Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I want Hillary to get elected and, in lieu of a victory speech, proceed to do the Sideshow Bob cackle laugh for five minutes on national television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Talmonis posted:

I want Hillary to get elected and, in lieu of a victory speech, proceed to do the Sideshow Bob cackle laugh for five minutes on national television.

More along the lines of the Simpsons Russia -> USSR sign flip.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Talmonis posted:

If we still have a Republican congress it'll be more like Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes for 5 minutes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

haveblue posted:

If we still have a Republican congress it'll be more like Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes for 4 years.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

haveblue posted:

If we still have a Republican congress it'll be more like Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes for 5 minutes.

Well that's the projected administration, yes. But the victory cackle could be glorious. Might even cause a few aneurisms.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Where does Obama get off thinking he has power and authority huh?

Good thing the next republican president will issue an executive order saying Obama smells and no more homework!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Its more difficult to criticize when: The Executive Order is largely being used to help a humanitarian crises instead of massive war powers

Oh so Obama meant to drop much needed supplies on his own citizens instead of drone missiles.

Okay that makes more sense.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Oh so Obama meant to drop much needed supplies on his own citizens instead of drone missiles.

Man, if Obama killing one American citizen actively engaged in war against the United States makes you this angry, wait until you learn about this guy named Abraham Lincoln.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The search for Obama's Katrina continues....

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

I mean really if you're supposed to be on the Fiscally Repsonsible side here, you should be all about drone striking the traitors who joined with terror groups rather than pay for another ground invasion. Much less expensive...unless of course, your aim is to enrich your friends through no-bid contracts after all.

For parity, "Obama" should use his dedicated propaganda arm to infer that all Republicans who don't toe the line on Syria and Iraq are traitors and "Want the Terrorists to Win". Then things might start to smell like 2003.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Exactly. Money saved.

What are you bitching about, you Fiscally Responsible Republican?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Obama is the new GW Bush, what an rear end in a top hat.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

Its more difficult to criticize when: The Executive Order is largely being used to help a humanitarian crises instead of massive war powers, and in the face of a Congress that constantly is throwing tantrums and saying 'No' to even the most reasonable compromises.

But yes, its all Obama's fault.

I forgot how awesome the Iraq War was. Mission Successful.

Iraq war prevented the genocide of the Yazidis and the rise of ISIL. Obama withdrew too soon, and didn't save enough religious minority lives.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Look at those lame ducks!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's a good long article. Lots of quotable stuff. My takeaway was that Frum danced all around the issue and never came right out and said it: the GOP party elite are losing their grip on their base, they can't continue to lie and abuse their base and expect them to fall in line and vote for a Wall Street stooge. The problem is, they can do it and Frum's ulitimate solution is that the GOP is just going to change the rules of the game at the state level to allow them to do it. it's depressing but true.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Talmonis posted:

For parity, "Obama" should use his dedicated propaganda arm to infer that all Republicans who don't toe the line on Syria and Iraq are traitors and "Want the Terrorists to Win". Then things might start to smell like 2003.

You mean like after Sandy Hook where he was like "if we can save even one child's life, we have to pass gun control"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

You mean like after Sandy Hook where he was like "if we can save even one child's life, we have to pass gun control"

And nothing happened you fuckwit, somehow we stomached toddlers getting gunned down and the GOP just smiled, nodded, said they'd pray and did gently caress all.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Just :lol:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

CommieGIR posted:

And nothing happened you fuckwit, somehow we stomached toddlers getting gunned down and the GOP just smiled, nodded, said they'd pray and did gently caress all.

Hey man, don't pray-shame. Haven't you ever watched a televangical show? It's powerful stuff.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Hey man, don't pray-shame. Haven't you ever watched a televangical show? It's powerful stuff.

It certainly makes wallets grow. Praise Jesus.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, the right doesn't let inflammatory demagoguery and fearmongering strip our constituents of the basic rights they hold dear

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Yes, the right doesn't let inflammatory demagoguery and fearmongering strip our constituents of the basic rights they hold dear

Why? It worked wonders for Bush. And you guys didn't bitch then. Hell, a lot of times you praised it in the name of security and defending freedom.

And it looks like its going to do wonders for Trump too. But, oh wait, as long as the 2nd is safe, it doesn't matter. Gotcha.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 22, 2015

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

...starting now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Blacks, Muslims, Hispanics, etc. are not constituents of the Right. Good and accurate post.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Let me know when Republicans are cool with letting me marry a man of my choosing and not actively campaigning pledging to undo that SCOTUS decision. :allears:

Or are currently led by a dude who wants to intern all Muslims and seconded by a dude who goes "Well maybe not the best idea, but you know, it ain't wrong."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Oh please, Obama was a decent president on domestic issues but his foreign policy has been completely horseshit. The red line nonsense is indefensible if you aren't a complete sycophant, and it's been a series of minor blunders since then.

Like the bar shouldn't be "slightly better than bush" with this poo poo, if you are looking at the current state of the ME and going 'yea that's the best we can hope for' that's just sad. We can and should expect better. And how on earth are we not "mired down in Syria"? Russia is only slightly more involved than we are; we are just better at keeping our guys safe there and hiding the true extent of our involvement. At any rate it's not like Hillary is going to be better on this, she's even more a hawk than some of the republicans.

I think GW's administration was the wake up call, that US efficacy abroad through military means is, and has for a long time, been a mirage. I think you're somewhat idealistic about the ability of American power to reshape the world in any sort of positive direction. Getting together something like a climate change compact is about the extent of American influence, and barely that. The idea that the US had the ability to reshape the ME and change the underlying dynamics and fissures, without just smashing whatever was there until even more instability welled up, is extremely foolish.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Why? It worked wonders for Bush. And you guys didn't bitch then.

And it looks like its going to do wonders for Trump too. But, oh wait, as long as the 2nd is safe, it doesn't matter. Gotcha.

I'm just pointing out that both sides engage in rhetoric like this despite your claim to the contrary.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Yeah abuse of a more centralized Executive used to send the left into convulsions.

Then something happened a few years ago and it became nbd, it is a mystery

Actually there WAS widespread hope that the executives powers would be scaled back and then initial, widespread disappointment that, that did not happen.

You're right though, something DID happen in that Obama's presidency has been mired by a historically dysfunctional legislative body.

This is personal opinion but one which I think is fairly realistic; when one branch of government is refusing to govern, the others must do so by any measure within their power. The division of government isn't just for limitation purposes, but balance. Unfortunately, by law, the Congress is by far the most powerful.

Boon fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 22, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I'm just pointing out that both sides engage in rhetoric like this despite your claim to the contrary.

Remind me again how much Freedoms you are willing to give up in the name of defending freedom as long as its not the 2nd amendment, and how many minorities you are okay with exploiting as long as its not rural white Americans.

Thanks in Advance.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gun laws don't "take away your rights." Nor was Obama calling for all guns to be made illgeal. He was asking for common sense gun control measures. Your constitutional rights are and can be abridged to various degrees and SCOTUS has continually said that's true.

Weird how you only seem to care about this with the Second and Obama.

Boon posted:

Actually there WAS widespread hope that the executives powers would be scaled back and then initial, widespread disappointment that, that did not happen.

You're right though, something DID happen in that Obama's presidency has been mired by a historically dysfunctional legislative body

Almost as if Republicans stopped playing by the established rules of how Washington works for political gain.

But on that point: I also never really complained about Bush's executive actions. They're part of the modern presidency and a side-effect of a polarized legislature that has struggled to pass basic funding, let alone enact meaningful legislation despite majority support for it

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 22, 2015

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

If he's a troll then he's probably the best I've seen in here for quite some time. If he's not then he's not even bothering to address any of the points you all are making and should just be ignored.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

On Terra Firma posted:

If he's not then he's not even bothering to address any of the points you all are making and should just be ignored.

No no, that fits the general conservative method to debating.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Weird how you only seem to care about this with the Second and Obama.

It's because Obama is black and guns are fetishized.

Like seriously. That's the only rational way to explain the rights actions.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I love the whole "We should have started bombing Syria early and removed Assad" tangent.

So which horse should the US have backed? The Al Nusra Front (Al Quaeda butt-buddies)? One of the myriad little ethnic gangs under the Daesh umbrella? Just bomb Assad and let ISIL take over after giving the USAF a high five for the bitching air cover? Some transplant piddly 'democratic' front entity destined to crumble within a year if it ever got to the top, a la Ahmed Chalabi?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Remind me again how much Freedoms you are willing to give up in the name of defending freedom as long as its not the 2nd amendment, and how many minorities you are okay with exploiting as long as its not rural white Americans.

Thanks in Advance.

No.

Stop.

You do not get to claim the moral high ground when your president targeted and killed a Muslim American (also his teenage son - nbd) just because he was on a list somewhere.

The Secretary of State when this decision was made (and has defended it) is now your front runner for President.

Your whining and protestations are partisan and fake - clean your own house.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

No.

Stop.

You do not get to claim the moral high ground when your president targeted and killed a Muslim American (also his teenage son - nbd) just because he was on a list somewhere.

The Secretary of State when this decision was made (and has defended it) is now your front runner for President.

Your whining and protestations are partisan and fake - clean your own house.

If you join a terrorist organization like al qaeda, you're not American and deserve to be treated as an enemy combatant.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

All The GOP Except for Rand Paul posted:

If you join a terrorist organization like al qaeda, you're not American and deserve to be treated as an enemy combatant.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

My Imaginary GF posted:

Oh man does this make me conservative because I genuinely agree with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's because Obama is black and guns are fetishized.

Like seriously. That's the only rational way to explain the rights actions.

What if he were gunmetal black?

• Locked thread