Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Putrid Grin posted:

Keep drinking. Few more, and my photos will start looking good.

He's going to need blurry vision when he sees mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
how do i dropbox you a 12gigaram tuff file?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

McMadCow posted:

I thought that was being farmed out to me....? WTF did I buy this gimp suit for?!

text me

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

McMadCow posted:

I thought that was being farmed out to me....? WTF did I buy this gimp suit for?!

Did you need something new to wear to the wrap party?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Some one get a latex gimp suit and print all of our images on it pls, really put the masochism back into bdsm

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Musket posted:

how do i dropbox you a 12gigaram tuff file?

Use your imagination :wink:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

More like macrohard

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Easy with the foreplay there

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

bobmarleysghost posted:

640K ought to be a big enough TIFF for anybody.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
blue screen of the little death :stwoon:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Make sure to call autism adams and tell him you sent in your submission via electronic mail, his phone number is:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Update: I haven't sent anything, so don't fret. Working on it right now.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

ansel autisms posted:

Update: I haven't sent anything, so don't fret. Working on it right now.

PTSD

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Post Those Scheimpflug Dickpix

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Post Those lovely Diptychs

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
can we rename the zine to "Just The Diptych" ??

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

feigning interest posted:

can we rename the zine to "Just The Diptych" ??

RIP The Autist

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
So now that the selection process is over, what's the next step and what sort of timeline are we looking at? Is there any help that will be needed with anything?

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

RangerScum posted:

So now that the selection process is over, what's the next step and what sort of timeline are we looking at? Is there any help that will be needed with anything?

As far as I know the selection process isn't yet complete, but anyway in answer to your question, here's the plan.

1. Get a quote based on page count with a few different paper options. Hopefully we can get this before places around here shut down for the Christmas break.
2. Compile the final zine.
3. Get a proof made up. Hopefully have this by mid January.
4. Collect payments. Either directly through Paypal or using Kickstarter as a convenient means of tracking everything. Slight cost difference but might just be easier letting KS manage all the legwork. Either way I guess I'll give everyone a month to pay, so let's say we're getting to the end of this step mid to late February.
5. Get final copies printed. 1-2 weeks.
6. Post it all out. If all goes to plan this should happen before the end of March!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

There will probably be sequencing, design, and layout that needs to be done as well.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

alkanphel posted:

There will probably be sequencing, design, and layout that needs to be done as well.

This is true, but hopefully won't take too long. I'm off work for the next six weeks so I should be able to design and collate everything over that break. The plan is to keep it simple and classy (indeed, the very antithesis of the Dorkroom itself.)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
we are classy, remember the time ansel put nachos in a toilet? all class.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo posted:

This is true, but hopefully won't take too long. I'm off work for the next six weeks so I should be able to design and collate everything over that break. The plan is to keep it simple and classy (indeed, the very antithesis of the Dorkroom itself.)

Yeah I think simple is best and fastest too. You can probably arrange the submissions by last name alphabetical order too.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Working on the list right now, finishing it today.

The last question I have: how should I be announcing things? I can either email everything to elgarbo in secret (and individually to each person saying what went in), or I can just post here with names & filenames which are mostly ambiguous enough that only the submitter should know what the images are.

Thoughts?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

ansel autisms posted:

The last question I have: how should I be announcing things? I can either email everything to elgarbo in secret (and individually to each person saying what went in), or I can just post here with names & filenames which are mostly ambiguous enough that only the submitter should know what the images are.

Thoughts?

I'd prefer emails, if you do post the list please don't doxx people

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ansel autisms posted:

Thoughts?

I suppose emails preserves the surprise the best, but IMO whatever is easiest.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I vote for post the file names.

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 17, 2015

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Sent my list to elgarbo, I'll post here later tonight with the list if I don't get oppositions. If you personally oppose to having your submission listed in this thread PM me or post and I'll just exclude it from the list and let you know directly your submission status.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Dren posted:

I'd prefer emails, if you do post the list please don't doxx people

Abbreviated filenames (without real name information) seems like a good middle ground.

krackmonkey
Mar 28, 2003

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro...
I realize I have missed the photo submission deadline, but I'd still like to chip in financially and hope to contribute artistically to a future second issue.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

bobmarleysghost posted:

I'd go with this, leaving out the real names.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

A reminder: if you make the cut, you are obliged to actually purchase one of these zines.

If you don't, your photographs will be replaced by a randomly selected photograph from the Flickr group HDR Photographers with your credit attached. (This is a joke. This will not actually happen. Your photos will just be culled from the final copy.)

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

elgarbo posted:

If you don't, your photographs will be replaced by a randomly selected photograph from the Flickr group HDR Photographers with your credit attached. (This is a joke. This will not actually happen. Your photos will just be culled from the final copy.)

Well, yeah, random pictures from HDR Photographers would involve copying someone else's work. Just resize the flakes to 2"x2" and set random Lightroom sliders to max, then print them all on a "Wall of Shame" page as the back cover.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

Yond Cassius posted:

Well, yeah, random pictures from HDR Photographers would involve copying someone else's work. Just resize the flakes to 2"x2" and set random Lightroom sliders to max, then print them all on a "Wall of Shame" page as the back cover.

This is a very good idea.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

ansel autisms posted:

Sent my list to elgarbo, I'll post here later tonight with the list if I don't get oppositions.

I am very excited to learn which of my lovely photos are least lovely.

\/\/\/ Awesome.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 18, 2015

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Here's a partial list, there's names missing from here but they've been notified in other ways. If you're not on and haven't been told -- sorry!

quote:

365NogHogger-0002.jpg
365NogHogger-04-22-14_010.jpg
8thsamurai-002.jpg
8thsamurai-004.jpg
BANME.sh_(3).jpg
BANME.sh_(4).jpg
Breadnought_PinkBuilding.jpg
Breadnought_TrafficMirror.jpg
Captain Organ_Untitled4.jpg
Captain Organ_Untitled5.jpg
Execudork_Glacier.jpg
Execudork_Purple.jpg
Primo Itch - Horizons #1.jpg
Primo Itch - Tramas #1.jpg
LogisticEarth_Untitled (2).jpg
LogisticEarth_Window on the Ladder.jpg
McMadCow_S in Her Studio.jpg
McMadCow_Vanessa.jpg
MrDespair_Underground.jpg
MrDespair_Vertigo.jpg
PushingKingston-1.jpg
PushingKingston-4.jpg
Putrid Grin Submission (1 of 5).jpg
Putrid Grin Submission (5 of 5.jpg
Shellman_2.jpg
Shellman_3.jpg
Something-Awful-Huhu-2.jpg
Something-Awful-Huhu.jpg
Soopafly_Untitled(2).jpg
Soopafly_Untitled(3).jpg
Spedman_1.jpg
Spedman_3.jpg
TomR_1.jpg
TomR_2.jpg
bobmarleysghost_Lake.jpg
bobmarleysghost_Screen.jpg
crap nerd_4-Glassilaun Beach.jpg
crap nerd_5-Clonbur.jpg
daspope_GrandAve.jpg
daspope_NorthMopac.jpg
dren_VeronaMotel.jpg
dren_pool.jpg
feigninginterest-untitled(2).jpg
feigninginterest-untitled.jpg
mrblandaverage_mather point.jpg
mrblandaverage_viewpoint.jpg
musket-Bethany.jpg
musket-NW Portland.jpg
ohrwurm_1.jpg
ohrwurm_4.jpg
pukestainpal_Bud-Abandoned.jpg
pukestainpal_IVS-Merlion.jpg
ric_mirror_2100x1400_unsharpened.jpg
ric_spiderwebs_2100x1400_unsharpened.jpg
rohan-2.jpg
rohan-4.jpg
saintfu_img4.jpg
saintfu_ing5.jpg
thoogsby_untitled_3.jpg
thoogsby_untitled_4.jpg
tony-two-bapes_933.jpg
tony-two-bapes_935.jpg
unpacked robinhood_1.jpg
unpacked robinhood_3.jpg
voodoorootbeer_Chestnut St.jpg
voodoorootbeer_Dawg's.jpg

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I'm an idiot who missed a few that were supposed to be in:

quote:

VomitOnLino: gloomy_window_and_billowing_sky_and_windy_palm_tree / night_phone_lady_and_distant_city_scenery_in_gloom
Mido: mido_coastal / mido_space
iSheep: 201090010008 / 201090010021-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

If you made the cut and didn't supply a title for your photo and you want it titled, can you please email it through or PM me.

Otherwise it'll just be listed as Untitled.

• Locked thread