Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Ketchup on hot dogs is garbage hth

Also the Rams' color rush jerseys were good and I'm sad that may have been the last game in St. Louis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If the Chargers do move to LA, it's another chance for them to finally start using the powder blues as their standard home jersey.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If the Chargers do move to LA, it's another chance for them to finally start using the powder blues as their standard home jersey.

Powder blue unis with white letters outlined in embroidered sunny yellow... Oooh, so pretty HARDKORRE

That is how you counter the Raiders. Sophisticated use of pastels.

Eat_at_Milliways
May 3, 2006
bald_kid

Black and power blue can be the new USC/UCLA

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Eat_at_Milliways posted:

Black and power blue can be the new USC/UCLA

Won't somebody think of the Bloods? :ohdear:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Is there a good place for college reproduction jerseys like there is for NFL stuff?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Are we talking knockoffs?

Cuz the best place for any knockoffs is aliexpress.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I wanted to buy a Von Miller Super Bowl jersey but my size ran out. NFL shop won't tell me when or if they'll restock the size I want. Do these things eventually pop up for sale again or are they typically limited release? As you can tell I have no experience shopping this time of year. If I'm hosed for waiting too long, I suppose I can buy a knock off (or get the regular white jersey), but I want a legit one. :(

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

Are we talking knockoffs?

Cuz the best place for any knockoffs is aliexpress.

Man, you're not kidding - finally, a reasonably priced OJ Simpson jersey!. Also, 3 DONG HORSE, as a weirdo collector of jerseys, usually the Superbowl ones go on sale again later, closer to the start of preseason methinks - I ended up getting a Ray Lewis XLVII jersey for like $50. To be fair, he also retired after that game, and it was a the purple home jersey instead of the actual white one, but hey! It has the patch on it!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And in knockoffchat, I've ordered a Brees home jersey (and a Syndergaard Mets jersey, the alt home ones, with the orange script on blue) from Aliexpress. Will post pics when it arrives.

Help I'm down the jersey collecting hole.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
A Brees jersey? :wtc: You need to just pick your team and stick to em. No one wants some wishy washy, flip flopping Limey cheering for their team one week and the rival the next. This is an American forum, where we practice American values. Be more stolid and steadfast, like my good friend Mel Mudkiper.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have one jersey and it's not even a jersey it's a Dolphins shirt that says Welker on the back

got it at goodwill for 2 dollars

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

A Brees jersey? :wtc: You need to just pick your team and stick to em. No one wants some wishy washy, flip flopping Limey cheering for their team one week and the rival the next. This is an American forum, where we practice American values. Be more stolid and steadfast, like my good friend Mel Mudkiper.

Oh, I'm still 100% a Bills fan. Saints are just my passing NFC team, and not particularly die-hard. Ideally I'd like a jersey from each team (even if this means kicking myself in the dick and buying a Pats one eventually).

I just like collecting jerseys.

Ehud posted:

I have one jersey and it's not even a jersey it's a Dolphins shirt that says Welker on the back

got it at goodwill for 2 dollars

Not even a Marino jersey? I was led to believe you traded your soul for one as soon as you become a Dolphins fan.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 20, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Not even a Marino jersey? I was led to believe you traded your soul for one as soon as you become a Dolphins fan.

My dad bought me an authentic Marino jersey when I was a kid and my sister's boyfriend sold it to a pawn shop.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh, I'm still 100% a Bills fan. Saints are just my passing NFC team, and not particularly die-hard. Ideally I'd like a jersey from each team (even if this means kicking myself in the dick and buying a Pats one eventually).

I have a Charlie Frye or Brady Quinn jersey for your token Browns one, if you would like. Maybe only one of them, I don't remember if I gave one away already. Obviously I don't buy jerseys anymore.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I wanted to buy a Von Miller Super Bowl jersey but my size ran out. NFL shop won't tell me when or if they'll restock the size I want. Do these things eventually pop up for sale again or are they typically limited release? As you can tell I have no experience shopping this time of year. If I'm hosed for waiting too long, I suppose I can buy a knock off (or get the regular white jersey), but I want a legit one. :(

Nike is particularly bad about this. You're likely out of luck unless you go with a reseller or B&M store that has them sitting out. I bought my Super Bowl hoodie the day of the game. A friend of mine wanted the same one, but it never came back in stock online.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I just like collecting jerseys.

Please don't buy a Chargers jersey

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If it's any consolation, it'll be a knockoff so the team don't get any money from it.

Plus it'll be an LdT jersey.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

If it's any consolation, it'll be a knockoff so the team don't get any money from it.

Plus it'll be an LdT jersey.

Knockoff Jags jerseys look awful, just a warning. But real ones are pretty cheap, you might even be able to get one domestically.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

Knockoff Jags jerseys look awful, just a warning. But real ones are pretty cheap, you might even be able to get one domestically.

There's probably a bunch left in London.

But I'm insisting it must be a Bortles jersey :colbert:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

There's probably a bunch left in London.

But I'm insisting it must be a Bortles jersey :colbert:

I can get you a classic teal MJD or BLACKMON Jersey for like 10 (plus shipping) bux. Hell, I'm getting my dog one. The new official dog jerseys are a rip-off!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

My dad bought me an authentic Marino jersey when I was a kid and my sister's boyfriend sold it to a pawn shop.

My aunt got me one in middle school and I wore it all the time until someone stole it in gym class and they never found out who :smith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I have two child-sized Marino jerseys that I use as cleaning rags. They can't be authentic though, they go to Bowls pretty often.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I have two child-sized Marino jerseys that I use as cleaning rags. They can't be authentic though, they go to Bowls pretty often.

Lol

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Scratch another off the list. And this is my first 100% legit jersey. Just got it cheap because it's one of the old Reebok ones.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

streeeeeeetch

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are the Rams or any other team making any uniform moves this off season?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Are the Rams or any other team making any uniform moves this off season?

God, I would love if the Rams went back to royal blue/yellow. I know it'll look dated, but those unis are so good.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Everything the Rams have shown so far has been the exact same except with Los Angeles in place of St. Louis.

My guess is they switch to the classic blue/yellow a few years down the line when they move into the new stadium. The fans clearly prefer it.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Kevyn posted:

Everything the Rams have shown so far has been the exact same except with Los Angeles in place of St. Louis.

My guess is they switch to the classic blue/yellow a few years down the line when they move into the new stadium. The fans clearly prefer it.

I'd bet they switch back to Blue and White actually. They seemed to want to make their throwbacks into those colors before the blue and yellow ones a few years ago.

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 25, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
From a scumbag ownership perspective it makes perfect sense to get LA to buy the old jerseys for a couple years before updating.

The Rams ownership would never stoop so low as to consider that, I'm sure.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Was there a schedule of nike re-designs for uniforms or was it more an opt in thing with teams?

I couldn't remember whether it was only a few teams like the Buccs and Browns who were going for a big update or if all the teams were eventually getting their stuff changed?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

Was there a schedule of nike re-designs for uniforms or was it more an opt in thing with teams?

I couldn't remember whether it was only a few teams like the Buccs and Browns who were going for a big update or if all the teams were eventually getting their stuff changed?

It's not mandatory. Some teams decided to do it.

Mostly just bad teams who are trying to give their fans something to care about.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

Mostly just bad teams who are trying to give their fans something to care about.

Didn't the Browns make a big song and dance about changing the shade of orange they use?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ehud posted:

Does that mean the dolphin is getting his helmet back?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Didn't the Browns make a big song and dance about changing the shade of orange they use?

And the people mocked the butcher for his timidity, not knowing his carnal designs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MrLogan posted:

Does that mean the dolphin is getting his helmet back?

Our redesign was taking the helmet off, unfortunately.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

i think they just announced it like any team announces it, but they gave a side-by-side comparison so you could see it was not very much at all

then it turned out to be dog poo poo like everything else about the jersey change

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
So, lately i've been on the hunt for a throwback Seahawks jersey (80s-90s), but i'd like a custom Lynch one. A few teams sell custom throwbacks, but it seems the Seahawks aren't one of them. Anyone got any ideas? I've had a look around some sites that sell fakes, but they don't seem to do them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
If you're trying on aliexpress, look for a seller that does every team, and if they don't mention throwbacks, try asking them if they do those as well. That's how I found the seller I used last summer, but it's gone now. You might get a response in Engrish, but they're usually pretty quick, and worse case is it shouldn't cost more than $50~

• Locked thread