Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PiedPiper posted:

How so? I'm actually curious.

She's literally Vergil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

havenwaters posted:

Someone tell Matt to tell everyone else that Steven Universe is back on January 4th with another steven bomb.

Oh, hurray! The days are indeed getting longer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PiedPiper posted:

How so? I'm actually curious.

She's the Doll as a hunter, or rather the doll is an imperfect recreation of her, which seems to be why Ger is hostile to it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Somewhat interested in hearing the guys seriously talk about being paid in exposure as that's what most LPers drop back to when a company claims stuff.

With Nintendo for example I know a lot of dudes were yelling "WE'RE MARKETING IT THOUGH YOU CAN'T DO IT TO US THE EXPOSURE!!" so it's kind of ironic.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

She's the Doll as a hunter, or rather the doll is an imperfect recreation of her, which seems to be why Ger is hostile to it

my favorite part is that it could retroactively give meaning to the old hunter's bone in the actual workshop and the gravestone the doll tends to

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ruggington posted:

my favorite part is that it could retroactively give meaning to the old hunter's bone in the actual workshop and the gravestone the doll tends to

well she's one of the first Hunters and using the flash step so

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Somehow Gio Corsi gave me a free copy of Yakuza 5, I only got a hour into 4, should I play and finish that first?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Solaris Knight posted:

Somehow Gio Corsi gave me a free copy of Yakuza 5, I only got a hour into 4, should I play and finish that first?

Not really, 5 is better in every way. Watch the LP if you want, but it's not needed.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Uh you should play 4 because it's good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
To you guys that actually play Bloodborne and stuff: do the best friends have a reason to go back to Party Cave or is there nothing there worth trying for?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

To you guys that actually play Bloodborne and stuff: do the best friends have a reason to go back to Party Cave or is there nothing there worth trying for?

The hunter drops his gatling gun. I've found it useful. Can't remember what bloodstarved beast drops.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, I forget, are we getting a post-movie debrief for star wars like we got for TMNT way back when? Because I just saw the movie and really liked it and I want to listen to people talk about it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, I forget, are we getting a post-movie debrief for star wars like we got for TMNT way back when? Because I just saw the movie and really liked it and I want to listen to people talk about it.

If we don't, they'll probably do a spoiler cast.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Here's your debrief

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/677749897194508288

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Somewhat interested in hearing the guys seriously talk about being paid in exposure as that's what most LPers drop back to when a company claims stuff.

With Nintendo for example I know a lot of dudes were yelling "WE'RE MARKETING IT THOUGH YOU CAN'T DO IT TO US THE EXPOSURE!!" so it's kind of ironic.

Eh, when it comes to what Nintendo has been doing, I haven't seen that as much as just "Really? All we're doing is showing people that your games are fun." when they keep killing things that aren't even monetized and so on.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

:agreed:

I saw it without spoilers, or hints of spoilers. It was pretty good.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Had some free time so I'm watching the yakuza 4 videos, godamn hilarious.

https://youtu.be/qFgaujblVEQ?list=PL57hJfweW_2snGmbR9PiEP3QVq50K6N_v&t=695 "There's blood on the floor!"
https://youtu.be/ez-dDMV-HWk?list=PL57hJfweW_2snGmbR9PiEP3QVq50K6N_v&t=68

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Panty thief bit at the end of that video is what I showed my friend to introduce him to Zaibatsu.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh man, I was not expecting Woolie cosplaying as a Naruto shinobi to be a boss.

Also, when you inevitably Lets Watch the Boruto movie you should watch the extra feature short that has Naruto becoming Hokage, it's actually hilarious and stupid.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 19, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Goddamn Obie Trice Konami

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh my god, Obi-Wan Kenobi returning to his home planet during the fisticuffs was top tier SBF poo poo, amazing

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This NSBF thing on xenoblade chronicles is really funny

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So I was was brushing up on my Japanese vocab and I happened to learn that "enbaku (エンバク)" is the JP word for oatmeal. No kidding.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 20, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Depths posted:

I wasn't really feeling it until they refused to join BLADE, I didn't really think of it and said yeah right away but holy poo poo that's MAGICAL.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DontMindMe posted:

The hunter drops his gatling gun. I've found it useful. Can't remember what bloodstarved beast drops.

From what I can find, it drops a Damp Bloodtinge Gem (5). So killing it at this point is mainly only worth it for the echoes since Pat already ran through and grabbed the stuff it was guarding in there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Depths posted:

What is this?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

What is this?

Vessel

E: Hey Matt you should read Marvel's ongoing Darth Vader comic, that thing's alright.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So I was was brushing up on my Japanese vocab and I happened to learn that "enbaku (エンバク)" is the JP word for oatmeal. No kidding.

Holy poo poo. Ho-ly poo poo. Amazing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still don't see it, unless it's a mysterious 7th video?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Tae posted:

I still don't see it, unless it's a mysterious 7th video?

https://www.vessel.com/shows/newsuperbestfriendsplay here you go

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh, what the gently caress? How did I not hear about this until now? Did they announce this somewhere?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Oh, what the gently caress? How did I not hear about this until now? Did they announce this somewhere?
It's where the Machinima videos spawn in five minute or so chunks before they get pieced together for the weekly Youtube release.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

heard woolie loves this figure

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Kins posted:

It's where the Machinima videos spawn in five minute or so chunks before they get pieced together for the weekly Youtube release.

...Why split it like that? That sounds like extra work for no good reason.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Pretty sure Matt explained why in this thread.

And this has been going on for awhile, since FO4 pretty much.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tae posted:

Machinima was just dumping a video a day or something like that, so there was a point when Vessel was like 3 weeks ahead so I'm assuming part of the contract they have stipulated a video a day on vessel or something like that and splitting them up into 5 minute chunks solved the problem.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Weird. They must be paying real good for all that extra-complicated hassle.

I keep getting IGN in my recommendation list, which is annoying. They're EVERYWHERE.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xenoblade's story is great if you replace the big bad with Liam

I'm not even kidding really

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Maybe if Devil's Third wasn't so goddamn joyless in every scene besides that drum solo it would have sold more than a dozen copies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe if Devil's Third wasn't so goddamn joyless in every scene besides that drum solo it would have sold more than a dozen copies

Itagaki's Serious War Story about a 29-going-on-16-year old girl named C4 will not be sullied with jokes or comedy

One of the things I didn't really put together about the game until Sterling's review is that Ivan is a cool guy who drinks brandy and smokes and is stoic at all times no matter what and doesn't kill women so he can be casually sexist against them. That's like the stereotypical "what middle-aged Japanese men think is cool" checklist. Like if Itagaki was a 16 year old Ivan would have a black angel wing and be half-vampire.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 20, 2015