Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

babypolis posted:

this debate was utter trash

Shakenbaker posted:

So in the end while hammered drunk I feel like this was less substantive than the CNBC debate.

I guess they didn't actually complaint about the liberal media but goddamn this was some tunnel vision poo poo.

This debate was totally awful and yes, it was just talking points repeated over and over again with no basis in reality. The faster the GOP dissolves into nothingness the better for every single American, no questions asked. There's no salvaging to be done here.

Bring on the Trumpocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Logikv9 posted:

the nomination or the debate

yep

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee posted:

Alright so, who wants to be the first to backpedal from "Donald "When did we beat Japan at anything?" Trump is never going to win this thing?"

Anyone?

Anyone at all? :smug:

Ryan will suck a cock on live TV before he announces Republican Nominee Donald Trump

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

So in the end while hammered drunk I feel like this was less substantive than the CNBC debate.

I guess they didn't actually complaint about the liberal media but goddamn this was some tunnel vision poo poo.

with the gop a foreign policy focus is always going to be the most nauseating I think. not that their domestic stuff is much better, but their foreign policy talking points are just unimaginable.

what's funny is when if they get to the general and just copy the democrat like romney did with obama.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What is it about him that's so entertaining to listen to? I still enjoy it.

Honesty. Frankness. Things that are lacking in the entirety of the rest of American politics.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I stand by my earlier assessment that Rubio and Trump did the best, Jeb! cleared the bar his past performance had set, Cruz and Carson did very poorly and everyone else did meh, including Rand who scored points with his crowd, but nobody cares.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Zyla posted:

well that was horrible i am a lesser person for having had watched it and i need liquor

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

babypolis posted:

yeah and trump has always been doing well with those people. doesnt make his final statement impressive in any way

In terms of what plays for people that are going to be voting in the GOP primary, I would argue that it does.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I skipped the last hour cause I couldn't take the pain anymore. Did Trump get stumped?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ryan will suck a cock on live TV before he announces Republican Nominee Donald Trump

Por que no los dos?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

babypolis posted:

this debate was utter trash

*COUGH*

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

...but Tatum Girlparts didn't know just how true this would be...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zyla posted:

well that was horrible i am a lesser person for having had watched it and i have been drinking liquor since before it started

FTFM

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it was really cute when rand insulted christie about the bridge

nobody's ending statement mattered they were all forgettable trash. maybe the reagan namedrops will help cruz

jeb did his darndest but the party doesn't have the strength to look their frontrunner in the face and say the things their research tells them will be winning issues for the democrats after the primary. unless they're disastrously wrong in the opposite direction from the ways they've been disastrously wrong so far, that's a really bad sign for them

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Mr Jaunts posted:

Did Trump get stumped?

He's explicitly ruled out an Independent run - "No matter what." Maybe that counts as being stumped.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What is it about him that's so entertaining to listen to? I still enjoy it.

He has charisma. It's an awful charisma, but it still works

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Chokes McGee posted:

Alright so, who wants to be the first to backpedal from "Trump is never going to win this thing?"

Anyone?

Anyone at all? :smug:

There's still plenty of dirty tricks the RNC can pull in the next year and atthe convention tostump the Trump, but assuming he clears those hurdles and play's ball all the way...

Nah, still won't twork.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Jaunts posted:

I skipped the last hour cause I couldn't take the pain anymore. Did Trump get stumped?

This may come as a shock to you—you may want to sit down—but it actually turns out you can't stump the Trump.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hope hes practicing his technique

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

rear end cobra posted:

Best part of the debate was Ben Carson being extra quiet for about 10 seconds

That was obviously his best moment.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think Rubio looked really dumb like 90% of the time and when anyone challenged him he looked legitimately shocked, like he didn't expect to defend himself.

that's rubio. i don't really understand his appeal outside of an aquafina spokesperson

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

He's explicitly ruled out an Independent run - "No matter what." Maybe that counts as being stumped.

He's now saying 'well no not no matter what' already

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mr Jaunts posted:

No, but he did literally kill Cruz on stage and scream "there can only be one" while absorbing his dark politikal magicks, so :shrug:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just don't have the energy to analyze this one. I just want them all to go away.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I want to choke Carley until she dies

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
"If Hillary is allowed to run, I will beat her soundly."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Needs More Ditka posted:

that's rubio. i don't really understand his appeal outside of an aquafina spokesperson

He's the only 'sane' guy left which means he has like 90% of Cruz' reprehensible ideals but he's cuter and younger

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

I just don't have the energy to analyze this one. I just want them all to go away.

IF Hillary Clinton gets to run...

Seriously.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Well that won't matter, because he knows he'll win the Republican nom :getin:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
holy god let's talk about how bad fiorina was

did she have a worse night than carson? with the base, I think she might have.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I live for Trump's eviceration of Jeb! on TV. This is like 80% of the joy I get from these things.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

y'all feckless weaklings, just sayin

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

I want to choke Carley until she dies

you want to watch that lack of light in her eyes slowly go out?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

"Eating our lunch", an analogy that appeals to the Average American.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I just voted for Mike Huckabee in the poll

I was the first person to vote for Mike Huckabee :unsmith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's the only 'sane' guy left which means he has like 90% of Cruz' reprehensible ideals but he's cuter and younger

ruhhh....ruuuuuu.
Rubio is "sane"?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

No changes here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DeepDickPizza posted:

Wolf Blitzer: "Merry Christmas."

Congratulations, Wolf, on becoming the Republican nominee.

He even did the God Bless The Troops bit. Got this figured out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

holy god let's talk about how bad fiorina was

did she have a worse night than carson? with the base, I think she might have.

Carson was nothing but Carly was nothing AND looked insane constantly chiming into actual debate with "THE PEOPLE HATE THIS EVERYONE HATES THIS LOOK AT ME"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

carson was by faaaaar the biggest loser today. it looked as if no one wanted to him to be on stage tonight, not even himself. every time he spoke everyone involved kept his contributions as short as possible

• Locked thread