Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Girls on the coasts in South Florida are hot as gently caress. Still haven't been anywhere where I've seen as many hot chicks on a daily basis as I did back home in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Look at these chumps who have never been to Hawaii.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol @ florida having anything redeemable

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

lol @ florida having anything redeemable

It is truly the armpit of the US. For humidity reasons as well as the stench of regret you get after being there. Florida sucks swamp rear end

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ded posted:

Look at these chumps who have never been to Hawaii.

Yeah. I'm never impressed by mainland except for maybe some California areas after here

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sorry, but Florida will have to settle for being the butthole of America. Jersey is the armpit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Naked Bear posted:

Sorry, but Florida will have to settle for being the butthole of America. Jersey is the armpit.

missouri is the butthole, jersey is the wad of shitpaper stuck in the buttcrack, and florida is the dripping diseased dick of america

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

LingcodKilla posted:

The girls in Florida look good at exactly 18. By 19 they either seem to be pregnant with their second child or toothlessly addicted to meth.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

missouri is the butthole, jersey is the wad of shitpaper stuck in the buttcrack, and florida is the dripping diseased dick of america

Patton Oswalt accurately described it as the scrotum. I agree. It's sweaty, sticks to you, full of smells you don't want, and full of unkempt flora. gently caress the whole loving state. gently caress the everglades, gently caress the beaches, the women and men are self entitled prissy cunts.

I hate it OP. Never again.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The fishing and crabbing had potential.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I liked Orlando/the space coast. :shrug:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Please, Texas is the rear end in a top hat of the US, Florida is the dong, and the Mississippi/Alabama coast is the humid, sweaty taint.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
NY/SF are where it's at. They just wear fewer clothes in Florida/Hawaii. I wouldn't actually want to sleep with anyone from Florida and in Hawaii they are from Missouri/Arkansas/some shithole and broke anyways.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
If we're basing anatomy on geography, Florida is the dick, Texas is the nutsack, Arizona/New Mexico is the taint and California is the rear end, with the Bay Area being, appropriately, the rear end in a top hat.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf-xePlM-zg

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
They made Texas the dick but whatever.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lazy Reservist posted:

If we're basing anatomy on geography, Florida is the dick, Texas is the nutsack, Arizona/New Mexico is the taint and California is the rear end, with the Bay Area being, appropriately, the rear end in a top hat.

Renter spotted.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

lightpole posted:

NY/SF are where it's at.

lol no.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Any place the military puts down a base is a pile of poo poo. If it wasn't one before decades of idiots and dependents will terraform it into their native pile of poo poo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

lightpole posted:

NY/SF are where it's at. They just wear fewer clothes in Florida/Hawaii. I wouldn't actually want to sleep with anyone from Florida and in Hawaii they are from Missouri/Arkansas/some shithole and broke anyways.

Cool America places I like

By Booblord

Age 33

Mr N4I's class

: Coastal Maine, Charleston, the Islands off the coast of Georgia, Rural Colorado, Rogers Arkansas (its weird but there's a really nice mid sized town in Arkansas with nice locals and a really clean town), Chicago (just for the food an how sad the locals look everytime sports are brought up), Most of Arizona (except for the Indian reservations, Phoenix and Tucson), San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Dallas isn't bad if you have friends there

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
How about a historical idiot?

John C. Woods, the army's hangman during WWII.

Look at this guy

Before the war he joined the Navy but then immediately went AWOL and got kicked out after a psychological evaluation deemed he was a gently caress-up. He drifted around doing menial labor before eventually getting drafted into the army as an engineer. While in France he lied about having experience as a hangman and was given the job, along with an immediate promotion from Pvt to MSgt, by the Army who were looking for someone to hang murderous and/or rapey soldiers. He hosed up most of them, naturally.

When the war ended and we started hanging Nazis he hosed those up too. Instead of having their necks broken quickly and cleanly a lot of them dangled until they suffocated. Additionally the gallows were built incorrectly and the trap door was too small so a lot of the condemned ended up smashing their faces on the way down. No one really cared because, well, they were Nazis so gently caress them.

After the war he went back to being an engineer and in 1950 while working on the Marshall Islands he accidentally electrocuted himself while attempting to repair a lighting set.

The End!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Scratch Monkey posted:

How about a historical idiot?

John C. Woods, the army's hangman during WWII.

Look at this guy

Before the war he joined the Navy but then immediately went AWOL and got kicked out after a psychological evaluation deemed he was a gently caress-up. He drifted around doing menial labor before eventually getting drafted into the army as an engineer. While in France he lied about having experience as a hangman and was given the job, along with an immediate promotion from Pvt to MSgt, by the Army who were looking for someone to hang murderous and/or rapey soldiers. He hosed up most of them, naturally.

When the war ended and we started hanging Nazis he hosed those up too. Instead of having their necks broken quickly and cleanly a lot of them dangled until they suffocated. Additionally the gallows were built incorrectly and the trap door was too small so a lot of the condemned ended up smashing their faces on the way down. No one really cared because, well, they were Nazis so gently caress them.

After the war he went back to being an engineer and in 1950 while working on the Marshall Islands he accidentally electrocuted himself while attempting to repair a lighting set.

The End!

Good god that photo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looking at that picture, all I can think of is Igner from Futurama saying "We're owl exterminators."

"We need someone to be a hangman."
"I'm hangman."
"You're an experienced hangman?"
"I'm hangman, I hang the mans."

How can you lie about experience as a hangman? I'd at least ask what prison he worked at. Otherwise you could just be hiring some guy who hangs hitchhikers and loners in his home town.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It wouldn't be difficult to come up with the name of a prison that seemed plausible. Hell, he probably went all out and said he worked at Alcatraz, it was still open at the time. I can name a handful of prisons with capital punishment right now.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

WWII was an interesting time in terms of military operation and oversight. The war was so large, so all encompassing, and so full of non-career soldiers who neither wanted to do more than what was required to survive the conflict nor cared what their day-to-day actions would do to their future careers, it made the decision making process much different than how it works today. When the need for a hangman arose the officer who had the job of finding a hangman, and finding him ASAP, probably took a look at the first guy to express willingness, saw that he could be spared from his current duties, and said "Good enough, you got the job" and moved on.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this Nazi for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad Nazi. Not like going down the pond chasin' Italians and SS Freiwilligen. This Nazi, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and hang him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many engineers in this ETO. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole drat thing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wild T posted:

Any place the military puts down a base is a pile of poo poo. If it wasn't one before decades of idiots and dependents will terraform it into their native pile of poo poo.

San Diego is still p. cool.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.

Cojawfee posted:

How can you lie about experience as a hangman? I'd at least ask what prison he worked at. Otherwise you could just be hiring some guy who hangs hitchhikers and loners in his home town.

Are you kidding? Pretty much every billet I've held in the Navy was like this. I wouldn't even bat an eye at that conversation.

"We need a hangman"

"I played hangman once, I think"

"Close enough, here's a three day pass for volunteering for arduous duty, your country thanks you, report on Monday"

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

hogmartin posted:

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this Nazi for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad Nazi. Not like going down the pond chasin' Italians and SS Freiwilligen. This Nazi, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and hang him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many engineers in this ETO. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole drat thing.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Cojawfee posted:

Pretty sure serial killers take more pride in their work than that guy.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

hogmartin posted:

we're gonna need a bigger rope

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hell you offer me an instant promotion to Mstg Hangman I'd say "How high".

It's still hard to believe he was the most competent person they could find.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hanging people isn't exactly pleasant work. I'm not surprised they didn't have a line of people trying to sign up.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Godholio posted:

Hanging people isn't exactly pleasant work.

I doubt being in Europe during WWII was pleasant, either. At least there's a smaller chance of getting hit by mustard gas if you're in the rear hanging bad soldiers.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Godholio posted:

Hanging people isn't exactly pleasant work. I'm not surprised they didn't have a line of people trying to sign up.

Ask David Carradine next time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Aranan posted:

I doubt being in Europe during WWII was pleasant, either. At least there's a smaller chance of getting hit by mustard gas if you're in the rear hanging bad soldiers.

It all depends on what you're doing and where you are. I seriously doubt they were asking for volunteers from the leading edge. The guy was an engineer so he could've been anywhere...and chances are he was at a larger facility getting poo poo on by 90% of the population because they all outranked him.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Aranan posted:

mustard gas wasnt used in ww2 except by the japs against the chinese :ssh:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Was just a big mistake. They thought it was a condiment seasoning before they ate them.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

mustard gas wasnt used in ww2 except by the japs against the chinese :ssh:

It was also used by the Italians against the Abyssinians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Albert Pierrepoint