Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The habit of settlers to all spawn in a clump after fast traveling might have something do do with resource count weirdness.

Social hour is over get back to work dammit. :argh:

Edit: much better

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
HOLY CRAP!

I just learned you can turn generators on and off and every time you do they make a slightly different sound so you can make them quiet by finding a better quieter sound!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

This is me terrorizing poor old Diamond City with my double MIRV fat man. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9t-Yrf-d0

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

For anyone feeling homesick for the Sierra Madre, I found some gold bars in Sanctuary. :wtc:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kimmalah posted:

For anyone feeling homesick for the Sierra Madre, I found some gold bars in Sanctuary. :wtc:

There's a bank somewhere that has a few of them too.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Well this sucks, I took my power armour off to do the Silver Shroud questline in the room you start it in and now the door to the room is closed and [INACCESSIBLE]. Is there a noclip console command or something I can use to get it back or do I have to upgrade a new suit from scratch?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Kimmalah posted:

That's referring to stuff in your workbench used for crafting like purified water and harvested crops, not the "Food" and "Water" stats for each of your settlements (which is what I assumed you were talking about). So if you have a bunch of corn in your workbench it will show up at another linked settlement for you to craft with, but that other settlement will still have 0 Food if you don't plant anything there.

No, nothing you put in a workbench will actually show up in another settlements workbench even if you have local leader. When you go to craft, it will draw from every item stored in every workbench connected by a trade route, but it will not show the item and won't let you pull it out. Trade routes do share the food and water stats, it's not reflected by the actual numbers but if you have a settlement with 15 excess water and a linked settlement with 15 settlers and no water then the stat will say 0 water but will be yellow instead of red and no one will complain about not having any.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Also this: double kill with one sniper headshot critical, and a bunch more glorious kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGfeOx4ohRo

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Wafflecopper posted:

Well this sucks, I took my power armour off to do the Silver Shroud questline in the room you start it in and now the door to the room is closed and [INACCESSIBLE]. Is there a noclip console command or something I can use to get it back or do I have to upgrade a new suit from scratch?

Just finish the quest, you'll be able to get back in. You might need to do a certain optional objective that will be really obvious.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

I thought the gold hoard in the homemade bomb shelter was a pretty funny jab at goldbug preppers.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
For the settlement size thing, yeah you can do the workshop placing/dropping/storing thing OR you can just dump a load of lovely pipe pistols or whatever on the ground and scrap them and your size meter will just skip happily to the left.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Shannow posted:

For the settlement size thing, yeah you can do the workshop placing/dropping/storing thing OR you can just dump a load of lovely pipe pistols or whatever on the ground and scrap them and your size meter will just skip happily to the left.

Is THAT what that stupid size bar means? It's basically a soft memory limit, and you just manipulate it by dropped and picking up a bunch of items?

Huh. I haven't quite got to the point where I'd need to do that with any of my settlements, but I've been wanting to beef up the castle more...I'll keep that in mind.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Zeron posted:

No, nothing you put in a workbench will actually show up in another settlements workbench even if you have local leader. When you go to craft, it will draw from every item stored in every workbench connected by a trade route, but it will not show the item and won't let you pull it out. Trade routes do share the food and water stats, it's not reflected by the actual numbers but if you have a settlement with 15 excess water and a linked settlement with 15 settlers and no water then the stat will say 0 water but will be yellow instead of red and no one will complain about not having any.

I just meant you can craft with it, not necessarily that it will literally be in the bench when you look. Unless you're trying to transfer an item into your personal inventory it doesn't really matter. The other thing I didn't know and seems like it really ought to be fixed.

Of course after the first few settlements I just kind of gave up worrying about building settlements, made Sanctuary my home base and left the rest to the wasteland.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Just bought Home Plate in Diamond City and man was that a disappointment. 2000 caps down the drain for a house with no crafting abilities and a massive loading time if I ever step outside. Feels like a pointless leftover from FO3 / New Vegas when I can just pick a settlement to build my Palace of Junk for the cost of building materials (i.e. free). Why even make the decision to limit crafting tables?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Finally found a use for the ripper - the second you see a ghoul, hold it out in front of you and they'll run right into it. If they don't die instantly you'll take off several limbs in the process. Ghouls can't even touch me now.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Kimmalah posted:

Ugh. Can't forget that lovely DLC fast enough...

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Omi no Kami posted:

So that's pretty funny.

I main Curie, and I solved most of my Piper-esque problems by doing the quest that gets her a synth body. As a result she's bugged out, and will not draw her freakin' laser rifle under any circumstances. It fixes my line of sight issues, since she's always in the thick of things laying into behemoths with her bare hands, but more than once it's also led to my seeing a vague raider silhouette in the distance, pinging it with my murderous rifle of killing everything in one shot, and realizing it was her.

For me she will sometimes use her laser rifle but she runs around picking any other weapon when available. When I clear her inventory she will often have multiple assault rifles, pipe rifles, boards and pistols.

I love Curie

"my head is all spin spin spin"

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
This thread is loving huge so I don't know if it's been mentioned: Settlement machine gun turrets actually have levels of sorts.

When you try building one, turn it and zoom in on it, it'll have it's MK number painted on the side. It defaults to 1, but if you cancel the build, then reselect it, the number may go up. The higher the MK, the more powerful the turret will be but it costs the same as building a normal turret. Supposedly the location of the settlement determines how high the number goes, the highest I've seen being 7 on Spectacle Island. At MK. 7, the turret is equipped with incendiary explosive rounds and is pretty great.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Roberto_Silencio posted:

the turret is equipped with incendiary explosive rounds and is pretty great.

When they are hostile I can't see a thing because of all the tiny explosions plinking on my power armour.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Zephyrine posted:

For me she will sometimes use her laser rifle but she runs around picking any other weapon when available. When I clear her inventory she will often have multiple assault rifles, pipe rifles, boards and pistols.

I love Curie

"my head is all spin spin spin"

Yeah, Curie is a loving kleptomaniac for some reason. I nearly died once because she decided to steal and use a flamethower while I was meleeing down a few raiders.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Roberto_Silencio posted:

This thread is loving huge so I don't know if it's been mentioned: Settlement machine gun turrets actually have levels of sorts.

When you try building one, turn it and zoom in on it, it'll have it's MK number painted on the side. It defaults to 1, but if you cancel the build, then reselect it, the number may go up. The higher the MK, the more powerful the turret will be but it costs the same as building a normal turret. Supposedly the location of the settlement determines how high the number goes, the highest I've seen being 7 on Spectacle Island. At MK. 7, the turret is equipped with incendiary explosive rounds and is pretty great.

Why is this randomized, holy poo poo Bethsoft... :psyduck:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sounds like a scrapped/unfinished feature that got left in by mistake.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
they're leveled like literally any other npc, its so they're always able to hurt invaders.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Motherfucker posted:

they're leveled like literally any other npc, its so they're always able to hurt invaders.

Hahaha you say that like it's such a definitive defense of Bethesda. Shouldn't player input have something to do with it rather than making it completely obtuse?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

popewiles posted:

Hahaha you say that like it's such a definitive defense of Bethesda. Shouldn't player input have something to do with it rather than making it completely obtuse?

input this post back up your anus where it belongs.

The turrets change their 'mark' when you're not there anyway, loving around with it doesn't even help.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

input this post back up your anus where it belongs.

Sensitive?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Motherfucker posted:

The turrets change their 'mark' when you're not there anyway, loving around with it doesn't even help.

You have to admit that mechanic is retarded though. You should be able to build higher level turrets at a certain player level or gated behind a high ranking perk. They can even cost an arm and a leg (admittedly, those come cheap in the Wasteland). If I want to create a killing box that minces super mutant overlords in under a second, I drat well should be able to.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

popewiles posted:

Sensitive?

Or suggestive :heysexy:

mackintosh posted:

You have to admit that mechanic is retarded though. You should be able to build higher level turrets at a certain player level or gated behind a high ranking perk. They can even cost an arm and a leg (admittedly, those come cheap in the Wasteland). If I want to create a killing box that minces super mutant overlords in under a second, I drat well should be able to.

poo poo dude I'm just stating the facts, just because that other tard said thats what I meant dosn't mean that's what I meant.

I'd argue we should start out with those crappy shopping trolley turrets and work our way up to quad barrel anti-aircraft cannons.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

Or suggestive :heysexy:

Well now we're talkin'.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Motherfucker posted:

I'd argue we should start out with those crappy shopping trolley turrets and work our way up to quad barrel anti-aircraft cannons.

Agreed.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Found the time to update Full Dialogue Interface now that finals are over. The new version, Beta8, is a substantial update that not only brings the files up to standard with FO4 v1.2 but also adds a number of new features. To copy shamelessly from the changelog:

* Rebuilt .strings files for all languages from the ground up to update them to the newest 1.2 ESM.
* Integrated "No Brackets" and "Brackets/Numbers but No Shadow" interface layouts for all non-English versions.
* Re-expanded dialogue options that had to be truncated in previous versions. This change applies to all languages.
* Added substantially more tonal notes for when the player is lying or bluffing. This change applies to all languages.
* Added tonal notes for attacking the person you're talking to and for when the player pays a fee. The former has been extensively vetted to prevent confusion. These changes apply to all languages.
* Added tonal notes to help clarify when the player is giving or showing something to their conversation partner, such as showing Knight Rylan's holotags or delivering Virgil's letter. This change applies to all languages. Previously, the dialogue option would read something like "I found this" without actually saying what you're showing.
* Added tonal notes for speaking as the Silver Shroud during the quest of the same name. This change applies to all languages.
* Rounded up the rest of the still-paraphrased lines in non-English versions. Coupled with Beta 7's similar fixes for the English version, this means that as many lines as possible have been expanded across all languages.
* Corrected some minor typographical errors present in the vanilla .strings files (mostly missing periods at the end of sentences). English version only.
* Significantly lowered the size of the NMM installer, thanks to the work of ZeroByDivide.
* Updated the documentation for the Polish version. The Chinese documentation still needs updating, mind.
* Caught a few extra instances of the player bribing someone without the dialogue option specifying how much you were paying. This change applies to all languages.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I just realized, the Memory Den could be a super convenient way to give us some Great War or some other kind of pre-nuke DLC.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

double nine posted:

What is a good weapon to give to companions that they are effective at and won't eat through the entire ammo supply in less than 20 minutes? Seriously Cait, I gave you 100 rounds not two second ago?!

I just give them tricked out meow weapons and a power armor frame

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Friar Zucchini posted:

I just realized, the Memory Den could be a super convenient way to give us some Great War or some other kind of pre-nuke DLC.

I fear you may be right, I had a similar thought when I first saw it.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I think that settlement defences should be gimmicks based on gated perks - so if you're a great doctor you can build syringer turrets, or railway rifles if you're in the railway, bigger institute laser cannons manned by synths, broadside cannons and so on. And traps should be better because at the moment they're a joke in terms of defence.

Also, the spawn zones for attacks should be marked like every turret defence game ever.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

xutech posted:

Also, the spawn zones for attacks should be marked like every turret defence game ever.

Enemies should always spawn outside of the workshop perimeter. I had a bunch of super mutants spawn inside my settlement and the rocket turrets obliterated everything.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

mackintosh posted:

Enemies should always spawn outside of the workshop perimeter. I had a bunch of super mutants spawn inside my settlement and the rocket turrets obliterated everything.

Yeah, you shouldn't have to favour large weapons over accurate ones, there should be laser / plasma weapons that are alternatives to missile launchers.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Stringbean posted:

So I had some spare power armor hanging around my settlement. Said settlement got attacked and now I have two settlers in power armor walking about. Do they get out on their own? Or is there something I gotta do?

Start a conversation with them. There should be a 'Get out of the Power Armor' option.

Wafflecopper posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

Yes. But you won't need to. Just commit fully to the character and finish the quest.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

mackintosh posted:

this is actually the ideal option
luckily the castle/fort/fort minutemen's spawn point is always outside so the only thing i have to worry about is an enemy getting close enough to me to get me disintegrated by my own hail of rocket fire
missile turrets should have an option to add the homing component to them that also wildly reduces the initial firing accuracy so you could get some real macross missiles goin' on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I am now convinced that the Railroad is trying to kill me. They sent me to clear out Quincy of hostiles :v:

Thankfully a vertibird and two brotherhood paladins (one of them legendary) came to my aid and we managed to clear it out.

• Locked thread