Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Hauki posted:

If you posted above and didn't get an invite to goon guild it's because you're in another guild already

Nah, it's because I already invited them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

Hamburger Test posted:

The levelling tree has not been updated and is literally impossible since there are disconnected notes a couple of places half the tree is dicsonnected.

Ah thank you I didn't catch that, I assume that means the regular version is up to date and good to go?

edit: I was told his build was the better choice over Liftingnerds but I know not nearly enough to judge that for myself.

az fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 18, 2015

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
GGG changed my name to BeNiceToMuslims. Now I can still get my point accross without offending all you PC babies. lmao

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

MannersPlease posted:

GGG changed my name to BeNiceToMuslims. Now I can still get my point accross without offending all you PC babies. lmao

Make a gimmick Cast On Death build and crash pub parties.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MannersPlease posted:

I think our point is less that we're offended and more that you're really dumb.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Katasi posted:

Nah, it's because I already invited them.

There were a couple that had been skipped over so I just went back through them all for the last couple pages to doublecheck.
It was just a way of saying if you got skipped, try again.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

TheRat posted:

I think our point is less that we're offended and more that you're really dumb.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

MannersPlease posted:

Offensive names in videogames is kind of a goon national sport, most don't throw a tantrum when it gets changed though.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
What kind of point would you get across with a racist nickname in diablo 2 2? i dont actually want to know im just figuring

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

az posted:

Ah thank you I didn't catch that, I assume that means the regular version is up to date and good to go?

edit: I was told his build was the better choice over Liftingnerds but I know not nearly enough to judge that for myself.

He picks a 10% projectile speed, 6% projectile damage node over a 10% damage, and there's also a seemingly random 8% mana node. Both of those choices are minor, but seem bad on the surface. Other than that, the biggest difference is that he doesn't take Phase Acro which is a considerable investment, but also really nice.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

az posted:

I've been following Neversink's build (the new version obviously) and apart from a couple of gear related hicups towards the end of merciless, it's been a pretty smooth ride. I just looked at the old levelling trees and tried to follow it roughly. Honestly at low levels it doens't make that much difference which nodes you get first because you are leveling so fast and once you are higher you should have some more idea what would be good.

FWIW I went east from Ranger and got the bow area, then down south to the big crit node, then did acrobatics around 35 ish I think, the up to the Revenge of the Hunted life, went south west towards Duellist for the life, then Phase Acro and up to shadow for the life and crit. Doubtless I could have done it slightly more optimal but it's worked plenty good enough.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I would recommend holding off on crit nodes, since you can't be sure to have a good levelling bow with a good crit chance and it doesn't scale amazingly before you have a lot of it whereas the physical wheel to the east will give you a ton of damage no matter what.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Hauki posted:

There were a couple that had been skipped over so I just went back through them all for the last couple pages to doublecheck.
It was just a way of saying if you got skipped, try again.

Oh fair enough, I didn't catch that.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
Can I get a guild invite? Character name is KoolTal

Blue Waffles
Mar 18, 2008

セイバー
Hi, can I get an invite to the guild? Character name is Ectofox.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What are some good auras self-buffs for a Marauder using Cyclone linked with the Blood Magic gem? I want to leave a little bit of mana left over to summon golems and poo poo. Running Herald of Ash and Determination right now.

EDIT: Herald of Ash isn't an aura :downs:

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 18, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Summon your golems on CWDT.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Vasudus posted:

Summon your golems on CWDT.
Ehhh, I'm also using Decoy Totem some and CWDT doesn't work with that, so I still need some mana around.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

StoryTime posted:

Make a gimmick Cast On Death build and crash pub parties.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
So I've found that pubbies will buy Blood Magic gems for 1 alch like they are hotcakes. I can buy them from the shop for 1 chance, and thought this was a great way to get something reliably useful from chance orbs. Sadly I ran out of chance orbs, so I decide to post an add looking to buy some at 2 per alch. Some guy whispered me offering me 32 for 12, then when I accepted he promptly sold me 62 instead :catstare:

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 18, 2015

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Hey, can i get an invite for Firebatsomething

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Keep it. It'll be worth more as the league goes onward.

Pretty sure exalts drop in price once they peak. I'd sell it right now for 60c that sounds about as high as it's going to get.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

Pretty sure exalts drop in price once they peak. I'd sell it right now for 60c that sounds about as high as it's going to get.

Yeah but won't you be able to buy more poo poo with an exalt as the league goes forward and there's actually more than a handful of good uniques/rares floating around.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

It's less the orb value of exalt going up and more the value of items coming down later on.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
So I currently have a scion with a tree that looks like this. The idea was just to grab all the potent area of effect and skill duration nodes around the strength/intelligence area, and it wound up with a lot of life and mana regen, dual cursing and curse effectiveness as a side bonus.

I'm using Abyssal Cry, Contagion and Essence drain right now, but I'm wondering if there are any other interesting builds that follow the same skeleton. Firestorm is all that I can immediately think of.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some level 35ish weapons dropped that have 6 sockets, but only have 3-4 links. Are they worth anything, or should I just get rid of them? The loot filter made a big deal of them, so I've kept them in my inventory for now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You can sell them to the vendor for 7 jewellers.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Bardeh posted:

Some level 35ish weapons dropped that have 6 sockets, but only have 3-4 links. Are they worth anything, or should I just get rid of them? The loot filter made a big deal of them, so I've kept them in my inventory for now.

Just sell them for jewelers.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks guys, done. I've got a few uniques sitting around too, I guess I should try and figure out this poe.trade stuff at some point too.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I would like an invite for AVERAGEPUB if there is room please.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What are some good auras self-buffs for a Marauder using Cyclone linked with the Blood Magic gem? I want to leave a little bit of mana left over to summon golems and poo poo. Running Herald of Ash and Determination right now.

EDIT: Herald of Ash isn't an aura :downs:
As Cyclone I would consider Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor, reserving 100% of your mana. AA doesn't do much while you're moving but the slow is actually really nice.

4 link somewhere with like Enduring Cry + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Golem, OR put it on your CWDT setup in place of a curse; CWDT + IC + Duration + Golem/Curse (I like Enfeeble, Temp chains also good)

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Started a Flame Totem Witch on softcore Talisman, IGN Apocopriest if there's room in the guild for me :)

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I just found myself an Alpha's Howl, and wondering what colours to put on it. I'm using Neversink's guide and am currently using Hatred and Herald of Ice. I was thinking a red slot for reduced mana and three green for Hatred, Herald of Ice and Haste?

Also if I could get a guild invite next round, Parysatis.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Pharnakes posted:

I just found myself an Alpha's Howl, and wondering what colours to put on it. I'm using Neversink's guide and am currently using Hatred and Herald of Ice. I was thinking a red slot for reduced mana and three green for Hatred, Herald of Ice and Haste?

Reduced Mana no longer affects reservations. Enlighten does that role now.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pharnakes posted:

Reduced mana doesn't work on Auras anymore unfortunately. I think I would try and fit another herald in there if you can.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Bugsy posted:

Reduced mana doesn't work on Auras anymore unfortunately. I think I would try and fit another herald in there if you can.

Seems like Heralds don't interact with Alpha's Howl actually.

Is there a calculator somewhere to work out what I can squeeze in there? The link in the OP is dead.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Bugsy posted:

I'm looking forward to being completely underwhelmed by Cameria's Maul + Shattered Chains in a couple levels.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pharnakes posted:

Seems like Heralds don't interact with Alpha's Howl actually.

Is there a calculator somewhere to work out what I can squeeze in there? The link in the OP is dead.

They don't get the +2 level because they don't have the aura tag on them, but they should still benefit from the 8% reduced mana reserved.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Bugsy posted:

They don't get the +2 level because they don't have the aura tag on them, but they should still benefit from the 8% reduced mana reserved.

Going to go with Arctic Armour I think, been looking for a little more survivability anyway. This leaves me just enough mana to fire tornado shot twice :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bugsy posted:

The reduced mana reserved is global though.

• Locked thread