Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I fiddled around throwing discharge on my CoC cyclone and with triple curse (via blasphemy), it actually worked pretty well despite having a really low crit chance. I'm considering making a budget CoC Discharge using that principle. I am sorta getting tired of using Cyclone though. It gets fiddly with terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I fiddled around throwing discharge on my CoC cyclone and with triple curse (via blasphemy), it actually worked pretty well despite having a really low crit chance. I'm considering making a budget CoC Discharge using that principle. I am sorta getting tired of using Cyclone though. It gets fiddly with terrain.

Incidentally Mathil just updated his cyclone coc discharge guide very recently. The big addition is using blade vortex with power charge on critical - it generates absolute poo poo loads of power charges. He says this version of the build does more damage without voll's devotion than the old version did with it, which is loving insane. Looks like it needs a vagan dagger, enough elreon jewelry to cover cyclone's cost, and a 5 link voll's protector.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This thread need cake.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Shoulda made it a real bday cake and put an exalt at least on there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just had an exalt and an (almost max rolls) Drillneck drop in the same map. Feels good man.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 23, 2015

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

quote:

Fixed a bug where you were unable to equip a bow on top of an already equipped bow, if you had a quiver equipped.
Fixed a bug where equipping a bow when you only had a quiver equipped would cause your quiver to be placed on your cursor.

Was wondering when this bug crept in.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

ronya posted:

Was wondering when this bug crept in.

Yeah that was incredibly annoying, I was wondering why it kept doing that.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

RIP Contagion spreading through walls.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

quote:

The pieces which remain after shattering an enemy are now removed after a short period of time. This results in a general improvement to client performance in areas full of shattered enemies.
Thank god, this is a huge change! Maybe now I won't go to 1 fps if I shatter a room full of mobs.

Also, is anyone having issues logging in? I can't seem to log in on any of the US servers.

Edit: Oh, down for maintenance apparently.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Fixed a bug where Bladefall was unable to hit targets around corners.
The pieces which remain after shattering an enemy are now removed after a short period of time. This results in a general improvement to client performance in areas full of shattered enemies.

Good fixes.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

quote:

Fixed a bug where skills (from both players and monsters) which dealt chaos damage over time were doing far too much damage when supported by Poison.

Hang on, this is a pretty big deal.

Rip supporting essence drain with poison, it seems to have been scaling the poison DoT from ED's secondary DoT.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
:woop:

quote:

quote:

Fixed a bug where skills (from both players and monsters) which dealt chaos damage over time were doing far too much damage when supported by Poison.
This is pretty bullshit if they are completely removing the interaction with poison and CA/ED DoTs. This was a unique and thematically awesome way to play the game. Turning CA into a single target focused skill is actually interesting, because focusing on the single target damage was detrimental to the area damage. Also it was super awesome playing as a shadowy assassin who injected victims with a poison that exploded out onto others.
It also wasn't overpowered of an interaction. Yeah the single target was fast, but in vast majority cases that came as a downgrade to aoe clear speed without significant investment into gear.

quote:

Cool, so the fun new skill got nerfed I better just go back to cyclone than.

quote:

LOL vaal spark is still in the game nice job cuckolds guess you dont wanna make havoc mad

quote:

Chances are we're gonna drop POE. 1st they nerfed my curser on std, now they nerf my friend's chaos dd. TY GGG!

^note that his curser was unnerfed and his friend's chaos DD hasn't been changed at all^

quote:

letīs just nerf ED so bad it doesn't make fun anymore, time to play cyclone again boyz... i mean seriously it felt clucky all the time since you didn't have proper defense mechanics but now it feels like poo poo "oh you want to kill that boss? better whirl around him for 10 minutes straight beeing forced to use your wither totem, self curse and recast ed constantly after the dot ticked out". Bug fixing gone bad, thanks good job

Goodnight sweet prince.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I'm currently levelling an ED char, linked to poison. I don't quite understand the change. Do I now unlink Poison straight away and just go for the basic links? No point in picking Fatal Toxin talent either? Or is it all not that bad?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Hi guys,

I found a lightning coil some days ago on hc talisman and was hoping to sell it for the big bux.
However the price for a non linked coil seems to be fixed at 5 ex, while I saw coils go for 12+ ex last league.
Will these prices change further in the season?
If they stay at 5ex I thought I might as well craft and use it since its perfect for my build anyway..

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Acht posted:

I'm currently levelling an ED char, linked to poison. I don't quite understand the change. Do I now unlink Poison straight away and just go for the basic links? No point in picking Fatal Toxin talent either? Or is it all not that bad?
Previously what was happening was that Poison was calculating its damage as 10% of both your hit damage and any chaos damage over time you were doing. It should now does only scale off hit damage.

That made it way more powerful than it should have been with skills like Essence Drain that have built in chaos degen.

This doesn't mean poison is necessarily useless on ED though, because ED still has the stat that lets DOT effects it applies (including poison) scale off your spell damage.

So poison on ED first applies as 10% of your hit damage (which is already scaled by spell damage) then your spell damage modifiers apply again to that 10%, as well as applying to ED's built in degen.

I'm not playing ED at the moment so I don't know what the DPS change is practically, but casters should still get better poisons off Essence Drain than off other skills.

Pyradox fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 23, 2015

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Pyradox posted:

Previously what was happening was that Poison was calculating its damage as 10% of both your hit damage and any chaos damage over time you were doing. It should now does only scale off hit damage.

That made it way more powerful than it should have been with skills like Essence Drain that have built in chaos degen.

This doesn't mean poison is necessarily useless on ED though, because ED still has the stat that lets DOT effects it applies (including poison) scale off your spell damage.

So poison on ED first applies as 10% of your hit damage (which is already scaled by spell damage) then your spell damage modifiers apply again to that 10%, as well as applying to ED's built in degen.

I'm not playing ED at the moment so I don't know what the DPS change is practically, but casters should still get better poisons off Essence Drain than off other skills.

Thanks a lot. I'll keep using it while I level. Perhaps change it once I get to maps.

@Mikojan; any decent internet where you are? :)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Acht posted:

Thanks a lot. I'll keep using it while I level. Perhaps change it once I get to maps.

@Mikojan; any decent internet where you are? :)

Well its africa so if i want internet i have to go out and shoot it.

No poe for me till 25th, untill then this insanely good app poemate is keeping me busy to devise builds.

Got like 5 builds lined up now!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Holidays are killing me this league. I managed to gather everything for low life Vaal Spark including a 5link Shav's a week ago and my Vaal Spark character is still level 32.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Cinara posted:

Holidays are killing me this league. I managed to gather everything for low life Vaal Spark including a 5link Shav's a week ago and my Vaal Spark character is still level 32.

Yeah I was out of town for five days and now I've got all sorts of poo poo to do over the next few days. RIP.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Hauki posted:

Yeah I was out of town for five days and now I've got all sorts of poo poo to do over the next few days. RIP.

HAH. Sounds like you guys need to get your priorities straight and tell people to gently caress off.

I'm so lonely :ohdear:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Could a bro throw me low level Anger, Added Fire Damage, and Warlord's Mark gems? Not being able to buy those on Witch is dumb and stupid. IGN is RainingTampons

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 24, 2015

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Man, Blade Vortex with Cybil's Paw feels amazing.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
This is basically my first time playing PoE and I'm up to low tier mapping on HC tali. I was wondering, with my resists capped, is there a point in having extra resists past the cap? Just doing a normal fire totem build.

I ask because I've been using this ring I found:

and it seems to be worth more than the rest of my gear combined, several times over. So if I don't need all them resists I might as well sell that and upgrade everything else.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So this is what I'm currently thinking for my clawbreaker build. Yeah, it goes out to 122 points but that's mostly filler damage at the end, you get all the critical stuff first obviously. Start as Ranger (though Shadow also works) and focus on dodge/evasion and claw/crit stuff. Single would be frenzy/FA/melee phys/poison. Group would be whatever, probably cyclone. I'm going to run with Darkrays and a Hyrri's Ire, so I should have 64% dodge. 125% extra defenses from shields tossed on with a really high evasion shield and I should, in theory, be mostly okay. 170%-ish life for when I am not okay. Resist nodes are in there because of all the uniques.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Zo posted:

This is basically my first time playing PoE and I'm up to low tier mapping on HC tali. I was wondering, with my resists capped, is there a point in having extra resists past the cap? Just doing a normal fire totem build.

I ask because I've been using this ring I found:

and it seems to be worth more than the rest of my gear combined, several times over. So if I don't need all them resists I might as well sell that and upgrade everything else.

That sure is a ring. There are both curses and map mods that can reduce resistances, so that's one reason to overcap. Something like that ring can also give you a ton of leeway in your other gear though, allowing you to fit an extra unique in or using a rare that's otherwise great but maybe a bit light on resists for its slot.

I dunno, personally I'd almost definitely keep it, it's probably irreplaceable in a temp league, but I guess it depends on the state of the rest of your gear and what your currency situation is.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, Elemental Weakness map mod is a reason to overcap, so you can run maps with the mod considering it gives a great +14% pack size.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Can someone give me a start to finish "I have no idea what I'm doing" rundown of how to set up, price, and effectively sell items on poe.trade? I saw a guide buried somewhere in the last thread, but I never had the time to set stuff up and have just got some cool things that I'd like to sell to have a little spending currency. (including a nice 18Q blade fall I just had drop for me.)

Dirt
May 26, 2003

http://www.pathofexile.com/shop/present

They are giving out free winter mystery boxes for christmas fyi

Server seems to be going up and down, took a few tries but I got mine.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Hauki posted:

That sure is a ring. There are both curses and map mods that can reduce resistances, so that's one reason to overcap. Something like that ring can also give you a ton of leeway in your other gear though, allowing you to fit an extra unique in or using a rare that's otherwise great but maybe a bit light on resists for its slot.

I dunno, personally I'd almost definitely keep it, it's probably irreplaceable in a temp league, but I guess it depends on the state of the rest of your gear and what your currency situation is.

Ah alright. If extra res has utility i'll keep it.

The rest of my gear is basically garbage (maybe 5c all together) and i have another 5c in stash. I don't have too much time to play so converting currency is a bitch - the poe.trade online currency traders all give terrible deals. Still i've been doing easy maps alright and that's fun enough for now.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Dirt posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/shop/present

They are giving out free winter mystery boxes for christmas fyi

Server seems to be going up and down, took a few tries but I got mine.

got my free snow, reinforced my decision to never, ever buy a mystery pack under any circumstances

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Hauki posted:

got my free snow, reinforced my decision to never, ever buy a mystery pack under any circumstances

At least you got snow. I got a 10 pack of consumable "aurora" effects.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I got a Cold Grasp skin for Cold Snap.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I got an Ice Crown skin. Not bad for free I guess :shrug:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Stormcloud Arctic Armour, hell yea.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

DemonMage posted:

I got a Cold Grasp skin for Cold Snap.

the preview animation seems really slow

now I'm wondering what horror it'll look like with a coc cold snap build

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I got fuckin snow for my hideout?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I bought 10 chests earlier, and got the Arctic skull, arctic gloves, and arctic weapon effect, as well as a bunch of spell effects, so YMMV.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
For the dude who asked about Oro's Flicker:

Marauder version

Templar version

Here's a Ranger version

Marauder is probably best overall, more life. Ranger version trades a bit of life, 10% ignite chance and some elemental damage for 2 more frenzy charges and Vaal Pact, which is kind of cool for not dying instantly to ele reflect.

The 2H damage nodes near duelist are because you use a Fireborn jewel there to turn all of them into fire damage.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 25, 2015

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I just bought seven stash tabs after two years of making do with four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEjXLMd4VA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

I bought 10 chests earlier, and got the Arctic skull, arctic gloves, and arctic weapon effect, as well as a bunch of spell effects, so YMMV.

And then there's the dude who spent like $15000 on them and still didn't get all of what he was looking for.

• Locked thread