Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Xand_Man posted:

Keeping it classy.

Really just a slime bag, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fried Chicken posted:

Bush has suggested he will not support Trump, contra previous pledges

It's not surprising that Bush isn't an oathkeeper.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Please please please stop arguing with the Uber guy, my god

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

Keeping it classy.

taylor swift is pretty hot i'd play albums for her too

i mean i'd have to buy an album and record player first but after that i'd be down

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

Mistrial has been declared in the Freddie Gray trial. (More accurately the William Porter trial).

Cop did bad? But, cop = good? [ERROR] [ERROR]

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

I would love to not hear about airbnb and uber.

This is what I'm asking Santa for this year.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fiction posted:

Please please please stop arguing with the Uber guy, my god

Swear to God, I think some people make a Grover Norquist style pledge to not use their ignore buttons before posting in this thread.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Hidden in the omnibus: Congressmen intend to kill all this talk from Obama about requiring "transparency" of corporate donations to SuperPACs as a way to work around Citizens United.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I like that they used the phrase throwing shade.

Also, this isn't really great either:

quote:

"Mary Jo White has spent more than two years alternatively throwing shade at political disclosure rules and actively hindering their completion," said Jeff Hauser, who runs the Revolving Door Project at the Center for Effective Government. "Mary Jo White gave Congressional Republicans an opportunity to give corporate America a free pass to buy elections and public policy discreetly."
The omnibus bill further includes a ban on the Internal Revenue Service from issuing rules requiring disclosure from 501(c)(4) nonprofits engaged in politics. Groups such as these, including Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS and the billionaire Koch brothers' Americans for Prosperity, have spent hundreds of millions of dollar on election efforts without disclosing their donors since the Citizens United decision.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

haveblue posted:

The third-most-hated man in America (behind shrike82 and Gail Wynand) defends his recent actions by going full Bulworth and threatening to have the Albanian mob rub out the Wu-Tang Clan.

I'm getting a 404 on that link. Why is he threatening the Wu? Please tell me that Bill Murray heist or caper clause was real and planning is currently underway to execute it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know for such a big Wu Tang Clan fan he's kind of forgetting the first rule of Wu Tang.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cabbit posted:

Swear to God, I think some people make a Grover Norquist style pledge to not use their ignore buttons before posting in this thread.

It's sometimes nice to have a living reminder of how obnoxious Republican voters are. The novelty soon wears thin though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This omnibus bill is chock full of so much veto-worthy poo poo, if a shutdown weren't right around the corner

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

This omnibus bill is chock full of so much veto-worthy poo poo, if a shutdown weren't right around the corner

As long as you don't try to kill Obamacare, Obama will sign anything.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Talmonis posted:

It's sometimes nice to have a living reminder of how obnoxious Republican Democrat voters are. The novelty soon wears thin though.

Here...we...go...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fried Chicken posted:

Bush has suggested he will not support Trump, contra previous pledges

Uh, what Donald

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A Sikh woman went to a Dick's in California asking about some bulk ammo for her AR-15. The manager called the police after she left (without buying anything) and they showed up at her door asking questions two days later. :bravo:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1920980-california-woman-says-she-was-racially-profiled-at-dicks-sporting-goods/

What a country! -Yakov Smirnoff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Clearly it's suspiciously un-American to fail to buy vast quantities of ammo at every opportunity.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

A Sikh woman went to a Dick's in California asking about some bulk ammo for her AR-15. The manager called the police after she left (without buying anything) and they showed up at her door asking questions two days later. :bravo:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1920980-california-woman-says-she-was-racially-profiled-at-dicks-sporting-goods/

What a country! -Yakov Smirnoff

I'm sure the NRA will be calling to her defense any time!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mulva posted:

I'm sure the NRA will be calling to her defense any time!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, they represent manufacturers :ssh:

If everybody buys guns, then everybody will be forced to buy more guns than the other guy! It's like an arms race, but with your neighbors.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

Clearly it's suspiciously un-American to fail to buy vast quantities of ammo at every opportunity.

I almost forgot Jeb dropped a nugget last night about using surveillance on any and all 'unamerican activities'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

McDowell posted:

I almost forgot Jeb dropped a nugget last night about using surveillance on any and all 'unamerican activities'

Hell, let's get a House Committee to take a look at these Unamerican Activities.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
In other fiscal news, Oklahoma is completely controlled by the GOP at the state level since 2010.

Oklahoma is #1 in the US in public education cuts since 2010.

Oklahoma is projected to have a $900m deficit in 2016.

Oklahoma recently cut the highest bracket from 5.25% to 5.00%, and no other income brackets. This is after it fell from 6.65% to 5.25% over the 8 previous years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mitt Romney posted:

In other fiscal news, Oklahoma is completely controlled by the GOP at the state level since 2010.

Oklahoma recently cut the highest bracket from 5.25% to 5.00%, and no other income brackets. This is after it fell from 6.65% to 5.25% over the 8 previous years.

My diagnosis: Too Much Government Waste.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mitt Romney posted:

The Laffer Curve cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Sounds like there are a lot of moocher untermenschen who don't have skin in the game, why haven't they raised taxes on the poor yet

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

Any leaded water for them to drink?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/JordynPhelps/status/677219586018820097

oh carly

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

The general they're talking about was "the mad dog" from that lovely Tom Clancy fanfic a month or so back

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

Isn't it a refrain of Democrats that 'deficits don't matter'?

The Oklahoma legislature is running their budget like your typical Okie household.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Mitt Romney posted:

And all of this is still less embarrassing than the fact that our Governor got reprimanded for letting her daughter park her trailer and live on the lawn of the governor's mansion.

Yes that happened.

Oh and she also rolled up to the grand opening of our Great State's first bar + gun range in a literal tank, which was then used to crush a sissy little Toyota Camry or something in celebration.

Mary Fallin is truly Peak Oklahoma.

oh she also does Mathis Brothers commercials

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fiorina must be so mad that her insane lies are scuttling her campaign while Trump's insane lies are going to make him the Republican candidate for President.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
clearly Keane is psychic and saw that the future would be bad for him so he quite before the events which caused him to quit could happen

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gail Wynand posted:

Sounds like there are a lot of moocher untermenschen who don't have skin in the game, why haven't they raised taxes on the poor yet

quote:

A proposed penny sales tax increase for education would push Oklahoma to the top of list of states with the highest combined state and local sales taxes, according to data from a national research group.

It also would elevate Tulsa and Oklahoma City to No. 3 and No. 4, respectively, among major cities with the highest combined sales taxes, trailing only Chicago and Seattle, the Tax Foundation said.

http://newsok.com/article/5457461

Come on, man, it's like you're new to this.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

An Enormous Piece of poo poo named Martin Shkreli posted:

I’m staring at a Picasso in my living room right now that’s no different from the Wu-Tang box except it’s about 20 times more expensive. It is what it is. If you sell me some poo poo, then sell me some poo poo. If you don’t want to sell it to me then don’t sell it to me. You’ve got to research Albanians, it’s the most hot tempered culture there is. I have a crazy temper myself. He’s from the streets. The guy hasn’t been in the hustle in 20 years. He doesn’t want to get me angry and I’m getting angry. Again, what Ghostface said to Bronson was 100 hundred times worse than me and RZA. This is starting to get into some weird Albanian poo poo. There are similarities, very similar. I’m just getting fed up. If he doesn’t think I have the resources to do something, he loving doesn’t know me. If Ghostface can make people disappear, what the gently caress do you think I can do? I’ll loving snap the CD on loving TV and not even listen to it if that’s what he loving wants.

Kill Shkreli for the children, Wu.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Man, talk about giving Albanians a bad name.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

a shameful boehner posted:

Kill Shkreli for the children, Wu.

I mean honestly was Les Terreur really that bad?

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Didn't the Wu-Tang Clan get investigated by the FBI for several felonies including gun running?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Shageletic posted:

http://newsok.com/article/5457461

Come on, man, it's like you're new to this.

Yeah it's 8.517% here in Tulsa right now, some of the suburbs and exurbs crack 10%

And that's not even the half of it, we have absurd fees on everything to do with cars and licensure and alcohol sales and just a ton of other poo poo that makes it even worse for regressive, backdoor taxation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

An Enormous Piece of poo poo named Martin Shkreli posted:

I’ve been behind a lot of deals. I know when I’m being bullshitted. You don’t have to loving fake it. But I still wanted the album. We definitely didn’t have much in common. The guy is loving full of himself, talking about how his poo poo is the best ever, how loving Bobby Digital was the best poo poo ever. I wasn’t feeling him at all. I figured it was another arrogant rapper. How many of them do you need to meet?

I’m trying to get somewhere in this industry. I’m not sure it’s about olive branches or not. I’m a musician. I’ve played guitar and piano since I was a little kid. I might try to do my own poo poo.

He's played guitar and piano since he was a little kid, guys. He might try to do his own poo poo. Look out, Wu!

• Locked thread