Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I use a $10 360 knockoff and it's been great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I use a Dualshock 3 with an external program called SCP that makes it work when I plug it in. Very easy. I'd link it if I wasn't on mobile, just search SCP drivers or something.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Think I'll just go with a 360 controller then. Thanks!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Scarlet.Crush wrote the original DS3tool, but hasn't been seen in A While, and someone else started a new fork of it. Haven't tried it because All Glory to the DualShock 4 and DS4Windows (for Xinput support), but it might be promising.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I used my Dualshock 3 and Wired 360 Controller for all sorts of RPGs on PC and they worked great. I don't have either anymore but they still worked great for everything from FFIV Steam to the KOTOR games.

Then again, I use Pinnacle Game Profiler.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I bought this thing in 2006 (replacing its little brother that only has 2 shoulder buttons that I got in 2004 and can still use). It's still in heavy use. One of the better uses I've had for $20. They quit making them years ago and mine's starting to show its age :smith:

I emulate just about anything with it, including Sega consoles that tend to be awkward on Playstation controllers.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 25, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
DS4 is the best controller available right now by a country mile. It's quite comfortable, has a nice dpad, and the mouse control is decent enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Is it really worse than Hyperdevotion Noire?
noire has metal gear solid-tan

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
do you have to use that bad adware program for the ds4 like you did with the ds3

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Morpheus posted:

I use a Dualshock 3 with an external program called SCP that makes it work when I plug it in. Very easy. I'd link it if I wasn't on mobile, just search SCP drivers or something.

scp drivers own. :hfive:

you dont have to worry about ads or whatever like with motioninjoy

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I use DS4Windows and I'm not sure there's anything about it that would make me call it adware.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
One of the DS3 driver/mapping programs got infested with adware over time as the creators tried to profit from it. I think it actually was called DS3Windows, hence the confusion.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Mokinokaro posted:

One of the DS3 driver/mapping programs got infested with adware over time as the creators tried to profit from it. I think it actually was called DS3Windows, hence the confusion.

DS-DCS/InputMapper/whatever it's called now to hide the fact that there's adware in a driver and why on space-Earth would you put up with that after MotionInJoy? Oh yeah it did try to call itself DS4Windows for a while, didn't it.

The DS4Windows I linked was never jerks as far as I'm aware and luckily has ds4windows.com for itself.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I thought it was MotionInJoy that was adware and uploading your info to Russia.

Casual Google search confirms it was MotionInJoy that was the evil one.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Is it really worse than Hyperdevotion Noire?

Hyperdevotion Noire is actually a pretty okay game.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man, Trails of Cold Steel is scratching just the right itch. I never knew I needed this lovechild of Persona and Legend of Heroes in my life, but I do. I so do.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I'm playing the mass effect trilogy after I got 3 for cheap. About to start the second one and was looking at what dlc I don't have. It looks like it's just Arrival; is it worth getting?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Overminty posted:

I'm playing the mass effect trilogy after I got 3 for cheap. About to start the second one and was looking at what dlc I don't have. It looks like it's just Arrival; is it worth getting?

It's not the best of the DLC (Shadow Broker takes that) but it's worth getting if you've never played it before.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In terms of Plot, Arrival is the most important DLC, as ME3 hinges on you knowing what happens in it. For story reasons, it's probably best saved for post-game. That's what I did, anyway.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Cheers, guess I'll get it then. But uh, Bioware points :(

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Rascyc posted:

I thought it was MotionInJoy that was adware and uploading your info to Russia.

Casual Google search confirms it was MotionInJoy that was the evil one.

No, DS-DCS was still adware. MotionInJoy was a no-poo poo rootkit that no one bothered to use we hope.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah lol this is what i was saying

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Disgaea 2 is the best Disgaea game story-wise.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tired Moritz posted:

I wish I could get into Disgaea, but the amount of grinding just to finish the story has scared me away.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Verranicus posted:

I wish I could get into Disgaea, but the amount of grinding just to finish the story has scared me away.

Um. I'd say you'd need no grinding to do the story missions. It's all in optional stuff like Item World + Dark Missions.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Verranicus posted:

That's only needed for optional content. If all you want to do is see the main story you can get by with little to no grinding.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Disgaea is one of the easiest strategy rpgs in its genre. Maybe Pokemon conquest is easier.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Overminty posted:

Arrival is merely okay as far as ME2 DLC goes. Gameplay wise it's weaker than Shadow Broker (must have), Kasumi (another must IMHO) and Overlord.

While it does explain why Shepard is grounded in ME3 there's nothing that you can't really get from reading a brief plot synopsis somewhere. If you really like ME2 though it's perfectly fine.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I liked Zaeed more, personally. He was part of my main squad. Him and Miranda or Garrus and Jack.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zaeed you always get with buying the game new.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I thought everyone hated Disgaea 2.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

I thought everyone hated Disgaea 2.

You're thinking of 3

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Disgaea 2 implemented some new stuff that was neat in theory but in practice was just absurdly miserable loving grinding to an unbelievable level.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Some have been better than others but I don't think any Disgaea game has been so bad that "everyone" hated it.

Phantom Brave is the game a lot of people tend to dislike.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I think Disgaea 2 was one of those games where people hated it at the time but look back on it more fondly. I remember the common complaints at the time being about the new protagonists and how much of a backseat Laharl, Etna and Flonne had and how the story of 2 was slightly more serious than 1. But then 3 came out and went too far in the opposite direction where almost every character was annoying as hell and the plot was too stupid in a bad way that people changed their views on 2 as a result.

Selane
May 19, 2006

I feel like 2 had a cool story but bad characters. I mean, it's not like anyone liked or cared about Adel's lovely siblings, and Adel was pretty lame too. Though any rpg that has a non-sword using protagonist gets a few bonus points, and Axel and Tink were pretty funny.

rabidsquid posted:

Disgaea 2 implemented some new stuff that was neat in theory but in practice was just absurdly miserable loving grinding to an unbelievable level.

That's kind of true. I mean, the felony system was so universally despised that they had to do a hard 180 on it and remove it entirely for the next game, and it's never been heard from again. That game had a few other weird mechanics as well(remember the Dark Sun?).

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Selane posted:

I feel like 2 had a cool story but bad characters. I mean, it's not like anyone liked or cared about Adel's lovely siblings, and Adel was pretty lame too. Though any rpg that has a non-sword using protagonist gets a few bonus points, and Axel and Tink were pretty funny.

Adel's mom was pretty cool. His adopted mom that is.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Lightning Returns -- in a Louis Vuitton commercial:

:sparkles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFmSk0hQx9k

CrookedB fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well now I absolutely have to play Lightning Returns.