Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ghlbtsk posted:

We haven't quite covered all of the delusions in the op.
Namely, what made you think you can raise a family in SF while playing the accordion for a living?

accordion is code for xir genderfluid spawn

they are pedophiles :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the point - certainly my point - is I honestly do not give a gently caress who you bang, how you bang, etc. if you aren't doing anything terrible. Period. I just do not give a poo poo, and society as a whole should be encouraged to give less of a poo poo. If they want to campaign for something useful it'd be to, surprise, start REMOVING labels so that people can be into whatever without being put into a specific group with all the terrible group behavior that comes along with it.

This push to make 500 new loving terms to accommodate the endless kinks found on the internet is stupid as hell and frankly the people really pushing for it, more or less, just want to feel like - to use a phrase - "Special Snowflakes."

Look at the OP. If that whole loving thing had read "Out of work musician and long time partner seek a place to stay with our child," nobody'd be here making fun of that poo poo. People are making fun of that poo poo because of all the ridiculous "offend no one" language it ends up being just loving ridiculous. They have wrapped themselves so deeply in this bullshit, in fact, that it has become their entire identity. That's a recurring theme I'm noticing. I don't feel the need to preface "I am an <insert job here>," with a declaration of being a straight white dude with a list of poo poo I'm into. It's just ridiculous.

It's stupid poo poo that's setting their own movement back horrendously, and believe me, there is a coming backlash. People put up with it for a while, and now it's going to come back ten fold. The problem is instead of "Don't be dicks to people regardless of what they're into" politics it's become "Accept everything and you better adhere to and learn our huge list of internet bullshit or you're a bigoted monster!!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, more labels does not help. Labeling yourself makes you an easy target, always has, always will. Making ridiculously goofy labels and supporting the total loving nuts on the internet who think they are a dragons who like to gently caress buildings as part of the package deal... that's some old bullshit and that's where we're at. Every bit of progress their movement has made has been shot, repeatedly, in the foot until the gun went click by these people who drank way, way too much of the Kool-Aid. To the point instead of real change, people will look back at this in ten years as a defining goofy bit from our decade.

Long story short, there was a chance to change things and then they went and hosed it up.

uh i don't care about any of that itt, i just wanted to say what a bad poster the other guy was. cool opinion though

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

max4me posted:

There is a joke about how gendered the term strawman is but I couldnt be assed to make it work.

Okay I'm gonna change gears.

Remember that whole kerfuffle with the indian native americans and the head dress/war bonets. and the issue of cultural appropriation

A lady I grew up with, went to school with, was raging hardcore about it. So loving hard that all her friends dog piled her about how she was basically being a fascists in dictating what others are allowed to do.

It got ugly people pointed out that she has tatoos that are a hodgepodge of other cultures religious symbols and plans on more.

She identified as Native American, which she cited as the source for her authority on the mater. which finally set me off. many years ago my cousin took me to the reservations in the American south west and the experience honestly depressed the gently caress out of me.

So I pointed out that she didnt grow up on the reservation she group up in the same town as me.

I pointed out that she didnt speak the native language she spoke the same as me

I pointed out that her cultural experience and socialization was the same as me, basically a white person in a lovely town.

Culture, location, language she had none of it, almost like she was OMG a boring white person.

Finally I told her "look I am gonna put my money where your mouth is, I will pay for the DNA testing if your back ground isnt native american will you walk back all the stuff you've said"

Can you guess if she took the offer? or did she give a song and dance about how DNA dont mean anything and culture is more than blood?

Samething with the trans poo poo, they all make a bunch of different models trying to remake the world and language to conform to their terms. Which the more I look at the people who do this the more I see it as a way to have power over something.

looks like you found your squawman

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

looks like you found your squawman

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
If gender is nothing more than the set of cultural constraints around behaviors according to sex then isn't the real answer to abolish gender instead of trying to change yours? :shobon:

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

Luxury Communism posted:

If gender is nothing more than the set of cultural constraints around behaviors according to sex then isn't the real answer to abolish gender instead of trying to change yours? :shobon:

gender is loving gay and thinking about it is loving stupid

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
This is what gets me, if the problem is that society expects people to behave and dress a certain way because of their gender, then wouldn't just working towards abolishing those norms solve the issue? Instead what is happening inventing hundreds of labels where you're STILL expected to conform to a set of norms (if you want to see some of the worst debates in the internet see 'tucute' vs 'truscum' wherein people who BELIEVE they're transsexuals based on their feels flip their poo poo at people with diagnosed gender dysphoria) and it's just endlessly dividing people into micro-castes so everyone knows who has more privilege then the others.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Irrational Bees posted:

Thats fine if you dont like it... more for every body who cant get enough of saying boys have a penis a girls have a vagina to each other

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Irrational Bees posted:

bees you've been on a real gender bender lately

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

a bay posted:

Thats fine if you dont like it... more for every body who cant get enough of saying boys have a penis a girls have a vagina to each other

can a baby bottle pop commercial during a commercial break for kindergarten cop set off prodromal schizophrenia

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I love living on the east coast because there's way less of these clowns here

rednecks and racists I can live with

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Also I'm pretty sure a couple serial killers have been made because their parents raised them as the opposite sex to see what happens, so pro-tip, don't do that folks

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
why do you weirdos lose sleep over other people's genitals and sexual preferences? is this how 33-year-olds in deadend cubicle jobs and fat, loveless girlfriends feel better about their own choices? some people are weird and are weird on the Internet. who gives a poo poo?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
im normal

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

TenementFunster posted:

why do you weirdos lose sleep over other people's genitals and sexual preferences? is this how 33-year-olds in deadend cubicle jobs and fat, loveless girlfriends feel better about their own choices? some people are weird and are weird on the Internet. who gives a poo poo?

we're trying to catch up with reddit and 4chan. maybe pull in some of those red pill dollars $$$

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

TenementFunster posted:

it's interesting human being im not losing sleep over furry tranny rights

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
People do that all the time all over this website: "why are you all frothing at the mouth with rage at ____________???" and it's like, we're not, dude - we're just talkin'. Just chatting.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

People do that all the time all over this website: "why are you all frothing at the mouth with rage at ____________???" and it's like, we're not, dude - we're just talkin'. Just chatting.

yeah I basically go to SA so I can see freakshows more or less

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

TenementFunster posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2920891&pagenumber=200&perpage=40#post453165814

hmm....

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

:golfclap:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So this is one of those "we all know it's fake but let's pretend it's real so we can mock the strawman" things from Imgur, right? Let me see if I can do this right:

Call yourself the right words!...or something...

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

it's annoying when every other thread is more whining about sjws

the old gbs thought crime brigade was bad but the way things are going now isn't any better

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i have one or two more if you want to check out the collection

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Powercrazy posted:

So "transgender" is just gay dudes that don't want to admit it right?

kind of the opposite actually, in a way. gay people do not buy into traditional gender roles. there is a reason saudi arabia encourages trans-gender and bans gay. transgender people buy into the notion of gender roles super hardcore, this is why the notion is actually anti-progressive and reactionary. picking a category is very important for them, so it is important that those categories be as distinct as possible, otherwise whats the point of being another gender?

SJW/Trans aim to build up gender roles, because it contributes to how special each category is, and how much pride a person can get from identifying with that category. gay people typically try to subvert traditional gender roles.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HoAssHo posted:

lol yeah, just some bros kicking back and chatting about how some harmless weirdo is better off dead and is probably pimping out their toddler. way chill!

edit:

Rutibex posted:

kind of the opposite actually, in a way. gay people do not buy into traditional gender roles. there is a reason saudi arabia encourages trans-gender and bans gay. transgender people buy into the notion of gender roles super hardcore, this is why the notion is actually anti-progressive and reactionary. picking a category is very important for them, so it is important that those categories be as distinct as possible, otherwise whats the point of being another gender?

SJW/Trans aim to build up gender roles, because it contributes to how special each category is, and how much pride a person can get from identifying with that category. gay people typically try to subvert traditional gender roles.
also this kind of nutter crap

watching dorks who played Everquest and make Jeff k jokes in 2001 metastasize into the next generation of bitter, racist uncles is a true joy

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 15, 2015

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

the old gbs thought crime brigade was bad but the way things are going now isn't any better

It's kind of like a tv show or a song that you find offensive in that you can turn it off and do something else instead of complaining. You do know you don't have to click on things and bang away at your keyboard to tell people that you're better than them and acting like a site on the internet should be one way or another means you put way too much thought into poo poo that doesn't matter. Go outside and pick up roadkill if you want to be useful. This is for people wasting time.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ariza posted:

It's kind of like a tv show or a song that you find offensive in that you can turn it off and do something else instead of complaining. You do know you don't have to click on things and bang away at your keyboard to tell people that you're better than them and acting like a site on the internet should be one way or another means you put way too much thought into poo poo that doesn't matter. Go outside and pick up roadkill if you want to be useful. This is for people wasting time.

your mom is for people wasting time :D

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

your mom is for people wasting time :D

:angel:

that's you going to heaven to be with my mom, asskiller.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the point - certainly my point - is I honestly do not give a gently caress who you bang, how you bang, etc. if you aren't doing anything terrible. Period. I just do not give a poo poo, and society as a whole should be encouraged to give less of a poo poo. If they want to campaign for something useful it'd be to, surprise, start REMOVING labels so that people can be into whatever without being put into a specific group with all the terrible group behavior that comes along with it.

This push to make 500 new loving terms to accommodate the endless kinks found on the internet is stupid as hell and frankly the people really pushing for it, more or less, just want to feel like - to use a phrase - "Special Snowflakes."

Look at the OP. If that whole loving thing had read "Out of work musician and long time partner seek a place to stay with our child," nobody'd be here making fun of that poo poo. People are making fun of that poo poo because of all the ridiculous "offend no one" language it ends up being just loving ridiculous. They have wrapped themselves so deeply in this bullshit, in fact, that it has become their entire identity. That's a recurring theme I'm noticing. I don't feel the need to preface "I am an <insert job here>," with a declaration of being a straight white dude with a list of poo poo I'm into. It's just ridiculous.

It's stupid poo poo that's setting their own movement back horrendously, and believe me, there is a coming backlash. People put up with it for a while, and now it's going to come back ten fold. The problem is instead of "Don't be dicks to people regardless of what they're into" politics it's become "Accept everything and you better adhere to and learn our huge list of internet bullshit or you're a bigoted monster!!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, more labels does not help. Labeling yourself makes you an easy target, always has, always will. Making ridiculously goofy labels and supporting the total loving nuts on the internet who think they are a dragons who like to gently caress buildings as part of the package deal... that's some old bullshit and that's where we're at. Every bit of progress their movement has made has been shot, repeatedly, in the foot until the gun went click by these people who drank way, way too much of the Kool-Aid. To the point instead of real change, people will look back at this in ten years as a defining goofy bit from our decade.

Long story short, there was a chance to change things and then they went and hosed it up.

yeah basically this, quoting for truth

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

we're trying to catch up with reddit and 4chan. maybe pull in some of those red pill dollars $$$

Is this the only post you can make? Its super boring.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Cuck ayy lmbo Lol *takes off neon green fedora and puts on a black one* But seriously, Im going to be laying down some hard truths about gender in the next couple paragraphs so if you are the type to get triggered then consider your self warned

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

opus111 posted:

Is this the only post you can make? Its super boring.

I've been telling him this for weeks

His usual response is "lol this is u" and then he posts a picture of a fat guy wearing a fedora because he has an unhealthy fixation on hats

Hell, that'll probably be his response to this post too, because he is v bad at arguments (hence the repeated Reddit allusions as though anyone cares)

e: whoa the fedora joke was a little ahead of schedule and from a (slightly) different poster, looks like my watch is a little slow

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Their entire worldview is based around the belief that the only people who could conceivably listen to their arguments and disagree are either stupid or evil, so they act accordingly. There's no need to read or reply to the argument of a stupid/evil person because their belief is so self-evidently correct it doesn't need to be defended, all the cool and good people know you're right by default, you just need to highlight how stupid and evil their opponents are, and win. If you ever argued with a true believer christian about his faith you'd see basically the same reaction.

The only time you see them actually bother to argue is during an internal purge of heretics.

Totalizator fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 15, 2015

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is bad

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The thing that bugs me is them using the language and image of The Struggle. I can't help but notice they aren't holding arms and singing "We Shall Overcome" while facing firehoses and police dogs. The Suffragettes, Civil Rights and Gay Rights movements fought to be equal before the law and accepted as they are. I don't know what these people are fighting for but it seems mostly about getting people to agree with them. They're more concerned about what other people think than what they do.

MLK never said White People who weren't fighting hard enough were bigots. I wonder what SJWs think of Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

His usual response is "lol this is u" and then he posts a picture of a fat guy wearing a fedora because he has an unhealthy fixation on hats

Hell, that'll probably be his response to this post too, because he is v bad at arguments (hence the repeated Reddit allusions as though anyone cares)

e: whoa the fedora joke was a little ahead of schedule and from a (slightly) different poster, looks like my watch is a little slow

Check this out lol

Totalizator posted:

Their entire worldview is based around the belief that the only people who could conceivably listen to their arguments and disagree are either stupid or evil, so they act accordingly. There's no need to read or reply to the argument of a stupid/evil person because their belief is so self-evidently correct it doesn't need to be defended, all the cool and good people know you're right by default, you just need to highlight how stupid and evil their opponents are, and win. If you ever argued with a true believer christian about his faith you'd see basically the same reaction.

The only time you see them actually bother to argue is during an internal purge of heretics.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

A misanthrope posted:

These threads keep popping up because whiney babies keep getting the other ones locked. Threads making fun of people with dumb libertarian or conservative views pretty much go on for as long as they need until they run their own course but for some reason making fun of dumb leftists is something a good chunk of our posters get really upset over. What's particularly obnoxious about this is this stuff is current events, its 2015 and these are pop issues that get discussed by the news and politicians. Even obama commented on the collective meltdown going across colleges canpuses and how toxic their refusal to communicate with anyone who disagreed with them was.

If you guys could just close your eyes and walk away from one thread it would mostly stay in there but instead new threads keep opening up when the next news story or image circles social media after the old one gets shut down. Alternatively you could in your seemingly infinite wisdom actually discuss the topic at hand rather than going "lol fedora" over and over again.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

dude your trilby is svelt as hel no need to be ashamed

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a bay posted:

Check this out lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted: