Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

So you're telling me that I can root for Trump as both the schadenfreude option where I hate American politics and want to see the Republicans choke on their own poo poo and die, *and* as the responsible 'least harm' candidate because President Trump will be so hated by everyone he will never actually accomplish anything? This is like a dream come true.

Just please assure me there aren't enough tea party asshat politicians out there who are secretly waiting for someone like Trump to come along so they can give voice to all their worst policies to actually implement anything Trump says and I can go back to hate watching the debates and not feeling a gnawing sense of terror that one of those men (sorry Fiorina, but I think we all know it's not happening) has a non-zero chance of being the next President of the United States.
You can, and given Cruz and Rubio are the likely alternatives, I really think you should. Trump would have no patience for the doubletalk necessary to keep the GOP as it exists alive after 2016. It's accelerationism that will take place with or without you http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1962#post453280390

I think tea party asshat politicians are going to be as incentivized as ever to be awful regardless of the general result. If it's Bernie, the MSM will want a rebellion, if it's clinton, we'll just continue the current one with the persistent white terrorism, if it's Rubio or Cruz, the democrats might turn up to the midterms, and if it's Trump everything turns into golf course so who the gently caress knows.

Vote Bernie in the primary, clinton in the general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

stephenfry posted:

Vote Bernie in the primary, clinton in the general

The best thing about living in a deep red state in a primary year is that my primary vote will actually make a difference. My general election vote won't matter because electoral college, but my primary vote at least has meaning because there will be so few of them cast.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

The best thing about living in a deep red state in a primary year is that my primary vote will actually make a difference. My general election vote won't matter because electoral college, but my primary vote at least has meaning because there will be so few of them cast.
sweet. hope you are knocking on doors or something too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Where in the world is Marco Rubio?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

Where in the world is Marco Rubio?

Is he still in his bus air tour of Iowa?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/marco-rubios-crisis-of-faith-213553

quote:

He liked “the contemporary gospel message,” the simplicity of the focus on the scriptures, of Christ Fellowship—but what he really wanted, and needed, he thought, was “the actual body and blood of Jesus.”

Could this be the origin of the water thing?

one paragraph later posted:

This was in May of 2008. “Let me finish with one more thought, and this is just the truth, and I hope no one gets offended—no one should,” Rubio said. “And that is this.” He took a sip of ice water from a styrofoam cup, seeming to gird himself.

Yep.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if santorum really wanted to be the catholic right winger candidate he shouldve abandoned his family become a monk and whenever he got hungry or thirsty he could just perform mass and eat and drink literal jesus. the bread has carbs, the wine has ethanol

he would be drunk as hell in a soiled sweater vest, he'd be the anointed candidate of god, and photagraphers could still take pictures of his crying kids

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I'm increasingly worried that this dweeb really will be our next president :saddowns:

MarcoRubio
Feb 3, 2016

Are you ready for a New American Century?

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm increasingly worried that this dweeb really will be our next president :saddowns:

Don't be worried! We're going to stop Obama from ruining our nation and emerge stronger than we ever have before! *drinks water*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Definitely one of my absolute favorite things from this cycle is Politico articles that mention Rubio drinking.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I can't vote for a candidate who is beholden to the interests of Big Water

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Rest in peace Big Mark

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
This is loving savage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Gg6ggghoI

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I much prefer Christie ripping apart sitting Republican Senators than public school teachers.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Thread title change mandatory

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

MarcoRubio posted:

Don't be worried! We're going to stop Obama from ruining our nation and emerge stronger than we ever have before! *drinks water*

Now that's what I call a prescient post.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

my stream went to poo poo during the abortion question, what did he say?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

They should have build Rubio OS on the Linux kernel instead of ME.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Sai posted:

my stream went to poo poo during the abortion question, what did he say?

he believes in a woman's right to choose but also in protecting unborn child life, basically. with a few words to make clear what follows from the framing; the woman can't choose to kill the baby even if it's from rape or incest. then christie earnestly took up the gauntlet of defending the right of the mother to kill her incest/rape baby. republican politics are weird

oh also rubio said democrats are the real abortion extremists

gop establishment types have claimed that rubio's google searches spiked during his abortion talk. apparently it strikes a chord in the gop self-described moderate mind and they desperately want to believe that only liberal media clinton people are talking about the dispel notion obama is bla bla bla gaffe

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Let's dispel with this fiction than Barack Oba-let's dispel with this fiction than Barack Oba-Let's dispel with this fiction than Barack Oba-

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Rubio stumbles three times and gets crucified. Will his poll numbers rise again?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnaN8W4356c

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uI_kIP3Ys

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Your Candiate Sucks >Well first Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist >Your Candiate Sucks >Well first Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Thump! posted:

Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Your Candiate Sucks >Well first Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.

Thump! posted:

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Thread title change mandatory

Too bad nobody gives a poo poo about Rubio

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Rocks posted:

we don't have a Rubio thread yet so here we go.

does no one else think he sounds EXACTLY like Matt Damon????

I think he does.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rocks posted:

Yeah but instead of his own name, Team America World Police puppet Rubio only says BARACK OBAMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rocks posted:

I get a slightly higher-pitched Mark Wahlberg, personally.

Also boy, did this latest debate suck for Rubio - not just because he repeated himself so much, but because he also clearly can't handle the pressure without blowing a fuse.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

He might repeat himself, but he doesn't repeat his mistakes.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

You can see the exact moment where he knows he's repeating himself but there's no going back.

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q7D3uM93Es

Someone cut 0:01 - 0:03 and loop it for 10 hours please

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBX0Z1MkDyQ

it just keeps happening

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Rubio is pretty dumb. Pretty. And dumb.

Its a shame, would be neat to have a catholic in the big seat.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baloogan posted:

Rubio is pretty dumb. Pretty. And dumb.

Its a shame, would be neat to have a catholic in the big seat.

He’s no Jack Kennedy.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Have they tried rebooting him? Maybe unplugging him then plugging him back in again?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rubs gets so much criticism for being a relatively young first‐term senator, but Cruz has the same résumé.

The difference seems to be that Rubio isn’t a hideous meltman.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Platystemon posted:

Rubs gets so much criticism for being a relatively young first‐term senator, but Cruz has the same résumé.

The difference seems to be that Rubio isn’t a hideous meltman.

Has anyone put forward that Cruz and Rubio are both clones of Reagan, only with a Solid/Liquid split? Cruz has the inferior genes and Rubio is Liquid Snake.

I guess that makes Trump Solidus.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thump! posted:

Has anyone put forward that Cruz and Rubio are both clones of Reagan, only with a Solid/Liquid split? Cruz has the inferior genes and Rubio is Liquid Snake.

I guess that makes Trump Solidus.

We already had Lincoln Chaffee as the gooey senator from Xmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Minrad posted:

it just keeps happening

holy poo poo this bug keeps cropping up in production and they paid millions in R&D at this point

• Locked thread