Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
840/1000, and it still feels like forever until it will arrive.

I've heard conflicting reports, can i generate extra winter vouchers for next year or has that been shitcanned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

CrushedWill posted:

840/1000, and it still feels like forever until it will arrive.

I've heard conflicting reports, can i generate extra winter vouchers for next year or has that been shitcanned?

Given that they have the year on them, I'm assuming they turn into "FUCKYOU" after the event ends.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Last year was the final year of the old marks, before the devs decided to punish everyone who ground marks on alts in previous years.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
No, you see it was to stop people from buying the ship on day 1 of the event and totally not to force people who want to do that to have to use lobi.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Given that they have the year on them, I'm assuming they turn into "FUCKYOU" after the event ends.
Yeah, they explicitly become useless once the event ends. In fact I'm pretty sure you can't even save the job for next year, it just goes away when the event ends. Because Geko and Bort are colossal sperglords.

Also it's hilarious how it was datamined with a polaron lance, and the model very blatantly has a lance weapon built into it, but the final version doesn't get one. :geno: Kinda fun to fly at least, even if it's not really unique.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Lance weapon's are a pubbie fetish; one of the few things the devs are aware about in this game. You wouldn't want to upset the playerbase by ruining the "exclusivity" of the Gal-X.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I bet they just couldn't get it to work right so they scrapped it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
We need a gal z this time with 2 spinal lances front and back and 4 nacelles on each nacelle

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dick Bass posted:

Lance weapon's are a pubbie fetish; one of the few things the devs are aware about in this game. You wouldn't want to upset the playerbase by ruining the "exclusivity" of the Gal-X.

*cough* Guramba *cough*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So... you're saying lance weapons should be $50 zen store upgrades on a per-ship basis?

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

DancingShade posted:

So... you're saying lance weapons should be $50 zen store upgrades on a per-ship basis?

When Cryptic implements (poorly) this in the next season, take pride in knowing that this was your idea.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Dick Bass posted:

When Cryptic implements (poorly) this in the next season, take pride in knowing that this was your idea.

I hope they do fractal nacelles like I want :ohdear:

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209793/females

Checked out the forum, saw a thread simply titled "Females" and had a look.

It's EXACTLY what you think it is.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

bubbles depo posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209793/females

Checked out the forum, saw a thread simply titled "Females" and had a look.

It's EXACTLY what you think it is.

quote:

As for men making female characters in games is mostly do to the fact men like looking at sexy women and thats just nature. Women mostly do not do the reverse as they don't make many male toons probably because of women empowerment. Women have struggled to separate themselves from being under the feet of men for so long that they have become very proud of their progress and find no real reason to play a male toon when given the choice.

Good lord. I started reading that thread but gave up before this post. I'll go read through it all now.

Edit:

quote:

I always make my characters female, when the option is available, in most of the games I play. I try to see how physically attractive I can make 'her' because I am attracted to females and I like looking at females even if they are player characters.

OH and I have been out on my own since around 17 years of age. I'm now 45, married for about 15 years now. My wife and I own our own home. Our daughter is going to be a teenager soon in the summer of 2016. We enjoy (all three of us) going to movies based on Marvel Comics, Star Wars, and even Star Trek!! :o (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)​​

I just like checking out hot video game chicks, haha. By the way, guys, I'm a husband, a father, a homeowner, and a really normal, stable guy (really!).

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 29, 2015

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

DonDoodles posted:

I just like checking out hot video game chicks, haha. By the way, guys, I'm a husband, a father, a homeowner, and a really normal, stable guy (really!).

That's by far the worst part. Plays Star Trek Online like the glorious nerd he is but God loving forbid someone might think he's a little... queer.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
The guy whose post Adanna linked sent me a PM on the forums

quote:

I would of quoted you on that female thread to respond but its closed. You don't know me or why I chose that answer. I asked my girlfriend and sister along with a friends girlfriend and they are all gamers and thats what they said are the main reasons. So yes my answer is a fact based on womens opinions.

You have only been playing STO for less than 6months and have almost 1,500 post which means you avg about 8-9 posts a day. Stop being a posting troll and actually play the game instead of living on the forums.

This guy might be a new forum favorite.

Edit: This pubbie has been spamming his STO facebook account in zone, asking people to come check out his "comedy writing."

https://www.facebook.com/captainbmoney913

You can probably guess the quality.

quote:

Bristol Palin is harder to pull out of than US Troops in Afghanistan.

He also has a long-winded post defending Bashar Al-Assad.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 29, 2015

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
...Women playing video games? nahhh..... next you'll come up with the concept of female goons...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Next he'll tell people to clothe their females I mean where does it end?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What should my spending priorities be as a fresh 60 with 3mil credits and 248K dilithium?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Porkface posted:

What should my spending priorities be as a fresh 60 with 3mil credits and 248K dilithium?

Well 3 million is basically close to zero in terms of STO wealth so keep saving on that front to buy something meaningful.

Turn all your dilithium into Zen and keep doing this until you can purchase the bank upgrade from the zen store.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What do i need the bank upgrade for?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Turn all your dilithium into Zen and keep doing this until you can purchase the bank upgrade from the zen store.

Buy a single month's gold account, get a bunch of lasting bonuses, use the 500 zen you get from that month's stipend to buy the bank upgrade.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Baron Porkface posted:

What do i need the bank upgrade for?

so you can actually hold more than 10 million ec. look at dis poor

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

More to the point, basically anything worth buying off the exchange costs at least 14+ million (fleet modules, upgrade modules) and more often is closer to 100+ million (lockbox ships, plasmonic leech and other lockbox rare drops, etc.) Everything else is basically gotten from reputations or fleet vendors, or you can craft it yourself when you get enough skill in crafting (and can ask other people to do it for you until then).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why does anyone even give a poo poo whether someone plays a male or female character

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Crippling insecurities, mostly.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

-Troika- posted:

Why does anyone even give a poo poo whether someone plays a male or female character

All I know is ERPists love erotic roleplaying themselves a couple "lesbians" and go ballistic if you point out both players are actually dudes.

It's probably similar to how other RPers get mad when you point out their in game wife of their avatar Captain McMarySue is just them multiboxing. They deny it vehemently and repeatedly despite all evidence to the contrary.

How dare you ruin their jerkoff session/masturbatory fantasies.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

DancingShade posted:

How dare you ruin their jerkoff session/masturbatory fantasies.

Well it is rude to disturb someone jerking off but I don't even know what to call it when they do it in public it's just something you don't do or you deserve what's coming.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I have 1 billion limit from buying something a long time ago, whats next?

If I buy an Excelsior and get the fleet discount, can I still keep the original Excelsior for Admiralty? Is there a reason to buy a fleet one without the normal Excelsior? Keeping in mind I have an upgrade token form that promotion a while back.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Baron Porkface posted:

I have 1 billion limit from buying something a long time ago, whats next?
Plasmonic Leech, from the sounds of the other questions.

Baron Porkface posted:

If I buy an Excelsior and get the fleet discount, can I still keep the original Excelsior for Admiralty?
Yep.

Baron Porkface posted:

Is there a reason to buy a fleet one without the normal Excelsior?
Only having one character and not wanting to spend any Zen at all, only Fleet Ship Modules bought with someone else's Zen and your EC. You should also have the Excelsior for free, if you were around the right time over the past few months.

That said, confusing fun time:
The Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser (T6) only gets the discount if you own the Resolute [which is the Advanced Heavy Cruiser (T6)]. The Excelsior gives you the discount on the Fleet T5-U version.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

-Troika- posted:

Some ERP dude got really mad when he found out his wife was actually another dude and will now call you and him "faggots" when you mention it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I have to clarify this once and for all. It's only gay when balls are touching.

But your balls are touching right now unless you have only one of them like Hitler. So you're either gay or Hitler.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Morglon posted:

I have to clarify this once and for all. It's only gay when balls are touching.

But your balls are touching right now unless you have only one of them like Hitler. So you're either gay or Hitler.

Why not both?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Sure, go nuts.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

So what I learned today is that the reason a majority of male players in this game choose a female character is because they are so insecure with their own sexuality they don't want to look at a male characters butt. Or they want to create content for their own personal spank bank. Makes me wonder now why pubbie builds are so terrible is because they aren't actually playing the game.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
This game needs pinup mudflaps for your nacelles.

And space-mud like spintires. You should be able to plow through nebulas, kicking up filth. Come back to base with your ship coated in dried benzene. Get a car wash from green orions.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Truk Nuts

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

First successful angry nerd found this holiday season in STO.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

This game needs pinup mudflaps for your nacelles.
If I remember correctly, you can choose a pinup silhouette for your fleet symbol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lorak posted:

If I remember correctly, you can choose a pinup silhouette for your fleet symbol.

It's the insignia for Starfleet Dental

• Locked thread