Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
What are the odds of Denver's O, specifically Sanders, not being useless this week? Is Sandders a better flex bet than say, Fozzie Whitaker or Kamar Aiken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
I think it's a tossup,, but I'd generally take Aiken over Sanders. I'm low on the Fozz personally.

Looking ahead to the championship next week - Andrew Luck is sitting in Free Agency right now. Worth grabbing and potentially starting over Bortles, or even stashing to keep out of the hands of my potential opponents?

They would have either Alex Smith vs Cle or Palmer v GB. Luck plays @Mia in week 16. Bortles is the only QB on my roster, who gets a juicy matchup with NO in the final

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

WaveLength posted:

I think it's a tossup,, but I'd generally take Aiken over Sanders. I'm low on the Fozz personally.

Looking ahead to the championship next week - Andrew Luck is sitting in Free Agency right now. Worth grabbing and potentially starting over Bortles, or even stashing to keep out of the hands of my potential opponents?

They would have either Alex Smith vs Cle or Palmer v GB. Luck plays @Mia in week 16. Bortles is the only QB on my roster, who gets a juicy matchup with NO in the final

You would be incredibly lucky to have your opponent play Luck over Palmer, and you would be really dumb to start Luck over Bort.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Torn between 2 DFS constructions: AJ Green @ SF, Jordan Reed vs BUF, and Seahawks D vs CLE or Sammy Watkins @ WAS, Gronk vs TEN, and Pats D vs TEN?

I had the former ready to go but now I'm worried about Green being added to the injury report today and thinking of switching. Thoughts?

I suppose I'll post my season-long sit/starts too...
Lacy @ OAK or Denard Robinson vs ATL or Hightower vs DET?
[different league] sit one: Denard Robinson vs ATL or Shaun Draughn vs CIN or Hightower vs DET?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I have the luxury of owning Greg Olsen and Delanie Walker. I'm wanting to start Olsen but fearing an aggravation takes him out. Do I slot Walker in TE and bench Olsen, putting one of Boldin or Ginn Jr. in the flex?

I need to win to make the super bowl... But benching Olsen seems dumb.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

the_american_dream posted:

Im currently starting Tyler Lockett over Dez and the only other way im leaning is maybe going Bolden in that spot instead. :sigh: I miss you Dez

I started Tavon Austin over him and am a very happy camper.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Help me choose two QBs:

Matt Cassel vs NYG
Blaine Gabbert vs CIN
Teddy Bridgewater vs CHI

Picks in bold, but I'm worried they'll pull Cassel halfway through.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Im a cowboys fan and going up against ivory and marshall tonight; this game is a joy!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well boy am I glad I sat Bryant. I had a suspicion he would explode on my bench. Oh well.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Really wish I had picked up Bilal. My buddy had told me about him and I was just too chickenshit to pull the trigger. Now Hightower and Denard are probably going to combine for less than what he's put up in the first half.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well boy am I glad I sat Bryant. I had a suspicion he would explode on my bench. Oh well.

Yeah, 2 catches for 24 yards and a TD, really huge explosion

Sheeple posted:

Really wish I had picked up Bilal. My buddy had told me about him and I was just too chickenshit to pull the trigger. Now Hightower and Denard are probably going to combine for less than what he's put up in the first half.

I have Bilal in a couple dynasty leagues and picked up and dropped him in a few redraft, but I've never felt good about starting him so never did :shrug:

E: And just to be clear, I wish I would have done so several times, I think he's pretty undervalued with any PPR, including by me.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, 2 catches for 24 yards and a TD, really huge explosion.

For a flex I wouldn't complain with those numbers, plus that's only in one half and he looks to be Moore's safety blanket.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Hazo posted:

Help me choose two QBs:

Matt Cassel vs NYG
Blaine Gabbert vs CIN
Teddy Bridgewater vs CHI

Picks in bold, but I'm worried they'll pull Cassel halfway through.

Cowboys were playing the jets, not the giants. And he got benched. Hope you didn't play him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
God drat Decker i love you, keep being the most consistent WR2.

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

Fitzpatrick finishes with 299 yards, short of the 5 point bonus at 300. Hopefully that extra yard doesn't come back to bite me...

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigFactory posted:

Cowboys were playing the jets, not the giants. And he got benched. Hope you didn't play him.
Yeah I typed that in a hurry since the game was coming up. And no I didn't play him thank God, I switched for Gabbert at literally the last second. Still going to be a brutal week, which sucks since I had such a great regular season (9-4 with an 8-win streak and first place overall).

Here's my matchup and my bench. I think I have it the best I can get it, but thoughts are welcome.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

For a flex I wouldn't complain with those numbers, plus that's only in one half and he looks to be Moore's safety blanket.

LOL man do I suck at this.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Best D this week out of these?

Green Bay
Buffalo
Miami

Have Pittsburgh and Buffalo on my roster but I also have Emmanuel Sanders (DEN) as my WR2 and Steelers are at Denver. Potentially Pittsburgh can get me points through sacks but I think it doesn't make sense starting a defense against another guy you're counting on for points.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

pmchem posted:

Any Chargers fans have insights regarding Woodhead's lack of production lately, even in PPR? I tried googling for news hits win the past week, but nothing.

I realize SDC is injured everywhere and their general offensive output has been down, but Danny has been really underperfoming even in touches and it's a bit baffling considering you'd imagine they would find a way to get him involved as a weapon (with injuries to their receivers). Why aren't they?

Biggest thing has been them wanting to feed Gordon more to really see what they have in him headed into next year.

Also with that shithouse o-line they're wanting to utilize the backs a bit more to protect and that takes away Woodhead's looks in the flat that let him rack the PPR stats.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I think if I miraculously survive this week I am going to have to bench Ivory the next 2 weeks. It's painfully obvious whenever they are going to hand it off to him and the defense plays accordingly.

I have Powell too but wouldn't start him with confidence either...

I was 13-1 in the regular season in my main league but might be 1 and done in the playoffs at this rate - opponent played Austin, Mcfadden and Bryant so I'm playing catchup.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I can't believe I'm saying this.

I need a goon vote....

....Eddie Lacy or Tim Hightower?

What a hosed up question..

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Keith Atherton posted:

Best D this week out of these?

I'd still play Pittsburgh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Popero posted:

I'd still play Pittsburgh.

What do you think of them compared to KC?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

89 posted:

I need a goon vote....

Lacy.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What do you think of them compared to KC?

KC.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Against my better judgement, I'm still starting Sanders in one of my FLEX spots. Help me choose the other one, 0 PPR: Jerome Kearse, Fozzie Whitaker, Kamar Aiken?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Defense talk, Pittsburgh or Arizona?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

BigFactory posted:

Defense talk, Pittsburgh or Arizona?

Arizona- I don't think it's all that close. Steelers could have a good day, but I'm more inclined to think that Chip & company are going to have real problems.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Draughn or Hightower, half-PPR?

Edit: Denard Robinson or Lacy, standard?

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 20, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

I need a goon vote....

Live by the Feast Mode, Die by the Feast Mode.

Congratulations to all the goons in your semifinals. Good luck to you all. 2 semifinals for me today, and I have no idea what will happen.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Need a quick opinion. Forte, Charcandrick or Latavius in standard?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Did NOT realize McFadden had a saturday game and I left him in my flex slot. Which ended up fine for scoring, but I wanted to move Miller into my flex spot for more flexibility of a replacement as I'm kinda woozy on Miller at the moment.

So as it stands now I can only replace him with Draughn (I have C Mike and but C A-P, but I'm not taking that chance at all). Is that even something I should remotely consider? Or just play the player rank. I hesitate to say "don't sit your studs" since CLEARLY Miami doesn't understand how good Miller is.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Here's your weekly reminder that, even if you're playing with close friends, make sure to always push for rule changes and never take someone's word.

Dynasty league, last year before the championship, I am playing commissioner's GF. I had spoken with the commish privately and agreed we could trades open throughout the year (I was vocal about being worried) so long as there were no "bullshit" trades during the playoffs. He also pushes trades through quickly for all league trades, not his own. Finally, there's a fun feature on fleaflicker that all trades have a "Veto" button under them, but it exists even when vetos are turned off. I'm sure you know what's coming.

Two days before the championship game, he trades Mark Ingram and the Lions D to the girlfriend for Carlos Hyde and the 49ers D (what a sweet covariance play). I give them poo poo for it, find out that veto button was just there without being usable -- they say "ohoho dynasty league Carlos Hyde is gonna blow up" and I also called bullshit on that, because Carlos kind of sucks. They clearly knew what they were up to. I say gently caress it, I'm gonna kick their rear end no matter how they try to Vince McMahon it, and sure enough, CJA clinches me a victory. (Should've checked closely about vetos. that one's on me.)

I push for vetos and no more pushing trades through, but of course, as the champ and the only one adversely affected by this, no one cares. I receive word from the commissioner before the season that this won't happen again. Ok! Cool, we're buds, no problem, glad you see it my way. (I'm in this for fun, but this was again very stupid of me.)

This year: I'm playing commish's girlfriend in the semis, and sure enough on Friday, they do a first round pick swap, and she gets Deangelo Williams while he gets Jamaal Charles. They also change their team names to laugh about this. Other people in the league call bullshit, the two of them complain about us being little babies and texting each other, trying to smokescreen away the blatant collusion, yada yada. As soon as I win the championship, I'm either dropping all of my players or trading them on the cheap to the worst teams.

I am not in this for some ruthless GM-ing. I do this to have fun with my friends and play for some money -- this type of poo poo is not fun. If there's anybody reading this that is not super jaded like most of you fuckers, don't be an idiot like me, make sure to check out rules as closely as possible and take care of any problems you have up front. Don't take anyone at their word, even close friends. I forget which user named their league friends made enemies, but that is hilarious and sadly true. Good luck today.

Edit: Just received a message to the whole league containing the phrase "collusion has such a loose definition..." gently caress this poo poo.

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It helps if people post the opponents of players you're choosing between.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Draughn or Hightower, half-PPR?

Edit: Denard Robinson or Lacy, standard?

Hightower and Robinson.

IllegallySober posted:

Need a quick opinion. Forte, Charcandrick or Latavius in standard?

Tough call. I'd say Forte.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

This year: I'm playing commish's girlfriend in the semis, and sure enough on Friday, they do a first round pick swap, and she gets Deangelo Williams while he gets Jamaal Charles. They also change their team names to laugh about this. Other people in the league call bullshit, the two of them complain about us being little babies and texting each other, trying to smokescreen away the blatant collusion, yada yada. As soon as I win the championship, I'm either dropping all of my players or trading them on the cheap to the worst teams.

Yeah gently caress that poo poo. Trade them to the worst teams and then change your team name to something appropriate.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Standard scoring. Pick two:

Adrian Peterson (Chi)
Lamar Miller (@SD)

Latavius Murray (GB)
DeAngelo Williams (Den)
Tim Hightower (Det)

It's an 8 team league, hence the hilarious roster.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Adrian Peterson (Chi)
Lamar Miller (@SD)

Latavius Murray (GB)
DeAngelo Williams (Den)
Tim Hightower (Det)

Given those options I'd go with it how you have it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Two questions with 30 minutes left to change line ups, standard scoring, pick one in each section:
Forte @ MIN
Robinson vs ATL
Hightower vs DET

and

Bernard @ SF
Brandon Bolden vs TEN
Bryce Brown vs CLE

I feel like I shouldn't sit Forte, but Robinson and Hightower will probably get more touches with a more favorable matchups. I am leaning towards Bolden for the second league, but I am always apprehensive starting NE RBs, and Bernard could have a big game vs SF since they cannot tackle.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
H2H points:

Health Miller or, Travis Kelce.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Here's your weekly reminder that, even if you're playing with close friends, make sure to always push for rule changes and never take someone's word.

Dynasty league, last year before the championship, I am playing commissioner's GF. I had spoken with the commish privately and agreed we could trades open throughout the year (I was vocal about being worried) so long as there were no "bullshit" trades during the playoffs. He also pushes trades through quickly for all league trades, not his own. Finally, there's a fun feature on fleaflicker that all trades have a "Veto" button under them, but it exists even when vetos are turned off. I'm sure you know what's coming.

Two days before the championship game, he trades Mark Ingram and the Lions D to the girlfriend for Carlos Hyde and the 49ers D (what a sweet covariance play). I give them poo poo for it, find out that veto button was just there without being usable -- they say "ohoho dynasty league Carlos Hyde is gonna blow up" and I also called bullshit on that, because Carlos kind of sucks. They clearly knew what they were up to. I say gently caress it, I'm gonna kick their rear end no matter how they try to Vince McMahon it, and sure enough, CJA clinches me a victory. (Should've checked closely about vetos. that one's on me.)

I push for vetos and no more pushing trades through, but of course, as the champ and the only one adversely affected by this, no one cares. I receive word from the commissioner before the season that this won't happen again. Ok! Cool, we're buds, no problem, glad you see it my way. (I'm in this for fun, but this was again very stupid of me.)

I am not in this for some ruthless GM-ing. I do this to have fun with my friends and play for some money -- this type of poo poo is not fun. If there's anybody reading this that is not super jaded like most of you fuckers, don't be an idiot like me, make sure to check out rules as closely as possible and take care of any problems you have up front. Don't take anyone at their word, even close friends. I forget which user named their league friends made enemies, but that is hilarious and sadly true. Good luck today.

Edit: Just received a message to the whole league containing the phrase "collusion has such a loose definition..." gently caress this poo poo.

There should be a trade deadline in season. Period.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Adrian Peterson (Chi)
Lamar Miller (@SD)

Latavius Murray (GB)
DeAngelo Williams (Den)
Tim Hightower (Det)

I'm going to be the outlier here and say Hightower over Miller. I'm nervous about Miller's ankle and the Dolphin's ludicrous playcalling. I'm having to play both of them though so it's easier for me to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

LmaoTheKid posted:

There should be a trade deadline in season. Period.

It was annoying this year to have an early deadline because so many injuries came after ours, but it's the only sensible way to do it.

• Locked thread