Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm running a good team right now but I can't imagine liking HB for being such a poo poo and Murderess for also being a complete poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just finished Chapter 7 and have put 61 hours into this game and there's still so many missions and affinity quests and I just got Murderess, oh my god this is scary

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

Nagi is the best character in the game, has best conversations. Best party overall for maximum banter is Nagi, HB and Murderess, IMHO.

you messed with the wrong secretary.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm running a good team right now but I can't imagine liking HB for being such a poo poo and Murderess for also being a complete poo poo.

HB is an incredibly lovable smug piece of poo poo, plus he's clearly the best at combat since all his arts are SUPERIOR versions of the normal ones. He also goes valedictorian on some asses.
Murderess I just like because she's so BLATANTLY, OBVIOUSLY evil. Her convos with other characters are all amazing because of it.

Edit: Oh and I'm like 150 hours in and still have fucktons of sidequests to do and haven't even gotten around to beating the game lol

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Things I should really have known by now: if you're in the middle of fighting a group of guys and suddenly a guitar starts wailing, that was your cue to run.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Baal posted:

I just finished Chapter 7 and have put 61 hours into this game and there's still so many missions and affinity quests and I just got Murderess, oh my god this is scary

How the heck do you get her? I'm up to Chapter 10 and still dunno what quest you need for her or that Yelv guy.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Blaine the Train posted:

How the heck do you get her? I'm up to Chapter 10 and still dunno what quest you need for her or that Yelv guy.

Murderess was available in chapter 4, or at least that's when I picked her up. As I recall it was just a map conversation in the hangar. Yelv had a similar thing where you just show up for his quest and take it, though I think he actually had a map spot that you had to interact with.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Blaine the Train posted:

Murderess you get by taking Irina to a AF marker in the Hanger in Admin District. Yelv is in an alley in Commercial.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Murderess you get by taking Irina to a AF marker in the Hanger in Admin District. Yelv is in an alley in Commercial.

Ohhh okay. I haven't used Irina at all, that's probably why I missed it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
What are some good powerlevelling spots to hit 60? I have a Lv50 (Rock me) Amedeus and a good G-Buster/Phoenix Drive, and can create a bunch of Slayer-XX Augs.

3 Theroid, 3 Insectoid, 6 Humanoid, or 4 Mechanoid at the moment. Given those four options, which one should I grab and where should I go? I feel like powerlevelling some teams to/close to 60.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Fhqwhgads posted:

What are some good powerlevelling spots to hit 60? I have a Lv50 (Rock me) Amedeus and a good G-Buster/Phoenix Drive, and can create a bunch of Slayer-XX Augs.

3 Theroid, 3 Insectoid, 6 Humanoid, or 4 Mechanoid at the moment. Given those four options, which one should I grab and where should I go? I feel like powerlevelling some teams to/close to 60.
Load up the insectoid and find a blatta spot. There's one somewhere in Noctilum with a tyrant named Joker I guess? But I never went looking for that one because I found one in the NLA waters, southwest of the southwestern points of Noctilum.

I think the tyrant one in Noctilum can get you all the way to 60, but if you are doing the island one you'll hit a wall at around 58 because thats what the blattas are so you can run the experience support mission for the last stretch.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
AS FOR BLADE...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
EARTH ALIEN! AH, GOOD QUESTION.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pizza tiiiiiime!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I finally got the elaborate disguise

Now I can finally live the dream of being Class President!

Also to get to 60 just rush joker with orange G-Buster and Orange Phoenix attached to a level 50 mech. You will go up 5-6 levels per round. You will also gain two to three class levels per fight. I'm at 60 with all my classes maxed out.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

:iamafag: Tatsu is here to serve not BE served! :razz:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

SpaceDrake posted:

The vehicle mode controls are kind of goofy, especially since you can't reverse or really brake. You can do SICK DRIFTS, but that doesn't help near a bottomless chasm so much :v:

(it's especially annoying because you can watch an NPC Skell go in reverse near Armory Alley at times :argh: let us do that, game!)

You can totally reverse, i think its ZL, but its total dogshit and i dont know if it even acts as brake as well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tatsu rides with Lin in her mech and they have a bunch of back and forth between them if you stand close to lin. She has a whole conversation about Tatsu accidently pushing the eject button when he opened his lunchbox. That's her eject phrase.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The brake is the jump button, because while there's no free way to lose all vehicle mode momentum in a short area, jumping at least lets you 360 in place or away from the death pit/tyrant/pack of small poo poo that can get run over and stick you in combat for too long.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bloodychill posted:

AS FOR BLADE...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bloodychill posted:

AS FOR BLADE...

it's loving Izzy from Digimon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you want to deactivate flight mode and free-fall, press ZL + ZR at the same time while airborne.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It's pretty funny that half the dialogue options in the flight test are complaining about the lovely controls.

Is the Phoenix thing a level 50 weapon? The flying song keeps telling me to come to the dance with firebird, so, I figured I should heed that, because tonight it's ride or die.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

zedprime posted:

Load up the insectoid and find a blatta spot. There's one somewhere in Noctilum with a tyrant named Joker I guess? But I never went looking for that one because I found one in the NLA waters, southwest of the southwestern points of Noctilum.

I think the tyrant one in Noctilum can get you all the way to 60, but if you are doing the island one you'll hit a wall at around 58 because thats what the blattas are so you can run the experience support mission for the last stretch.

So uh, I don't think there's a :stare: big enough for what happens when you unload a Phoenix with a bunch of insectoid slayer XX's into the middle of that plant...

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Well, I guess I should have done chapter 7 earlier instead of loving around with sidequests for so long. The boss was 12 levels lower than me and my opening attack with the scythe took off about 90% of its health

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fhqwhgads posted:

So uh, I don't think there's a :stare: big enough for what happens when you unload a Phoenix with a bunch of insectoid slayer XX's into the middle of that plant...

gently caress that

give everyone in your party a phoenix and unload them all at the same time.

I took out an entire zone and had around 30 dead enemies I had to sort though because they were collateral damage while trying to burn down a tyrant. A Simius and two tree deers were caught in the blast and I didn't even realize it.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 19, 2015

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Just managed to take 610 health bars off of the Global Nemesis solo. Longsword/Dual Guns is pretty good!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Suspicious Cook posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best RPG to ever not have any characters.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Does having a higher level mining probe on a site with actual mining items get you more of those items per cycle? I've been throwing low level mining probes on sites with items since I'm already well past my cap, but will switch them out for higher level ones if it means more of the Ores/Stones/Whatevers per cycle.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Well, I guess I should have done chapter 7 earlier instead of loving around with sidequests for so long. The boss was 12 levels lower than me and my opening attack with the scythe took off about 90% of its health

I was level 35 before I got my skell. I'm so overleveled for story missions it's insane.

I'm still doing all the affinity missions, though...

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
When the heck do you get more research probes? I'm sitting on a jillion mining probes. >:[

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Yeah I know, I made the same choice, I just couldn't resist such an easy joke :v:

On a related note, when I got that quest about rescuing the tree clan guy's son, I already had a bunch of the herbs just from random exploring. Now I wonder if I still would've got the prompt to use them if I hadn't got the info by rescuing the other two guys first?

I saved him first for whatever reason before I got the info, had a literal shitton of them from trying to fill out my collectopedia (seriously, I'm missing maybe 8 items over four continents) and i had it as an option and went "sure!"

Then I did the other two quests and realized that was the one I might have hosed up :ohdear:

zedprime posted:

Joker is level 90, can you really kill him so easily?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 19, 2015

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Blaine the Train posted:

When the heck do you get more research probes? I'm sitting on a jillion mining probes. >:[

Quests and treasure chests are the only way to get probes. Research probes are really rare, though.

Of course, the real question isn't where you get more research probes. It's where do you get more storage probes since it's absurdly easy to get an arrangement of mining probes that fills your storage in one tick making them the real limiting factor in your production. Right now using duplicators, boosters, and chaining all my storage probes efficiently I can store 22650. I earn, through some basic placement and not much optimization, 48000 a tick.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 19, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There are two storage probes in treasure (Mech 5 in Cauldros and..uhh.something in Sylvalum). The rest are from quest rewards (generally Kirsty) and main story progress.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Goddamn Zu Pharg is kicking my rear end, even with two Amadusias and an Urban all loaded for anti-mech warfare :stare:.

What's a good powerlevelling spot/Tyrant to jump from level 39 onwards?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 19, 2015

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Goddamn Zu Pharg is kicking my rear end, even with two Amadusias and an Urban all loaded for anti-mech warfare :stare:.

What's a good powerlevelling spot/Tyrant to jump from level 39 onwards?

Oblivia cliffside camp (has a big tower thing next to the giant pit, north side of the pit) You'll find level 55 mechanoids, level 60 mechanoids,
One hex N then one hex NW of 306.

Should be smooth leveling if you're decked out for anti-mech.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Joker is level 90, can you really kill him so easily?

Joker is a pushover, he is a little dodge-sy though, so prepare accuracy boosts accordingly, or just pop overdrive and crush his guts. I was farming him with an anti-bug level 50 Formula Skell packing an orange phoenix and g-buster.

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 19, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Nagi is the best character in the game, has best conversations. Best party overall for maximum banter is Nagi, HB and Murderess, IMHO.

I've generally enjoyed the various characters, though Phog could use a little bit more. I generally run around with Irina and Elma who talk about going shopping after battles, and if you have a female character with the Major voice Irina makes fun of both you and Elma for being princesses.

Also Doug is great and underappreciated.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

chumbler posted:

I've generally enjoyed the various characters, though Phog could use a little bit more. I generally run around with Irina and Elma who talk about going shopping after battles, and if you have a female character with the Major voice Irina makes fun of both you and Elma for being princesses.

Yeah, in general I like them all so far, they all have something that tends to save them from being completely one-note. Elma is one of the more boring characters but even her H2Hs give her a surprisingly chill image.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Holy poo poo the hexad superweapon from lin's quest is a beast, and it's only the level 30 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

chumbler posted:

Doug is this really friendly guy for 95% of the story that's willing to take any risk and do anything to make people happy until the final chapter where he becomes this stuck up rear end in a top hat for literally no reason. Like it's if they forgot what kind of guy he's supposed to be and didn't want to put it on someone else

• Locked thread