Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ted Ginn has 8 TD receptions this year, should have like 14 but goddamn 8 is a pretty dece number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Alaois posted:

Ted Ginn has 8 TD receptions this year, should have like 14 but goddamn 8 is a pretty dece number

10 after today, right?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Final score for Patriots-Giants regular season game during NE’s 16-0 season? 38-35. Final score for Panthers-Giants: 38-35.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Final score for Patriots-Giants regular season game during NE’s 16-0 season? 38-35. Final score for Panthers-Giants: 38-35.

:stare:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Thank God we can't play an NFC team for the super bowl

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

no he loving won't

under team control next year for 900k lmao
I hope they give him a big bonus check. A big novelty check like in Happy Gilmore except actually worth a whole lot of money because he's earned it.

Then he can go HC the Browns in 2017 or 18 or whatever.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I suppose it's only fair that in the Year of the Backup QB that the ultimate backup QB should win MVP. :smug:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The then undefeated Packers-Giants game from the 2011 regular season was also 38-35 after the Giants tied it with :58 seconds left and then Rodgers hit three big passes and they kicked a field goal as time ran out.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Unfortunately for cool coincidences, the Giants need a divine miracle to get into the postseason

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I posted this in the gameday thread but I think Panthers' radio color commentator Eugene Robinson needs special recognition as the greatest. I swear to god he was about to rip his headset off and charge the field after Beckham did the helmet to helmet shot on Norman. He wasn't sure if he could call Beckham a certain word and the play by play guy made him write it on a piece of paper and then said "no way can you say that on radio." He is the best.

It almost makes me happy when I have to drive during a game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

It is going to be hilarious when a potential 15-1 16-0 game gets passed up by NBC so they can have Washington/Dallas.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
odell beckham is a bitch. thanks i'll hang up and listen

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ribsauce posted:

I posted this in the gameday thread but I think Panthers' radio color commentator Eugene Robinson needs special recognition as the greatest. I swear to god he was about to rip his headset off and charge the field after Beckham did the helmet to helmet shot on Norman. He wasn't sure if he could call Beckham a certain word and the play by play guy made him write it on a piece of paper and then said "no way can you say that on radio." He is the best.

I hope this gets posted somewhere, I need to hear it.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I still want to know what's with the occasional Panther complete collapse in the fourth this year. It's been kinda annoying/nervewrecking. Is it just the defense getting gassed against good-great offenses when we go into conserve the lead mode or what?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ribsauce posted:

Yeah, I go out of my way to listen to Mixon and Robinson call the games. It's fun to listen due to Robinson not at all being reserved like a normal announcer.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gorelab posted:

I still want to know what's with the occasional Panther complete collapse in the fourth this year. It's been kinda annoying/nervewrecking. Is it just the defense getting gassed against good-great offenses when we go into conserve the lead mode or what?

Yeah its a bit of that. Mostly the defensive line rotation having to do a lot of work and the bend dont break philosophy breaking. Ideally the panthers would have another rotational rusher and a bit more health in the backfield.

That said the breakdowns have been against Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Eli Manning so not exaclty giving up 400 yards and 3tds to the Tj Yates or Kase Keenums of the world.

We also didnt have stewart on the field today and his running style and ability to finish runs cant be discounted. A few drives today that ended quickly i would argue could have been extended with his ability to gain that extra yard. His blitz pick ups are also outstanding.

Theres also the motivation factor that imo cant be ignored. Giants, green bay, new orleans and indy were all trying to either save their season or turn their faltering fortunes around and spoil an undefeated season.

Lot of factors at play. We'll probably see it again before its all said and done but i wouldnt be surprised to see the Panthers look to demolish a team either.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's a pretty good analysis BS.

Also, against the Colts, Packers, and Giants, the Panthers had huge leads.

I think this team is still learning to deal with success. It was obvious today they wanted to rest starters, and the Giants just didn't want to accommodate that. Barring the blocked field goal and fumble, it's not an issue.

The Giants offense played great today as well. They took advantage of the Panthers holes at CB, and Eli was a magician.

Nov 6, 2002

I still think the Cardinals are probably the more complete team. I'd especially give them the edge in the coaching department, which I think makes a huge different in January.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Hey Panthers bros, thank you for DWill. He's over 1000 yards and about to get double digit TDs for the season. He owns a lot, and our season probably would have been lost when Le'Veon went out for the year if it wasn't for him.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
DWill was great when he was healthy. No way could we afford to keep paying him and Stewart when they're both as old as they are at RB. Still good to see him succeeding somewhere else.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Slowpoke! posted:

DWill was great when he was healthy. No way could we afford to keep paying him and Stewart when they're both as old as they are at RB. Still good to see him succeeding somewhere else.

Tomlin asked him to drop 15lbs, and it seems to have helped him stay on the field. He's cool as hell as a person too

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Tomlin asked him to drop 15lbs, and it seems to have helped him stay on the field. He's cool as hell as a person too

Yeah, his facebook is really cool too. I bet he and Randy Moss would get along

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

NC-17 posted:

I still think the Cardinals are probably the more complete team. I'd especially give them the edge in the coaching department, which I think makes a huge different in January.

Newton is a massively more talented and dangerous playmaker than Carson Palmer.

That's not a knock on Palmer, it just is what it is.

If Super Bowls came down to the most talented overall rosters, the Patriots probably wouldn't have any of those Super Bowls.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I absolutely loved DWill and hated to lose him, but it made sense for both parties to move on. It irks me a little that Artis-Payne wears his number, but oh well. Also kinda wish he wasn't helping the Steelers, of all teams, but I'm still happy for his personal success.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Just don't give Williams a big contract or he gets fat and lazy.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I just hope the Panthers keep this success for awhile. I need something to keep me going through the Muschamp years.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Panthers please go undefeated until the super bowl (so you can get undefeated karma'd by the pats)

Or win, that would be pretty cool too

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

I hope this gets posted somewhere, I need to hear it.

Likewise.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Gorelab posted:

I just hope the Panthers keep this success for awhile. I need something to keep me going through the Muschamp years.

What's wrong, you don't want a less successful college version of Rex Ryan coaching your team? (I'm a Cocks fan too)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I like that the Cardinals keep winning so any discussion about Carolina resting players or whatever is still moot even with two games remaining. Still working for that #1 seed.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Tato posted:

I like that the Cardinals keep winning so any discussion about Carolina resting players or whatever is still moot even with two games remaining. Still working for that #1 seed.

And they keep scaring me with these injuries, too. There were 3 or 4 hits Cam took over the last three games that scared the poo poo out of me and his knee is tweaked. Now Ginn has some sort of rib injury, Olsen tweaked his knee (doesn't appear serious, but still), Kalil had a neck thing and had to come out, I'm not sure how long we'll be without JStew, and Courtland Finnegan is A Thing in the NFL in TYOOL 2015. What a crazy season.

I miss DWill and Double Trouble, but he's such a good guy. It sucks that it went down the way it did, so I'm glad he's doing well with the Steelers.

ETA: CAP could be for real. With more experience and confidence, he could be a monster. Loved watching that dude at Auburn, so I was glad to see him get meaningful snaps today. Wasn't always perfect, but he didn't play badly at all.

Morby fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 21, 2015

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love you Cam Newton. please win the Superbowl.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

I love you Cam Newton. please win the Superbowl.

hell, same

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Everyone knows Cam will get injured in week 17 showboating trying to show up Jameis's weak celebrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Elephanthead posted:

Everyone knows Jameis will injure his knee in week 17 showboating trying to show up Cam's weak celebrations. In the offseason, Jameis will op to have his knee replaced with crab legs, and his tendons and ligaments braised in a butter sauce.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
That C-Team avatar by itself kind of makes me like the Panthers.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Morby posted:

And they keep scaring me with these injuries, too. There were 3 or 4 hits Cam took over the last three games that scared the poo poo out of me and his knee is tweaked. Now Ginn has some sort of rib injury, Olsen tweaked his knee (doesn't appear serious, but still), Kalil had a neck thing and had to come out, I'm not sure how long we'll be without JStew, and Courtland Finnegan is A Thing in the NFL in TYOOL 2015. What a crazy season.

I miss DWill and Double Trouble, but he's such a good guy. It sucks that it went down the way it did, so I'm glad he's doing well with the Steelers.

ETA: CAP could be for real. With more experience and confidence, he could be a monster. Loved watching that dude at Auburn, so I was glad to see him get meaningful snaps today. Wasn't always perfect, but he didn't play badly at all.

Yeah CAP played really well and took a lot of pressure off Newton. It's just one game, but he looked really comfortable running, catching the ball and picking up blocks. He had a great blitz pick-up on one play that they showed a replay of, where he crossed in front of Cam and absolutely crushed the pass rusher. That's not something you see a lot of rookies do in their first start.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Yeah CAP played really well and took a lot of pressure off Newton. It's just one game, but he looked really comfortable running, catching the ball and picking up blocks. He had a great blitz pick-up on one play that they showed a replay of, where he crossed in front of Cam and absolutely crushed the pass rusher. That's not something you see a lot of rookies do in their first start.

I suspect that Rivera was holding CAP back in order to bulk him up and give him time to learn the playbook with the added bonus of allowing JStew to be the true feature back. Tolbert and Whitaker have done a good job in relief, but I think CAP will get more and more responsibility towards the end of the season. Keep JStew fresh for the playoffs where they will hopefully do well.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So Cam gets to own the Falcons and then....the bucs, right?

Enjoy 16-0 Cam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Division games though. Ya never know.

• Locked thread