Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
Literally Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

GOP does not want 'sane' and they do not want 'serious,' pack it up marcoailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

I honestly cannot remember a single thing he said besides boots boots boots boots boots.

i only remember his weird bit about removing a tumor from a child being the same as murdering them with indiscriminate bombing. every time he spoke he gave vague , very quick, non awnsers and there were never follow ups, either by the moderators or the other candidates. its as if no one was listening to his mumbly bullshit. it was incredibly bizarre imo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

I thought Cruz shat the bed hardcore. He even got stumped by WOLF BLITZER... But you know...

Frank Luntz fuckus group.

Cruz did terribly but he did it in a charismatic enough way to look good to his base audience, and more importantly to fluster Rubio a few times, which was really his main goal tonight. If he can make Rubio's base shakier he can scoop them up pretty well.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hillary clinton your next POTUS

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

this_is_hard posted:

Trump cannot be stumped

His exchange with Jeb Bush when he said "No one cares" is :vince:

Jeb Bush has the support of the effinate liberal wing of the Republican party

Like his poll numbers, this, too, is a statistical abhoration

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
is Cruz palatable enough to the establishment that Fox would really start pulling for him? I know talk radio's already starting to turn the tide

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VendaGoat posted:

Hillary clinton your next POTUS

TRUMP/CRUZ: WE WILL BURY THEM

Your 2016 winning ticket

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Joementum posted:

The Luntz focus group is obviously not representative of a true audience, but is meaningful because it will shape Fox coverage a bit.

His online focus group survey is still open; it's linked at his Twitter site. Enjoy spoofing it.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

BlueBlazer posted:

Trump is eating Cruz. He only needs an actual politician to assume his dark powers.

If the Crazy Focus Group is correct (it isn't, of course, but who knows) and Cruz really does end up sapping Rubio's poll numbers then it really is over. :getin:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So what did Trump promise Cruz, Huckabee and Santorum in exchange for playing nice

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
"Jeb is a big, rude, pussy." -Donald Trump

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

My Imaginary GF posted:

My observations on the debate after half-watching it at a bar in real America (the kinda America that don't gussy up a pig with lipstick):

this was a great post, thanks

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

babypolis posted:

i only remember his weird bit about removing a tumor from a child being the same as murdering them with indiscriminate bombing. every time he spoke he gave vague , very quick, non awnsers and there were never follow ups, either by the moderators or the other candidates. its as if no one was listening to his mumbly bullshit. it was incredibly bizarre imo

That moment was exceedingly strange.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

is Cruz palatable enough to the establishment that Fox would really start pulling for him? I know talk radio's already starting to turn the tide

Fox, Limbaugh, and Mark Levin really went after Trump yesterday when Trump was mean to Cruz :(

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So I take it the person that won that "debate" and the person we get told won it tomorrow in the news are going to be different people?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

babypolis posted:

He made a statement saying it would have been better to kill the kids (with tumors) quickly. Equating that to bombing kids in the middle east.

Did I miss hear that or not?

Shits creepy as gently caress.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

So what did Trump promise Cruz, Huckabee and Santorum in exchange for playing nice

Hucks and S******* aren't even in this race anymore, and Cruz clearly is OK with taking the VP slot so he can stay in the race until the end.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Krauthammer is Bill Krystol levels wrong though

I wasn't agreeing with him or anything. Just marveling at the crazy.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

TRUMP/CRUZ: WE WILL BURY THEM

Your 2016 winning ticket

Who would Hillary chose as her VP?

O'Malley's generic and Bernie would probably tell her to take a hike

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Combed Thunderclap posted:

If the Crazy Focus Group is correct (it isn't, of course, but who knows) and Cruz really does end up sapping Rubio's poll numbers then it really is over. :getin:

This is what I'm waiting for, yea, if Cruz can drain Rubio this clusterfuck is gonna implode even worse. Everyone in the establishment is hitching their dreams to Rubio, if he dies like Bush did then they'll have literally nothing but the most bombastic forms of insane.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

He's explicitly ruled out an Independent run - "No matter what." Maybe that counts as being stumped.
Walked back immediately in the post match interview

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cruz is a very attractive latino candidate. He was also the candidate who looked most presidential on that 'three pillars' question. Of course, if CNN weren't in the bed of liberals and asked about 'six sigma,' Trump would be the most Presidential and Cruz would be discussing the benefits of laminate flooring when you cannot put contracting on a party card.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Lol

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Christie did well I think, I was a fan of him throwing poo poo at the various Senators versus Governors.

If Trump weren't in the race he'd have had a much better shot, since being the loud-mouthed "tell it like it is" guy was his schtick going into it.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I feel bad for Callista Gingrich, she has to keep on existing and thinking things like this until she dies :'(

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
That was about as much of a stay the course debate as I've ever seen. Rubio did look flustered a lot though.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

I feel bad for Callista Gingrich, she has to keep on existing and thinking things like this until she dies :'(

her twitter picture makes me sad

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hucks and S******* aren't even in this race anymore, and Cruz clearly is OK with taking the VP slot so he can stay in the race until the end.

Huckabee and Santorum were brought up by Trump both during the debate and after the debate as his new best buds

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cactus posted:

So I take it the person that won that "debate" and the person we get told won it tomorrow in the news are going to be different people?

Nah. I think everyone'll agree that Trump won it.

The real debate will be who is in a better position now: Cruz or Rubio.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Fox, Limbaugh, and Mark Levin really went after Trump yesterday when Trump was mean to Cruz :(

Cruz' squirming while Trump beheld him was one of the funnier moments of the night, of a night of funny poo poo.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

well, drat, it was a good run :(

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Who would Hillary chose as her VP?

O'Malley's generic and Bernie would probably tell her to take a hike

lots of people think julian castro, his only experience is as mayor in a city where the city manager is the real executive and as a cabinet member. one possibility is tim kaine from virginia for the swing state positioning and since a white male would 'balance the ticket'

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

AlternateNu posted:

Nah. I think everyone'll agree that Trump won it.

The real debate will be who is in a better position now: Cruz or Rubio.

Cruz will be talked about far more than Rubio, that's the same as winning.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Jeb will be on CNN shortly. I wonder what he'll think of his performance today.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Sane feels like the incorrect word to use to describe anything I just saw.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
O'Reilly telling Krauthammer he's a loving idiot in regards to Trump on FOX is great right now.

E: Krauthammer is sad that Trump is a demagogue, and O'Reilly has a Trump hard on, thinks he's destroying the 'corrupt system.'

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

well, drat, it was a good run :(

It's not certain until Dick Morris says it