Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kind of bullcrap that women uniforms don't have exposed midriff and 6-inch heels. Or a big pink bow. How else are we supposed to know they're women, visually?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

Kind of bullcrap that women uniforms don't have exposed midriff and 6-inch heels. Or a big pink bow. How else are we supposed to know they're women, visually?!?!?!

One has chrome armor.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Mokinokaro posted:

One has chrome armor.

The boba fett of the new films taken over by FEMANAZIKKK

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
http://pass-thru-film.com/

Merry Christmas everyone :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Reminds me of this, which combines some of the best music I've ever heard and deep sci fi themes with a hilariously inept video.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Neil Breen is a gift to humanity

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
MechaGamezilla has just posted his yearly Christmas Special!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx1A2Unw1z4 feat. Matthewmatosis

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mokinokaro posted:

One has chrome armor.

Heh, figures, a woman wants to walk in a giant mirror

*angrily and aggressively shits pants*

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Boy, you guys sure are laying some sick burns on those strawmen

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I think it only counts as a strawman if it's not a joke. Like I'm pretty sure nobody here seriously believes that literal poop is considered a valid debate tactic among nerds who can't deal with their franchises having cooties all up ons.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MisterBibs posted:

With a bunch of people complaining about the prequels in a way that distills down to "it's not the Star Wars I emotionally bonded with"

This was, at most, a secondary complaint. The actual problem with the prequels is that they are just terrible goddamn movies.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
There was already boiled piss about lady stormtroopers before the film came out, because Battlefront became a thing a month beforehand. I mean, the internet already decided that it hates that game, it was just the cherry on top that they got to complain about EA being skeleton warriors pandering to literally anyone other than an extremely specific standard of straight men and dress that up as a valid and not-creepy complaint because... overpriced season passes, I guess.

And then there was that hilarious film boycott thing because oh no black and female protags. Surprise, lovely nerds can be especially lovely about the biggest nerd-centric property around, and really want you to know that media doesn't influence people and that's why we need to stop the skeleton propaganda that conspires to influence people.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I wish I could say I didn't believe you, but then I remember that a bunch of idiots threw a shitfit when the latest Mass Effect Andromeda trailer featured FemShep's voice because apparently that meant Bioware were pushing their agenda in their games. I keep expecting morons like this to just go away or something but it seems like they're just getting louder instead.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cubey posted:

I keep expecting morons like this to just go away or something but it seems like they're just getting louder instead.

Well I mean that's pretty much the standard lately for terrible people.

"Guys we're not getting our way 100% of the time anymore, double down!"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Moartoast posted:

I mean, the internet already decided that it hates that game

But, isn't that because the game isn't that good?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

But, isn't that because the game isn't that good?

For the most part yeah pretty much.

It's incredibly pretty, but that doesn't equal much fun after the "Woah" wears off. Some of the modes are already ghost towns, there's only a handful of weapons and so many feel almost identical with there being clear-cut better ones anyway, no classes means everyone ends up building about the same optimal things, the best modes only have like 4 maps to them.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 22, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh and the fact that it's a stripped down version of the previous Battlefront game. And that you'd probably have to py extra for future game modes, assuming its shelf life can even last that far.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
The new BF is basically an entirely different game from the old ones. Like, there are thematic and conceptual similarities, but the structure is almost entirely different on every level, people would probably be way less down on it if it was more of a spiritual successor instead of being called Battlefront, and if it costed $40 and didn't have a loving $50 season pass seriously what the christ. I mean even on its own it still needs some big balance passes (:dice: in a nutshell) but there's a fun game underneath all that.

Still, it could be the shittiest garbage to ever come out of the Star Wars license and it would be equally funny/awful to see shitheads piss blood over lady stormtroopers. They don't even have boob armour, skeleton warriors truly are taking over the world!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Cubey posted:

This was, at most, a secondary complaint. The actual problem with the prequels is that they are just terrible goddamn movies.

It's the primary complaint as long as you (not specifically you) still say they are "just terrible goddamned movies" instead of saying they weren't the ones you bonded with.

To keep this on topic, when a multi-hour Internet Critic Video still boils down to "It's not my star wars" despite all the :words:, the message is that you still have to copy-paste from the original trilogy to avoid angering up that segment of the audience.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I like the prequels now because of all the goon complaints. Same with Man of Steel.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I like the prequels now because of all the goon complaints. Same with Man of Steel.

Ok

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Do you wa nt a cookie? Liking thing that people on the internet hate seem like a shity living to me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's kinda dumb to do the contrarian shtick when the complaints with something are actually valid and said thing is legitimately bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

quick, someone post some fanart, it's like holy water to him

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

It's the primary complaint as long as you (not specifically you) still say they are "just terrible goddamned movies" instead of saying they weren't the ones you bonded with.

To keep this on topic, when a multi-hour Internet Critic Video still boils down to "It's not my star wars" despite all the :words:, the message is that you still have to copy-paste from the original trilogy to avoid angering up that segment of the audience.

Again, I grew up with them and they are loving garbage. I was a kid for the entire Prequel Trilogy. Liked them then, except for Clones, slowly stopped enjoying them after. Way before Mr. Plinkett ever showed up. The PT is my Star Wars, but I don't want it.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Are the prequels your loving religion or something?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love how no one ever addresses any of the issues with the PT it's always "oh bet you got that from that plinkett video huh?". Like, let's ignore all the obvious film making and story flaws in the movie because it's popular to make fun of it.

Maybe it's popular to poo poo on the PT because they're bad films?

No one is pretending that nerds don't hate certain movies for dumb reasons, but pretending like the PT is the unfairly maligned work of art and dumb old geeks only hate it because" IT'S NOT MY STAR WARS!" reeks of desperately wanting to be contrarian.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 22, 2015

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I hope The Force Awakens is less of a miserable slog than this thread.

Anyways, here's Jim Sterling's Top 6 Games video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2TNk10uC5E

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The prequels are alright, but for some reason some people will get into some isnane rage if you say that. It's like a weird religion where the prequels are THE ENEMY and MUST BE DESTROYED.

They were all right. Which, you know, is a let down compared to the original trilogy, which were amazing, but it's not the loving end of the world. Get over it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DStecks posted:

Are the prequels your loving religion or something?

It's MisterBibs, his faith lies in having dumb opinions about most everything.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

The prequels are alright, but for some reason some people will get into some isnane rage if you say that. It's like a weird religion where the prequels are THE ENEMY and MUST BE DESTROYED.

They were all right. Which, you know, is a let down compared to the original trilogy, which were amazing, but it's not the loving end of the world. Get over it.

I don't know, they seem pretty bad to me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The last prequel movie was ten years ago and people are still angry.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The last prequel movie was ten years ago and people are still angry.

Explaining how lovely movies are lovely, when people insist they are good with absolutely nothing to back that up but baseless assertions and a bald refusal to engage with any points which contradict them = angry I guess.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think any amount of negativity gives some of you an immediate panic attack

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This stupid argument will never end so let's just skip it

Kimble Justice goes into detail of the over-hyped fighting game Rise of the Robots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4udiQq5gpY

I feel like Kimble has entered that Every Frame a Painting/Oancitizen style of video for the video game set at this point. It's refreshing to see someone pick a wide assortment of ideas, genres and topics and do actual research and discussion on them. If you haven't checked out Kimble's stuff before this is a pretty great video to start with.

I'd be interested in another long Final Fantasy look, maybe at 8 since that's probably one of the more interesting failures in Square's catologue, a game that isn't AWFUL but has glaring flaws coming after something as massive as 7. It deserves a better look than the Spoony "LOL CLOUD? MORE LIKE EMO GAY!" videos.

Also I'd love a continuation of the video game TV show series but looking at early G4 TV shows, there were some strange and interesting shows on that channel which showed it really could have been something. I guess Youtube sort of killed it though.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'd be interested in another long Final Fantasy look, maybe at 8 since that's probably one of the more interesting failures in Square's catologue, a game that isn't AWFUL but has glaring flaws coming after something as massive as 7. It deserves a better look than the Spoony "LOL CLOUD? MORE LIKE EMO GAY!" videos.
It's not Internet Critic-y, but this Let's Play up in Games has been doing a pretty good job of that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You got a whole new star wars that made Mike Stoklasa himself forget his crippling depression for a whole two minutes and you still won't stop it about the prequels?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MonsieurChoc posted:

but it's not the loving end of the world. Get over it.

Agree these parts yes. I was hoping JJ didn't do anything to erase the prequels, and he didn't. Which is good. Revisionist fan-boy directing is the worst. Glad Neill Blomkamp's Alien movie was put on the back burner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Jack Gladney posted:

You got a whole new star wars that made Mike Stoklasa himself forget his crippling depression for a whole two minutes...

Holy poo poo. This is the best review a new Star Wars movie could possibly get. Now I'm definitely watching it ASAP.

• Locked thread