Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Fix posted:

With that kind of deal and that kind of feedback history, you probably got ripped off or bought stolen goods, but good luck!

eh, I paid with mastercard and I can always take it up with ebay or file a chargeback. We'll see though! Also he did have 100% positive rating and good review history? Which is why I figured it was okay.

Still $95 for a n3ds is a really good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Iron Rose posted:

eh, I paid with mastercard and I can always take it up with ebay or file a chargeback. We'll see though! Also he did have 100% positive rating and good review history? Which is why I figured it was okay.

I don't normally think of someone with <50 review history as anything more than potentially purchased, and his history consists of pretty much 4 or 5 disney DVDs sold again and again. And yeah that price is a good deal. Around half of the trending number is possibly too good is all I'm getting at. Like I said, good luck with that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Fix posted:

I don't normally think of someone with <50 review history as anything less than potentially purchased, and his history consists of pretty much 4 or 5 disney DVDs sold again and again. And yeah that price is a good deal. Around half of the trending number is possibly too good is all I'm getting at. Like I said, good luck with that.

Never really used ebay before so I didn't know. I guess we'll what happens, worst case I take the issue up with ebay and mastercard and get my money back. Best case it's all on the up and up. Or I just paid for a stolen system, which I'll feel real guilty about if that ends up being the case. Do you know of any way I can check?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Iron Rose posted:

Something's up... It's proooobably refurbished, even though it's listed as brand new and never opened. The weird thing about the N3DS XL is, Nintendo didn't factory seal the packaging at all. There's no reliable way of telling whether or not it's truly "brand new and never opened."

This fact in and of itself is racking my brain, like why sell multiple units for nearly $100 below average retail each? Even if they were stolen, why do it? Worst case scenario; it is stolen, the serial number is flagged, and you run into some difficulty if you ever need it serviced. That's probably stretching it, though.

Either way, if you get a seemingly brand new N3DS XL in the mail with nothing wrong with it, I'd say you got a great deal, refurbished or not.

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 24, 2015

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Or he's in deep poo poo when it turns out they were stolen.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
o one will give any fucks if it's stolen aside from your conscience

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Olivil posted:

Any of you have combat tips for Xenoblade? I'm bad at real time combat and I keep dying to the second boss (before Colony 6).

I'm level 17 which seems a tad overleveled so welp.

Repeat this mantra to yourself:
"Now it's Reyn Time"

Shulk spends a lot of time being actually kind of a support character. He can put debuffs and stuff on the enemy, and he can buff your party with Monado Enchant. He's pretty squishy, and his damage is just okay, except for his big-rear end alpha strike. Your tasks as Shulk are to do like breaks and defense debuffs while you try and avoid drawing aggro, and mostly be putting buffs on the party with your Monado Arts.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

o one will give any fucks if it's stolen aside from your conscience

It is extremely cool to live life with a clear conscience. :angel:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Please do not play Fantasy Life if you have something to do in the next week

Don't make my mistake

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It could be a simple typo. If so, expect the seller to cancel the sale before shipment.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

enojy posted:

This fact in and of itself is racking my brain, like why sell multiple units for nearly $100 below average retail each? Even if they were stolen, why do it?

Have you ever seen goodfellas? The benefit of selling stolen goods is you can sell them way below what they're worth because it doesnt matter, you didn't pay for it so its all profit. If a 3ds goes for $250, and you list it at $150, its gonna move real quick, and all that money is pure profit, so it doesn't matter that you're charging less.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I don't think you have to watch a movie to understand that...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Have you ever seen goodfellas? The benefit of selling stolen goods is you can sell them way below what they're worth because it doesnt matter, you didn't pay for it so its all profit. If a 3ds goes for $250, and you list it at $150, its gonna move real quick, and all that money is pure profit, so it doesn't matter that you're charging less.

Oh I know, but such a huge discount seems wasteful. Like, the guy could've just listed them for $10-15 below the current median on eBay and they'd still sell just as fast.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
So I just bought myself a new 3DS XL, having a little bit of buyer's remorse but I do love the larger screen and the improved 3D is amazing. The old 3DS is going for £70 on amazon so if I get that I'll definitely be happy.

One irritating thing though is that the stylus is a bit nubby and isn't retractable. It seems a bit strange that the model that's meant to be for people with bigger hands doesn't come with one like the original 3DS. Does anyone have any recommendations for retractable styluses for the new 3DS XL?

e: Actually, does the original 3DS come with a retractable stylus or did I buy this after? I can't actually remember. This one may actually be from my old DS if they have the same size stylus.

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 24, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The original 3DS did come with a retractable stylus.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

It wouldn't be a nintendo console upgrade without a puzzling but ultimately irrelevant downgrade.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Looper posted:

I don't think you have to watch a movie to understand that...

yeah but ray liotta outright explains the economics of selling stolen cigarettes goods to you

enojy posted:

Oh I know, but such a huge discount seems wasteful. Like, the guy could've just listed them for $10-15 below the current median on eBay and they'd still sell just as fast.

If the goods are stolen, its in your best interest to get rid of them ASAP. Listing them at a small discount will move them, sure, but knock off a hundred bucks and that poo poo will fly

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I learned everything about black market sales from Hollywood.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

scorseezy taught me

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Everyone should watch Goodfellas regardless.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Japan gets new badges today and...it's just a load of Isabelle. Isabelle out the rear end.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Japan gets new badges today and...it's just a load of Isabelle. Isabelle out the rear end.

Good.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
There's Christmas sales on now and apart from the obvious steamworld heist reccomendation, is there any other good deals there? Provided the sales are the same across regions, if not I'm wondering about Europe/UK specifically.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

sharktamer posted:

There's Christmas sales on now and apart from the obvious steamworld heist reccomendation, is there any other good deals there? Provided the sales are the same across regions, if not I'm wondering about Europe/UK specifically.

The sales aren't cross-region. :( The eShop thread has the current sales in PAL/NA: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750&pagenumber=371&perpage=40#post454205106

Out of the current deals, Devil Survivor, the Ace Attorney games and Virtue's Last Reward are all good.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 24, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Is Steam World Heist worth picking up?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Sure is!

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yes, it is very good.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Viewtiful Jew posted:

i have a question

how do i get isabelle in the rear end

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

First buy her amiibo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

i have a question

well it is a pay to win game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

i have a question

Merry Christmas, noirstronaut

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Her birthday is this week :angel: :dings: :angel: ~*~luv isabelle~*~

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

enojy posted:

Her birthday is this week :angel: :dings: :angel: ~*~luv isabelle~*~

As usual her twin brother gets left out in the cold.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Just played Triforce Heroes for the first time, it was super laggy and then the game disconnected after a few minutes. Is the single player worth it or have I wasted 40 bucks?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Just played Triforce Heroes for the first time, it was super laggy and then the game disconnected after a few minutes. Is the single player worth it or have I wasted 40 bucks?

You wasted your money. Merry Christmas, African AIDS cum.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

You wasted your money. Merry Christmas, African AIDS cum.

I think you're right. Oh well merry christmas

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Double post

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kimishima, wise beyond his years, has decided to release the 2DS in Japan. Bundles for every color of the old Pokemans games along with said game preinstalled (and a key for Mew in ORAS 'cause why not). But hey at least it looks like a Game Boy.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

As usual her twin brother gets left out in the cold.

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Saoshyant posted:

Kimishima, wise beyond his years, has decided to release the 2DS in Japan. Bundles for every color of the old Pokemans games along with said game preinstalled (and a key for Mew in ORAS 'cause why not). But hey at least it looks like a Game Boy.

:aaa: these are beautiful

Now release a transparent n3DS and make my life complete Nintendo.