Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok, you can talk about Genesis too. Sorry for the confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

While I was kinda bummed this game doesn't take place in the 90s, the scene where 4000 yakuza bow like synchronized swimmers hooked me right back in. And there's also more to the combat than I first though with the dodging and blocking but it still all feels kinda stop and go, kinda chunky. I think it's great how super serious everything is until you get the VS. PUNK rear end and insane jazz guitar riffs kick in and you start flailing your arms like an animal and delivering suplexes to homeless people.

it's funny watching random thugs chasing you down around the overworld and demanding money only to get put the gently caress down during combat.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok, you can talk about Genesis too. Sorry for the confusion.

Vectorman!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Sorry I meant Sega Master System which doesnt have Sonic 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeyG_1W-YJE

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ahh what the hell. I dont know my poo poo

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

i know nothing about the master system, this looks really good for an 8-bit game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the only 8 bit sonic worth a drat is triple trouble and even then it's just okay. the 8bit sonics are really bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pikachu posted:

i know nothing about the master system, this looks really good for an 8-bit game

road rash on master system is really impressive to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPCXZOMEVc

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
now I want a power base converter... :retrogames:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i got one but the games are getting too pricy for me to want to buy them but if you get an everdrive you can load the roms up on a genesis without needing a power base converter

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

road rash on master system is really impressive to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPCXZOMEVc

yeah i loaded it up in an emu once to laugh at how bad of a port i thought it was gonna be but it's actually good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2K2qcDOIo The first 40 seconds of this are incredible.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2K2qcDOIo The first 40 seconds of this are incredible.

I spit food out of my mouth and did a whiter Austin laugh... now I just pulled some rice of my forehood.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*forehead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I spit food out of my mouth and did a whiter Austin laugh... now I just pulled some rice of my forehood.

lol

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

net cafe scandal posted:

What are the best NES and Sega Genesis games. The absolute best of the best.. Besides SMB3, Mega Man 2-6, and Sonic 2.

toejam and earl and kid chameleon

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've been wanting a genesis flash cart just so i can listen to this on a real model 1 genesis... but it'd be at 60 hz so it still wouldn't be the real deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_IJYc9t3vQ

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you're as autistic as me, you'll love this poo poo http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bouncer: Youre right, you're not an rear end in a top hat. [dramatic pause] You're a piece of poo poo!

Mid-tier Yakuza Boss: gently caress you motherfucker! Tear this place down! Beat the poo poo out of everything!

this game pwns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 3: Funeral of Fists

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

What are the best NES and Sega Genesis games. The absolute best of the best.. Besides SMB3, Mega Man 2-6, and Sonic 2.

Punch Out

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Bouncer: Youre right, you're not an rear end in a top hat. [dramatic pause] You're a piece of poo poo!

Mid-tier Yakuza Boss: gently caress you motherfucker! Tear this place down! Beat the poo poo out of everything!

this game pwns

That bouncer has some stones.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Bionic Commando owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

That bouncer has some stones.

I kicked his rear end for good measure too.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The first two Zelda games, Final Fantasy, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Blaster Master, a lot more I can't think of now

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i'm gonna catch some flak for this, but Tetris is the best NES game ever made

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

as ive grown older and wiser ive realized i actually dont really like straight up tetris. tetris battle gaiden is extremely my poo poo though

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Puzzle Fighter consigned Tetris to the dumpster of history for me, as the old saying goes

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerkops posted:

The first two Zelda games, Final Fantasy, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Blaster Master, a lot more I can't think of now

Bump n' Jump, Clash At Demonhead.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jerkops posted:

Bionic Commando owned

I Never Liked it and still don't

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

I Never Liked it and still don't

fail

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have bionic commando rearmed on PC and it won't launch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

going to buy some fancy beers and play rocket slime tonight after years of waiting. pretty pumped

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

going to buy some fancy beers and play rocket slime tonight after years of waiting. pretty pumped
Nice it's a lot of fun

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I got Shadowgate for the NES for 5 buxs and I'm diggin it. The music and writing is very nice.

"The oil quickly catches and sets you on fire!! There is no way to put the fire out once it starts. You will be burned to the bone!!"

Or when your break the wrong mirror:

"You have opened a magic portal into deep space. You are immediately sucked through. The lack of air causes you to quickly lose consciousness. The Grim Reaper quickly embraces you!!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This chapter in the middle of yakuza 1 where every story thread is just dropped so you can help a bunch of deadbeat dads reconnect with their estranged daughters and sons is bizarre

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

it's important to be a good dad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazuma just slapped a 12 year old girl completely unprompted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Games I played today: Yakuza (PS2, 2005), R.A.D.: Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2, 2002) and Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (SMS, 1990). Its been a good old day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Kazuma just slapped a 12 year old girl completely unprompted.

BIG reveal, she's actually 9.