Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

indigi posted:

were tjhose Star Wars spoilers posted earlier accurate or fake joke ones
if you read them they're accurate, if you didn't they're hilarious jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

indigi posted:

sexy alien robots that ARE space ships

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

would

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

were tjhose Star Wars spoilers posted earlier accurate or fake joke ones

darth vader is deffo luke's skywalker's father

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I just thought I hadn't watched the new trek trailer, but I just have forgotten it since last night

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

papa_november posted:

the only acceptable future of space opera involves this being remade/re-adapted as live-action

seriously someone get yoshiki tanaka and ronald d moore on a conference call

i'd be 100% on board with changing some of the characters to women so it's not just the dude show.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

indigi posted:

part of me really wants to see this movie.

like, not played as a parody or comedy or anything, but for real. that's how the movie starts, then somehow it incorporates all the things we've seen in the trailer

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
'marfin hard

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

speaking of movies with huge hype trains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXUQq7OsKQ

already working on my Fantastic Breasts and Where To Find Them parody script

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

"you know what people love about star trek? NOT having a space ship" - the producers of one trek beyond apparently

it's the alt-timeline star trek III. they're apparently hell bent on following something about the progression of the TOS films, so this one needs a blown up enterprise and lot of time spent running around on a planet until they find another ship to gank. they got rid of the regeneration plotline, so now they can spend the time doing more xxxtreme action

the next one will somehow involve time travel and/or sea mammals. the one after that will be written and directed by chris pine

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
watched the fargo finale last night. i think it may have actually been too good, like they should really just ease off a bit next season

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

indigi posted:

sexy alien robots that ARE space ships

aww yeah Andromeda Ascendant

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

watched the fargo finale last night. i think it may have actually been too good, like they should really just ease off a bit next season

are they planning one?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
i havent read childhood's end so i cant compare it but the first part of the show was actually p good and chief obrien :swoon: ill watch anything your in

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DiggityDoink posted:

aww yeah Andromeda Ascendant

lexa doig is so hot

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SimMH3Q6zLw

pos

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lexa doig is so hot

the blonde in the final season isnt nearly as hot imo and shes apparently a crazy bible thumper

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lexa doig is so hot

yeah she is

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dodoman posted:

new x-men movie looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvnHv42T-A

in before "lol comics lol comic movies lol if you lol" etc. etc. etc.

well i guess bryan singer needed to destroy a bridge since they ripped one apart in 3 w/o him

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
expanse chat: somehow the second episode has disappeared into the aether

1, 3, and 4 are floating around, but 2 while it definitely aired, is nowhere to be found

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

qntm posted:

are they planning one?

yeah already announced. apparently they're doing something that happens after season 1, but not quite present day

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

I didn't know they were still making harry potters but of course a harry potter in America has to take place in the early 1900s cause jk rowling is terrible

if we're gonna get Harry Potter EU stuff all I want is a book/movie/whatever about Wizard World War II where Dumbledore defeats Grindelwald

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
wizards storming the wizard beach at wizard normandy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nazi wizards cut down the English wizards with nazi wizard machine guns which are just normal machine guns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"Wizard BJ Blazkowicz, Wizard MechaHitler is developing the largest wand in the world! it will be able to turn people's hair funny colors from hundreds of miles away! You need to break into Castle Wizardstein to stop him!"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they're going to sue you for leaking the video game tie-in plot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

"Wizard BJ Blazkowicz, Wizard MechaHitler is developing the largest wand in the world! it will be able to turn people's hair funny colors from hundreds of miles away! You need to break into Castle Wizardstein to stop him!"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

Nazi wizards cut down the English wizards with nazi wizard machine guns which are just normal machine guns

Shaggar posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
American wizards show up and save the day by being hella rad and laying waste to german cities with wizard's fire.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

is there also a pacific campaign where the wizards raze entire cities before unleashing the ultimate magic weapon (twice)?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
shaggar on a fuckin roll here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

American wizards show up and save the day by being hella rad and laying waste to german cities with wizard's fire.

the cool american wizards have plenty of bravado and swagger and the latest chic wands but they also hafta contend w/ the evil indian warlocks who derive their power by corrupting nature and skinning their enemies alive

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

infernal machines posted:

the one after that will be written and directed by chris pine

uhura's sexy fan dance is sure to be more fun in jjtrek #5 than it was in st V

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i dunno, i think nichelle nichols is a better dancer than zachary quinto

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
In the east, the Lich King Stalin sends wave after wave of undead against the germans. His mindless hordes crash against the Nazi forces and overwhelm them with sheer numbers. In the end an uneasy pact is made between the allied wizards and the evil lich, but at what cost??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i'm hoping the cast of star trek: the college years will be just as geriatric as the TOS cast were by the time that one rolls out.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

iirc it's explicitly said in-canon that German wizard school produces more evil wizards than most wizard schools

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JawnV6 posted:

i dunno, i think nichelle nichols is a better dancer than zachary quinto

zachary quinto is a gay but he is also a white

hmmmm this is a conundrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

In the east, the Lich King Stalin sends wave after wave of undead against the germans. His mindless hordes crash against the Nazi forces and overwhelm them with sheer numbers. In the end an uneasy pact is made between the allied wizards and the evil lich, but at what cost??

dangerously close to some dumb trilogy (because ofc) about british blood sorcerers vs. nazi cybersoldiers i read once

• Locked thread