Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I just took another lyft tonight

When you do lyft line it's a flat discounted rate, p nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Gail Wynand posted:

I just took another lyft tonight

When you do lyft line it's a flat discounted rate, p nice

I hate how jerkish Lyft and Uber have been because it's a legit cool idea.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SirKibbles posted:

I hate how jerkish Lyft and Uber have been because it's a legit cool idea.

It's a shame libertarians ruin everything they touch.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Lyft is not as bad imo, if local govts tell them to shut down they listen, and they've been much more proactive on driver vetting and rider safety (eg lyft has a much higher % of female drivers and actively matches female riders w them, and their inspection processes are much more rigorous)

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

"Wreck our economy will ya? Well Im gonna wreck something right now! Drop yer panties 1 percenter you are about to #feelthebern"

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

They forgot to mention that Trevelyan was the name of the rogue operative in Goldeneye.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Uber is currently trying to hold my city hostage and so far it's not working but the public outcry campaign may yet notch up, it hasn't been long.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FOUR DAYS IN ONE

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is it too late to talk kimchi? Because it's basically the perfect side.

Koreans are the best.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I spent a whole semester eating fried tofu, seaweed salad and kimchi for lunch every day of the week. It was great.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Aliquid posted:

Uber is currently trying to hold my city hostage and so far it's not working but the public outcry campaign may yet notch up, it hasn't been long.

They tired to screw San Antonio ever though we bent over backwards to accommodate them, it worked though so eh.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Fix posted:

Koreans are the best.
When it comes to alcoholism, blind nationalism, and misogyny, they're definitely up there!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gail Wynand posted:

When it comes to alcoholism, blind nationalism, and misogyny, they're definitely up there!

japan's fascism is more institutionalized but also lazier and more lethargic. korea's is vibrant and popular, and less institutionalized only because there's less of a governmental institution to begin with outside of the Park family

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Thread for food, booze, etc. chat

I can't find the tech bubble thread, which tells me somebody should make a new silicon valley thread, and talk about uber etc. there. Not here!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
What should I read about Obama as a great campaigner? I think someone said in this thread that Obama is uniquely good as a campaigner.

Or something about Howard Dean's career as the head of DNC.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe the Martinez story isn't getting more play. What a shitshow

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

toanoradian posted:

What should I read about Obama as a great campaigner? I think someone said in this thread that Obama is uniquely good as a campaigner.

Or something about Howard Dean's career as the head of DNC.

He never made a mistake. And he's also the best orator in a generation. And his campaign apparatus is the most effective one seen in decades, to the effect that it has acted as a blueprint for every serious candidacy going forward.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Shageletic posted:

He never made a mistake. And he's also the best orator in a generation. And his campaign apparatus is the most effective one seen in decades, to the effect that it has acted as a blueprint for every serious candidacy going forward.

He then followed this with a historically clean and well run administration. Barrack Obama is honestly one of our finest presidents.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Largest growth in followers during the debate:

1. @BernieSanders
2. @realDonaldTrump
3. @HillaryClinton
4. @MartinOMalley
5. @tedcruz

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Joementum posted:

1. @BernieSanders
2. @realDonaldTrump
3. @HillaryClinton
4. @MartinOMalley
5. @tedcruz

is that by raw numbers or percentage or?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

AriadneThread posted:

is that by raw numbers or percentage or?

Numbers.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Ted Cruz's Twitter is unintentionally hilarious.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I can't believe the Martinez story isn't getting more play. What a shitshow

Which story?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Right but what's that in the display, Ted?

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

PUGGERNAUT posted:

You'd think the evangelical candidate would be a little more wary of golden calves.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Malmesbury Monster posted:

You'd think the evangelical candidate would be a little more wary of golden calves.

Then again, Charging Bull is viewed as a national treasure although it's a tribute to greed.

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 20, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

Which story?

this one

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Malmesbury Monster posted:

http://wonkette.com/403920/jesus-people-pray-that-false-idol-will-save-gods-economy this literally happened lol

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao

quote:

“I’m sorry. There’s no one on the balcony and there’s no one throwing bottles off the balcony,” she said. “And if there were, it was about six hours ago.”

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

1. @BernieSanders
2. @realDonaldTrump
3. @HillaryClinton
4. @MartinOMalley
5. @tedcruz

I could see bernouts making new Twitter accounts to inflate this. Which is really sad.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fix posted:

Is it too late to talk kimchi? Because it's basically the perfect side.

Koreans are the best.

Bowel cancer owns.

nong shim kimchi soup is aces

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

And they said irony was dead.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shageletic posted:

He also was the first national campaigner to really grasp the potential of "new media" and modern data management as important compliments to his strong traditional ground game, and managed to integrate them successfully without any of the hilarious mistakes we saw from his opponents in 2008 and especially 2012.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Basically, if Obama could run for a third term he'd win easily.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So how is it that the Dems talking about Trump is apparently a win for Trump, but entire GOP debates devoted to hand-wringing about Hillary aren't reported as huge victories for Hillary?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

So how is it that the Dems talking about Trump is apparently a win for Trump, but entire GOP debates devoted to hand-wringing about Hillary aren't reported as huge victories for Hillary?
Trump thrives on any attention at all while Hillary does not.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Epic High Five posted:

Clinton is already dominate and a shoe-in for the nomination and more importantly is the candidate that most of the Democratic voters want in the general election.

Trump is not a shoe-in for his nomination and is actively inflicting damage on the entire GOP the longer he stays in the race.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

She was trying to say she likes daddy's face!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fknlo posted:

I could see bernouts making new Twitter accounts to inflate this. Which is really sad.

I too think [insert made up 'theory' here] is sad op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
So how did Bernie and Hillary do last night? I'm watching the debate and so far it doesn't look like anyone but O'Malley is doing a terrible job.

• Locked thread