Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

StoryTime posted:

Make a gimmick Cast On Death build and crash pub parties.

This is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

MannersPlease posted:

This is a good idea.

just make sure you're being satirical, wouldn't want anything to think you're a dumbass!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If you wanted a Bino's, better get it soon. Nugi finally switched over to his Poison Prolif build, and it's as hilarious as expected.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I just re plotted my character as a duelist instead of a Templar and his raw stats are better with five less points used...

The Templar is sitting at l54. Do I though it out until the Templar walls or do I just start over?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Mystery Prize posted:

As Cyclone I would consider Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor, reserving 100% of your mana. AA doesn't do much while you're moving but the slow is actually really nice.

4 link somewhere with like Enduring Cry + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Golem, OR put it on your CWDT setup in place of a curse; CWDT + IC + Duration + Golem/Curse (I like Enfeeble, Temp chains also good)
Is there a reason Cyclone builds all seem to recommend Hatred as the elemental damage aura? Anger seems like it'd be more appropriate for a Marauder.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there a reason Cyclone builds all seem to recommend Hatred as the elemental damage aura? Anger seems like it'd be more appropriate for a Marauder.

Hatred scales off your phys damage and anger is flat so lategame you get waaaaay more out of hatred

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Generally speaking you want to scale a lot of elemental melee skills with physical anyway because the elemental part is a percentage of the physical damage.

Builds that revolve around flat elemental damage generally involve very high attack speeds and have completely different passive trees and gear.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

Going to go with Arctic Armour I think, been looking for a little more survivability anyway. This leaves me just enough mana to fire tornado shot twice :v:

Let me know if you want to sell that alphas. Name is playingonmytablet

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Let me know if you want to sell that alphas. Name is playingonmytablet

I'm not super attached to it, but don't really want to sell it for less than an exalt though. Or trade it for a drillneck.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

People requested a short writeup about my groundslammer so here goes:

I wanted to remake Ghudda's RT DW groundslammer, which he shows off in this video.

There's a few changes from back then:

* GS has buit in increased AoE now, so we dont have to path to templar nodes
* Fortify has been added to the game, and its an excellent main skill support together with the fortify nodes on the tree.
* Life leech has been completely reworked and is really really strong even without cherrubim's maleficence
* Bloodrage is phys degen so we can use it for massive attackspeed bonus and frenzy generation
* Frenzy charges have been buffed
* Aura curses have been added, making for better leech, better stun and automatic endurance charge generation

With this in mind, my skilltree looks something like this.

Mainhand weapon is a fast, high physical damage mace. The faster the better. Offhand is Prismatic Eclipse with 2-3 green sockets. I'm currently using 2 because I want a red socket for increased duration. You dont need movement speed on boots, because all your travelling will be done with superfast leapslam. The rest of your gear should just be armour, life, resistances and flat physical damage. You're also gonna need a fair bit of int and dex on gear/the tree.

Links:
Ground slam->Multistrike->Melee phys->Fortify->Increaed AOE
Blood magic->Leap slam->Faster attacks->Enduring Cry
Hatred | Summon Flame Golem->Blind
Blasphemy->Warlords mark
Bloodrage->Vaal haste->Increased Duration

Playstyle is to just leap around like a bunny on aderall and slam the poo poo out of everything.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3i1n2mIpHQ Short gameplay video
E2: I'm also using the new unique jewel that changes GS radius

TheRat fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 19, 2015

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Does anyone have a good build for a voltaxic archer? I ask, because right now, I think voltaxic + poison has a shitload of untapped potential.

Also, who remembers what the price of Voltaxics stabilised at during Awakening/1month? I ask because I'm wondering whether or not to buy voltaxics at 1exalt now, or later. Because later, I suspect some jerk is going to come out with a poison Voltaxic guide, and make the price skyrocket.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1396515 is a solid voltaxic build

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I remember Voltaxics dropping into the range of <30 chaos, although Darkshrine had rampant chaos deflation and crazy endgame loot fountains, so perhaps that's not a good guide

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Phobophilia posted:

Does anyone have a good build for a voltaxic archer? I ask, because right now, I think voltaxic + poison has a shitload of untapped potential.

Also, who remembers what the price of Voltaxics stabilised at during Awakening/1month? I ask because I'm wondering whether or not to buy voltaxics at 1exalt now, or later. Because later, I suspect some jerk is going to come out with a poison Voltaxic guide, and make the price skyrocket.

I'm running LA, and planning on going voltaxic as soon as I can afford one. I was going to wait until it hit 1ex, but since I don't have a pure ex yet and no one wants mixed currency right now, I'm going to wait a little longer.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I hate to be *that guy* asking for pricing advice, but I've never reached endgame and really worried about equipment other than to swap it on and check if my dps goes up. Goons in game assured me this was worth a bit, but I have no idea how much or how to go about selling it if it is.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Pharnakes posted:

I hate to be *that guy* asking for pricing advice, but I've never reached endgame and really worried about equipment other than to swap it on and check if my dps goes up. Goons in game assured me this was worth a bit, but I have no idea how much or how to go about selling it if it is.

What league?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Haha, softcore, I'd last about 5 minutes in HC.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Pharnakes posted:

Haha, softcore, I'd last about 5 minutes in HC.

I'm guessing you mean SC Talisman so here's what I did because like most people I don't know what prices are off the top of my head. The really hard ones are jewels that are dissimilar to other stuff that's listed. Anyway I went to http://poe.trade then for league I put in Talisman (aka SC Talisman), then for type I put ring, then I started adding in mods. Your ring has the highest roll for the elreon mod which is -5 to -8 so I type in "-# mana" and it found the mod which is "-# mana cost to skills" then I clicked add mod and found the NOT implicit mod that says "adds #-# physical damage to attacks". I set the minimum of the elreon mod to 8 because I want to look at only the rings that have 8 like your ring since that is a big factor in pricing these rings. At the bottom I clicked buyout on but left online off because I don't care if they're online right now, I just want to see prices. Here's what came up http://poe.trade/search/atetetamositor

You can see that your ring is a lot better for the physical damage mod but other rings have a good (~30) resist already in there. So then I went back up and changed the 8 minimum on elreon's mod to 7, to see if there is another ring with a physical damage mod as high as yours. Still nothing quite that high, so I looked back at the page with 8 for the minimum. The most expensive one I see is 40c, and that one has less flat phys than yours (remember everything in this game is like multiplicative or some loving math poo poo so a few points matter for flat numbers) BUT it has a good res mod. Still I think res is probably easier to come by than flat phys not to mention you're in SC where survivability isn't as important so yours should be more expensive. Here's where the guessing and "what someone will pay for it" comes in. I'd set it at like 50c or an exalt and lower it by a couple chaos every few days via procurement/acquisition (which are the programs you should set up to sell things). If you follow the above steps you should be able to price most stuff.

edit:

Also can anyone school me a little on when to use EB? I have MoM right now and don't really understand the point of adding in EB. Is it just so you can reserve 100% of mana? Before I do get EB, is there something I need a buttload of? Do I need restless ward (with ZO)? For jewels I should just be getting life and shield right, or is faster energy shield start better? Lastly are those nodes next to EB good? I'm a contagion/ed witch if that helps.

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 19, 2015

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'm about to take on Malachai on HC Talisman. I'm lvl 44, wish me Goon Luck.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Anyone messed around with the buffed melee splash gem yet? Is it good enough to consider using with some previously unused single target skills, or are cyclone/reave/ice crash still just better?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Is there any way to force Masters to spawn before you have a hideout? I just cleared normal and I've been sitting on five level 2 Masters for an Act and a half. I want my crafting benches dammit.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there any way to force Masters to spawn before you have a hideout? I just cleared normal and I've been sitting on five level 2 Masters for an Act and a half. I want my crafting benches dammit.

You could ask to join in on other people's daily quests.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You can pester other people to tag along on their daily missions.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

Rip 3rd mod.

Pharnakes posted:

I'm not super attached to it, but don't really want to sell it for less than an exalt though. Or trade it for a drillneck.

Alpha isn't worth an exalt. Plenty for 30-35 chaos. And the cards go for 4-5 chaos for a set of 6. All good though. I bought the cards and got one.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Rip 3rd mod.
Nothing rip about it, that is probably better than a garbage third mod. This gives you more room to multimod other useful stuff onto it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Yup, buying a Bino's was a good idea.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Just about have this self cast Blade Vortex Shadow to the point that getting new gear will be expensive, just need to replace my lovely breakrib talisman with something better and I should just about hit 5k health. Doing about 9k dps moving and 14k dps standing still (before poison) with a level 17 BV at level 71.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Managed to kill Merciless Dominus solo for the first time ever in a HC league on my Ice Crash Marauder. Nearly poo poo myself when I got hit by a Touch of God that brought me down to <100 hp.

Time to start farming Dried Lake I suppose.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Anyone have a drillneck on standard they'd be willing to part with for cheap? I'm hoping someone who doesn't play standard has one sitting around from a previous league. Also any decent stuff for an arc witch.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I'm levelling my Tshot according to Neversinks build now but since his step by step is broken I'm trying to use Liftingnerds to approximate the order to go through and while they are almost identical I'm wondering. Neversink takes Weapon Artistry (2% Block, 16% phys dmg, 4% atk spd, 10 str+dex) whereas Lfn is getting Depth Perception (16% acc, 20 dex, 20% critc). They both look really nice to me, what's the rationale behind ignoring either of them? Also I assume Phase Acrobatics is worth getting, Lfn is dropping that for some reason.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

az posted:

I'm levelling my Tshot according to Neversinks build now but since his step by step is broken I'm trying to use Liftingnerds to approximate the order to go through and while they are almost identical I'm wondering. Neversink takes Weapon Artistry (2% Block, 16% phys dmg, 4% atk spd, 10 str+dex) whereas Lfn is getting Depth Perception (16% acc, 20 dex, 20% critc). They both look really nice to me, what's the rationale behind ignoring either of them? Also I assume Phase Acrobatics is worth getting, Lfn is dropping that for some reason.

Neversink's hits 95% critchance without the node.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I just ate poo poo on my new longboard and hurt my right hand. is there a build that can easily play one handed? Totems? Templar is fastest to two totems right?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Totems and pure RF builds can do pretty much everything onehanded. You're going to have to practice your potting though.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
thats what you get for longboring

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

dangerdoom volvo posted:

thats what you get for longboring

Have to have something to do when recovering from coral cut infections. Now I'm down for like 3 weeks longer. :/

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Washout posted:

Have to have something to do when recovering from coral cut infections. Now I'm down for like 3 weeks longer. :/

Have you considered learning to wash your wounds properly?

az
Dec 2, 2005

Kild posted:

Neversink's hits 95% critchance without the node.

I ran it through Emmit's planner and it came out at 160% from nodes, or do you mean it ends up as 95% on the character sheet in the end? I don't actually know if there's a cap to Critc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

az posted:

I ran it through Emmit's planner and it came out at 160% from nodes, or do you mean it ends up as 95% on the character sheet in the end? I don't actually know if there's a cap to Critc.

Yes on the character sheet. 95% is the crit cap.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
People throw around the term crit, but there are several defintions you need to wrap your head around.

There is base crit chance, local crit chance, and global crit chance. Finally there is your actual crit chance, which is a function of all of the above. This is why base crit (and local crit) is the most important stat for any crit build.

A well-rolled harbinger bow has up to 9.35% base crit. This is multiplied by your global crit chance modifiers. In order to reach the crit chance cap of 95%, you need at least +916% increased global crit chance from tree and gear. This is quite hard, most non-GG geared crit bow builds reach the ballpark of 60-70% crit chance, and this is more than enough to clear high level maps.

On the note of bow crit, is it worth taking all of the bow crit notables (King of the Hill, Lethality, Assassination, Heartseeker), even if the bow you are planning on using doesn't have very much local crit, and you don't intend on investing in much crit on gear? I'm planning out a Voltaxic, with a base crit of 6%. I've heard that it's always worth taking these nodes as a bow character no matter what, or is it better to focus on scaling my damage with "increased damage" nodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I'd guess that because crit does a lot more than just damage (automatically applies elemental effects and such) that it's always worth it getting those notables with a bow.

• Locked thread