Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Dr. Fetus posted:

Dr. Fetus here, I got permission from Ragnar Homsar to do a little thing. I have no idea how far I'm going to get with this since I don't really have the tools Ragnar has to capture screenshots easily. But without any further ado, let's begin.
Oh god, a Miiverse screenshot LP

It's an Atlus game, of course you HAVE to choose the not serious answers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Transcribing stuff, even with raw footage I can skip around in, is already a pain (especially because OCR software reacts badly to EO2U's translucent UI). I can't imagine what it's like with just Miiverse photos. :v:

Txn posted:

Oh god, a Miiverse screenshot LP

It's an Atlus game, of course you HAVE to choose the not serious answers

It is exactly as tedious as you would think. And then some. This was a terrible idea. And yet I chose to do it anyway. :suicide:

Well, looks like Knight it is. And he will be the complete opposite of serious. You have chosen wisely.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hohenheim?! The stories said you'd passed away!

What is this game?

edit: Oh nevermind, vote's over already.

I'm glad that someone is doing the Story mode though, I wasn't expecting Ragnar to touch it after going through the trouble of playing it once on classic already now.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm glad that someone is doing the Story mode though, I wasn't expecting Ragnar to touch it after going through the trouble of playing it once on classic already now.

Part of it is that, but I just don't like Story mode that much to begin with. The characters' personalities are fine, but I'm the kind of guy who likes having customization available at any point in time (if that makes sense), and having a preset party that can only reclass while keeping their current stats and stat growths really doesn't sit well with me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Part of it is that, but I just don't like Story mode that much to begin with. The characters' personalities are fine, but I'm the kind of guy who likes having customization available at any point in time (if that makes sense), and having a preset party that can only reclass while keeping their current stats and stat growths really doesn't sit well with me.

That's a fair enough reason.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Game Mechanics: Status Ailments and Binds, or "Disables and You"

If you've ever played a JRPG (or any RPG, really), you're most likely familiar with the concept of status ailments. If you've ever played an Atlus RPG before, you're most likely familiar with being screwed over by status ailments at the worst possible times--Etrian Odyssey is no different. Understanding what each disable available in EO does, how to play around them, and when it's best to utilize a specific ailment (if you're the one trying to inflict them) is practically a necessity.

In EO1, disables always lasted 5 turns, which made them pretty good if you could inflict them...but trying to inflict them was an exercise in "how salty can a human being be." EO1's ailment formula was literally just (enemy resistance to ailments or binds) * (ailment skill's infliction chance). Bosses tended to reduce status ailment chances down to 5% of their normal base infliction chance, while binds were only reduced to 25% or so. EO2 changed that up, and introduced the idea of LUC influencing ailment infliction chances. The gist of LUC influencing infliction chances is basically: If the inflicter has more LUC than the target, the infliction chance goes up, equal LUC means no change to the infliction chance, and the inflicter having lower LUC than the target reduces the chance. Ailments and binds still weren't that fantastic in EO2 due to the fact that inflicting them on bosses and FOEs was still annoying at best and infuriating at worst (Dominate and Riot Gun aside).

EO3 overhauled how disable infliction works. Outside of changing how long disables tend to last, and massively overhauling the infliction formula, bosses and FOEs generally have lower resistance to disables overall, but to compensate, everything (including the player's party) now has invisible "accumulative resistance." Whenever something is inflicted with a disable, the chance of them being inflicted with that same disable again goes down. In theory, this is a pretty good compromise for making disables worthwhile for the player, but the major issue with EO3's implementation was that accumulative resistance was permanent for the duration of a battle. Given how long FOEs and major boss fights tend to take in EO3, accumulative resistance basically rendered disables pretty bad for the player. The other major issue with EO3's implementation was that the changes to how long disables last meant that not only do disables last less time on the whole, but they can actually wear off after only 1 turn.

EO4 fixed both of those major issues with Releasal Spell on the Arcanist class (which completely purged all of the target's accumulative resistance), and the fact that disables now lasted at least 2 turns. EOU also changed the ailment system, with the major changes being that accumulative resistance for a given disable is now automatically purged after a set amount of turns (it's either 8 or 10 for EOU, I've seen sources saying both numbers)...and that Atlus hosed up the infliction formula and made TEC the major stat for inflicting ailments. EO2U's major change to how disables are inflicted is that, much like EO2, LUC is the only stat factored in--TEC is now completely irrelevant for infliction.

I wish I could give you the fancy formulae that EO2U uses to determine ailment infliction chances, but unfortunately, no-one's figured out what they are yet! Same goes for base infliction chances and specific numbers for enemy resistances to ailments--although for the latter, the Monstrous Codex entry for an enemy does at least tell you if an enemy is weak to an ailment, resists it more than usual, or is outright immune.

One more thing: note that for status ailments, an enemy or party member can only have one status ailment at a time. This works off a hierarchy system, which is illustrated in how ailments are ordered here. An ailment that's higher on the hierarchy (lower in this post) than the ailment already inflicted will overwrite it, but an ailment that's lower on the hierarchy won't. Binds do not follow this rule, and stack independently of status ailments and each other.

Status ailments

Blind: Blinded targets have a (I believe) 66% chance to miss their attacks (on top of the normal accuracy check), and have their evasion completely disabled.

Not a lot of enemies actually inflict blind, but it's a pretty annoying ailment anyways. The miss chance severely hampers damage dealers, and the "no evasion" bit means that laughably inaccurate spells turn into total party wipes. There are bosses and FOEs that take advantage of this! For us, blind is an ailment that very few enemies either resist or are weak to, so it's a decent go-to disable in case you want setup for Ailing Slash. It also severely screws with multi-hit attacks that are designed to either overkill the party or put them very close to dying.

Player skills that can blind:
  • Blinding Slash (Landsknecht)
  • Blind Arrow (Survivalist)
  • Blinding Curse (Hexer)
  • Random Disease (War Magus)

Poison: Poisoned targets take damage at the end of every turn. The damage depends on the skill used to inflict the poison.

Poison tends to be used by enemies as a way to finish off any party members left standing from a hard-hitting attack, and is extremely annoying in that respect. For us, poison is useful either as random encounter clearers (Venom Curse), or for when we're up against the few bosses that nullify several status ailments except poison and maybe one or two more. The Butterfly Tsukudani (Poison Damage 2x) food is very useful for cheesing early FOEs and Chimaera.

Player skills that can poison:
  • Viper (Dark Hunter)
  • Rose Prison (Dark Hunter Force Break)
  • Venom Curse (Hexer)

Paralysis: Paralyzed targets have around a 50% chance to do nothing for a turn, which is determined at the start of the turn. Paralysis also disables an enemy's evasion on turns where they cannot act because of it.

Paralysis, for us, isn't that fantastic of an ailment. Enemies tend to either resist it or are weak to it less than blind, and the chance to stop an enemy's action isn't that reliable. Plus, we don't have that many ways to take advantage of the evasion disable. Paralysis in the hands of enemies, however, is potentially incredibly deadly. Having a damage dealer lose a turn, especially if they've done some kind of setup, is incredibly annoying. Having your Protector, Medic, War Magus, or Beast lose a turn, on the other hand, can potentially lead to a game over. Mercifully, basically no bosses outside of Basilisk tend to paralyze.

Player skills that can paralyze:
  • Paralysis Arrow (Survivalist)
  • Nerve Bite (Dark Hunter)

Panic: Panic completely disables a target's evasion, and their ability to choose their actions--panicked targets are forced to randomly attack something, whether it be an enemy, themselves, or someone in their party.

Panic is very dangerous in the hands of both the enemy and the player. If a support class like a Medic or Beast gets panicked in a big fight, you might as well reset because it's incredibly hard to recover from that. Likewise, inflicting panic on an enemy means they're still somewhat dangerous, especially if their normal attacks hit hard, but taking their skills out of the equation makes pretty much any fight much easier.

Player skills that can inflict panic:
  • Mirage Bite (Dark Hunter)
  • Madness Curse (Hexer)

Sleep: Asleep targets can't act at all. When an asleep target is damaged, the ailment is immediately dispelled. If the damage source is physical (Cut, Stab, Bash), the damage is increased by 50%.

Sleep is an ailment that's infinitely worse for the party to be tagged with than it is for an enemy to be tagged with. A physical attack that's boosted by the sleep bonus damage, in the situations we'll see them most often in, will most likely kill a party member. By virtue of that alone, putting an enemy to sleep means a lot less than it is for a party member to be put to sleep.

Player skills that can sleep:
  • Sleep Arrow (Survivalist)
  • Hypno Bite (Dark Hunter)
  • Torpor Curse (Hexer)

Curse: Cursed targets, whenever they deal damage, are damaged for half of the damage they dealt. Killing a target does not trigger Curse damage.

Curse is an absurdly useless ailment for the player. Enemies deal far less damage than they, personally, have HP, and half of even a massive attack generally isn't that big a chunk of an enemy's HP. Curse for enemies, on the other hand, is really loving irritating. Player characters tend to deal damage closer to their own HP, so half of that tends to be quite painful, and big attacks (or attacks with prior setup like charge skills) will probably kill the user. NOT FUN.

I will note, though, that otherwise-lethal damage will trigger Curse if the target has an endure effect, like the Beast's Deadly Resolve or True Endurance, and Fafnir's Power Cell.

Player skills that can curse:
  • Corrupt Curse (Hexer)

Fear: Afraid targets have around a 50% chance to not act for a turn. If Fear activates on a player character and disables a turn, it also removes some of the afflicted character's TP. Some Hexer skills (Shielding Word, Conflict Word, and Suicide Word) require that the target be afflicted with Fear.

Fear is, for the enemy, essentially paralysis without the evasion cancellation. The amount of TP removed when a party member has Fear proc on them is quite large, and is very annoying in the late and postgame. Fear, for the player, is a somewhat special ailment. Firstly, as noted above, the Hexer has a mini-skill tree that originates from Evil Eye, a skill that inflicts Fear, and allows them to control enemies, to a degree. Secondly, if an enemy doesn't outright nullify Fear, they tend to be weaker to it than most other status ailments. The key phrase, however, is "if they don't nullify it." In EO2 and EOU, pretty much every enemy (including FOEs and bosses) didn't nullify Fear, and it was pretty much the most reliable status ailment. This has been changed for EO2U, and several FOEs and bosses either gained resistance to Fear or just nullify it altogether.

Player skills that can cause fear:
  • Evil Eye (Hexer)

Petrification: Petrified enemies are immediately taken out of the fight, and are essentially dead. Petrified party members cannot act at all, and count as dead for the purposes of getting a game over (game overs occur if the entire party is dead, petrified, or some combination of the two). Petrification disables evasion, but also reduces damage taken. Petrification is one of two status ailments that persists after battle. Petrified party members still gain EXP after the end of a battle.

Petrification is basically instant death for enemies. For the party, it's also basically death, albeit death that can be treated with Therica Bs and the Medic's Refresh. Not only is there only one player skill that inflicts petrification, and it comes with an insanely situational condition for inflicting the petrification, but most bosses completely nullify it, and quite a lot of FOEs resist it. Petrification really isn't something you're going to be using much. It's also the only "normal" status ailment that Random Disease doesn't try to inflict.

Player skills that can petrify:
  • Scorpion (Dark Hunter)

Death: Dead enemies are taken out of battle. Dead party members can't act at all, and can only be brought back with Nectars, the Medic's Revive or Medical Miracle, or the War Magus's War Revive. Death is the other status ailment that persists after battle. Dead party members don't gain EXP after the end of a battle.

If you need me to explain death itself further, I dunno what to tell you. Instant death, on the other hand, is something I can explain. Certain skills, for both enemies and player characters, inflict instant death. What this means is that, with no exceptions, the target is instantly killed. Doesn't matter how much HP they have, or what buffs or endure effects they have. There is no way to avoid instant death outside of equipment that provides resistance against it. Every boss resists instant death, and pretty much every FOE heavily resists it.

Player skills that can inflict instant death:
  • Beheading Cut (Ronin)
  • Issen (Ronin Force Break)
  • Head Pierce (Highlander)

Stun: Stunned targets can't act for one turn.

Stun is a special status ailment. It only lasts for one turn, and as such, stacks fully with other status ailments. It also does not have any effect if the target has already acted that turn, or has an action that's only performed once everyone has done their action for the turn (certain bosses have actions like this).

Player skills that can stun:
  • Stunning Smash (Landsknecht)
  • Sagittarius Shot (Survivalist)
  • Temptation (Dark Hunter)
  • Shell Shock (Gunner)
  • Supreme Bolt (Gunner Force Break)

Binds

Note that if a target's body part is bound on the turn they'd use a skill that uses that body part, the target does nothing for that turn. Binds also just gray out disabled skills for the party, but enemies will still try to use skills that require bound body parts, basically wasting their turns.

Head bind: Disables skills that use the head. Reduces the target's TEC and accuracy.

Most support and caster skills, like most of the Medic's and Alchemist's skillsets, all of the Hexer's skillset, and pretty much every War Lore skill for example, use the head, which pretty obviously makes head binds the worst for a support or caster to get hit by. Head binds can also gently caress over damage dealers that don't have the greatest accuracy, like Fafnir (outside of Transform) or Landsknechts. FOEs and bosses that have elemental attacks or buffs tend to use the head for those skills. TEC also determines resistance to elemental attacks; as such, head binds can significantly boost the amount of damage an Alchemist, Gunner, or Fafnir can deal to an enemy.

Player skills that can inflict head bind:
  • Head Bash (Landsknecht)
  • Gag (Dark Hunter)
  • Cranial Curse (Hexer)
  • Head Snipe (Gunner)
  • Headcut (War Magus)
  • Head Pierce (Highlander)
  • Stigmata (Highlander)
  • Mind Shut (Fafnir)

Arm bind: Disables skills that use the arms. Reduces the target's STR.

Arm binds completely shut down basically every damage dealer class outside of Alchemists and Transformed Fafnir. It's not as potentially disastrous as head binds on supports are, but you still need to be careful around enemies that can bind arms. FOEs and bosses that have physical attacks use the arms for said skills most of the time.

Player skills that can inflict arm bind:
  • Shield Smite (Protector)
  • Cuffs (Dark Hunter)
  • Abdomen Curse (Hexer)
  • Arm Snipe (Gunner)
  • Armcut (War Magus)
  • Stigmata (Highlander)
  • Vital Shut (Fafnir)

Leg bind: Disables skills that use the legs. Disable's the target's evasion completely and prevents them from escaping. Also lowers action speed.

Leg binds aren't that dangerous outside of bosses with low-accuracy, high-power attacks. Not a lot of player skills use the legs, and while some bosses use the legs for certain attacks (one boss's main gimmick relies on their legs, in fact), it's generally not worth going for leg binds a lot of the time.

Player skills that can inflict leg bind:
  • Disabling Shot (Survivalist)
  • Shackles (Dark Hunter)
  • Immobile Curse (Hexer)
  • Leg Snipe (Gunner)
  • Legcut (War Magus)
  • Stigmata (Highlander)

Rea fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 10, 2016

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Head binds can also be used offensively. Since enemy TEC affects the damage they take from TEC-based attacks, it boosts alchemist damage and some skills from other classes.
Whether you want to spend the effort head binding something is another thing, but I always felt that the damage increase in previous games was pretty noticeable.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

siotle posted:

Head binds can also be used offensively. Since enemy TEC affects the damage they take from TEC-based attacks, it boosts alchemist damage and some skills from other classes.
Whether you want to spend the effort head binding something is another thing, but I always felt that the damage increase in previous games was pretty noticeable.

Oh, thanks! I forgot TEC determines elemental resistance.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

siotle posted:

It halves the target's TEC stat, so it's a pretty big increase.

Oh and as for the ailment hierarchy, just look at the monster codex. Those list of ailment resistances are arranged that way for a reason. An ailment cannot be overwritten by the ones to the right of them, while ailments to the left of said ailment can overwrite that ailment. (ie Poison can overwrite Blind, but it cannot overwrite Paralysis.) And Confusion started being called Panic starting from EO4. Also, accumulative resistance acts the same way it did in past games. +30% resistance per infliction. I should also note that while the reset timer for accumulative resistance is ticking down, if you manage to inflict that ailment again during that time, the timer will reset back to 10 turns.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

RareAcumen posted:

What is this game?

Stella Glow, for the 3DS. Essentially Luminous Arc 4.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 2: Arrival in High Lagaard

Our protagonist's name was decided to be Knight! So that's what we're going with.

Nah, I think you heard wrong.

In truth, I'm lacking.

Here's Flavio. He's gonna be one of our party members. And before you ask, no, you cannot rename Story Mode characters.

I'll give it my best shot!

I see... Oh, um, are you sure about sending two rookies, though? Shouldn't the knights of Caledonia be handling that?

Why me?

I'm thinking that maybe all sorts of things could go wrong here.

I'm not confident about this...

Oh. Oops.

B-But we're still in front of the professor, so let's say, “Leave it to us!” Okay!?

I didn't think they'd form an investigation team with just the two of us on it.

No time to be a baby, Flavio.

It's not a big deal.

Heheh, it's reassuring, in a way.
Alright, I can't stand around quaking in my boots. I need to repay the Library for raising me. The Duchy of High Lagaard, huh? Okay, let's get going!

We're playing EO3, right?

That southern ocean city, right?

Oh. My mistake.

Completely different place. High Lagaard is a cold country north of here.
Better take a map so we don't get lost, I guess.

Despite anxious hopes for a perilous adventure, the journey was uneventful. On the night of the 30th day... High Lagaard at last came into view.

Our orders from the Midgard Library were, “report straight to the Guild once you arrive in High Lagaard,” right?
We should probably get going then, huh?

Only one place we can go to at the moment.

Oh? I do recall receiving word that a member of the investigation team would come. Flavio, is it...? And your name is?

I don't give names to strangers, lady.

...How about you tell me yours first?

Now then, Knight and Flavio. In searching for your client Lady Arianna, I'd like you to thoroughly explore the area. This is a mission that is tasked to all explorers of High Lagaard.

Precisely. I'd like to see if the members of the Midgard investigation team live up to the prestigious name. I've already sent a message to the Duke's Palace. I'd like you to head there and accept a mission from them.

By accepting and completing these, you will be able to progress and receive various rewards. First, try heading to the Duke's Palace from the plaza.

We understand, but... where exactly are we supposed to meet our client?
Ah... she's been waiting for your arrival at the Labyrinth's entrance for some time. She seems to be in quite the hurry. I imagine she's waiting at the same spot as usual. I suggest you accept the mission and meet up with her at the Labyrinth.

So here's one of the main differences between Story and Classic. First of all, we start out with less money. And we're stuck with 2 party members at the moment, even though most people would make a party of 5 in Classic mode. Anyways, I'm not gonna talk too much about gameplay here. The main purpose of this Let's Play is to cover the differences between Story and Classic. You want gameplay details? Read Ragnar Homsar's LP, he's covering that pretty well.

The other thing is that we're stuck with this party. We can't make any new members, so whatever the game gives us, it's what we have to work with. Though this game allows some leeway, in that it lets you alter your class (You can't do this with Fafnir. He's stuck in his base class.) Altering your class allows you to do just that. Except the person who alters their class keeps their base stat spread instead of changing to the new class' stat spread. So it's somewhat limited in use in Story Mode. Now there are a couple of good ways to reclass some classes. Flavio can be reclassed to a Gunner or Hexer and can take on their roles fairly effectively if you wish to work with those classes. I won't be making use of reclassing in this playthrough. The Story Mode party is already fairly versatile and serviceable. Oh, and Story Mode characters do have the same stat spread as their base class.

Anyways we can also talk to Marion.

Go accept the mission at the Duke's Palace, and proceed to rendezvous at the Labyrinth.

Now each NPC has a bit of dialogue whenever you talk to them. They usually change it for each new floor you reach. Though some of the dialogue differs depending on if you play Story or Classic. I won't show off the ones that have already been shown off by Ragnar Homsar. Anyways, let's leave.

Gee, not giving us much of a choice there.

That's some beard you've got.

No, I'm pretty sure that his beard is a very important issue.

...Hm. I had imagined the people of Midgard to be more severe folk, but it seems you two have a sense of humor.
Oh! Uh, um... w-we apologize for our behavior!
No need for apologies. Why, it's a pleasant surprise to be complimented on one's beard. I'm rather unused to such flattery! But let us return to the point. Yes, the Guildmaster has already informed me that you wish to take the test. This may also make a fine opportunity for you to attain the basic skills you'd need to navigate the Labyrinth. You may now proceed with the test.

Let's take the test.

Carographic skills are de rigueur when investigating the Labyrinth. I hope for this mission to teach you those skills. Here is a map of the Labyrinth. Note down the details that you find and return to the Grand Duchy when it is done.

And like in Classic Mode, you get a map, and it shows up on the bottom screen.

What I'm interested in this time is 1F. Here, I'll mark the region in question on your map in red.

He does so.

And one last thing. I wish for you to find and retrieve from the Labyrinth a bit of proof that we've prepared.
Proof, huh?

Ahahaha. An unsubtle jab at people who prefer to look up maps on the internet rather than making one themselves.

The proof is a wooden token with the High Lagaardian emblem engraved n it. You'll find it in a treasure box.

Let's go, Flavio.
Understood! We're finally going into the Yggdrasil Labyrinth, huh...? L-Let's get fired up, Knight!

Let's talk to Dubois.

Make sure you visit Sitoth Trading, and prepare well before you proceed with the mission.

Let's leave.

Prepare your equipment there before heading into the Labyrinth itself, hm?

You just said that to us.

Anyways, we'll check out the rest of the town, and meet with our client next time.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 18, 2015

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I love the contrast of humor between Ranger and Knight, even if it's literally just the humor from the game :allears:
Separate topic though, out of curiosity, if Fafnir could reclass what would his stat spread work well with?

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Player skills that can stun:
  • Stunning Smash (Landsknecht)
  • Temptation (Dark Hunter)
  • Shell Shock (Gunner)
  • Supreme Bolt (Gunner Force Break)

Doesn't the Survivalist's Sagittarius Shot have a chance of stunning? Impractical, sure, but it's there.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

BlackPersona posted:

I love the contrast of humor between Ranger and Knight, even if it's literally just the humor from the game :allears:
Separate topic though, out of curiosity, if Fafnir could reclass what would his stat spread work well with?

Fafnir's got excellent STR and TEC (66 and 61 at lv99), so he'd fit most any damage class besides Gunner (due to his AGI, which is iirc the 2nd worst in the game).

quote:

Doesn't the Survivalist's Sagittarius Shot have a chance of stunning? Impractical, sure, but it's there.

Whoops. Yep, you're right.

In my defense, it didn't in EO2! :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I chose the Armoroad option the first time I played the game, too. Just to see if there was a wink wink, nudge nudge "Yeah, EO3U is coming" bit of dialogue.

RareAcumen posted:

What is this game?

Stella Glow. Recently released Atlus game that plays like Fire Emblem. It's pretty fun, though some of the female designs suffer from :japan:.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
It's an FFT style game rather that fire emblem. FE has a phase system instead of turns.

It's actually pretty decent if really easy and slow. The social link stuff was much less anime than it had any right to be which was a surprise (still super anime).

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 17, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Stella Glow. Recently released Atlus game that plays like Fire Emblem. It's pretty fun, though some of the female designs suffer from :japan:.

Yeah, wow you're not kidding.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, wow you're not kidding.

It's kind of funny in that the female designs (aside from Hilda) aren't all that bad until you get to the Japan area of the game.

I feel like there's a degree of self-awareness there.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

(aside from Hilda)

"oh it can't be that bad, certainly can't be as bad as female troubadors/gladiators/dancers"

<actually googles the character>

"oh"

In any case, work on update 11 is proceeding somewhat slowly, because I am creating portraits of every single story mode character expression for Dr. Fetus to use. I'm close to being done, but I've been at this for a total of around 4 hours now. :shepface:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Doing LPs is hard work. Don't wear yourself out. :ohdear:

Also, whatever you do, don't Google Nonoka. Her outfit makes Hilda's look reasonable. Heck, it makes Shilleka's look reasonable.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's kind of funny in that the female designs (aside from Hilda) aren't all that bad until you get to the Japan area of the game.

I feel like there's a degree of self-awareness there.

*googles*

... how does that even stay on.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

In any case, work on update 11 is proceeding somewhat slowly, because I am creating portraits of every single story mode character expression for Dr. Fetus to use. I'm close to being done, but I've been at this for a total of around 4 hours now. :shepface:

If I'm going to suffer, I'm going to drag everyone else down with me. :unsmigghh: (Thanks, by the way.)

Also do not try to do screenshot LPs of 3DS games through Miiverse. It is a beyond terrible idea. And if the Nintendo Network goes down, you can't take screenshots. I have no idea why I'm doing this to myself. :suicide:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SSLPs are some really hard poo poo and you should never do them, but when you post an update and it all comes together it's like the best thing and I never want to stop.

Also doing like small things that hardly anyone notices and it took you like 8 hours to do, but you know it's there and that's all you care about.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, Ragnar finally got me those Story Mode portraits, so I updated the last update with the facial expressions used in game. Though that only means I updated Flavio's portraits. Hopefully I'll have the next update out soon.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
122 portraits, with one character having more than double any other character has. :v:

At least I had fun with some of the names:

quote:

<char>_ask-nicely-for-kritz.png
<char>_dummy-fafnir.png
<char>_head-tilt_kurisu.png
<char>_irritated-love-interest.png
<char>_oh-gods.png
<char>_ohhhhh-gods.png
<char>_OHHHHHH-GODS.png
<char2>_firm-countenance.png
flavio_no-no-no.png

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

with one character having more than double any other character has. :v:

is it arianna

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

alcharagia posted:

is it arianna

Yep.

Dunno why I tried to keep the name secret honestly. :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*blinks in a moe fashion* my!!!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Flavio is a treasure and the best part of Story mode.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was going to look this up because I am a loving junkie for SRPGs but

Ragnar Homsar posted:

"oh it can't be that bad, certainly can't be as bad as female troubadors/gladiators/dancers"

<actually googles the character>

"oh"
:sigh: goddamnit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

theshim posted:

I was going to look this up because I am a loving junkie for SRPGs but

:sigh: goddamnit

Yeah, like I'm not trying to be over sensitive or anything but my level of tolerance is like Tales of... outfits and even then Milla's was a bit much to me. Nonoka's just blows it out of the water personally.

And that's such a shame though because FFT combat is really good and I've been wanting something like that besides FFTA2 to play. It'd be more of a shame if I had a 3DS and could buy it though. :v:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 3: Meeting with Arianna

So yeah, Story Mode was also kind of intended to attract new players, so there's more hand holding in the beginning of the game than if you picked Classic.

If you're a new explorer here, I could recommend some products to you if you like?

Sure, why not?

Thanks.
Okay! First, then, let me check the gear you have now! ..... ...And... checked! Um, it looks like the armor you have now is really thin! Some shoes, gloves, or accessories might be good to have, too! My recommendations would be a Wooden Hairpin, or maybe a Thick Gage!

Wow, I don't remember EOU coddling you that much. Anyways, let's see what she has to say.

I suggest you first make sure you're completely armored, from head to toe.

Good advice. I outfit Knight and Flavio in some armor. Knight can make use of Katanas and Swords. But I upgrade his Katana, since those typically have higher attack power. Flavio makes use of Bows, but I didn't have enough to get him a new one. Now normally I'd recommend you buy some Medicas, maybe like 5 of them, but don't do that here. That's a waste of money. Anyways, let's leave.

The most popular one for explorers is the Flaus Inn. You should go take a look... I mean, when you can.

...We're regulars.
Oh, really!? I thought I had a good memory, but...

Sorry, my memory must be failing me.

Sorry about that. Actually, it's our first time in the city...
I thought so. Welcome to Lagaard, then. There are lots of inns here, but my place is the best! You're explorers, right? Great! You'll fit right in. Try to get along with the other guilds!

If you played EO2, you might notice that they're giving all the NPCs names this time. EOU didn't even do that.

There's no need for formalities, you can just call me Hanna. That's what everyone else does! Hahaha!

Let's talk to her.

Time to go.

You'll meet plenty of experienced explorers there. I'm sure you can learn a thing or two from them. ...Of course, if you are in a hurry, you can just head on into the Labyrinth.

And now the game stops railroading us. But let's check out the bar anyway.

And the rest of his dialogue is the same as Classic Mode's. Even his regular talk dialogue. You can also talk to the bar patrons here, they'll give you tips on what to look out for in the Labyrnith. While a few bar talks are different in Story Mode, most of them are the same as in Classic, so I won't be showing most of those off.

Anyways, let's finally go to the Labyrinth!

But I don't see anyone around here. Let's go look around further in.

The sight overwhelms all who see it for the first time... The Yggdrasil Labyrinth. This forest maze exists within Yggdrasil, the tree that looms over the city of High Lagaard.

You nod your assent to Flavio as you gaze about. Just then, you see a figure approach from the far side of the clearing

Truly amazing... The scenery here is almost enough to make me forget the Labyrinth's dangers.

The woman wears a friendly smile on her face as she speaks.

In EOU, (really low quality) animated cutscenes played at certain points in the game during Story Mode. EO2U replaced those with these animated stills to keep the file size of the game at a minimum. As a result, the only animated scene in EO2U is the opening movie.

Your smile is what's amazing.
Wh--Knight!? How can you deliver a line like that with a straight face...!? There's a girl here alone in the forest! Hitting on her shouldn't be the first thing on your mind!

Because your reactions are amusing.

As the woman watches you snipe at one another, she smiles again.

Are you explorers, here to investigate the Yggdrasil Labyrinth? The forest is lovely, but dangerous. Please take care.

You note that the name the girl gives you is the very same as the person whose request you are here to grant.

We'll make sure to be careful.

You bow lightly after responding and the woman's face brightens.

Excellent! Please return safely. I hope we can visit again sometime.

But the young survivalist watching the scene unfold can hold his tongue no longer...

Okay, enough of this whole 'see you later' business!
Look, we're the Midgard Library investigation team you're waiting for.

Truly? I confess to being a bit scatterbrained...

Ohhhh boy. I can see that this will go well.

After making an apology for the misunderstanding, the woman asks for your names. You and Flavio introduce yourselves. On hearing again that you are from the Midgard Library, she curtseys to you.

Well then, Sir Knight and Sir Flavio. I'm pleased to have your assistance on my journey.
I was waiting here for you because I'm eager to depart. If it's all right with you, I would like to begin at once.

And Arianna is also a member of our party in Story Mode. So we're stuck with 3 characters instead of 2. Eh, that's better, I guess.

Oh, I nearly forgot. You'll be wanting these.

And that's why I said for you to not buy any Medicas. This will be plenty to tide us over in our first trip. They're single target consumables that restore a bit of HP.

Oh, and here's something a Classic Mode party misses out on. A Nectar at the start! They'll revive any dead people in battle. Then again, I can see why they did that. A party of 5 losing 1 is not as bad as a party of 3 losing 1.

I was given these medicines for the outset of my journey. Use them as you will, Sirs. Now the, let us waste no more time in setting off!

And here's Story Mode's map making tutorial. And yes, I imported my maps from NG+. I'm not drawing all that again! Also, but thou must question.

Remind me, Flavio?
We covered that at the Midgard Library, didn't we? Let me see if I can remember...

And then we're given a tutorial on how to draw a map.

Alright, let's give this a try!

You nod at your young companion's enthusiasm and decide to begin mapping this floor as you proceed.

As you cautiously proceed through the forest, you stop at a crossroads in the path with two clear branches.

So, which way?

Obviously we should pick up that treasure before moving on, but ehhh...

It's all one to me.
...What a spoilsport. You're making me look like the only one excited around here.

It's a fork in the path, dude.

Well then, why not try left? I feel as if the path will open up that way.
Okay, we'll do that. Oh, but that reminds me of something more important than a fork in the road. You two are properly prepared for exploration and battle, right?
Prepared...?
Yeah. At the Library, they taught us that developing skills is important when exploring the forest. I went with Bow Mastery to focus on that type of skills... But if you two haven't learned any yet, now's as a good a time as any.

In order to use skills, you must allocate Skill Points to learn them. At present, you have 3 points available to spend. You will gain 1 point each time you level up.

You can check a skill's description to see what spending points on it will do.

Yeah, but don't expect them to go into detail about it. Oh yeah, we should probably get to spending our skill points.

Okay, so Knight here is of the Fafnir class. It's job is to... uhh... I'm not really sure how to describe him. He's a frontliner who can deal some okay damage, I guess? To be honest, he's kind of mediocre. His stat spread is kind of average, except for STR and TEC, which are fairly high. Honestly, he's probably among the worst damage dealing classes in the game, simply because his skills have really low damage modifiers compared to most other classes.

At any rate, I suggest leveling up Blade Mastery to 3, so you can unlock his Elemental Sabres, which gives you some nice offensive options. As for one of the first skills you should go for, don't level up the Sabres just yet. You actually want Delayed Chase, as that's one of his better damage skills. Anyways, the Sabres have Knight attack a single target with Elemental/Cut damage, so you definitely want those first.

Knight also has an entire skill branch dedicated to the Force mechanic. It's a complete mistake to invest anything in here at the moment.

Mainly because he doesn't have access to Force Skills, unlike Arianna and Flavio! Anyways, Arianna is of the Sovereign class. They're a support class whose job is to buff the party. They can also dish out some nice bit of damage and heal the party while they're at it. They're kind of jack of all trades, and can be considered to be the defensive counterpart of Troubadours. Now in Classic Mode, if you're using one, you might just consider investing in their buffs.

In Story Mode, that is actually a really bad idea. Arianna's buffs will have a miniscule effect at this point, and we're limited to 3 party members at the moment. What you want to do instead is invest in Link Order. It's skill that needs a certain condition fulfilled in order to activate. In this case, it's a delayed nuke. Arianna targets a single enemy. If that enemy gets targeted with an elemental attack (and doesn't miss), Arianna will then attack with whatever element the target got hit with. (So a fire attack will cause the nuke from Link Order to be Fire as well.) It runs off of Arianna's TEC stat, so she can deal a fairly decent amount of damage with it. That's also why I recommended you unlock the Fafnir's Sabres right away. Link Order is meant to combo with his elementals.

Let's talk about Flavio. Like he said before, he already invested a skill point into Bow Mastery, which is a nice touch. Flavio is a Survivalist, which is a ranged attacker and support. Right now, he's should be used as a mix of both, but you should kind of prioritize his support a bit more. As a Bow user, his attacks deal Stab damage and run off the AGI stat. And he has a pretty high one, so he's one of our fastest (and most evasive) party members.

I leveled up Bow Mastery to 3 to unlock those skills. They can inflict ailments, which is really good for disabling enemies and making your life a whole lot easier.

Oh, and one other thing. If you leave the game alone for a while, the characters will start up a conversation depending on where you are. Those conversations are audio only, but I decided to transcribe them here. Here's one of them while you're only a 3 man party on this mission.

This is pretty nerve wracking. This may be just the first floor, but it seems dangerous here.
Let's brace ourselves, and-
My, what could that be?
Naaghh! Don't wander off on your own!

Now let's get on with the game.

Ah, so she really likes treasure, huh? I think we'll get along just fine.

Yes, I've heard that these are scattered here and there in the Labyrinth. What should we do? Open it?

You see nothing preventing you from opening this treasure box found deep within the Labyrinth if you like.

And we get ourselves another Nectar!

Shortly afterwards, I get into a battle. Anyways, like I said. Knight cannot use Force just yet, so he can't really do much.

On the other hand, Arianna can, which gives the other two party members a bit of an edge over Knight. Anyways, when the Force Gauge at the bottom is full, your party members can use Force Boosts. Those are passive abilities that are active for 3 turns and don't take a turn to use up. Arianna's is Victory Vow, which makes her Order skills (her buffs) AOEs instead of row target, and halves the TP cost. So it essentially quarters the TP cost of her skills, since she doesn't have to cast her skills twice, and it's halved on top of that. While in a Force Boost, you can use a Force Break. A Force Break is an active ability that's fairly powerful, but can only be used once per Labyrinth trip. And it locks you out of using Force Boosts until you return back to town. Arianna's Force Break, Proof of Nobility, restores 40% of the party's max HP and 33% of their max TP when cast. In my opinion, the Sovereign has the worst Force Boost and Break in the whole game. In Classic Mode at least, because this is because this skill is more suited for long fights against tough enemies, but it's easy to end fights fast in Classic mode.

In Story Mode? Ohhhh boy, we're gonna need Arianna's Force Break big time. :smithicide:

Also, a word of warning if you have played EO3, Sovereigns are no longer a front line class. Despite the fact that they can wear heavy armor, their VIT took a huge drop, so they don't handle being on the front lines well. Heck, there's no benefit to putting them there at all. I'm only leaving Arianna up there for now, since I don't want Knight tanking all the damage.

Oh and another thing EO2U added. It let's you see what ailments and stuff like that are effective on enemies. And the game will also kindly tell you what damage types are effective or not. Concentric circles means that enemy is weak to it. A circle means they are neutral to it. Triangles means they are resistant to it. And Xs means they're immune, don't bother with that. Another thing that's new is that you can see what buffs and debuffs an enemy has. About time. Anyways, I handle this battle pretty easily. I won't be going into too much detail on battles.

Oh? What a healthy dog. And such a fine coat on him... Could he be someone's pet?
Yikes... He looks more like a wolf than a dog. You don't think he's scary...?

Sir Knight... Are you uneasy around such beasts?
Have no fears. I assure you that this fine animal means us no harm.

Arianna, who seems to have taken quite a fancy to the beast, reaches out and gently pats its head...

The moment the woman speaks the beast's name, it makes a nodding motion, just as a person would.

I think you're right about that.

The woman continues to gaze at the beast, who is still staring at you. Eventually, she reluctantly stands back up.

We must be on our way. Farewell, Wulfgar.

After watching the woman wave goodbye, you decide to return to the task at hand.

Though you had forged onward, you turn around to see that the animal from earlier is not far behind you.

How curious. Could he be mistaking us for his owner?

He must be out for a walk.
A walk? That sounds heavenly... I myself enjoy a good stroll.
Why, were we not in the midst of an important mission, I would have joined him gladly.

Well then, shall we plough on?

You nod to Flavio, and then turn back towards the path leading deeper into the Labyrinth.

The three of you are at a loss at the sudden turn of events, and can only brace for its impact, when--

H-Holy--! Wait... Did that beast... help us?

Beasts? Helping people? Nah, that's impossible.

Maybe he thought it was food?
Well, naturally one cannot fight on an empty stomach. Thus did Wulfgar attack the fiend! It's only sensible!
Sorry to butt in on your little chat, but we'd better get our weapons out.

Flavio speaks the truth; the monster that tried to attack you has called its allies, and they are closing in! There is no escaping this! Take up your arms and defeat the monsters!

Wh-What the...!?
Are you perhaps going to fight at our side, Wulfgar?
......!
Just so, then! Let us do this together!
Wait, what!? Can this mutt fight!?
Who cares, there's no time to hesitate! We're counting on you, boy!

One important skill, which restores HP, is called Lick Wounds. Use Wulfgar to the fullest during battle.

So EO2U makes use of something introduced in EO4. Guests. Guests are NPCs who will join the party for a short amount of time, and are fully controllable. Only Story Mode gets Wulfgar to use as a guest because they're stuck with 3 party members. Classic Mode doesn't get such a benefit.

Anyways, now that we have Wulfgar, let's move Arianna to the back.

This is the only time you can use Beasts in Story Mode, as they cannot be reclassed into. Anyways, Wulfgar is a pretty strong party member. He can deal a decent amount of damage with Tiger Blow and Comet Drop, while being able to protect everyone else from harm with Protect and Hit-Taker. He can also heal others with Lick Wounds. Their Force Boost is Desperation, which triples their max HP. Their Force Break is True Endurance, which forces them to shield other party members and take all damage dealt that turn in their place, however they can't die from it. Then they unleash a powerful Bash attack to all enemies afterwards, dealing more damage the more damage they took.

Oh, and before I forget. Flavio's Force Boost is Illusion Step. It massively increases his evasion, and adds an extra attack that chases his attacks. The damage output of the chaser increases with his level. His Force Break is Summer Rain, which attacks all enemies on the field with Stab damage up to 16 times, but he's limited to attacking the same target 4 times. It's our only panic button at this point, but it's a pretty strong one.

Since Wulfgar is level 12, the fight ended quickly. Guests do not earn exp. They're stuck at the level they're at.

Seriously... We wouldn't have made it out of that alive if not for this mutt.

It was two Hedgehogs. We did not get blindsided. You had Summer Rain available. I think we would have been fine.

You're quite strong.

What, with you being level 12 and all.

Whether the black-furred beast grasps your words or not, his tail wags as if congratulating you on the battle. Even after you have given him your thanks, the beast continues to follow you as before. It seems he will be accompanying you for the time being. You accept Wulfgar as a companion and return to your investigation of the forest.

The young man who had been scouting ahead motions you over to his side.

There's something hanging from this tree... I think it's a whip.

What Flavio points to seems like a vine at first, but then you make out the whip tangled in the branches.

Oh my... Whoever lost this must have been exceedingly tall.
What kind of person is over ten feet tall!? There's a scary thought...!

You can try and recover the whip or ignore it and continue on your investigation.

Let's pull on the whip.

Hmm. Might as well try, I suppose!

Sure that you can recover the whip with a good, sharp tug, you begin pulling on it with all your might. Though your muscles strain, the whip itself is elastic and the supple branch bends as well. It remains firmly in place.

Hmm... This isn't going to work. We need a better plan.

It seems that you will not retrieve the whip in this way. You must come up with another idea...

Okay fine, let's climb up the tree.

Flavio is normally the correct answer for this, but...

Let's send up Wulfgar instead! :haw:

Uh, maybe if he was a cat, but... This might be too much for Wulfgar.

Flavio's words spur Wulfgar to back away from the tree a bit before darting up the trunk with tremendous leg strength!

Your lack of faith disappoints me, Flavio. :colbert:

Good job, Flavio. You've angered Wulfgar.

Th-That was amazing...

Thank you, Wulfgar. You are quite adept with your paws to untangle such a snarled whip.

You fool! Don't boost his ego!

Don't get cocky over this.

Wulfgar's expression is calm even after hearing your taunt. You feel as though you've lost this battle...

Darn. Foiled by a wolf.

Yet the whip he so skillfully retrieved is damaged and unusable...
Well, it could come in handy for something. Why not hold onto it?

You stow the whip in your pack before continuing on with your exploration.

There's a Dark Hunter in the bar that you can return this to for a reward.

Oh? What's the matter, Wulfgar?
Looks like he's stopped following us.

He must love going on walks.

Walks are fun.
The Yggdrasil Labyrinth is a lovely place, after all.
It's also very dangerous. If he's going back in there, I hope he'll stay alive to help us again.
I feel certain he'll lend a hand again, should our paths cross. He did aid us last time without being asked.
That's true. He did help us out on his own... That's a cheering thought.

Well, I think that's enough for now. We'll finish that mission up next time.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 18, 2015

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I should note two things about Fetus's maps:

a) Importing maps from NG+ resets discovered tiles. Even if you have a complete map, you still have to walk over the appropriate spots to see FOEs on it.
b) If you see any bits on Fetus's maps that aren't on mine, those are extra areas that'll come into play much, much later.

Also, here's a preview of update 11:

Rea fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 18, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Forgot the Ariadne Thread, or overestimated Ranger?

Also despite Wulfgar being a cool wolf, Beasts can't unravel that whip in Classic Mode. But, Survivalists can.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Forgot the Ariadne Thread, or overestimated Ranger?

The former. :v:

The most insulting part is I actually checked my inventory before leaving for the Labyrinth to see if I had an Ariadne Thread but somehow didn't catch that I didn't loving have one.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

I have no idea how you can update a Miiverse screenshot LP so fast. It must be a ton of work.

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you played EO2, you might notice that they're giving all the NPCs names this time. EOU didn't even do that.

Not even EO4 does it. The Count is just The Outland Count, and the Guildmaster is just, well, Guildmaster.

The Count's dog is named Margarita though.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Tyty posted:

Not even EO4 does it. The Count is just The Outland Count, and the Guildmaster is just, well, Guildmaster.

The Count's dog is named Margarita though.

In some ways, EOU was actually worse about giving you names than EO1 was. At least the Talk option for the bar says "Talk to Valerie, the bartender." (or something along those lines), and the Talk option at Radha Hall says "Talk to Subaltern Quinn." EOU didn't have either of those, and I think the only time Valerie's name is brought up is when Shilleka talks about her.

The EOU/EO2U artbook gives names for the EOU NPCs (aside from the girl whose father went missing in the Labyrinth, who just has a sketch of an older version of herself as a Protector): "Arei" for the innkeeper, and "Ganryu" for the guildmaster. Worth noting that it also writes Visil's name as "Vizurr" and Quinn's as "Orelus," and gives Valerie "Sakuya," though. :v:

For the record, EO2U NPC names according to the artbook:
* Hannah -> Hanna
* Kuona -> Quona
* Eclair -> Abigail
* Antonio -> Cass
* Marion's is the same
* Dunford -> Dubois
* Kurogane -> Wulfgar

And it calls Dr. Hoffman "Professor of the Midgard." At least it doesn't translate Hrothgar's name as Flausgul like EO2 did.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tyty posted:

I have no idea how you can update a Miiverse screenshot LP so fast. It must be a ton of work.

It's far more tedious than that other LP, but oddly enough, it takes far less time to crank out an update here than in that other LP I'm doing. I can usually crank out a EO2U Story Mode update in a few hours. Updates for that other LP takes me several days after I get done with recording. Then again, I'm barely covering gameplay stuff here, which tends to take a lot of time for me to cover in that other LP. And it's mostly just transcribing here, which only takes me a few seconds to do. I might have another update out by tomorrow.

I still don't recommend trying out a Miiverse screenshot LP at all. EO has broke me, so I'm already kind of a masochist and can kind of handle it. :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

moe.png

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr. Fetus posted:

This is the only time you can use Beasts in Story Mode, as they cannot be reclassed into.

Worst part of story mode! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Made weirder by the fact that Wulfgar is in the opening video with the Story party.

• Locked thread