Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Clicking that led to this http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955porsche-speedster/

The terrible part being that it isn't even a numbers matching car going for half the cost of my house. I'll never own a 356 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The Locator posted:

Not what I'd call terrible, but page number appropriate.

I love Webb Bland's photography. His gallery on deviantArt is huge and awesome.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Octopus Magic posted:

I got my custom title for making fun of Saturns. :toot:

Actually you got your custom title for repeatedly making fun of anything that didn't suffer from crankwalk.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Selective color is terrible photography poo poo.. and it's of a car, so I guess it belongs in this thread.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

veedubfreak posted:

Clicking that led to this http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955porsche-speedster/

The terrible part being that it isn't even a numbers matching car going for half the cost of my house. I'll never own a 356 :(

Prettt sure the speedsters were pretty rare, I doubt a regular 356 would go for that much.

The prices are insane though, especially since you can practically buy a shell then source various Beetle parts yourself to rebuild one. I mean really there's like half a dozen people in the world that are going to give a poo poo if all the numbers match and its made to spec.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

xzzy posted:

Selective color is terrible photography poo poo.. and it's of a car, so I guess it belongs in this thread.

Agreed, it's one step up from software lens flare.

fakedit: this fucker

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

1500quidporsche posted:

Prettt sure the speedsters were pretty rare, I doubt a regular 356 would go for that much.

The prices are insane though, especially since you can practically buy a shell then source various Beetle parts yourself to rebuild one. I mean really there's like half a dozen people in the world that are going to give a poo poo if all the numbers match and its made to spec.

Ya, my 58 ragtop is as close as I'm going to get. At least it has a giant hole in the roof and will eventually have a giant engine in it. And being a bug, I don't have to feel super bad about doing "things" to it. Although I do have the numbers matching 36hp lawnmower engine it came with. I really need to get off my rear end and get it finished.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

Octopus Magic posted:

From a guy who owns an s2000 no less.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

Still the best $5bux I ever spent on SA :toot:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

kastein posted:

Actually you got your custom title for repeatedly making fun of anything that didn't suffer from crankwalk.

uhhh, I hate DSMs more than anything else and their owners?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Paul Boz_ posted:

Still the best $5bux I ever spent on SA :toot:

Pretty sure it was the best 5bux spent any where on SA.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

PolishHero posted:

Chrysler briefly owned Lamborghini, and the Stratus took styling from jointly developed concepts, so you are actually not that far off.

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Portofino.

:eng101: The Portofino inspired the 1993 LH Intrepid/Concorde/Vision triplets.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

DropShadow posted:

:eng101: The Portofino inspired the 1993 LH Intrepid/Concorde/Vision triplets.

My dad had a first gen Intrepid when they were new, I thought at the time it was a neat looking car.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

D C posted:

My dad had a first gen Intrepid when they were new, I thought at the time it was a neat looking car.

Was the clear "Intrepid" lens on the trunk cracked on his, too?

We had a first and second gen intrepid. Thought both were pretty cool.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

xzzy posted:

Selective color is terrible photography poo poo..

Someone once told me a long time ago when I was into photography that "It's always black/white and red". This one wierd rule of thumb will rarely fail you - photoshop jockeys hate it!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Someone once told me a long time ago when I was into photography that "It's always black/white and red". This one wierd rule of thumb will rarely fail you - photoshop jockeys hate it!

Irritating technique follows Nazi colour scheme, got it.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

D C posted:

My dad had a Concorde. Then this happened to it in our driveway.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The first-gen LH cars have aged surprisingly well, IMO.

Most of them are crusted to poo poo poverty mobiles but a clean one doesn't look half bad.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

DropShadow posted:

Two terrible cars kill each other. It was for the best man.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

D C posted:

"Twisty" wheels are definitely terrible 90s car stuff.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

DropShadow posted:

I miss white lettered tires

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

8ender posted:

Two terrible cars kill each other. It was for the best man.

Kill? Son, when two cars love each other very much...

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

blugu64 posted:

You're in luck! https://www.tirestickers.com/

Which is also terrible car stuff, as it turns out.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Guinness posted:

"Twisty" wheels are definitely terrible 90s car stuff.

i got these bad boys on my ZX2

jeeeaaaaaahhhhhh

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SaNChEzZ posted:

You're in luck! https://www.tirestickers.com/

Which is also terrible car stuff, as it turns out.

Those are actually pretty cool if you're going for the race car look.

I've always loved how raised white letters look, but the tire options with them always sucked unless you need tires for a Jeep.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I just put outlined white letter tires on my 97 Ram, looks totally boss. The terrible car stuff is that the place that put them on put the blackwalls out the first time like what the gently caress. The whole reason I got those tires were for the letters, and that they were inexpensively priced.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

blugu64 posted:

I got some tires for my Exploder and I was disappointed they didn't put the white letters out :saddowns:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
GT-:argh: from the local news

Apparently no fatalities

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Irritating technique follows Nazi colour scheme, got it.

I was thinking Schindler's List, but yeah, still Nazi I suppose.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Wasabi the J posted:

I got some tires for my Exploder and I was disappointed they didn't put the white letters out :saddowns:

My brother has a white Toureg with BF Goodrich A/Ts with the white letters out :unsmigghh:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dissss posted:

Apparently no fatalities

Of course it's Hamilton. Of course.

quote:

"They came over the rise of the hill and appear to have hit an undulation in the road. The driver appears to have braked heavily and they have hit a couple of trees."

HURRRR

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Boat posted:

I was thinking Schindler's List, but yeah, still Nazi I suppose.

or The Saboteur.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

dissss posted:

Apparently no fatalities

Driver should buy a lottery ticket.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

nm posted:

Driver should buy a lottery ticket.

nope. luck's all used up.

besides, if you can afford a GT, why buy a lotto ticket?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/681930-Just-another-reason-not-to-take-your-S4-to-an-instant-oil-change-shop

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its getting colder so I thought I might go to a local shop. Now I'm thinking maybe I can handle a 35 degree oil change.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
It surprisingly has a good, quick, resolution, but the initial post was a major WTF. Doesn't say if the tech did actually get charged, hopefully does get a vandalism charge

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well that's what you get when you go to one of those lovely auto repair franchises

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I never would have thought to call the cops, that owner thinks pretty good on his feet.

But I'd still have the upper hand because I'd never take my car to a quick lube joint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

neckbeard posted:

It surprisingly has a good, quick, resolution, but the initial post was a major WTF. Doesn't say if the tech did actually get charged, hopefully does get a vandalism charge

Oh gently caress off.

If you take your car to a monkey with a hammer and say "here, monkey, hit this with your hammer" and he dents it, you have to accept some responsibility. You don't ask for criminal charges against the monkey.