Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just found the Supreme Bunny Ears. They're in a really cheeky spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been having a lot of fun running straight up cliffs and getting into skell-only areas without my skell licence. I have all but two probe points in Primordia. One I can get to but requires a lvl5 probe (it wont even let me level up to 5) and the other is just impossible to get to without a skell. Oh well.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
uuuhhhhhh okaaaaaay i just encountered Pharsis, the everqueen and got annihilated by her opening roar. Similar to Go-rah's whatever the hell opener that instakills me every time.

Clearly I need a bigger gun so I can just shoot it once to win.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wow this final boss is horribly designed. Like actually loving terrible

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

Mango Polo posted:

The Urban controls like poo poo too, but at least it doesn't go wavering like hell when you try to make the smallest of turns. It's bizarre.

e. This thing cannot do a straight line without careening for two seconds, this is retarded

While I was drifting around in the lake in Oblivia for materials I discovered the best way to handle sharp turns is to look in the direction you want to go, click into Mech mode, immediately click back to vehicle mode. also unlike Mech mode you can pretty much bail out of vehicle mode at any speed and it will instantly stop.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where is the affinity mission for Arms and the Man?

jap guide says it's in the admin district, prima guide doesn't give the location you pick it up, but says you can do it after chapter 6, and I have Yelv to 3 hearts. Where the gently caress argh :mad:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
That's the one with Yelv, right? It's right in front of Mission Control.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

That's the one with Yelv, right? It's right in front of Mission Control.

I thought that was something else, argh. Thanks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm at the actual final boss now I assume, I have 1 Skell and everyone is on foot at level 52 and I've used the mercy lower difficulty and he's pretty much one shotting everyone despite having the best gear I could get from the shop and I can't leave for obvious reasons.

Is there anything I can do or should I just look up the ending because I can't believe how awful this is. It's not fun anymore and it's just frustrating.

Luxaar was obnoxious enough spawning a million different things I really, really don't see why they felt compelled to throw a pack of monsters at me just for the sole purpose of trashing my NPC skells followed by a boss that does the most absurd damage I could imagine

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I'm at the actual final boss now I assume, I have 1 Skell and everyone is on foot at level 52 and I've used the mercy lower difficulty and he's pretty much one shotting everyone despite having the best gear I could get from the shop and I can't leave for obvious reasons.

Is there anything I can do or should I just look up the ending because I can't believe how awful this is. It's not fun anymore and it's just frustrating.

Luxaar was obnoxious enough spawning a million different things I really, really don't see why they felt compelled to throw a pack of monsters at me just for the sole purpose of trashing my NPC skells followed by a boss that does the most absurd damage I could imagine

The final-final bossfight blows all your skells up anyway to force a ground fight so...

Man i dunno, that whole thing was a blur of me slaughtering things while resisting the temptation to annihilate everything with my superweapon that was taking up four slots on my skell.
I mostly auto-attacked to victory for the skell segments.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I feel incredibly justified reading all the final chapter issues. Because I ended up making a blast flail before and everything ended in one shot.

Although getting your skells trashed by the chimera pack sounds strange now that I've been through it myself. My AI guys in level 30 skells were cleaning up while I was lining up the shot, but it seems like a common complaint and an incredibly singular situation because you can't repair skells at that point as far as I've heard.

e.

Zombie Defiler posted:

The final-final bossfight blows all your skells up anyway to force a ground fight so...
Haha, apparently not if you get a superweapon off first.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 17, 2015

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

zedprime posted:

I feel incredibly justified reading all the final chapter issues. Because I ended up making a blast flail before and everything ended in one shot.

Although getting your skells trashed by the chimera pack sounds strange now that I've been through it myself. My AI guys in level 30 skells were cleaning up while I was lining up the shot, but it seems like a common complaint and an incredibly singular situation because you can't repair skells at that point as far as I've heard.

e.
Haha, apparently not if you get a superweapon off first.

Yeah I decided not to use my superweapon, It sat there unused like some nuclear deterrent spaceship backpack(Mainly because of YOU and your bomb flail actually, I wanted to see what the fight actually felt like).
I let my lv.50 skelleton crew mop up while i pew pew'd my lovely little laser rifle.

Final-final boss wasn't bad though, I think it's designed with a ground fight in mind since it wasn't doing "skell levels" of damage.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Which is the better Superweapon to find/use? Because I'm eyeing up a nice Detonation F and they all require me to blow my tickets buying up rare stuff/finding out what drops Glyphs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Boy, the further I get into the story the angrier I get at the writing. Talk about cliches, gently caress.

E: This latest villain is ludicrously overdesigned, holey moley

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 17, 2015

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Which is the better Superweapon to find/use? Because I'm eyeing up a nice Detonation F and they all require me to blow my tickets buying up rare stuff/finding out what drops Glyphs.

Postgame or still in the story?

I would never build one of the level 30 ones they hand off to you in the postgame, since you can find level 50 plans in wreckage while still doing the story.
I found three (if you click the [ ? ] icon to see my posts for the thread I already detailed their parts required and where to find the plans)

I made the Dragoon and it was/is pretty boss, it fires into the sky (takes time to set up and you're stuck standing around) and then shoots a beam down that hits 3x in a large area around your target for ridiculous beam damage.

Dragoon pictured here.

Fire sniper/Trident thing I think only hit one target, but are thermal/electric respectively.

Glyphs/Boss drops come from Barracks Time trials for old bosses and such, I just blew tickets on those and collected the easy bits myself.

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 17, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
My level 50 skell was as Amdusias so the armor basically begged for the thermal attributed D Flail. It hits like a truck (also point blank AOE because why not) and leaves a blaze that seems to do 3 or 4 ticks of 50% of the initial hit, which is maybe slower than someone would like once you get augmented up for killing the really big stuff. It also only uses the back slots so I still have an intergalactic flame tackle I picked up grinding robots and the stock Amdusias beam scythe.

The Dragoon Lance Zombie Defiler likes has the exact same material requirements, and I haven't checked some of the other recipe lists but these materials definitely seemed like not out of the reach of anyone in their 50s: Tempus Glyphs and Laser Light from the time trial against Ga Jiarg's mech, Octopus Boards from Xe-Doms, Quality Cranks from Qmoevas. I used my tickets for the Octopus Boards because I couldn't quickly alpha assault a Xe-Dom yet and endless overdriving them was very touchy because a missed Ghostwalker during a super attack was a very big deal. I used endless overdrive to grind Ga Jiarg and Phoenix ground Qmoevas.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm talking about the 50 ones you find hidden away in dastardly locations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hearing about super weapons and best I have is just the junk from the store and whatever came with my skells. If I knew how to get that flail or whatever though I wouldn't hesitate to spam it at this point.

Also how do you get mechanical level 5 anyway?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hearing about super weapons and best I have is just the junk from the store and whatever came with my skells. If I knew how to get that flail or whatever though I wouldn't hesitate to spam it at this point.

The "Off the Record" quests at the mission boards will boost your skills to lvl 5.

EDIT: Level 5, not level 50 whoops.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 17, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

you have to do a dumb riddle quest. watch this video if you don't want to wander around the world with only a vague idea of what you should be looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_khaqBR5ZqM

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
So many loving cutscenes in Chapter 12.

The directing and sound mixing of the cutscenes are so poor too :(.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm proud of myself for figuring out two out of three riddles for the Mechanical quest (had to look up the Galdr, would never have found it on my own) and all three Archeological ones. Still about 15 thousand points away from BLADE 10 and the ability to take Biological 5, but will also try to do it on my own first. Then comes the time to scour the world for super weapons. I already found one or two just around.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Finally got an Inferno frame. I'm not sure what to do now, but I suppose Affinity Missions isn't a bad way to go now that my level is much higher.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Was going trash some Prone with my Skell when someone came over to knock me down a peg :gibs:. He's going right on my high-level revenge list, that's for sure...

Anyone else park their Skells when in the city instead of just ditching them in the middle of the road?

Like a glove :smuggo:.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I heard that level 65 guy doesn't attack if you're on foot :downs:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm proud of myself for figuring out two out of three riddles for the Mechanical quest (had to look up the Galdr, would never have found it on my own) and all three Archeological ones. Still about 15 thousand points away from BLADE 10 and the ability to take Biological 5, but will also try to do it on my own first. Then comes the time to scour the world for super weapons. I already found one or two just around.

I need to save up to get a second 50 skell so I can finish arch 5.

Is there a list somewhere where all the level 5 things are? Usually they seem to be by FNs or in obtuse locations like on high floating platforms, but not always.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Chapter 12 was loving stupid and I hated it.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I just said gently caress it and finish the main story too after hearing about how easy Affinity is to get since that's what I was focusing on before the endgame. Story is cool as poo poo, but that final chapter sucks in terms of the scenario and fights.

I also found an optimal probe guide. No spoilers.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72977406/839460685

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Just realized that Lin wears a Monado hair clip

This game owns bones

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Not a Children posted:

This game owns bones

A fair number of the suits in the game also have a Monado design around the left part of the collar.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This game is a prequel where advanced Skell technology results in Skells piloting Skells piloting Skells and so on until eventually they become the Bionis and Mechonis.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Found a squad task guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72997529
Has been pretty helpful in farming tickets up.

Also Here's a little guide to the Ares .90 requirements
100,000 Miranium (Hard part is getting the storage capacity)
Golden Yggralith Heart x 2 (1272 tx) (Maximum Bullshit++++++just buy them gently caress) (World boss) [Potentially easy-ish if its a drop from the online version? But you'd have to wait it out.]
Silver Vita Core x 4 (840 tx) (Bullshit++) (Time attack: dark matter phantom)
Crude Neilnail Mask x 12 (2520 tx) (Bullshit+++) (Time attack: twin dolls of mystery)
Seidr Control Device x 8 (1104 tx) (Easy) (Seidrs in Cauldros airspace/Any)
Advanced Core x 12 (1656 tx) (Medium) (Xe-doms in Sylvalum/Any)
Advanced Lens x 16 (1568 tx) (Easy) (Seidrs in Cauldros airspace/Any)
Cimmerian Cinnabar x 2 (mining)

Total Reward Tickets: 8960 (4632 if you just buy the bullshit difficulty ones)

Not a Children posted:

This game owns bones

Agreed. This is my GOTY.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo anyone happen to know a good spot for Galdr's? I need a ton of all-purpose plugs to try and make at least one of these superweapons legit without having to buy a ton of stuff with reward tickets. I have everything else covered (only other really annoying thing is Damask Metal anyways) but I need like 24 all-purpose plugs and I currently have like 8 so a good grind spot would be nice. Otherwise I'll probably just randomly fly around Cauldros looking for trouble (though it seems like it's nearly always Seidr's or Qmoeva's over there...)

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I just can't wrap my head around Overdrive. I've got better gear than the video and I'm copying his every move, skill and art but I still can't keep my Overdrive going.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo anyone happen to know a good spot for Galdr's? I need a ton of all-purpose plugs to try and make at least one of these superweapons legit without having to buy a ton of stuff with reward tickets. I have everything else covered (only other really annoying thing is Damask Metal anyways) but I need like 24 all-purpose plugs and I currently have like 8 so a good grind spot would be nice. Otherwise I'll probably just randomly fly around Cauldros looking for trouble (though it seems like it's nearly always Seidr's or Qmoeva's over there...)

I recall there being a pile of them in Sylvalum, parked next to the Hexes west of 416 on the jutting stone ridges near the basecamp.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Not a Children posted:

This game owns bones

There is also literally a collectable that references the bionis and the mechonis as something old and primitive statue and no one knows anything about it.

Prone also have had tales of telethia for at least 10k of their years (which may or may not be longer or shorter, given that they say 10k suns which could mean 10k literal sun lifetimes, or years)

They say it's not a sequel, but it sure feels like it's in the exact same universe and places it in the far flung future.

There's also a quest that implies a nopon might have met someone who gave them mira itself? maybe I'm reading that wrong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There is also literally a collectable that references the bionis and the mechonis as something old and primitive statue and no one knows anything about it.

Prone also have had tales of telethia for at least 10k of their years (which may or may not be longer or shorter, given that they say 10k suns which could mean 10k literal sun lifetimes, or years)

They say it's not a sequel, but it sure feels like it's in the exact same universe and places it in the far flung future.

It's sort of hard for it to be considering the status of Earth in both games.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It's sort of hard for it to be considering the status of Earth in both games.

If that's unclear: eternal reoccurance.

It's actually a great excuse for taka, he can deny it's not all the same universe because it technically isn't, but things stick around because his actions have no effect on u-do.

I just want Xenosaga 4 :(

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 17, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There's also a quest that implies a nopon might have met someone who gave them mira itself? maybe I'm reading that wrong.

I don't remember who it was, but some nopon did mention a legendary frontier village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Regarding "Global Nemesis" enemies, my "Current Appraisal" is at 667, the highest appraisal tier I see is 80, will my rewards cap out at the 80 tier?

As far as Mira theory poo poo goes I'm gonna take a guess that the planet is more than it appears and maybe it/something just draws poor suckers to it (and keeps them) for some greater/terrible purpose. The Professor B questline gets into this a bit.

• Locked thread