Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This white gold mission doesn't make any sense to me.

Go talk to some guys, and one wants to to prove you can handle the mission by killing some level 8 trash mobs, then go to a cave with level fifty enemies who will kill you in one shot full of lava. Is there some rear entrance I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Help you recon the map? I really don't know either.

Like, apparently there's a "right" answer

But I guess it requires that you've been doing quests and pay attention to whateveryone's talking about.

Like, I'm telling all the aliens to talk to kristy about frontiernav because other people are saying they talked to her about frontiernav. gently caress directing them to Tobias, that jerk.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
When I talked to that jobless kid Ma-non, I hadn't talked to the other required NPC's yet so I had no good suggestions for where to work so they decided they were never going to work ever. I feel like I may be constantly undercutting New LA's ability to survive.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I crafted a XX overdrive extend and Art: TP and holy poo poo, ground combat is super fun again. I can finally use my Sniper + Knife/Photon Saber and not sit there with a thumb up my rear end waiting for TP.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

greatn posted:

Go talk to some guys, and one wants to to prove you can handle the mission by killing some level 8 trash mobs, then go to a cave with level fifty enemies who will kill you in one shot full of lava. Is there some rear entrance I'm missing?

The honkbirds don't aggro if you're in a skell. The bugs on the rock columns do though, so watch out for those.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

greatn posted:

It's pretty easy to sneak by if you have a skell, which is basically required for the later fight

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's pretty easy to sneak by if you have a skell, which is basically required for the later fight

whoa no spoilers on missions 6 through 270

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why was this mission available to me and why did I have to kill level eight trash mobs to qualify?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

greatn posted:

Why was this mission available to me and why did I have to kill level eight trash mobs to qualify?

Beats me. I had to come back way later after getting it to finish it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Why are people crazy about HB? Seems like he has undiagnosed Asperger's or something, is it a character can relate to or something?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Louisgod posted:

Why are people crazy about HB? Seems like he has undiagnosed Asperger's or something, is it a character can relate to or something?

He's hilarious

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What's the deal with random players out in the wild? Can I summon them to my game or does it just let me use a copy of their character as a 5th party member?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

What's the deal with random players out in the wild? Can I summon them to my game or does it just let me use a copy of their character as a 5th party member?

You can request support from them or invite them in your group. I don't know how long the buff lasts for but it gives you bonuses from that division. You can get support request from each division at once if you can.

I don't know what the bonuses give you because the game doesn't tell you.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Because Superior Trash Talk.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Louisgod posted:

i'm about to get valedictorian on you.

that's not just a quote, i'm actually going to beat you up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone tell me about inventory and equipment management. I just got the game for Christmas and I've already picked up a ton of various weapons and armor. Fooling around with the shops in town has shown that there's upgrades for every single piece of gear, and selling things I don't need seems to involve going to a window that gives me very little info as I sell them off one by one. This is exactly the kind of thing I dislike doing. Is there a strategy to make equipment management as painless and not tedious as possible?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You can request support from them or invite them in your group. I don't know how long the buff lasts for but it gives you bonuses from that division. You can get support request from each division at once if you can.

I don't know what the bonuses give you because the game doesn't tell you.

They are the bonuses you'd get from normally from being in that division. Which you can see by going to the terminal like you're going to change divisions.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone tell me about inventory and equipment management. I just got the game for Christmas and I've already picked up a ton of various weapons and armor. Fooling around with the shops in town has shown that there's upgrades for every single piece of gear, and selling things I don't need seems to involve going to a window that gives me very little info as I sell them off one by one. This is exactly the kind of thing I dislike doing. Is there a strategy to make equipment management as painless and not tedious as possible?

My strategy is basically to just ignore it and if I want an upgrade I just buy it from the shop (upping the arms manufacturer levels gives their gear more mods, though they're fixed based on the manufacturer instead of more variable like drops, but gently caress that management).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

They are the bonuses you'd get from normally from being in that division. Which you can see by going to the terminal like you're going to change divisions.

You personally do not gain those bonuses from being in a division.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

kirbysuperstar posted:

You personally do not gain those bonuses from being in a division.

So your choice of division only changes what buff you provide for other people? If that's true, the OP is pretty misleading.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
HB says funny things and once you do his quests you see he's not a bad guy, just stuck up. The weeb monk on the other hand is hard to swallow.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Things a division does for you:

Changes what game objectives give BLADE points, and alters the values of doing those things.

Gives you a free item based on your divisions global standing.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

bloodychill posted:

HB says funny things and once you do his quests you see he's not a bad guy, just stuck up. The weeb monk on the other hand is hard to swallow.

Uh, she's a skell engineer wunderkind not a monk

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

So your choice of division only changes what buff you provide for other people? If that's true, the OP is pretty misleading.

The game is misleading about it, also.

How the hell do you even beat Gradivus? On foot he breaks through Ghostwalker before it's even back up in Overdrive and kills me, on Skell he just has too much health and I run out of fuel before putting much of a dent in him at all. I only have him and Endbringer left to do now and I have no clue how to go about doing either one :suicide:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

PRADA SLUT posted:

Stop trying to put the anime in your mouth

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Inflammatory posted:

i'm about to get valedictorian on you.

that's not just a quote, i'm actually going to beat you up.

I'll admit, I've only done one HB quest so I can't comment on his AQ beyond that. So he's basically the stuck up rich white kid.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

they meant boze.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Does anyone actually use Gwin? He's like the least memorable character, and for this game that's saying a lot.

Edit: I'm at level 48 and I just finished chapter 11, should I just grind out to 50 before chapter 12?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

Does anyone actually use Gwin? He's like the least memorable character, and for this game that's saying a lot.

Edit: I'm at level 48 and I just finished chapter 11, should I just grind out to 50 before chapter 12?

Honestly if I was gonna pare back the excess party members, Gwin would be top of the list. He only exists to hang off Irene's side like a lost puppy. Lao too, because all you see of him in most missions is "Hi guys, bye guys, have fun guys :wave:".

Doug too, come to think of it, because he's just so generically normal in a cast of more interesting characters.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Celica is my favorite party member because she is (A) not from this game and (B) ate up all the affinity quest cutscene budgets.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

TurnipFritter posted:

Celica is my favorite party member because she is (A) not from this game and (B) ate up all the affinity quest cutscene budgets.

Is she actually a reference to something else? I figured she was just a good/light mirror character to that one villain.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Honestly if I was gonna pare back the excess party members, Gwin would be top of the list. He only exists to hang off Irene's side like a lost puppy. Lao too, because all you see of him in most missions is "Hi guys, bye guys, have fun guys :wave:".

Doug too, come to think of it, because he's just so generically normal in a cast of more interesting characters.

Doug's battle quotes are interesting, at least. I can't remember any of Gwin's. I think his special arts are good, though.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Do my character's skills apply when I am in a Skell? For example if my character has the "40% extra damage during nighttime" skill does that apply when they are fighting a battle in their skell, or only when they are off of their skell?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

chumbler posted:

Doug's battle quotes are interesting, at least.

"What are you, an astronaut or somethin'?"

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do my character's skills apply when I am in a Skell?

Nope, only Synchronicity and Stellar Entry apply to Skells. For gear attributes, only "Drive:" stuff applies to Skells.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I suppose I should feel proud.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Doug's battle quotes are interesting, at least. I can't remember any of Gwin's. I think his special arts are good, though.

Doug has more personality in his post battle banter with Hope than I've seen out of Gwin in the entire game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Any tips on completing Alexa's second affinity mission, gathering stuff in Cauldros? I've found plenty of the things that drop the one thing, but only one ever has. And I've never found the specific breed the quest mentions. I'd like to get at least a few more before using reward tickets, which I don't have too many of. And then there's the collectable; I had two of them already, but I've been exploring Cauldros for the past two days and found precisely zero of them.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Alxprit posted:

Any tips on completing Alexa's second affinity mission, gathering stuff in Cauldros? I've found plenty of the things that drop the one thing, but only one ever has. And I've never found the specific breed the quest mentions. I'd like to get at least a few more before using reward tickets, which I don't have too many of. And then there's the collectable; I had two of them already, but I've been exploring Cauldros for the past two days and found precisely zero of them.

Both the collectable and the Shrads are found in the same place: Up around White Phosphor Lake in the northwest.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Chapter 9 has probably the most worst example of a character being restricted from your party because they're in a 30 second cutscene at the end of the chapter. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

If you decide to farm Shrads for their eyes to make Treasure Sensor XX augments, I suggest here.

You'll find 5 shrads in that small area, easily pew pew'd but just watch out for Yarhat the Thundercloud.
There is a spot where you can sit and re-enter your skell and just kill three shrads over and over with an AOE attack though.

I have killed so many wretched rollyballs and received so few shrad eyes, guh.

• Locked thread