Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Finally finished the post-it as the keeper.

Conclusion: gently caress the keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Toxxupation posted:

I dunno how many people here have played undertale, or know of the mod, but the binding of isaac undertale mod is really, really good

it's much more than a sprite replacement, all the characters are unique and have different starting items and stats so it genuinely feels like a totally different game when you play it

plus the music is actually, you know, good since it's undertale music, and honestly totally fits

also the floors look really good as opposed to the boring and/or garbage environements like the cellar and the burning basement

Checked this out and it's pretty cool! Love the character starting setups--they're honestly better than regular Isaac's, though most of them make the game a little easy. But that's ok, it's still fun which is what matters in the end.

Wish I could just take some of these characters and put them into the regular rotation. I love Sans with his Soy Milk and "Gaster Blaster". That's so cool to play as and nothing like it in the normal Isaac rotation.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 23, 2015

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

So what's up with the brimstone spiders in the womb that can pin you against the door you just came in from? That's twice now they've ended REALLY good Lost runs for me and I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Those suck, especially because their brimstone beam moves slightly at the end of their attack.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Beam spiders are the worst followed by beam ghosts, then beam everything else

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Beam ghosts are better than the other ghosts, at least.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Tried anothrr run, got nine lives and death's touch, finally felt like i could have a good go at mega satan

Not a single angel room for the entire run. Donated 12 cents, completed every beggar, nothing but devil deals

Did i mention the RNG hates me?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Beam spiders are the worst followed by beam ghosts, then beam everything else

I just hate the room at the womb where you start at the top and there' s a beam spider there and it fires almost immediately and you can't do a drat thing! Ended a few pre-mantle Lost runs for me pissed me off so much.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

This game is still showing me things I've not seen before. This was a random closet in C1.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
finally got the mantle on lost

next stop: godhead :negative:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

Beam ghosts are better than the other ghosts, at least.

The hell they are, beam ghosts are way worse than regular ghosts and even those are annoying as gently caress.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Regular ghosts wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have 1000000 hp

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
None of those ghosts wouldn't be so bad if they weren't untouchable for like 4x the amount of time they're vulnerable.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

How long has Bobby-Bombs made Bob's Rotten Head a homing missile?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh hi explosivo

oh hi beam ghosts and normal ghosts..

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Zoness posted:

finally got the mantle on lost

next stop: godhead :negative:

Yeah welcome to my world. Pull up a chair cos the mega satan fight is gonna SUCK

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

bassguitarhero posted:

So what's up with the brimstone spiders in the womb that can pin you against the door you just came in from? That's twice now they've ended REALLY good Lost runs for me and I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that

The worst part is you used to be able to hug the upper wall and not take damage immediately. They changed it in Afterbirth for some hosed up reason.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Slime posted:

The hell they are, beam ghosts are way worse than regular ghosts and even those are annoying as gently caress.

i always know exactly where a beam ghost is shooting so it's no prob, they fire in one direction and i kill them. Those loving normal ghosts will face left, I'll stand below them and fire tears, and they'll puke out their monstro's lung blast of tears directly at me despite facing left. I'd rather deal with predictable ghosts with super range than unpredictable ghosts any day.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
whats worse - ghosts or spiders?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Zoness posted:

Write-in vote for Boneys. Not the new ones for some reason, just the regular old Rebirth ones.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Skaw posted:

Write-in vote for Boneys. Not the new ones for some reason, just the regular old Rebirth ones.

The new ones stand still when they fire.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

Ghosts. Spiders at least don't force you wait for them to appear.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Mega satan defeated with the Lost. All it took was death's touch, nine lives, tractor beam, proptosis, lost contact, and every drat tears up in the game

Mega satan couldnt get a single tear out

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yeah MegaSatan is pretty decent because it's just a matter of getting the right incredibly overpowered build that destroys him in a few hits. Hush (and to a lesser extend Greed) are worse because you can't really do that with them, or at least it's much harder to get to that level of power.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

i always know exactly where a beam ghost is shooting so it's no prob, they fire in one direction and i kill them. Those loving normal ghosts will face left, I'll stand below them and fire tears, and they'll puke out their monstro's lung blast of tears directly at me despite facing left. I'd rather deal with predictable ghosts with super range than unpredictable ghosts any day.

I'll also give the brimstone ghosts some credit, as I just dealt with an overwhelming greed run with them. I was getting overrun with Maggy, until those guys mopped up a lot of the annoying enemies for me.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skaw posted:

I agree with this post, because the new explodey ones make it easier to take out the other ones near it

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah MegaSatan is pretty decent because it's just a matter of getting the right incredibly overpowered build that destroys him in a few hits. Hush (and to a lesser extend Greed) are worse because you can't really do that with them, or at least it's much harder to get to that level of power.

I was considering restart+d4 until you start w/ gnawed leaf but that actually makes it harder to get to hush so :v:.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Not looking forward to Hush as Lost since I will never be able to dodge dimensional tears

well, thankfully, there's apparently a way to trivialize the Hush too but it probably requires a very specific loadout?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

voltcatfish posted:

Not looking forward to Hush as Lost since I will never be able to dodge dimensional tears

well, thankfully, there's apparently a way to trivialize the Hush too but it probably requires a very specific loadout?

aside from the obvious ones of gnawed leaf + passive damage or chaos card?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I heard you could get things that just negate his iron defense and destroy him like any other boss but maybe that's only mega satan

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Nah that was patched out, it used to be midas' touch removed the armor buff he had.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

I think i got past it with stopwatch & death's touch + guppy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JVNO posted:

MDWK
JEW8

Just scored a seed of Eden with Sacred Heart and Mega Blast.

Yeah, this run is much more broken than it is given credit for. By the end, I had Death's Touch, holy shots, incubus, fate's reward, wire coat hangers, abbadon, it was just loving mental. It shred through Hush.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I beat Hush for the first time today. Had 20/20, slow shot, a few damage and fire rate ups, fruit cake and that eye thing that makes your tears ) shaped. Plus probably something else too, maybe wafer and cancer, though that may have been another run attempt. The fruit cake effects were a sight to behold :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Major Helper posted:

Oh well, bye bye blank card dreams. Guess I won't be getting Lilith anytime soon, as greed mode's impossible with Azazel and nothing good in the shop, ever.

Azazel's probably one of the more fun characters for greed mode tho :v:. Even postnerf he's one of the faster room clears and you get to check out a curse room of your choice in exchange for your fool card.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 24, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

voltcatfish posted:

Ask me about getting to Hush with a non Mantle Lost and blowing through an entire 9 Lives and then one lucky Collar death before finally not biting it to those when it had like a third of its health left.

Bonus points for my Keeper attempt where he only had like a sliver of health left and got caught in a swarm that knocked my swallowed penny coin so far out that I lost i-frames before I could get it.

Hush is soooo dumb and I can't wait until I don't have to fight him any more.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

The Soul is incredibly helpful for Hush. Or three orbitals (play gambling machines for a chance for pretty flies).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

you know what the worst and only genuinely broken boss in this game is? the haunt

gently caress the haunt

gently caress everything about the haunt

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nah i think the bloat is the worst boss to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are everyone's favorite mods for this game? Also I think someone mentioned a while back about a mod that gives all the characters Spidermod to start and I'd really like to have a link to that/a guide to doing it.