Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'd like to think that off camera, C and B rank heroes are all starting to hang out with Licenseless Rider like A and S ranks hang out with Saitama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So on all the talk about who Blast is, wasn't it mentioned at some point that Bang is Blast's (little?) brother? I can't remember when it might have been mentioned, or why I think it, but I could have sworn it came up. I remember it because of the pun progression on the names.
No concrete information on Blast has yet been provided in the Murata redraw.

In ONE's version the only thing we know is the reason why he's seemingly never deployed.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

I really love this and Silver Fang is a real rad dude.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Superalloy Blackluster and Bang are pretty much the chillest of the S ranks we've seen so far.

Superalloy was actively trying to prevent clashes between other S ranks during the Boros arc, and Bang seems to be the only person who can get Tatsumaki to calm down and doesn't really mind people younger than him treating him without the respect he obviously deserves.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The sword is swinging itself.

It's a monster with the disaster level of Demon.

Waffleman_ posted:

I watched so many Chinese martial arts movies I became a Chinese sword!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't have it on hand so pretend I posted that panel where Sonic attacks Saitama with his sword and Saitama shatters the blade with his teeth.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

i vote we convert all existing superheroes/villains into this origin story

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah, that sword is the living avatar of all the ancient weaponry has been relegated to the role of mere decorations. It has already given its speech about how it's time all the ancient and powerful implements of war avenged themselves upon a callous and prideful humanity that would make mere wall-hangings of them.

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So Anubis from Jojo, basically.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That makes me wonder, can Saitama defeat ghosts?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Compendium posted:

I really love this and Silver Fang is a real rad dude.

It's so nice of him to keep treating Saitama and Genos all the time. He's like that joke about grandmas always asking about if you've eaten anything.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Mraagvpeine posted:

Serious Series: Serious Spoilers; Plot Twist "I knew the whole time that he was dead..."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mraagvpeine posted:

Nah, pretty sure you need a teenage ESPer with a flat emotional affect who is learning to open his heart to the experiences of other people in his life for that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So on all the talk about who Blast is, wasn't it mentioned at some point that Bang is Blast's (little?) brother? I can't remember when it might have been mentioned, or why I think it, but I could have sworn it came up. I remember it because of the pun progression on the names.

His brother is Bomb not Blast.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The "I became a <noun> with a threat level of <rank>!" "Threat Level: <lower rank>" joke is already one of my favorites, but I love that it not only claims to be a threat level that's pretty unimpressive compared to even the random one-offs we've seen, but it's actually an even lower level than that. This is great.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roland Jones posted:

The "I became a <noun> with a threat level of <rank>!" "Threat Level: <lower rank>" joke is already one of my favorites, but I love that it not only claims to be a threat level that's pretty unimpressive compared to even the random one-offs we've seen, but it's actually an even lower level than that. This is great.

It's pretty much posturing for monsters.

And yeah I love it too.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

This owns really hard. Bang is also great.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kild posted:

His brother is Bomb not Blast.

what happens when you mix bang with bomb....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stairmaster posted:

Boom.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till we meet the rest of the family.

Bang, Bomb, Boom, Frizz, Sizz, Whack, and Fizzle.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Yeah, can't wait to go through the rest of the Dragon Quest spell list.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Murata often listens to Dragon Quest OSTs while drawing. It's chill as hell.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't have it on hand so pretend I posted that panel where Sonic attacks Saitama with his sword and Saitama shatters the blade with his teeth.

I don't have the panel handy but I have the gif from the anime handy:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
What chapter of ONE's original version should I read if I'm fully caught up in Murata's? I'm giving in and I need to read further ahead :f5:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Chapter 53. It'll feel like you're missing stuff but you aren't - it legitimately jumps right from Garou taking out Tanktop Master to "I have now defeated 20 heroes at A Class and above." There is a good reason Murata is adding more to the Hero Hunt.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

"It was either become a sword or found the Wu-TAng Clan and that's already been done so here I am."

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

muike posted:

Blast doesn't exist but is just there to keep the S rankers from getting too full of themselves. Also I can't wait for Handsomely Masked Sweet Masked's face turn and to join Saitama's crew.

Saitama is probably the only one we've seen in action who can meet Mask's standard of preventing a city from being nuked from orbit the sky. Maybe Tatsumaki too.

Saitama would need a makeover first though. He gets Dr. Stench's hair implants, and then the secret to his power is revealed when he no longer has the versatility and comfort of a bald head multiplying his speed and power.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I assumed the seer was actually tricking boros - just instead of totally making it up, the seer had the prophecy 'here is the one dude that can beat you' and told Boros 'here is the one dude that can challenge you'
I mean, "can beat you" falls under the heading of "can challenge you".

Berk Berkly posted:

You were Blast all along!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

gnome7 posted:

Chapter 53. It'll feel like you're missing stuff but you aren't - it legitimately jumps right from Garou taking out Tanktop Master to "I have now defeated 20 heroes at A Class and above." There is a good reason Murata is adding more to the Hero Hunt.

Thanks a ton. Now my life is meaningless until the newest episode comes out Murata chapter is released / ONE chapter is released :cripes:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Murata often listens to Dragon Quest OSTs while drawing. It's chill as hell.

That's because they're good.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Go read 100 Mob Psycho too.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Amazing, but it'd be perfect if its real level was Wolf. :colbert:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

Give Bang some credit for blocking it with his frickin' chopsticks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Give Bang some credit for blocking it with his frickin' chopsticks.

Yeah, the lower the threat level the less impressive Bang is for cracking it with chopsticks.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I stick by my theory that Blast is Watchdog Man without his costume, and that he is so cool his alter-ego became an S-rank too

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDF2xfcbv8

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

Tiger level seems perfectly appropriate.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bad Seafood posted:

King and Child Emperor playing video games together. :unsmith:

It looks like Metal Bat is the player on the right, I can't make out the player on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless