Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

BJPaskoff posted:

"There was a foreskin here. It's gone now." I'm in a room full of people and there's no way I can explain what I'm laughing at.

I also might follow this VoidBurger dude on Twitter.

Beaten on the "VoidBurger's a chick" front, but if you haven't seen her Silent Hill LPs, they're pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Vulpes posted:

Is Laughing Colors the new Funny man with jokes and laughing?

No, Laughing Colours is presented entirely without irony, although I could see how its tenuous command of English and overreliance on clipart might make you think otherwise.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

goose fleet posted:

can't afford another women

Wait, did we go back to being able to buy multiple wives

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Pastry of the Year posted:

PSYCHO MANTIS: I see you haven't experienced LAUGHING COLOURS—

i really love how incomprehensible laughing colours and its userbase are

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sorry you should of chosen french colonists. The british were puritans and fleeing religious persecution.

snergle has a new favorite as of 04:52 on Dec 17, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

you will never know peace from video games as long as i still live

https://imgur.com/a/dSx5D

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
You would think that they'd limit a game to being crowned "best ever" only once

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

goose fleet posted:

You would think that they'd limit a game to being crowned "best ever" only once

You'd think they would only need to run the contest once, too.

And that it would've been done by now, given how few modern games are in there.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
drat kids with their OoT. LttP was way better.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Cleretic posted:

it's less "best game ever vote" and more "masturbatory circlejerk about how much better things from the PSX/N64 era are than games these days :bahgawd:"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Take your time with this one

Thaaaaat's the stuff.

If it weren't for the Gamefaqs background it'd be indistinguishable from a Lottery of Babylon post.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i really love how incomprehensible laughing colours and its userbase are

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at here

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

snergle posted:

Sorry you should of chosen french colonists. The british were puritans and fleeing religious persecution.
Eh it's not really religious persecution if your entire religious code is "Hate people who are happy." The Puritans were joyless, intolerant dicks that went around England smashing organs because they hated music--music!--and in the colonies, they were all too happy edit: did I say happy? No, they were not happy. They were perfectly somber and morose and murderous when they executed Quakers and other undesirables. They were assholes who deserved to be treated as such.

Also there were a lot of other British colonists besides the Puritans. They were never very big outside of the Northeast (because they were dicks).

AtraMorS has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Dec 17, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

It's just pretty absurd because everyone knows what the game of the year is: :buddy: NEKO ATSUME

:smith: Oh, no.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at here

In places like India, companies sell skin-whitening lotions. If you have lighter skin, it means you don't work in the sun and are thus higher class.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I have a headache now

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Who What Now posted:

Who wants some Pure Platinum grade insanity?

If you click one link in the IOSM thread this year... make it this one.

I'm crying. I am in tears. This is the funniest thing I've read in years. Plenty of people don't like circumcision but then he brings in Satan and the Illuminati and we're off to the races.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Cleretic posted:

Theoretically, every year a new game has a chance of dethroning the previous best game ever, and a legitimate tournament would be of only a new year's games, the final round being the winner of the new year vs. the reigning champion. However, telling people "you have to come out and support your childhood" gets immeasurably more clicks and is good revenue for the site. Honestly, if SA had a forum poll contest where we decided if Undertale (and therefore the SJW agenda, apparently) is better than FFVII or OoT, and we got the word out far enough that it would be good to "troll SJWs" by voting against Undertale no matter the cost, we would probably have enough money from memberships to keep this forum going forever (assuming they wouldn't ALL be script kiddies with stolen credit cards who don't care about their account getting banned after the charge is denied). We could just make it "watch an ad to make a vote" instead and the money would be practically guaranteed.

Scathach posted:

In places like India, companies sell skin-whitening lotions. If you have lighter skin, it means you don't work in the sun and are thus higher class.

I think, also, the joke might be that White Obama has Hitler hair, because Obama is a fascist Nazi or whatever? I have seen enough Hitler hair-and-mustaches photoshopped onto the man to feel reasonably certain of this assumption.

Soviet Commubot posted:

I have a headache now

I feel like for reasons of username alone, I belong with these people.

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Dec 17, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

RareAcumen posted:

you will never know peace from video games as long as i still live

Nooo don't go Nintendo sixty-four dude, please don't leave. I'm sure that the fact that you haven't moved on in your life since you were a literal child creates such a huge impact on the internet community!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Who What Now posted:

This might be the best thing I've ever read. Every time you think it's reached peak insanity, it gets even better, over and over

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I'm against circumcision myself but i never knew how to stand up for my beliefs. I guess the silent hill wiki was the place and now it's too late. so long foreskin.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

all horror video games are about circumcision including Undertale

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The guy in the Silent Hill wiki is like Conservative on Conservapedia. Constantly posting and updating and editing for up to 24 hours straight.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

twistedmentat posted:

The guy in the Silent Hill wiki is like Conservative on Conservapedia. Constantly posting and updating and editing for up to 24 hours straight.

I have used the Silent Hill wiki before to remind myself of information between episodes of a Voidburger LP, and it is sad and strange (but not surprising once thought about) that the people who have memorized every detail about a series of games might also have other interests that they are a little too obsessive with.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pyramid Head is the ultimate mohel.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

snergle posted:

Late, but the French immigrants included refugees too (Huguenots). And there were a bunch of religious refugees of all types pre-war in Pennsylvania, the promised land where William Penn said "Maybe don't kill anyone over their religion."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I have used the Silent Hill wiki before to remind myself of information between episodes of a Voidburger LP, and it is sad and strange (but not surprising once thought about) that the people who have memorized every detail about a series of games might also have other interests that they are a little too obsessive with.

It's a sign of how amazingly easy and problem-free my life is that when I'm playing a game and I want to find out something about the setting, I actually get annoyed if it turns out that there isn't some absurdly detailed wiki devoted to that one specific video game. Come on internet weirdos, why aren't you catering to my every whim at all times?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

When I was an innocent babyfaced idiot, I thought wikis were made by many people collaborating things about the games they like together with many other people.

The thought that it's just four really insanely obsessed people doing all the work never crossed my mind.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AtraMorS posted:

Eh it's not really religious persecution if your entire religious code is "Hate people who are happy." The Puritans were joyless, intolerant dicks that went around England smashing organs because they hated music--music!--and in the colonies, they were all too happy edit: did I say happy? No, they were not happy. They were perfectly somber and morose and murderous when they executed Quakers and other undesirables. They were assholes who deserved to be treated as such.

Also there were a lot of other British colonists besides the Puritans. They were never very big outside of the Northeast (because they were dicks).

I never said they didn't deserve to be driven into the sea just that they were refugees

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Late, but the French immigrants included refugees too (Huguenots). And there were a bunch of religious refugees of all types pre-war in Pennsylvania, the promised land where William Penn said "Maybe don't kill anyone over their religion."

I didn't know about the huguenots thanks

snergle has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Dec 17, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Who What Now posted:

:gizz: unh yeah that's the good stuff. We really need a gamer.txt thread again.

Also yeah Voidburger is a goon and has made some very nice LPs of silent Hill games. Pretty sure they are on LP archive.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Speaking of conspiracies.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

It also means by any instant u can have #nuclear_attack

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

RareAcumen posted:

Speaking of conspiracies.

I should note that, as pointed out in one of the gaming threads in PYF, the massive amounts of poo poo-cracking about Undertale winning against Melee led GameFAQs to actually look into if bots were involved.

The answer was yes. And not only were the bots terrible, they were voting for Melee.

I am loving this as an IoSM source, because it's just stupid, terrible people raging against a machine that doesn't exist over a result that does not, and has never, mattered. There's no horrible reality that people are reacting badly to, there's nobody getting hurt by any of this. It's just nerds crying that they couldn't rig their popularity contest hard enough.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's why gamers.txt was so good before it spiralled down the GG hellhole. Just nerds getting way too mad about stupid poo poo that does not matter.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
"I was going to play this Ocarina of Time game, but then this random GameFaqs pole said it was only the SECOND best game of all time?!?! I'm not wasting my time on that poo poo"

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Soviet Commubot posted:

I have a headache now

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

"I was going to play this Ocarina of Time game, but then this random GameFaqs pole said it was only the SECOND best game of all time?!?! I'm not wasting my time on that poo poo"

Beaten by a goddamn SJW meme game!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Soviet Commubot posted:

I have a headache now

These are both completely hilarious.