Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Do the various skells handle differently in vehicle mode? I bought the Mastema and that thing is just sliding all over. I honestly thought my stick was broken at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mango Polo posted:

Do the various skells handle differently in vehicle mode? I bought the Mastema and that thing is just sliding all over. I honestly thought my stick was broken at first.

Having driven three different mechs so far, I think they all universally loving suck for steering in vehicle mode.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

5er posted:

Having driven three different mechs so far, I think they all universally loving suck for steering in vehicle mode.

The Urban controls like poo poo too, but at least it doesn't go wavering like hell when you try to make the smallest of turns. It's bizarre.

e. This thing cannot do a straight line without careening for two seconds, this is retarded

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 16, 2015

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Pretty much all skells suck at turning. They either have a very slow turn rate or have frictionless turning. And if you hold down on the analog stick, it still accelerates. :laffo:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mango Polo posted:

The Urban controls like poo poo too, but at least it doesn't go wavering like hell when you try to make the smallest of turns. It's bizarre.

e. This thing cannot do a straight line without careening for two seconds, this is retarded

You get used to it eventually. I even liked it after a couple of hours because I could drift into collectables.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You gotta take advantage of the walking mode having a super tight turn radius

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Not sure what to do with Endbringer once it lands and insta-kills me. I don't even have time to ghostwalk.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Zombie Defiler posted:

Nice, does it (telethia online worldboss) ever reflect elements aside from ether/beam?

Crush it with your first attack before it gets the chance to do the same to you!

Yes, it also sometimes reflects electricity and thermal damage. Honestly you should probably just make one for each damage type you have, throw them on your skell then forget about them.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The attribute weapon damage up increases both weapons, right, not just the one it's on? And does it affect only arts that describe their damage formula with "weapon damage", or also ones that change the element to electric or something?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It would be nice if the game have some sense of how much the various attributes and resistances actually do. Like is 100 beam resistance a 50% beam damage reduction or something, and is ground fighting in a skell suit suicide? Likewise how much is the bonus or penalty for elements on weapons, though nothing so far has seemed outright ineffective so I guess it can't be too much.

And on that note what do you even use against what targets? I got from just random conversations that thermal is good against bugs and ether is good against regular critters, and I'm guessing electric is good against mechanical and fish and gravity against flying and big targets, but what about beam?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Do we ever see more of whatever race L is. I just beat the story just casually doing side quests and I always found it odd how he claims to be a Miran native but we never see any others of his race.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

chumbler posted:

It would be nice if the game have some sense of how much the various attributes and resistances actually do. Like is 100 beam resistance a 50% beam damage reduction or something, and is ground fighting in a skell suit suicide? Likewise how much is the bonus or penalty for elements on weapons, though nothing so far has seemed outright ineffective so I guess it can't be too much.

And on that note what do you even use against what targets? I got from just random conversations that thermal is good against bugs and ether is good against regular critters, and I'm guessing electric is good against mechanical and fish and gravity against flying and big targets, but what about beam?

I think Beam is good against robots and Thermal seemed to be effective against Grexes.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, what?! First Powell's wife just suddenly dies without me finding out or seeing anything and now he's a bad guy in this side mission I found by watching a manon jump off a building? Did I miss a chance to save his wife from exhaustion or the exploding cake quest I never got?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

chumbler posted:

100 resistance reduces damage to 1. Unless the swimsuits just interact weirdly with the Vasara and are an outlier.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
"hmm the jellyfish population is multiplying, could you go kill one for me? need a sample"
"that's weird, you killed one and now there are two! could you go kill two for me gotta check this out"
"you killed two and now there are four! what the gently caress! hey man sorry but go kill four i need more data"

Between this and a top engineer being a 13yo girl who makes really dumb mistakes I'm starting to think perhaps the White Whale is not the best of the best

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also between this and the chapter 9 boss it's really clear how bad the targeting system is and how poorly it handles large groups. Sometimes mashing R+A/Y just doesn't do poo poo and it's kinda frustrating

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
That boss was the only time (so far) I threw up my hands and accepted the easymode version.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm already missing hearing Move out, Deploy that Pizza. :negative:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's actually hilarious how if you toggle with Y or A and the game can't find a target it'll perform the usual Y/A function. For an experienced developer like Monolith it's hard to understand how that made it out of Alpha

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Trying to get to level 30 for the better Skells, not sure where the best place to do that is without messing with augments. Also I've been toting around Irina, Gwin, and Doug since I've neglected them quite a bit and they've gotten stronger too, so there's that.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

TurnipFritter posted:

I think Beam is good against robots and Thermal seemed to be effective against Grexes.
Elements
Thermal - wrecks Bugs / Theroids
Beam - wrecks Humanoids / Mechanoids
Electric - wrecks Fish
Gravity - Almost nothing RESISTS gravity. Most poo poo has negative gravity resist. Humanoids have a little resist.
Ether - good vs Bug/Theroid/Piscinoid (humanoid/mechanoid resists it)
Physical - fuckin' garbage probly since everything has physical resist.

I lack data on ultrafauna but I would assume they have super high and balanced resists across the board. Chimeras too.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Anybody crafted the light/med lvl 60 Skells and know what attributes the armor pieces have on them?

The lvl 60 Mastema has Beam/Elec.
The lvl 60 Amdusias has Physical/Thermal.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It's actually hilarious how if you toggle with Y or A and the game can't find a target it'll perform the usual Y/A function. For an experienced developer like Monolith it's hard to understand how that made it out of Alpha

This is the loving worst when you're not yet in combat and you push A and welp

why would you code a targeting system that doesn't interact with the camera

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What pisses me off about the Y/A targeting is how you somehow can always accidentally target some random enemy in the distance but can't target their loving leg or tail or ballsack neck that's three feet away.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Louisgod posted:

What pisses me off about the Y/A targeting is how you somehow can always accidentally target some random enemy in the distance but can't target their loving leg or tail or ballsack neck that's three feet away.

Bad Idea: Press R3 to enter appendage targeting mode, Y/A to cycle through appendages.
Good Idea: Make player hop around the enemy and spin the camera until the appendage soft target reticule appears, but cancel the soft target at random intervals for added challenge.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I really wish this game had more detailed stats like crit chance or whatever, and the ability to press - or something on any equipment or stat menu and be able to move a cursor over a thing and get info on what it does. Especially for weapon skills and the like.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Louisgod posted:

You can't manually target different appendages I don't think, you just have to physically move yourself closer to the thing, which is probably also why skells have a much harder time with it. It's meh

Positive thing: all the Curio collectables are named by BLADEs, and whoever named the Rod of Brutality +10 is a huge nerd lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mango Polo posted:

Bad Idea: Press R3 to enter appendage targeting mode, Y/A to cycle through appendages.
Good Idea: Make player hop around the enemy and spin the camera until the appendage soft target reticule appears, but cancel the soft target at random intervals for added challenge.

I thought R3 just locks on to a target? Cycle through, lock on. If not, I'm an idiot.

Looper posted:

You can't manually target different appendages I don't think, you just have to physically move yourself closer to the thing, which is probably also why skells have a much harder time with it. It's meh

oh so you just indiscriminately move to a ballsack or wing or tail, hack away and see if it flies off?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I thought R3 just locks on to a target? Cycle through, lock on. If not, I'm an idiot.

I'm just making fun of a design decision that is incredibly dumb and should have been mentioned by any and all play testers as "loving dumb fix this".

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I got distracted for a while before chapter 11, so nothing in the dungeon except tyrants would agro and I killed the boss in 2 hits.

Looper posted:

Positive thing: all the Curio collectables are named by BLADEs, and whoever named the Rod of Brutality +10 is a huge nerd lol
It might be what you are getting at but the explanation text tells you who, and the answer might surprise you.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Is there a way to stop Telethia Plume's annoying as poo poo GP drain?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

zedprime posted:

I got distracted for a while before chapter 11, so nothing in the dungeon except tyrants would agro and I killed the boss in 2 hits.

It might be what you are getting at but the explanation text tells you who, and the answer might surprise you.

I know, I just wanna keep it a secret for everyone else :)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I've seen everyone's Xenoblade guy and people really went out of their way to dress them up with zero taste. Like some genius thought yellow pants and a purple top worked.

I swear people have to be colorblind because I've seen so many lovely hair color combos too.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Zombie Defiler posted:

Is there a way to stop Telethia Plume's annoying as poo poo GP drain?

Be lucky enough to break one of its body parts, stagger it, or topple it, while said move it being cast. That's it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is there a way to stop telethia plume's HP from regenerating? I Solo'd it and depleted the HP 9 or 10 times.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is there a way to stop telethia plume's HP from regenerating? I Solo'd it and depleted the HP 9 or 10 times.

That isn't regen, you're knocking bars off that big counter number up top.
So far as I can tell anyway.

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 17, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My Xenoblade guy looks like he's a Ganglion, because I wanted a blueish skin color and had no idea there would be an alien race that looked like that.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

If anyone is interested in Level 50 Light body parts for skells , an island to the east of Sylvalum has Qmoevas on it that drop some spiffy parts. I got a leg piece there that has Evasion Boost XII and Evasion Up XII, and the ground forces on it have a chance of dropping weapon blueprints if your interested in those.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

yep. it applies to all of your damage of that element, regardless of which weapon the augment is on.

Is that also the case with other slots?

Like if I put mechslayer in one weapon, it doesn't count for just that weapon but any damage you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is that also the case with other slots?

Like if I put mechslayer in one weapon, it doesn't count for just that weapon but any damage you do?

they stack between all things, only some very specific augments work only for one thing and the usually say something.

Mechslayer on your sword will make your laser do more damage to mechs.

• Locked thread