Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Pook Good Mook posted:

pretty well developed ally.

güat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
lol both those fuckers are going to be granted house arrest and they'll spend the rest of their years living comfortably in their mansions

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Uruguay is in pretty good shape. Hell they only have like 2 million citizens.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

lol both those fuckers are going to be granted house arrest and they'll spend the rest of their years living comfortably in their mansions

And without paying 20M like Naput.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

El Hefe posted:

but but but Rico

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

Uruguay is in pretty good shape. Hell they only have like 2 million citizens.

More like 3.3 million and as one of them who is actually living here I can assure you this country is dirty as gently caress. They only want him here because they can use him to attack Fox Sports and Full Play and declare some TV contracts null so a local businessman can try and get them.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Blue Star Error posted:

but but but Rico

As I said, he probably cut a sweet deal to roll on his superiors.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

As I said, he probably cut a sweet deal to roll on his superiors.

Who are his superiors? Wasn't he the head man or vice head man of South America?

Good on USA for cleaning up South America but its looking increasingly likely that Blatter and his power base in Africa and Asia avoided using US banks for their dodgy deals and are untouchable.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error posted:

but but but Rico

Yes he'll be there doing the garden.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Blue Star Error posted:

Who are his superiors? Wasn't he the head man or vice head man of South America?

Good on USA for cleaning up South America but its looking increasingly likely that Blatter and his power base in Africa and Asia avoided using US banks for their dodgy deals and are untouchable.

They want Platini, Valcke, Blatter, etc.

I'll bet you most of them weren't smart enough to not go through American banks, but who knows? Most of these guys are terrible criminals who never actually had to hide the things they did very hard because of the government positions they hold.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

They want the 2018 World Cup

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

2022 Wold Cup. :eng101:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

They want Platini, Valcke, Blatter, etc.

I'll bet you most of them weren't smart enough to not go through American banks, but who knows? Most of these guys are terrible criminals who never actually had to hide the things they did very hard because of the government positions they hold.

Look up how SWIFT works it is impossible to do any banking in basically any country with electricity without US jurisdiction

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

African AIDS cum posted:

Look up how SWIFT works it is impossible to do any banking in basically any country with electricity without US jurisdiction

theres plenty of banking transactions that dont go through swift, although not of particularly high value

but then a lot of bribes were in cash anyway so whatever

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Fifa have confirmed that both Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have been banned from all football-related activities for 8 years with immediate effect.

In a statement, Fifa confirmed that "The proceedings against Mr Blatter primarily related to a payment of CHF 2,000,000 (£1.34m) transferred in February 2011 from FIFA to Mr Platini.

"Mr Blatter, in his position as President of FIFA, authorised the payment to Mr Platini which had no legal basis in the written agreement signed between both officials on 25 August 1999.

"Neither in his written statement nor in his personal hearing was Mr Blatter able to demonstrate another legal basis for this payment. His assertion of an oral agreement was determined as not convincing and was rejected by the chamber."

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Machinegunboyo posted:

Fifa have confirmed that both Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have been banned from all football-related activities for 8 years with immediate effect.

In a statement, Fifa confirmed that "The proceedings against Mr Blatter primarily related to a payment of CHF 2,000,000 (£1.34m) transferred in February 2011 from FIFA to Mr Platini.

"Mr Blatter, in his position as President of FIFA, authorised the payment to Mr Platini which had no legal basis in the written agreement signed between both officials on 25 August 1999.

"Neither in his written statement nor in his personal hearing was Mr Blatter able to demonstrate another legal basis for this payment. His assertion of an oral agreement was determined as not convincing and was rejected by the chamber."

Yes, yes, yes!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Wait, didn't Sepp say yesterday that he would be cleared? THAT MAN NEVER LIES

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Crazy Ted posted:

Wait, didn't Sepp say yesterday that he would be cleared? THAT MAN NEVER LIES

Blatter is going to give a press conference at 10:00 GMT

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Machinegunboyo posted:

Blatter is going to give a press conference at 10:00 GMT

Lmao this will be great

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Machinegunboyo posted:

Fifa can still expand that ban from "8 years" to "for life" fyi, i guess Blatter goes to FIFA HQ to secure his revenge against Platini, if nothing else.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
A BBC link to Blatter's conference if anyone is interested:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/34413906

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

"I'm not saying I am just like Nelson Mandela, thats for other people to say"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Blue Star Error posted:

"I'm not saying I am just like Nelson Mandela, thats for other people to say"
Summary of events so far: HUMANITY HUMANITY HUMANITY HUMANITY HUMAN THOUGHT NELSON MANDELA

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"I'm sorry that I am a punching ball"

lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Machinegunboyo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIVy5XdQhOM

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ah so it was all legal because even though Platini left FIFA in 2002, he had an "oral contract" with FIFA that was never officially terminated. So he was paid nine years after he left for work he wasn't doing. Seems legit

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
"Platini is an expensive man" - Blatter
hahahahahahaha

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PlantHead posted:

Platini is an expensive man
hahahahahahaha
This is a very good press conference

quote:

“You can identify me as an optimist. We thought we had convinced the panel about the situation, the payment between the Fifa president and Michel Platini of an ongoing contract that was never terminated. We thought we were in the clear. We are in a so-called gentleman’s agreement. This was made in 98 just after the World Cup when Playini approached me and said he would like to work for Fifa. he said ‘I am a very expensive man’ . I said that’s Ok we cannot pay you now, we will pay you later. What astonished me is that they [Fifa ethics committee] deny the existence of this agreement.”

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "I made a donation to Platini"

Sepp's out of his mind

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Nice meltdown Sepp

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
Is he being serious when he talks about giving a gift?
I have no idea what he is going on about, this is a really rambling press conference.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

PlantHead posted:

Is he being serious when he talks about giving a gift?
I have no idea what he is going on about, this is a really rambling press conference.

Yeah I dunno if its because he's doing it off the cuff in a second language but I'm a bit lost tbh

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'm digging Sepp's gray 5 o'clock shadow

"In order to be suspended for eight years, you must have done something very, very, very important." Like pay a guy two million Francs nine years after he stopped working for you.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
It seems he's under the assumption that most people are sympathetic to his plight? Bit strange all this.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sepp I don't think charters from the UN and the Olympics apply here.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Behold! A man spiralling away from sanity!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Man who gave world cups to Russia and Qatar talking about human rights

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Machinegunboyo posted:

It seems he's under the assumption that most people are sympathetic to his plight? Bit strange all this.

Journo's have been saying for ages that he legitimately seems to think that he's universally loved by the common people, and whenever anyone suggests anything to the contrary he just ignores them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Elliptical Dick posted:

Behold! A man spiralling away from sanity!
PEOPLE are being MOCKED

MOCKED!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'm loving this.