Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, two people on my team coordinated on the plane map

they would pick a chokepoint and electrify the shield

there are a lot of points on the plane map where thats the only place you can go through on that floor of the level without going to another floor

so many kills from people trying to vault over an electrified shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I think I convinced myself not to play with pubs on this game. Because jesus christ it's more aggravating then tense most of the time.

In fact, as soon as I knew it was 2v5 at match point on a hostage map, I just shot the hostage after it was spotted in a fit of "gently caress this". It's only a -600 XP loss anyway.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Bandit had a deployable shield in the beta but they replaced it with a Nitro Cell. Nitro Cells are nice but the shield synergized with him way better, I wish they'd change it back.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Patch looks promising, and those are some really good patch notes. Gives me hope for the future development of this game.

Favourite attacker is by far Thatcher, his rifle slays bodies and his special can be useful but isn't critical. Favourite defense is probably Pulse, but his special isn't that useful for every map, in which case I usually go Smoke, Bandit if no one goes Mute.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 15, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

gonger posted:

What's the trick to getting the best use out of Bandit? I'm never sure whether it's better to electrify reinforced walls or barbed wire. I've heard barricades can be a good choice too if placed effectively, but that rarely works out with pubs.

I've always had more success with electrified walls, it's rare to actually get a kill from them but it's always good if they aren't paying attention and try to put down a charge anyway they will take quite a bit of damage from the shocks before the animation completes and lets them pull away. Overall though i would say Bandit is kind of a meh defender, maybe if his gun was better it'd be a different story.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think if you electrify a wall not only do they take a lot of damage from trying to place it, but the charge gets destroyed

Don't quote me on that necessarily, but I'm pretty sure I have tried to place a thermite charge on a reinforced wall, not realizing it was electrified and it destroyed it

so if its actually implemented how I recall it above then you basically can set up 3 walls that not even Thermite can break through

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

SWAP!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I wish you could one hand your weapon as a defender while simultaneously holding the nitro cell button down. Get killed and your nitro cell goes off regardless, if it still exists. I think if you are trying to throw a grenade and get killed it doesn't always release the grenade by your body which is disappointing. I could be wrong on that last one, just haven't noticed it happening.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have people had the usual Match Maker problems since the patch?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Have people had the usual Match Maker problems since the patch?

Patch isn't out yet.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

gonger posted:

What's the trick to getting the best use out of Bandit? I'm never sure whether it's better to electrify reinforced walls or barbed wire. I've heard barricades can be a good choice too if placed effectively, but that rarely works out with pubs.

So, find a window that people like to breach through frequently. Stand parallel to the wall, and place the barbed wire and battery down with the dot as close to the wall as you can. It puts the battery right up against the wall and makes it hard to shoot through the window, and that's if they're paying attention (which they usually aren't). I have multiple electricity kills from people swinging into the windows and getting stuck in the barbed wire and just... not moving fast enough, I suppose.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

I think if you electrify a wall not only do they take a lot of damage from trying to place it, but the charge gets destroyed

Don't quote me on that necessarily, but I'm pretty sure I have tried to place a thermite charge on a reinforced wall, not realizing it was electrified and it destroyed it

so if its actually implemented how I recall it above then you basically can set up 3 walls that not even Thermite can break through

I don't know if they take a LOT of damage, but the charge definitely gets destroyed. Actually any charge will be destroyed from taking any damage, so if you think you hear one being placed on the other side of a non-reinforced wall you can shoot through it to both wreck the charge and hit the person planting it. You can also shoot a thermite charge while it's still "cutting" and destroy it before it explodes, which won't come up in PvP but the AI likes to use thermite charges on normal walls in TH, so if you see the sparks you can shoot them and cancel the breach entirely.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Is there any indicator for Montagne that indicates whether or not his shield is extended?

Miffroon
May 7, 2006
Owe's mansex to Hotwire

Kanish posted:

Is there any indicator for Montagne that indicates whether or not his shield is extended?

I might be wrong but you have to hold the button down to extend his shield, you lose the use of your gun while doing it

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Miffroon posted:

I might be wrong but you have to hold the button down to extend his shield, you lose the use of your gun while doing it

Yeah you have to hold the button down. If you aren't holding it, it's not extended.

Ektor
Oct 16, 2007
an useful myth buster video related to R6 Siege :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQgh1WzCe0

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It's a team based game and everyone I rank with doesn't have a Microphone. What the christ.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I think it's mostly fear of the open mic bug.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Miffroon posted:

I've been using it completely wrong the few times I've played him :stare:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My mic simply doesn't work in this game and I got tired of trying to make it work.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I found the latest exploit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQNXUlbfUNs

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

You just weren't strong enough to recreate the Snatch fight scene and come back and punch the guy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the match maker all kinds of hosed right now for everyone else?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

BadLlama posted:

Is the match maker all kinds of hosed right now for everyone else?

Patch-a Claus is busying working his magic on the game right now, if you go to sleep now the game will be improved when you wake up :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BadLlama posted:

My mic simply doesn't work in this game and I got tired of trying to make it work.
While game has a whole slew of bugs, try minimizing threshold and setting push to talk voice activation in game.

AbortRetryFail posted:

I think it's mostly fear of the open mic bug.
That's me now after I realised that likely the majority of people ever to be in my team have been exposed to an endless flow of mildly memetic chatter in Russian, peppered with absolutely hamfisted humour and crude remarks regarding shortcomings of our team to do x or y at any given time.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Patch-a Claus is busying working his magic on the game right now, if you go to sleep now the game will be improved when you wake up :v:

Patch is at 1 PM EST. So in just under 12 hours.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Having a team that communicates is what wins games, calling out positions, coordinated attacks, not blocking off every entrance is essential.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

<EDIT DP>

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My friend is super salty about his rank, Silver I.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eTLdyrQI7M

I dunno why the last guy stuck around, tryin' to be a hero I guess

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

kalstrams posted:

My friend is super salty about his rank, Silver I.

So i'm guessing Silver is the lowest rank like it is in Counter Strike? I got Silver 3 :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
It's Bronze to Platinum, each with 4 levels

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

It's Bronze to Platinum, each with 4 levels
Actually Copper to Diamond, with 3 Platinum ranks and single Diamond rank.

Edit:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i'm guessing Silver is the lowest rank like it is in Counter Strike? I got Silver 3 :v:
He's salty because hid kd there rarely drops below 5 while arguably worst player in our group is Gold 2 and can shoot even if his life depends on it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

kalstrams posted:

Actually Copper to Diamond, with 3 Platinum ranks and single Diamond rank.

Edit:
He's salty because hid kd there rarely drops below 5 while arguably worst player in our group is Gold 2 and can shoot even if his life depends on it.

It must not be K/d based, cause I'm gold 1 with a .8 k/d.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Jerkface posted:

Lovin playing mp (Terrorist hunt is for PC players I guess since it runs like poo poo on ps4 but mp runs great) but my biggest peeve is still getting single shot in the head and dying instantly vs people just loving spraying.

Seeing that

120 dmg (100%) or whatever damage marker makes me crazy and I go wild with grief

I have been playing almost exclusively Terrorist Hunt on PS4 and haven't had any issues with how it runs. I usually run it Lone Wolf or a small group of friends though so maybe there are issues with full parties. It is great. One of my favorite game modes ever.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Bananana posted:

It must not be K/d based, cause I'm gold 1 with a .8 k/d.
We know for a fact that it is not K/D based, developers did address that on the official forums. I am not sure if I agree with such decision, since evidently players can get stuck way below where they do belong. On the other hand, the patch today includes ranking adjustments, so we'll see how the ball rolls then.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I may end up buying a second ps4 copy as well as the pc version so I can play with my buddies from work. I'm liking it that much.

gently caress you Ubisoft :arghfist:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

he1ixx posted:

I have been playing almost exclusively Terrorist Hunt on PS4 and haven't had any issues with how it runs. I usually run it Lone Wolf or a small group of friends though so maybe there are issues with full parties. It is great. One of my favorite game modes ever.

Frag out.

Oops.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

ChickenWyngz posted:

I may end up buying a second ps4 copy as well as the pc version so I can play with my buddies from work. I'm liking it that much.

gently caress you Ubisoft :arghfist:

It really is a lot of fun with a full team of close buddies who are on voice comms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I booted the game up a bit before the patch dropped and it doesn't seem to register the fact that I own the season pass anymore in game. I tried to re-activate the code but it just says "this code is already associated with this account"

Maybe it's just something with the servers pre-patch? It recognized it before.

• Locked thread