Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Don't care but it would be p awesome if we got a Ren's Lightsaber in SWTOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dexo posted:

"Ancient Warriors Claymore Lightblade"

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I want blasters in that style, with additional bolts flying out the sides

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Dexo posted:

I found this, which says it's based on an 'ancient design,' and swtor is what, 3 or 4 thousand years before the movies? So I expect it soon.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-11-16/we-finally-know-why-kylo-ren%E2%80%99s-lightsaber-has-crossguard-star-wars-force-awakens

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Telex posted:

They can still do basically whatever, and pass it off as the people in the modern StarWars world picked up whatever "new" stuff comes out as being based on historical designs from this or that.

So you can get a Kylo Ren lightsaber in SWTOR, call it Darth Whatever's lightsaber and just insinuate that Kylo Ren designed his based on that lightsaber. Maybe Darth Whatever was a 3rd gen Most Powerful Sith Lord or something, who knows who cares.

Lightsabers are classic concepts anyway, I am super shocked it wasn't for sale for $20 in the cartel market.

Maybe Rey's speeder too. I think people might pay for a BB-X droid too, although I supposed they'd do it in different colors like the R2's have all been weird colors instead of straight up R2-D2.

Actually Kylo Ren's lightsaber is officially called an ancient design, so they can just make it SWTOR contemporary if they want.

Edit: CeeCee and I read the same article.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

bagrada posted:

Is there any new dialogue if you play one of the opposing faction races via legacy/cartel market?

Im pretty sure i got some dialogue that seemed unique when i played chiss smuggler.

I really want to try pureblood sith jedi just to see now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Polyakov posted:

Im pretty sure i got some dialogue that seemed unique when i played chiss smuggler.

I really want to try pureblood sith jedi just to see now.

I didn't get any dialogue referencing my pure blood Guardian (Melty'face) But it was hilarious seeing him talk about the evil Sith.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

bagrada posted:

Is there any new dialogue if you play one of the opposing faction races via legacy/cartel market?

I don't think so, which isn't terribly surprising since legacy wasn't added until some time after launch

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
If you're a Chiss lady agent, you get a whole little unique romance with a Chiss dude on Hoth. :shobon:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I'm basically done with the Inquisitor story but I'm having a persistent crash when you go to Thanaton's office to take over the cutscene freezes halfway through every time. Has anyone else had this problem? Would resetting the quest fix it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

So I'm basically done with the Inquisitor story but I'm having a persistent crash when you go to Thanaton's office to take over the cutscene freezes halfway through every time. Has anyone else had this problem? Would resetting the quest fix it?

Doubt resetting the quest would fix it. Did you try running a repair of the game?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Digital Osmosis posted:

Can confirm that's possible with a Chiss. I think it might be the near-human thing? I dunno, the Star Wars concept of aliens has always been weird. Then again, my sith pureblood had the option of calling the Chiss commander on Hoth a filthy alien, so I dunno.

Do any other races have unique dialog? I know the imperials get some dialog if you're any of the "alien" races but as a Chiss agent, once or twice they specifically mentioned growing up in the Chiss Ascendancy, what the food was like, it's relation to the empire, etc. Like, two or three references over the entire campaign, but I don't think I've seen it with any other race and class.

I just did a Twi'lek smuggler, and there were a few mentions of his race. Once, when he and Corso were talking about the Empire, he pointed out that they think people who look like him should be slaves. And the Sith lady on Tattooine said that having sex with her would be the only time one of his race could experience her presence not as a slave-master.

Although my Mirialan JK was told on a couple of occasions what his eyes looked like, which I think was an oversight. :)

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Medullah posted:

I didn't get any dialogue referencing my pure blood Guardian (Melty'face) But it was hilarious seeing him talk about the evil Sith.

I did a burn-the-puppies level darkside pureblood consular last week, who mostly ran around in the red/black high-tech flight suit in a low budget attempt to look obviously evil. It was quite amusing that everyone would still immediately react to his appearance with "Oh, Jedi! Thank goodness you're here!" when he looked nothing at all like a Jedi in any way. I think the first guy you talk to on Tython has one semi-generic line about the fact that you don't look like a typical Padawan or something, that was it.

Unfortunately it also wrecks a lot of the Consular story since most of the beats are about how you're a thoughtful Jedi and champion of the order. You end up feeling a lot of dissonance when you're actually an impatient jerk who kills more Jedi Masters than the entire Empire cast put together.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Xerophyte posted:

I did a burn-the-puppies level darkside pureblood consular last week, who mostly ran around in the red/black high-tech flight suit in a low budget attempt to look obviously evil. It was quite amusing that everyone would still immediately react to his appearance with "Oh, Jedi! Thank goodness you're here!" when he looked nothing at all like a Jedi in any way. I think the first guy you talk to on Tython has one semi-generic line about the fact that you don't look like a typical Padawan or something, that was it.

Unfortunately it also wrecks a lot of the Consular story since most of the beats are about how you're a thoughtful Jedi and champion of the order. You end up feeling a lot of dissonance when you're actually an impatient jerk who kills more Jedi Masters than the entire Empire cast put together.

My favorite was still running through my Operative "undercover" wearing the full blown VIP vendor Imperial Trooper armor.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hey I started leveling a Juggernaut with the intent of tanking at endgame, is leveling as a tank fun or should I go Vengeance

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I started leveling a Juggernaut with the intent of tanking at endgame, is leveling as a tank fun or should I go Vengeance
I personally really like vengeance but the companions are absurdly powerful now when you set them to DPS so levelling as a tank is totally viable. I've been levelling my shadow as a tank and it's been just fine.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

StashAugustine posted:

When it happens to me, that sort of thing has always turned out to be because of graphics settings - try setting the preset to very low or whatever and starting the cutscene again? It's always worked for me.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

When did they add a fast travel point inside the senate tower on Coruscant? :swoon:

Also, it seems a lot of people saw the new movie and made a character this weekend. I was doing some heroics on Tython and there were 167 people on it at around 3PM. IT's been a while that it was this crowded.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

When did they add a fast travel point inside the senate tower on Coruscant? :swoon:

Also, it seems a lot of people saw the new movie and made a character this weekend. I was doing some heroics on Tython and there were 167 people on it at around 3PM. IT's been a while that it was this crowded.

I've mentioned that QT point at least twice in this thread, slacker.

I'm sure you saw KylŇ Reń, Fínn, Pö, and variations of.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I've mentioned that QT point at least twice in this thread, slacker.

I'm sure you saw KylŇ Reń, Fínn, Pö, and variations of.

I skip your posts :P

None of those but I did see my first xxNAMEGOESHERExx dude in a looooong while.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Hulk Smash! posted:

They've added several new fast travel points on the old planets to speed up class and planetary quests. I just ran through Alderaan on a Consular and it was nice being able to QT back to House Teral instead of having to drive back and forth and back and forth.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

shadok posted:

They've added several new fast travel points on the old planets to speed up class and planetary quests. I just ran through Alderaan on a Consular and it was nice being able to QT back to House Teral instead of having to drive back and forth and back and forth.

They added one in the middle of a zone on Hoth that was rather convenient when I was hunting trophies.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

Couple of nice runs at Hard Mode Operator 9 tonight. Nice work to the new guys. :)

I'll pop on at 8 tomorrow to see if we have enough interested to try and finish it up.

Also, Arsit, Thursday night is going to be bad this week and next (Christmas/New Years Eve) so maybe we can try and do something Wednesday instead?

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Let's go with Wednesday/Sunday this week. I'll put something in the guild message, too: I'm not sure that everyone caught it in the thread the last time that we tried to reschedule to a Wednesday.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

I skip your posts :P

None of those but I did see my first xxNAMEGOESHERExx dude in a looooong while.

The one that recently made me giggle on Harbinger was the Jedi Knight Starwars of the Starwars legacy.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

prefect posted:

You might enjoy reading “Star Wars” despots vs. “Star Trek” populists, by noted sci-fi author David Brin. He wrote it when the last "first movie" came out. :)

(Holy cow, was that really sixteen years ago? :corsair:)

This was interesting, at least when he's contemplating the possible dangers of popular storytelling all being templated to the Hero's Journey. Although I find it kind of hilarious how much it all unravels by the end. He also Godwins TO THE EXTREME, and while it's a fun question to think about, it's a flawed comparison, since the Emperor is the Hitler equivalent in Star Wars, not Vader. He's just Palpatine's top general. A more accurate question would be "would you forgive Rommel if he conspired against Hitler?" Also my question is more fun, because it's not even hypothetical!

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
For whoever was interested in doing it, I just reached the final step of the binocular and seeker droid missions. I'll be on in a little bit.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

StashAugustine posted:

I've leveled JK, SW, BH, and JC as tanks, and JK/SW were the ones I enjoyed the most. None of them were difficult, although I don't know if I ever got very good with the JC. Plus, I want to think it's better for learning all the tank-related abilities you'll need to be comfortable with when you get to the endgame stuff. (It's not like there are tons of them, but I like to have as much time to get used to the abilities as possible.)

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Is there any known issue with blaster fire, item color columns, and class barriers not appearing all of the sudden? Haven't played for a bit, and have updated my ATI drivers since the last I did. Is that it?

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 22, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Giant Ethicist posted:

When it happens to me, that sort of thing has always turned out to be because of graphics settings - try setting the preset to very low or whatever and starting the cutscene again? It's always worked for me.

Not only did this work I discovered I'd been playing on lovely graphics settings the whole time!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite part about this game was during release when my friend was only using aim items on his sniper and complaining all the quest rewards were giving him the wrong items.

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer
Just a quick note for those who still use the That's No Goon Teamspeak server that it will be moving to a new provider soon. I'll get onto the server and tell people before it happens but most likely it will be when most of the americans are sleeping. If you currently use it then you should have been notified of the details to use to minimise disruption.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

bagrada posted:

I asked something like this somewhere in the thread before since I've not really seen anything noteworthily different on my Sith Pureblood smuggler and was told that only the Chiss have some different dialog on Hoth and that's about it since the opposing faction races thing didn't happen until later on gamewise. So far I've not seen anything that might be something added later, but then it's only Sith Pureblood that I've got unlocked in full.

As far as the not much going on if you're a dark side on Republic side thing, I finally got my all dark side choices only JK to finish up her Chapter 3 and there's been absolutely nothing commented on regarding her evilness save for Satele Shan's stating my knight's not going to be made a master because of some concerns about her bloodthirsty ambitions, and the occasional comment of Jedi don't act like that. It does crack me up still to see everyone all fawning over her when she's so darksided she's got the blazing red eyes and all the black veins visible.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

M_Sinistrari posted:

I asked something like this somewhere in the thread before since I've not really seen anything noteworthily different on my Sith Pureblood smuggler and was told that only the Chiss have some different dialog on Hoth and that's about it since the opposing faction races thing didn't happen until later on gamewise. So far I've not seen anything that might be something added later, but then it's only Sith Pureblood that I've got unlocked in full.

As far as the not much going on if you're a dark side on Republic side thing, I finally got my all dark side choices only JK to finish up her Chapter 3 and there's been absolutely nothing commented on regarding her evilness save for Satele Shan's stating my knight's not going to be made a master because of some concerns about her bloodthirsty ambitions, and the occasional comment of Jedi don't act like that. It does crack me up still to see everyone all fawning over her when she's so darksided she's got the blazing red eyes and all the black veins visible.
There's different dialogue for the Inquisitor (and possibly the Warrior) if you're an alien. Lots of references to the fact my Miraluka SI is alien slave scum (and they're surprised I've gotten as far as I have not being human/sith) but my Zabrak warrior seems to be treated the same as my human warrior was. I think that there was some references to being an alien on my Twi'lek Bounty Hunter, as well. My Sentinel being a Twi'lek wasn't brought up in the Twi'lek village on the starter planet and Twi'leks are one of the default races for Knights so :iiam:

I've also noticed that early on my Chiss IA had some special dialogue with Kaliyo about being Chiss and the Ascendency and I understand there's some extra stuff on Hoth which I haven't gotten to on that character yet.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Mercurius posted:

There's different dialogue for the Inquisitor (and possibly the Warrior) if you're an alien. Lots of references to the fact my Miraluka SI is alien slave scum (and they're surprised I've gotten as far as I have not being human/sith) but my Zabrak warrior seems to be treated the same as my human warrior was. I think that there was some references to being an alien on my Twi'lek Bounty Hunter, as well. My Sentinel being a Twi'lek wasn't brought up in the Twi'lek village on the starter planet and Twi'leks are one of the default races for Knights so :iiam:

I've also noticed that early on my Chiss IA had some special dialogue with Kaliyo about being Chiss and the Ascendency and I understand there's some extra stuff on Hoth which I haven't gotten to on that character yet.

I was kinda hoping for things like a Sith Pureblood smuggler able to bs being a Sith in an emergency thing, but knowing how the Bioware forums can be, someone would bitch about Pureblood favoritism.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

waffledoodle posted:

This was interesting, at least when he's contemplating the possible dangers of popular storytelling all being templated to the Hero's Journey. Although I find it kind of hilarious how much it all unravels by the end. He also Godwins TO THE EXTREME, and while it's a fun question to think about, it's a flawed comparison, since the Emperor is the Hitler equivalent in Star Wars, not Vader. He's just Palpatine's top general. A more accurate question would be "would you forgive Rommel if he conspired against Hitler?" Also my question is more fun, because it's not even hypothetical!

Yeah, this is one of the more nonsensical things I've ever read, and they made us read Tristram Shandy in high school. Dude has about half of a good point and smears it across about ten thousand :words: .

Then again, I usually run full cackly dark side Inquisitor, so maybe I'm the Nazis?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I'm having a lot of fun playing this new Powertech, full dark side BH is pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E

"I'm very discreet,I have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing"

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 22, 2015

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Hipster Occultist posted:

I'm having a lot of fun playing this new Powertech, full dark side BH is pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E

"I'm very discreet,I have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing"

People give it a hard time but I really enjoyed my dark side BH playthrough. You get a lot of quips and one I think I took the wrong way but it made it way funnier.

On one the later planets when choosing to kill someone the line given is "If anyone asks, you were dead when I got here." right before you shoot them. I took it to mean "If anyone asks you, tell them..." which is such a hilariously hosed up joke to make to someone who's about to die, but I'm pretty sure it's just "If anyone asks me, you were already dead".

Oh boy, here I go killing again!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

So, Nonentity, when are we finally getting these?

Also:
:D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Good catch. I used to spend a lot of time browsing the GTN looking for armor that was 4500 credits and mounts that were 112,500 credits (default amounts) but it just got so boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Good catch. I used to spend a lot of time browsing the GTN looking for armor that was 4500 credits and mounts that were 112,500 credits (default amounts) but it just got so boring.

Yeah that was completely by accident as I was looking for pricing to list my own. Next one was at 8.5 million...

I only look for default prices on 500 crew missions now. Got quite a few slicing and diplomacy ones that way.

• Locked thread