Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

You know, I was down with Bioshock: Infinite when it centred on a group of minorities trying to take down their capitalist oppressors, but now the game seems to have abandoned that story in favour of pseudo-physics and Elizabeth, and it doesn't really succeed at getting me emotionally invested into either one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Haha, man, you are not gonna be pleased.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Morning, y'all. Christmas is about class struggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjaPXihbORk

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Merry Christmas ASSHOLES

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Black Christmas is even better than i remember. a genuine masterpiece. maybe not as good as Halloween, but within striking distance of it anyway. and if we're judging purely on scariness, Black Christmas might take the cake. movie is loving terrifying

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Have yourselves a merry little Life Day

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Black Christmas is even better than i remember. a genuine masterpiece. maybe not as good as Halloween, but within striking distance of it anyway. and if we're judging purely on scariness, Black Christmas might take the cake. movie is loving terrifying

Being alive isn't as good as Halloween

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I haven't seen near enough horror films to speak authoritatively on the subject, but climax is probably my favorite in a horror film.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

here, for christmas, here's my list of the scariest movies ever made

10. Diabolique
9. Jaws
8. Suspiria
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street
6. The Descent
5. The Haunting
4. Halloween
3. Alien
2. Black Christmas
1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm guessing you're not referring to any of the remakes of those. For once it's a list horror films where I've actually seen most of them.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I'm guessing you're not referring to any of the remakes of those. For once it's a list horror films where I've actually seen most of them.

correct, although the '70s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers just barely missed the cut

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Morning, y'all. Christmas is about class struggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjaPXihbORk

Merry Christmarx

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Merry Xmas, friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPXWZxtDooY

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Gonna celebrate the holiday by watching a movie about the church sex scandal and then a Tarantino movie.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

axleblaze posted:

Gonna celebrate the holiday by watching a movie about the church sex scandal and then a Tarantino movie.

Seen both. It's a good use of your time. Spotlight is almost ostentatiously un-flashy but very well done.

I hope you will follow our people's tradition and go out for Chinese at some point in the day.

Did you get a delivery from Amazon from me, BTW?

therattle fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 25, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im gonna go see star wars MERRY CHRISTMAS MOTHERFUCDEKS

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
This is bullshit I have to spend time with my family instead of seeing a movie because my car is just so busted.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is bullshit I have to spend time with my family instead of seeing a movie because my car is just so busted.

Haven't they remembered the true meaning of Christmas?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Gonna go to a very late showing of Hateful Eight for XMas. Still, it's the roadshow!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Look at this freak.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Big Short is brilliant but for some reason it is filmed like Natural Born Killers. Odd choice.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Totally agreed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im santa

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

http://original.livestream.com/cpss...medium=ui-thumb

Here's Dreddmas. Probably the easiest way to show it to ya'll. Youtube rejected the video.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Margot Kidder is insanely good in Black Christmas. it's one of those incongruously great performances in a grubby little genre movie, like Michael Moriarty in Q: The Winged Serpent or Harvey Keitel in From Dusk Til Dawn.

PYF one of those

She's such a great drunk bitch.

God help us all, but Louis Gossett Jr is great in Jaws 3.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Glamorama26 posted:

She's such a great drunk bitch.

God help us all, but Louis Gossett Jr is great in Jaws 3.

great choice. i think he was fresh off his Oscar win, too.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Godzilla vs. Destroyah is my Christmas movie.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Samuel Clemens posted:

You know, I was down with Bioshock: Infinite when it centred on a group of minorities trying to take down their capitalist oppressors, but now the game seems to have abandoned that story in favour of pseudo-physics and Elizabeth, and it doesn't really succeed at getting me emotionally invested into either one.

I can't really imagine that you're gonna be happy with the DLCs either but yeah unfortunately Infinite is a very pretty fun game whose story starts to...go to Hell for Ken Levine related reasons.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

axleblaze posted:

They're both pretty fantastic movies. I'm probably gonna see the Point Break remake because I've already seen almost everything else that's playing now.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Merry Christmas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q-VDqUxpcU

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The Big Short is brilliant but for some reason it is filmed like Natural Born Killers. Odd choice.

I actually loved that aspect of it. Haven't totally sat down and thought about why or how it fits in with everything, but it's a style I haven't seen too much lately, so I appreciated at least the relative novelty of it.

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Black Christmas is probably second only to TCM in terms of horror flicks that make me need a shower after watching them. It's not even particularly gross visually or anything, there's just this pervasive sense of griminess to me throughout.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Literally The Worst posted:

Being alive isn't as good as Halloween

Speaking of which, this Christmas scarf I got is pretty relevant.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

PopZeus posted:

I actually loved that aspect of it. Haven't totally sat down and thought about why or how it fits in with everything, but it's a style I haven't seen too much lately, so I appreciated at least the relative novelty of it.

I loved it too, love a good surprise. I think I've got this year's Foxcatcher.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

It Just Got Worse posted:

Black Christmas is probably second only to TCM in terms of horror flicks that make me need a shower after watching them. It's not even particularly gross visually or anything, there's just this pervasive sense of griminess to me throughout.

yeah, much like TCM, Black Christmas features almost no onscreen bloodshed but the things it implies are drat unspeakable.

it's such a good counterpoint to Halloween, because where that (also completely terrifying) movie positions its slasher villain as a fairy tale boogeyman, Black Christmas' slasher villain feels uncomfortably close to what that kind of person would be like in real life; a weirdo shut-in who makes obscene phone calls, talks to the corpses of his victims, throws bellowing temper tantrums, and rambles about things that make sense only to him. it's like that one scene of Leatherface nervously rocking back and forth stretched out to an entire movie.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

http://original.livestream.com/cpss...medium=ui-thumb

Here's Dreddmas. Probably the easiest way to show it to ya'll. Youtube rejected the video.

man I want to watch this but I can't figure out how to DL videos from livestream. I guess I'll just hope that it stays up until later tonight until I have time to watch it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

here, for christmas, here's my list of the scariest movies ever made

10. Diabolique
9. Jaws
8. Suspiria
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street
6. The Descent
5. The Haunting
4. Halloween
3. Alien
2. Black Christmas
1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

My list would add The Shining, Downfall, Taxi Driver, Vampyr, and Poltergeist.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

My list would add The Shining, Downfall, Taxi Driver, Vampyr, and Poltergeist.

i'm not crazy about the Shining*, but i definitely have mad respect for the rest of these choices and you've reinforced that i REALLY need to watch Downfall.

*i started rewatching Eyes Wide Shut late last night and i honestly think it might beat out both The Shining and A Clockwork Orange as Kubrick's scariest movie

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The scariest movie of all time is The Gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

as long as we're talking horror stuff, HUNDU, you succeeded in getting me very into Ray Russell. after the Case Against Satan, i moved onto this collection, which has some of the finest horror writing i've read in some time. great mean gothic horror stories that scratch the same itch as some of the harsher Vincent Price movies. highly recommended.

• Locked thread