Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I went to the trouble of getting them and honestly they're pretty boring though they do foreshadow the whole betrayal thing he's planning a slight bit more so don't feel too bad if you miss them, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're playing Xenoblade Chronicles X wrong if you're not putting Force Awakens spoilers in your online greeting.

It's not even a surprising spoiler, like I saw the spoiler and went "Yup, makes sense" and didn't give a poo poo.

Offtopic: but the movie wasn't bad. I don't know yet how good it is, but it's got all the usual JJ Abrams problems with it, to the surprise of no one.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I'm not sure if people know, but you can get your Skells inside places they aren't supposed to be by entering combat inside, telling your team to get in their Skells, then Assemble on you. They'll basically teleport inside, in the Skells.

You can drop combat and repeat the process with a different leader to get everyone inside.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I found an amazing guide for the lobsters:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kU7nCw-ZWEuGDq9lPZEYCLm2F4UjKx8aRNFIlbbf3-k/pub

way better than that poo poo in the prima guide with pictures for ants.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Lao is the most one-dimensional generic "tourtured past looking to right wrongs" emo character in the entire game. He's like the Shinji of Xenoblade. The saddest weeping goon.

Or, he's like the character that people on GameFaqs say they identify with the most, with his generic, brooding, loner behavior.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lao wears very tight pants.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

chumbler posted:

Lao wears very tight pants.

he doesn't even have a bulging package

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Lao is the most one-dimensional generic "tourtured past looking to right wrongs" emo character in the entire game. He's like the Shinji of Xenoblade. The saddest weeping goon.

Or, he's like the character that people on GameFaqs say they identify with the most, with his generic, brooding, loner behavior.

I feel bad for him but I sure as gently caress can't process what the hell he was thinking I mean your wife and little girl die as the result of loving squabbling aliens wrecking earth up, granted there was some bad poo poo done by douche-y world leaders who decided of course all their friends and family would survive but gently caress everyone else who wasn't "useful", but that don't change the fact that goddamn aliens blowed up your baby girl and wife and then you SIDED WITH THEM. What the gently caress, Lao.

Also while we're talking about story poo poo did anyone else notice Earth was "swallowed in a white light" much like many of the alien races mention how THEY arrived on Mira, "a flash of white light" a "white light in space" and then poof they were on this weird planet? Something tells me Earth isn't gone at all, and there sssssomething bigger and crazier happening.

Oh and I don't think we have a clue who was fighting the Ganglion in the opening scene with the two fleets going at it do we?

Not to mention why the gently caress on Mira everyone magically speaks each other's language "your nopon is flawless, friends!" "whatcha' mean we're talking in nopon"

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 18, 2015

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Zombie Defiler posted:

Oh and I don't think we have a clue who was fighting the Ganglion in the opening scene with the two fleets going at it do we?

They said Earth was caught up in a war between two alien races. I assume the Ganglion were successful and wiped out that other race.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Man chapter 10 wishes it were chapter 8, lame

Zombie Defiler posted:

I feel bad for him but I sure as gently caress can't process what the hell he was thinking I mean your wife and little girl die as the result of loving squabbling aliens wrecking earth up, granted there was some bad poo poo done by douche-y world leaders who decided of course all their friends and family would survive but gently caress everyone else who wasn't "useful", but that don't change the fact that goddamn aliens blowed up your baby girl and wife and then you SIDED WITH THEM. What the gently caress, Lao.

Also while we're talking about story poo poo did anyone else notice Earth was "swallowed in a white light" much like many of the alien races mention how THEY arrived on Mira, "a flash of white light" a "white light in space" and then poof they were on this weird planet? Something tells me Earth isn't gone at all, and there sssssomething bigger and crazier happening.

To be fair there were two alien factions at war there and he's got a kind of nihilistic gently caress everything mentality I gue-nah he's dumb I don't know why I'm trying to defend one shallow character among a shallow sea of them. Mira is a more interesting character than any of these bozos

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Going for those last couple levels to 30 before getting my skell and man, it is a sweet feeling to take out grexes 12 levels higher than me with my buddy Ramjet

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Alxprit posted:

They said Earth was caught up in a war between two alien races. I assume the Ganglion were successful and wiped out that other race.

Except the ones who knock the White Whale onto Mira are the purplemans who were beating the poo poo out of the Ganglion in the intro. If you have the "Luxxar's Ship" Figurine you can identify which race is which in that space fight.
You even see the purplemans wrecking up some Galdrs.

The intro even gives you a sneaky peek at Elma's Ares

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 18, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Alxprit posted:

This is kind of a silly assumption to make given how fiction tends to work

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What do you use to increase skell art accuracy?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
is there a list of all the super weapon locations?

I wanna get that Six Gun thing and oneshot the Milesaurs.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PRADA SLUT posted:

What do you use to increase skell art accuracy?
Augments. Those 27-30 slots aren't going to create and fill themselves.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

zedprime posted:

Augments. Those 27-30 slots aren't going to create and fill themselves.

I mean which augment.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zombie Defiler posted:

Not to mention why the gently caress on Mira everyone magically speaks each other's language "your nopon is flawless, friends!" "whatcha' mean we're talking in nopon"

The planet is translating for them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question for the post game Is there a way to get Lao back? He kinda washed up on the shore and woke up with someone(??) at his side so not sure if that's a cliffhanger or a hint

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PRADA SLUT posted:

I mean which augment.
Skell weapon augments - stats - melee or ranged accuracy depending which type of art you are interested in.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PRADA SLUT posted:

I mean which augment.

There are four

One increases melee accuracy by a flat amount, the other increases it by a %.

Range has the same set of augments, which one you need depends on if the ability is melee or ranged.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
How do you determine if a skell art is melee or ranged? Just look at it and guess?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Taint Reaper posted:

There are four

One increases melee accuracy by a flat amount, the other increases it by a %.

Range has the same set of augments, which one you need depends on if the ability is melee or ranged.
Oh right there are frame augments for the % boost. But IIRC aren't they more complicated to craft than just pig butts for the flat accuracy increase for weapon augments?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

How do you determine if a skell art is melee or ranged? Just look at it and guess?

Brown is melee, Yellow is ranged, same as normal arts

Also when you're switching out skell gear, you can press R to toggle between a thing's stats and art

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I can't believe I didn't make that connection. Must have been distracted by the man-rear end poster in my barracks.

Are any other colors affected by them? Purple for Phoenix, for instance?

edit: One more thing, is accuracy flat bonus a percentage number, or is it some other hit calculation like in WoW?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 18, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PRADA SLUT posted:

I can't believe I didn't make that connection. Must have been distracted by the man-rear end poster in my barracks.

Are any other colors affected by them? Purple for Phoenix, for instance?
Purple is a dick that hides it from easy telling at a glance, but melee is generally all named for a real infantry weapon and the animation is always literally whacking things with it. So on that basis, the Phoenix is ranged.

E.

PRADA SLUT posted:

edit: One more thing, is accuracy flat bonus a percentage number, or is it some other hit calculation like in WoW?
Both types affect your accuracy stat for your skell, which must mean something but we may never know what. One weapon accuracy XX augment seems to keep my Amdusias from getting chumped by stuff 15-20 levels above me.

E2 maybe someone knows exactly what but character levels count for the weirdest poo poo, like having an effect on skell effective accuracy and defense, because sticking level 60 dudes in level 30 skells lets them survive at least a few hits against xe-doms that would just ace them earlier.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 18, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just finished chapter five and got a couple of quests I'm supposed to turn in our meet somebody on the Man-on ship. Uh, how the gently caress do I get in there?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Yeah baby, taking the prototype flight pack for a test-run and I'm officially the first BLADE to reach the top of Talon Ro-

:stare:

greatn posted:

I just finished chapter five and got a couple of quests I'm supposed to turn in our meet somebody on the Man-on ship. Uh, how the gently caress do I get in there?

There's a teleport pad beside the entrance to BLADE Tower.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I noticed one ACC XX helped immensely, I was only missing +30 levels during enrage, and even then it wasn't major. I put it another and it basically negated miss.

Do your skills like +damage or %element apply to a skell you're piloting?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 18, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Question for the post game Is there a way to get Lao back? He kinda washed up on the shore and woke up with someone(??) at his side so not sure if that's a cliffhanger or a hint

nope, pretty sure that's just a sequel hook.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

I noticed one ACC XX helped immensely, I was only missing +30 levels during enrage, and even then it wasn't major. I put it another and it basically negated miss.

Do your skills like +damage or %element apply to a skell you're piloting?

Only _____ Drive abilities affect skells, they're the main gimmick of the skell wear armor sets

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
So after I asked if I could beeline the end of the story, I went ahead and dicked around and did a bunch of missions and more exploration because that's what this game is apparently about for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What do I need to do next to recruit the Wrothians? I've done the first mission of poking around their wrecked Skells (Prosepective Partners)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

bloodychill posted:

So after I asked if I could beeline the end of the story, I went ahead and dicked around and did a bunch of missions and more exploration because that's what this game is apparently about for me.

yeah it owns like that

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What do I need to do next to recruit the Wrothians? I've done the first mission of poking around their wrecked Skells (Prosepective Partners)

Next story chapter, different affinity mission. A New Challenger or something, should be in the barracks IIRC.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lessail posted:

yeah it owns like that

Hell yes it does.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinity Gaia posted:

Next story chapter, different affinity mission. A New Challenger or something, should be in the barracks IIRC.

Ah, I wondered if that was it.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Looper posted:

Only _____ Drive abilities affect skells, they're the main gimmick of the skell wear armor sets

I'm wondering if any of the class skills affect skells at all, aside from the two that the bottom row offers. I know the normal equipment bonuses, but are the class skils strictly only applicable to ground, aside from those two (the one that gives you GP when entering with TP, the other that passively increases your skell poo poo, and that one art that heals)?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

PRADA SLUT posted:

I'm wondering if any of the class skills affect skells at all, aside from the two that the bottom row offers. I know the normal equipment bonuses, but are the class skils strictly only applicable to ground, aside from those two (the one that gives you GP when entering with TP, the other that passively increases your skell poo poo, and that one art that heals)?

Someone tested it and found the beam damage skill didn't affect skell combat unfortunately, leaving the player with a very small number of skell-focused skills. This is probably a ok though since the main progression for skell combat is building weapons, gathering parts, building a skell pilot suit, and doing augment stuff, which is a fair bit of stuff. Considering the sheer number of skell augment slots with pilot suit included, it's a pretty huge chunk of customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I get the feeling that Orphie mutate to better fit in with whatever species they live among as the reason why there are suddenly more aggressive and even female variants of their species in one division generation. Finally, Orphies can join the ladies pool party in the residential district!

Are there any go to augements for 50 skells to make them more effective against the 60 plus monsters without finishing the game and grinding out a 60 or Ares?

• Locked thread