Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Cruz and Trump seem like the only candidates who actually want to win. And Fiorina I guess.

I think Christie genuinely expected everyone to pretend his "bi-partisan rear end in a top hat" schtick wasn't already exposed, or maybe he figured the weak field would look worse in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lycus posted:

I figured that Jeb! legitimately wants to be president while Trump's just trollin'.

Jeb doesn't admit to himself how much he doesn't want to win, but it oozes out of him. Meanwhile Trump can't wait to build that loving wall, I've never seen someone so excited about a wall.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

MaxxBot posted:

I don't know what Rubio's deal is, it seems like he has the political skill to draw more attention to himself if he wanted to. I know he wants to peak late but it seems like now would be the right time and he's not really doing much.

He probably just wants to be the next governor of Florida.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Jeb doesn't admit to himself how much he doesn't want to win, but it oozes out of him.

Haha, what a goddamn loser.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Don Lemon cuts off right-wing talk radio host for calling Bill Clinton a "serial sexual harasser'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Q_MoiI904

"Thank you, we're done!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MaxxBot posted:

I don't know what Rubio's deal is, it seems like he has the political skill to draw more attention to himself if he wanted to. I know he wants to peak late but it seems like now would be the right time and he's not really doing much.

"Not really doing much" is the essence of Rubio's political career so far, why change it up now?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm beginning to get increasingly terrified that Ted Cruz is going to become the nominee and win.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I'm beginning to get increasingly terrified that Ted Cruz is going to become the nominee and win.

I was going to point out when the general populace saw how smug and punchable his face was he'd be toast, but Richard Nixon got elected so...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

New Reuters:

Trump 36.7
Carson 11.3
Cruz 11
Rubio 8.3
Jeb 6.7

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TR130/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20151204-20151222/collapsed/false/spotlight/1

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

not really. cruz is more hateble then trump. and he has a long rapsheet of being a smug prick, burning bridges and loving people over.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The general election is in part a personality contest, and as much as Hillary struggles with personality, HOLLLLLY poo poo Ted Cruz makes Nixon look like 2008 Barack Obama.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Montasque posted:

Don Lemon cuts off right-wing talk radio host for calling Bill Clinton a "serial sexual harasser'.

"Thank you, we're done!"

news networks might be worth watching again just to see a year (well theoretically nine years) of hosts getting clowned

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The general election is in part a personality contest, and as much as Hillary struggles with personality, HOLLLLLY poo poo Ted Cruz makes Nixon look like 2008 Barack Obama.

I'm surprised he's so enthusiastically received by Evangelicals. I guess it's naive but he seems like such a transparent huckster to me, and so clearly full of poo poo, I just don't get how they see him as a folksy "One of Are Own" type.

Relatedly,

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

So that's going to be the hook for the new season of Blackadder.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm surprised he's so enthusiastically received by Evangelicals. I guess it's naive but he seems like such a transparent huckster to me, and so clearly full of poo poo, I just don't get how they see him as a folksy "One of Are Own" type.

Relatedly,

Cruz is what would happen if a televangelist decided to become a politician so it's not that surprising

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

Will some one please explain the signature fridge

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GalacticAcid posted:

I just don't get how they see him as a folksy "One of Are Own" type.

Because even Ben Carson has the good sense not to attend and defend poo poo like the KILL THE GAYS conference.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also peak McCain, schumer and graham

What could possibly have Gilibrand, McCain, Schumer and Graham so giddy simultaneously?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Taleb is that person.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

proclick

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

GalacticAcid posted:

Relatedly,

Evangelicals are insanely susceptible to MLM schemes and other types of fraud that sensible people would see through. They fit exactly the profile of "fraud victim", psychologically. They THINK they know more than everyone else, and lack the self-reflective capacity or humility necessary not to be taken in - remember, arrogant people make the best marks.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cruz apparently made a campaign donation shakedown appearance here today and the local news interviews with the crowd are pretty lol.

"I like Cruz because he doesn't take PAC money and vote like they want him to."

Yeah, the guy who has so many PACs that he can't even name them all something different is notorious for his not being tied to PAC money, grandma.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Montasque posted:

Taleb is that person.

this is true

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Montasque posted:

Taleb is that person.

I am only familiar with him through Twitter, is he as much of a dumbass as he seems?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Fooled by Randomness is probably the best book ever written on the subject so this is sort of disappointing :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Spatula City posted:

Evangelicals are insanely susceptible to MLM schemes and other types of fraud that sensible people would see through. They fit exactly the profile of "fraud victim", psychologically. They THINK they know more than everyone else, and lack the self-reflective capacity or humility necessary not to be taken in - remember, arrogant people make the best marks.

well the center of their faith is literally a bullshit pledge. thats it. so of course they are easy marks.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

:freep:

Enter here!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Adar posted:

Fooled by Randomness is probably the best book ever written on the subject so this is sort of disappointing :(

The guy who wrote BLACK SWAN and ANTIFRAGILE being pro-Trump isn't really much of a stretch for me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Trump is like all the French far right memes of the last five years except on fast forward, the schlong thing reminds me of the quenelle.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Chang?! Where did you go buddy?

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264072-next-gop-debate-stage-could-shrink-to-six-candidates

quote:

Next GOP debate stage could shrink to six candidates

As few as six candidates could make the next GOP presidential debate stage in January, as Fox Business News' new criteria could drastically shrink the field less than a month before the Iowa caucuses.

Fox Business News announced three separate avenues to make the main stage, but those pathways are more restricted than in previous debates. Participants in the main stage debate on Jan. 14 must hit the top six in an average of five recent national polls, or top five in an average of recent polls from Iowa or New Hampshire.

The rest will qualify for another undercard debate, provided that they earn at least 1 percent in one of the qualifying polls.

Last month's CNN debate also relied on early state polling, but set a 4 percent threshold instead. Nine candidates made the network's main event.

Fox Business News, as in the past, hasn't announced which polls it would use. But using current RealClearPolitics averages, Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas), Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.), Ben Carson, former Gov. Jeb Bush (Fla.), and Gov. Chris Christie (N.J.) currently sit in the national top six.

Those six candidates also make up the top five in Iowa in New Hampshire, in a different order. So depending on which polls would qualify, no other candidates would make the main stage as of now.

That would relegate Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.), Carly FIorina, and Gov. John Kasich (Ohio) to the undercard debate weeks before the first votes of 2016 are cast. Candidates may get one more shot on Jan. 28, when Fox News hosts a debate just days before the Feb. 1 Iowa caucus.

its_happening.gif

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Montasque posted:

"Thank you, we're done!"

I don't usually watch CNN. Is it common for Don Lemon to be discussing things with what appears to a random Trump Supporter pulled off the street and some random shock jock I never heard of? The entire premise of this segment confuses me. I don't have much of any respect for Don Lemon but why exactly does he care what these people think?

It kind of went how I expected it to go.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Also, surprising chart I saw on twitter.

trump by far the laziest, rubio near the bottom but not very different from jeb, carson, etc

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I kinda just want to enter so if I win I can destroy that shotgun in a fun manner.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thump! posted:

I kinda just want to enter so if I win I can destroy that shotgun in a fun manner.

I'm pretty sure no one actually wins the gun. If one exists they probably just give it to the staffer tasked with sorting all of the email addresses so they can spam you.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Click on View All Results to add that scrappy up-and-comer "wouldn't vote"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Just now on Fox:

Greta: Why weren't you there for the Senate bill vote?
Rubio: Because Washington stinks!
Greta: That's your job... And Ted Cruz showed up...
Rubio: I was running for President so we no longer have bills like this!
Greta: I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but um... you know how I feel about showing up for your job.

EDIT: How long as Rubio talked about building a wall? Because on Greta he is saying he wants to build a wall...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

The guy who wrote BLACK SWAN and ANTIFRAGILE being pro-Trump isn't really much of a stretch for me.

It's a shock whenever any semi-coherent, sober person announces they are pro-Trump.

Ironic posting aside.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/iowa-progress-project-targets-ted-cruz-217078

Huckabee connected PAC is running negative ads on Cruz in Iowa. Rubio and the ethanol lobby already have anti-Cruz ads running, should be good times.

Don't they realize Cruz winning Iowa is their only hope to defeat Trump?

Answer: No. They're stupid, just as Lord President Trump has said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

"Thank you, we're done!"

I don't recall Herman Cain being protected like this. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

• Locked thread