Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that headbutt comes out loving fast haha. thats prob what gave me the most trouble with this boss on a normal run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

that happens a bunch with certain enemies' attacks to the point where im not convinced its a bug

Yeah and it's just about the only time I'll go for a visceral with low skill. Otherwise I just do charged R2 -> L1 after parrying now.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I finally finished my plat. Honestly after how long the defiled chalice took me queen yarnham felt like a joke & went down my first attempt. Headless BLB was pretty cool though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Game is so good. loving love bloodborne

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Fighting the big dudes in Cathedral Ward is really fun. Feels super cool to stun them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ludwig is maki ng me rage!!#!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wrll not really. His oki game is too ob point tho. Yeah, just ablittle black ppl and jap ppl fighting game terminology in there for ya

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The last boss also has an irritatingly o point oki. Hey. The okii is too good.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I backstabbed orphan 7-8 times with the auger

Soral
May 30, 2009

i've been having problems getting co-op sessions today

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Alright i got him 2 phase 2 like 10 times in a row but.cant seem to land a hot on the ultimate horse sir

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ludwogs theme should the vasalines song the day i became a horse. Sorry if that ref is to hipster for ya...deal with ot lol!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Alright i got him 2 phase 2 like 10 times in a row but.cant seem to land a hot on the ultimate horse sir

yeah, i had the same experience. keep at it though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
everything about ludwig being half proper hunter swordsman and half bloodmad horse demon is loving amazing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The beast part makes him go crazy but then the kin Eyes In His Head from being a high rankong church boy that allow him to See make him say no sir i dont like it like the kirk douglas horse from ren and stimpy and he turns into the ultimate gentlehorse

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The beast part makes him go crazy but then the kin Eyes In His Head from being a high rankong church boy that allow him to See make him say no sir i dont like it like the kirk douglas horse from ren and stimpy and he turns into the ultimate gentlehorse

that's some win

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ludwig is maki ng me rage!!#!

This, but Father Gasgoine /noobeh rant

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Good times to whack him are after he finishes slamming his sword down 2 or 3 times in a row and after he raises his sword in the air and makes it explode. Make sure that you're behind him though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last boss also has an irritatingly o point oki. Hey. The okii is too good.

Orphan or the non DLC final boss

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This, but Father Gasgoine /noobeh rant

He gave me serious problems my first time playing as well.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
The L2 on the Moonlight is freaking insane.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

AHungryRobot posted:

The L2 on the Moonlight is freaking insane.

do the transform attack (moonlight greatsword to claymore)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took down regular watchdog quickly this time. his bite hitboxes are still really weird, but i was mostly just able to heal through my gently caress-ups, and he doesn't really have that much health.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Orphan or the non DLC final boss

The final boss of the game, afyer which i gey emding credots. Well, i guess he may not be the final boss if i do the other stuff

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Good times to whack him are after he finishes slamming his sword down 2 or 3 times in a row and after he raises his sword in the air and makes it explode. Make sure that you're behind him though.

I get hit by a swipe from a mile off then im on stunl9ck jigoku and im dead by the 3rd hit..fuuuu

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there a really active spot for co-op still in the base game? i'd like to try out the confederate covenant.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Idk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I get hit by a swipe from a mile off then im on stunl9ck jigoku and im dead by the 3rd hit..fuuuu

his diagonal slices usually come from his right side, so try and be behind him or on his left when he's doing the combo. I got caught by that swipe over and over before I realized why I was getting hit, and there's usually a second one right after it so if you're on his right side you need to dodge twice. I also think if he hits you with his overhead swings he'll immediately combo into another hit and murder you.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

is there a really active spot for co-op still in the base game? i'd like to try out the confederate covenant.

I helped out people at the Shadows of Yharnam for a while, since that's as soon as I got in on this playthrough. But I assume you are looking for higher level stuff or something. I also helped people at Ludwig for a while.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I loving love that move too. Probably the best transformation move in the game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hit keeper of the old gods so hard that he flew through the level geometry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYtfgaHGchA

what i didn't show was me getting murdered twice in a row while i remembered his moves, lol

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i got a bunch of hits at logarius when i was maxing out the covenant

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

L2 and transform attack on HMS are so perfect, they're the best reasons to use the weapon.

I need to get some good nourishing gems on my HMS guy so it can really shine

Soral
May 30, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

logarius is definitely a hot spot... i did it earlier today and found 2 people within 20 seconds of ringing my bell

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
i just beat the god drat poo poo out of the cleric beast on only my 4th or 8th try or maybe a lot more or whatever thats not important. what is important is that the rest of this game is gonna be a cinch i bet. Hell yeah

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

small hendren posted:

i just beat the god drat poo poo out of the cleric beast on only my 4th or 8th try or maybe a lot more or whatever thats not important. what is important is that the rest of this game is gonna be a cinch i bet. Hell yeah

Definitely my man. It's all downhill from there.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's weird that they put the ornstein and smough moment ~45 minutes into the game, but there you have it. from software has literally gone insane.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

it's weird that they put the ornstein and smough moment ~45 minutes into the game, but there you have it. from software has literally gone insane.

which boss you referring to?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

which boss you referring to?

Cleric Beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't remember him being that hard. Gascoigne pwned my poo poo though for a little while