Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
first of all, i was listening to it in my normal state

secondly, kiss my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The only problems I've heard from this new sound setup come from this weeks Fisticuffs video. Matt was almost entirely drowned out by his own bass and then on a few times when any of them start to get loud their audio cracks up.

I mean I'm sure this will all get straightened out as they get familiar with it but there wasn't anything weird about the podcast, I felt.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I see now why Matt doesn't like doing the podcasts...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt, I know you probably already thought about this, but have you tried hiring a fancy editor or agent to upload videos for you like other youtubers?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oh my god, Liam literally goes "You didn't win" about the PSO2 bet :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

He's just loving with Pat

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat on twitter said some words about the steam sale that I agree with.

And that is Binary Domain is on sale for $3.75 and you should go loving play that game. It's loving great.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The ending to that last Devil's Third video is amazing. This sorta voiceclip spam is the first thing I thought of when I saw that part of the video. Kinda reminded of Goose Howard.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pat on twitter said some words about the steam sale that I agree with.

And that is Binary Domain is on sale for $3.75 and you should go loving play that game. It's loving great.
Big Bo is the best, Woolie can suck it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HGH posted:

The ending to that last Devil's Third video is amazing. This sorta voiceclip spam is the first thing I thought of when I saw that part of the video. Kinda reminded of Goose Howard.

Big Bo is the best, Woolie can suck it.

Everyone is the best. Even snippy british rear end in a top hat is the best in that game, and the robot enemies were cool and had a lot of neat gameplay shenanigans with the body part shooting and what not.

Good game, worth More than the $4 you can get for it right now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8k23znC73E trailer for the spooky's house of jump scares DLC coming out december 29th, the scariest day of the year

would love to see matt and pat take a crack at it as a follow-up to that amazing shitstorm video

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8k23znC73E trailer for the spooky's house of jump scares DLC coming out december 29th, the scariest day of the year

would love to see matt and pat take a crack at it as a follow-up to that amazing shitstorm video

We will.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Rad

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It's kind of an overly personal thing to ask, and I'm probably reading too much of myself into it, but given Pat's response to the mortality question on the podcast, has he considered medication? I mean, he seems to be living a fully functional life (by weird Pat standards), so it's not like he needs to, but I experienced a lot of the same stuff and not having to deal with daily attacks of existential terror has been a huge step up in my life quality.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is Vessel jut not updating today?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's kind of an overly personal thing to ask, and I'm probably reading too much of myself into it, but given Pat's response to the mortality question on the podcast, has he considered medication? I mean, he seems to be living a fully functional life (by weird Pat standards), so it's not like he needs to, but I experienced a lot of the same stuff and not having to deal with daily attacks of existential terror has been a huge step up in my life quality.

Does medication actually help with stuff like that or is it just placebo or whatever because I'm kind of in the same boat but just kinda wrote it off as "everyone must be the same to some extent" and just lean on that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blockhouse posted:

Is Vessel jut not updating today?

Ep X of Final Fantasy 10 went up a little bit ago, but no 3 pm video, which kinda sucks a bit for me since it was my last day of Vessel trial and I was really hoping to cap it off with the finale to the lets play that got me to start up the trial in the first place.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really don't want a derail about Pat's mental health but I always got the impression that he was playing up that stuff more as the character Pat on best friends and not the real Pat.

However as someone currently taking Prozac for depression,it has definitely helped my mood a lot and I'd recommend at least seeing a psychiatrist to try the same if you are feeling depressed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's really funny to me that Devil's Third treats cold war futurepast Japan as being on the same level as Russia and the USA

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ep X of Final Fantasy 10 went up a little bit ago, but no 3 pm video, which kinda sucks a bit for me since it was my last day of Vessel trial and I was really hoping to cap it off with the finale to the lets play that got me to start up the trial in the first place.

Matt and Woolie loving killed it in this episode.

I haven't laughed this hard at a SBF video in a long time.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dexie posted:

Matt and Woolie loving killed it in this episode.

The Final Fantasy X playthrough is quite good. You could definitely call it the dark horse of Best Friends LPs.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I'm thinking that way too. A bit sad how the views are sagging.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think that's just the risk of doing RPGs, unfortunately

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

11/10

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Does medication actually help with stuff like that or is it just placebo or whatever because I'm kind of in the same boat but just kinda wrote it off as "everyone must be the same to some extent" and just lean on that.

Dude

You should talk to a doctor, and a therapist, if that stuff is happening to you. It's not all "happy pills" like some folks like to call them. They can drastically reduce anxiety and panic attacks amongst other things, I've been on liquid citalopram(generic celexa) for four years and it's been hugely beneficial in my everyday life as well as helping reduce stress by anxiety and such.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
medication doesn't make you artificially happy, it just makes you feel like not poo poo. But it does actually work.

If feeling less like poo poo is something you're interested in, please talk to a medical professional.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo this is a good podcast so far, took a half hour to acclimate but everyone's voices are fine though Woolie sounds sick

"I'd spend Christmas with the kiritos"

"You just wanna gently caress your sister."

"No, I wanna gently caress HIS sister"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It can be very helpful, absolutely. In my case, anti-depressants have been a literal lifesaver, and all these drugs have to prove themselves to be better than placebos in double-blind tests. If you're thinking about it, I'd see a psychiatrist and have a talk; I wish I had a lot sooner in my life.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea a good rule of thumb is if you're in a place where you're genuinely thinking 'hm, would anti-depressants help me live my life better' it probably is a good idea to ask a professional that question too. Like, the literal worst case situation there is the doctor says 'nah you seem good'. They're not magic life fixing drugs that will solve every problem but they sure as hell helped me a lot.

Also, actually on topic, I agree the FFX playthrough is fantastic, it seems some people just instantly switch off at any RPG LPs but I'm loving it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do people actually like every random encounter being uncut in rpg playthroughs?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheRealestMatt posted:

You do have to remember that this week is Christmas so people are probably spending their time elsewhere. Sorry to hear people aren't watching though!

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Really dug Why I Like The Thing, any chance of it becoming a recurring piece, maybe even with the other three doing their own? I just love it when you guys take the time to dig a little deeper into media like this, or Woolie and Pat in Mirror's Edge/I Have No Mouth.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The big thing that I learned after going on the medication is just how much of the whole anxiety reaction is purely a physical response. I mean I don't like contemplating my own mortality, but it used to be if I let my mind wander onto the subject it was like my whole body tensed up, it became hard to breathe, and basically a bunch of unpleasant stuff that you associate with fear, and it would take a hell of a lot of self-distraction to set the ship straight (no joke, I would start singing the Professor Brothers 'JFK' under my breath whenever it happened because I had to focus on the lyrics), and even when it wasn't happening, I was walking on eggshells because it could happen without warning. And now, well, I don't get that. It hasn't changed some fundamental aspect of who I am or anything. The only differences I have noticed at all are "I no longer have horrible panic attacks" and "Now I have sweet super-intense dreams every night". It's pretty rad!

When in doubt, talk to your doctor about it. Seriously, the worst that happens is things go exactly as they are, the best is that suddenly an aspect of your life that is lovely for no good reason goes pof.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm heavily tempted to pay them the 120$can to continue the bet for another year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah that whole bet segment was magnificent

This whole thing has been fantastic, they need to do more emailcasts

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If my life ends up getting improved by this thread then man that's gonna be something. Was always the kind of guy that would tell myself "I can get over things like this, if I do it without medication I'll be a stronger person for it." but 26 years and it's not quite shaking out like I thought.

Tae posted:

Do people actually like every random encounter being uncut in rpg playthroughs?

It's usually preferred. Favorite of mine is showing off a new enemy type and cutting it from there and only keeping interesting encounters or formations like near party wipes.

Also I really don't think it's a spoiler but Matt kinda asked in this video but FFX works with item fusion, the empty slots on your weapons can get augmented by items after you get Riku I think. Like 20 eyedroppers and you can add Blindtouch to a sword. Same for teaching your summons spells.

Just give Bahamut like 50 tiny eyedroppers and he can suddenly learn a darkness spell.

Edit: Man listening to the podcast more and the mortality chat about how you can die before something your excited about gets release got to me. As a kid that started for me around the time Super Mario Sunshine came out and I kept thinking "man what if a car runs me over I'll never get to play my cool game" or something and I'd just kinda gently caress myself over constantly- and it still happens to various degrees to this day.

This chat is toooo real.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 24, 2015

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
You know, emotional abuse is still abuse, you don't need to beat the poo poo out of your kid to be a really lovely parent.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Forgall posted:

You know, emotional abuse is still abuse, you don't need to beat the poo poo out of your kid to be a really lovely parent.

I'm behind on FFX. are matt and/or woolie saying jecht isn't an abusibe rear end in a top hat? 'cause that's kind of hosed up.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

its hard for my western brain to follow jrpgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Woolie talks poo poo about Matt not being able to spell Rihanna, then immediately misspells it himself :allears: