Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I would like Goku as a friend, but not as my father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The truth is that Kakarot hates his family and stays away from them for years at a time when a good excuse pops up.

Obviously Kakarot is an evil man secretly plotting the destruction of Earth. Anyone else notice that lately he's been hanging out with Vegeta, the Prince of All Saiyans, who has been historically known to try and destroy our pure and blue world the Earth? What could these filthy monkeys be planning...

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 27, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku is both a good and bad dad. He genuinely cares about his son and wants the best for him but he is also a crazy kung-fu murderhobo and so his idea of what is best for his son is not always what is actually best for his son.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

mmkay posted:

Anyone has a screencap? I'm on my phone so the online player is even worse than usual.
I didn't expect TFS to get the mileage out of #16 at this point of the show, so needless to say I'm looking forward to Cell Games.
Also Cell's song :allears:

I can't stop laughing

also I'm absolutely loving all the weeklytubeshow references in these last 2 episodes

clicky

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 27, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The 18 and Krillin poo poo was really bad, but it's the only bad part of this episode which was otherwise quote good

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Another forum I frequented had a guy who was almost personally offended by TFS' 'Goku is a terrible dad' jokes. Always thought that was a unique case, but apparently there is more than one. Well, who knows, maybe I also ran into another dude who thinks Vegeta is kinda boring one day.

e X fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 27, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Raxivace posted:

The truth is that Kakarot hates his family and stays away from them for years at a time when a good excuse pops up.

Obviously Kakarot is an evil man secretly plotting the destruction of Earth. Anyone else notice that lately he's been hanging out with Vegeta, the Prince of All Saiyans, who has been historically known to try and destroy our pure and blue world the Earth? What could these filthy monkeys be planning...

Freeza soldier spotted.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kild posted:

a

actually you'll find if you watched this part in the original he's a good dad.

e:

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_super/007/3141/1

You can't hang out in the hyperbolic time chamber for more than 2 years without the entrance disappearing...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

You can't hang out in the hyperbolic time chamber for more than 2 years without the entrance disappearing...

It was rebuilt to remove that restriction.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well it isn't a joke as much as reality.

Besides the bad daddin is coming soon.

tfs didn't repeat a run down joke and run it even further into the ground, goons to the rescue!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't understand who is joking, sure as poo poo ain't me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, they confirmed 100% that the arcosian in the tournament is Universe 6 Freeza. Toriyama must really like Freeza as a villain to have him come back twice.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

So, they confirmed 100% that the arcosian in the tournament is Universe 6 Freeza. Toriyama must really like Freeza as a villain to have him come back twice.

Turns out this was all a long con to get him to be Goku's friend finally.

Buu already did, and 18 and 17 take Cell's place for Goku befriending villains of the arc. Freeza is the only one where no new allies were made. Thus finally Toyriama fixes his most egregious of mistakes!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This seems like them finally giving people that Frieza v Vegeta that everyone wants for some dumb reason.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted Vegeta to kill Freeza because he was conned out of it in RoF

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

Turns out this was all a long con to get him to be Goku's friend finally.

Buu already did, and 18 and 17 take Cell's place for Goku befriending villains of the arc. Freeza is the only one where no new allies were made. Thus finally Toyriama fixes his most egregious of mistakes!

Vegeta is his new ally in the Freiza saga.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Vegeta is his new ally in the Freiza saga.

Vegets is a carry over from the Sayian Saga that doesn't count.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

17 and 18 are considered their own arcs to so that doesn't work.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
17 also fucks off to become a forest ranger, he is not friends with them

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

That U6 fighter isn't Frieza. It's just a similar looking dude named Frost.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think someone said it before but holy poo poo at Cell humming the Perfect Cell theme its such a good subtle joke.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Baal posted:

The 18 and Krillin poo poo was really bad, but it's the only bad part of this episode which was otherwise quote good

I'm okay with it, if only because it managed to something with the little material they had to work with.

Best line is still "You're either perfect, or you're not me. There's no grey area."

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The names of the fighters are supposedly:

Heat (Cooler Piccolo), Kabe (Saiyan), Frost (Freiza), Botama (Majin Pooh), Magetto (Robo)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's an incredible amount of luck. Between how terrible that mission is, and the RNG barriers to get to it, I'm surprised. I didn't get it until the post-game, since Super Vegeta 2 is far easier to get anyways (even if it is probably worse due to higher Ki drain when Super Saiyan's main use is infinite Ki).

I hope you're using a Ki Saiyan to get some use out of it.

I am, actually. my primary boosts go towards ki and ki supers, so this is actually really good for me

tho vegeta had the last laugh anyway because I'm trying to get his z soul for his master quest and it just will not drop. I've even got his outfit to drop twice in the same mission, but never the z soul

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Baal posted:

17 also fucks off to become a forest ranger, he is not friends with them

Yeah, but he helps Goku by pointing his gun at a dude. Definitely what an ally would do.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i like that whenever someone who's frieza's species shows up, everyone goes "holy poo poo its frieza!!!" both in DBZ but also anywhere online this stuff is discussed

theres a whole species theyre not all just one guy

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
A whole species defined until very recently by Guy, Guy's Dad, Guy's Brother of Dubious Canonicity, and Dude's Weird Orange Granddad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So is Super seriously just straight up ripping off Multiverse? Wow.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WickedHate posted:

It's hard to say as it's entirely possible that Toriyama has never once in his life been aware that DB:M exists. He's not the type to seek out such things so someone would have to bring it to him. It's very easy for him to reach the idea of having a multi-universe battle on his own. Also, DB:M reveals in having people fight cross-universe duplicates, Super is having them fight new, unrelated opponents from their sister universe.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What that lovely webcomic does isn't really anything like what super is doing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Bee posted:

A whole species defined until very recently by Guy, Guy's Dad, Guy's Brother of Dubious Canonicity, and Dude's Weird Orange Granddad.

Don't forget Guy's Totally Canon Son.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The purple not-namekian wears a long coat and is named Heat? Could they be making this character any radder?

Don't get me wrong I like all the universe 6 dudes designs a lot but that definitely appeals to my inner twelve year old

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Yeah they're ripping off a loving webcomic that I'm sure they're all aware of

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe that hack Toriyama is re-using the concept from the Fortuneteller Baba Saga

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

e X posted:

Another forum I frequented had a guy who was almost personally offended by TFS' 'Goku is a terrible dad' jokes. Always thought that was a unique case, but apparently there is more than one. Well, who knows, maybe I also ran into another dude who thinks Vegeta is kinda boring one day.

There's a handful of 'goku you are a bad dad/husband' jokes but they're made better by Gohan being a hilarious ball of barely contained rage and daddy issues.

But yea most of the jokes are 'your dad's an idiot' stuff more than actual malice or anything, which fits a dude who's only a good guy because he got bonked on the noggin like Fred Flintstone.

Blockhouse posted:

The purple not-namekian wears a long coat and is named Heat? Could they be making this character any radder?

Don't get me wrong I like all the universe 6 dudes designs a lot but that definitely appeals to my inner twelve year old

Universe 6 is the best universe, I hope everyone dies and universe 6 takes over.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

Yeah they're ripping off a loving webcomic that I'm sure they're all aware of

They are aware of it though. :v:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

Meanwhile, in Dragon Ball Heroes...

Chronoa, the young Supreme Kai of Time, and Demigra are added to the mix.

Baby Hatchiyak.

And last but not least...

Super Saiyan Gods.

cannot wait for xenoverse 2

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I personally would like it if TFS starts making 'Goku is a good dad' jokes from here on out to swerve fans and move away from the 'Goku is a bad dad' joke that has been done to death.

The episode was really good and a return to form for a series that has been slumping in the most recent episodes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

facebook jihad posted:

I personally would like it if TFS starts making 'Goku is a good dad' jokes from here on out to swerve fans and move away from the 'Goku is a bad dad' joke that has been done to death.

The episode was really good and a return to form for a series that has been slumping in the most recent episodes.

Except, even as sweet and endearing as this is

The reasons he's doing this are...misguided at best. Gohan is literally 10 years old. He's going to be 11 when he fights Cell.

That's a full year younger than Goku was before he even met Bulma, let alone had to take on the crazy poo poo he had to. And Goku was a very...different kind of kid compared to Gohan.

The fact that, in canon, Piccolo calls out Goku on being a total idiot as far as throwing him at Cell and expecting him to just magically act like a fighter when he's not, is why there are so many 'Goku is a terrible dad' jokes to begin with.

He loves his son, he truly does- but Goku does not think like a father should because he barely understands the concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sorry for the change of topics but is it true Japanese Goku has an extreme hick accent? Because I'd love a version of that in English, just to hear the attack names.

• Locked thread