Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Holyshoot posted:

Or if you like to live on the edge! I'm using a carcass jack on my CA guy currently when using a LC would be better defensively.

Question for you goons. I know we talked about forcing a 6l versus doing it manually. And you all are saying doing it manually will be less fusings in the long run so my question is what if it's on an item you don't have a backup for? I am using a very nice thicket +3 skill bow with dot damage currently 5 linked 6 socket. Should I continue to save my fusings to force it or save like 800-900 and try to 6L it?

I just came back after not paying for a long time. How do you force a 6L?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gerdalti posted:

I just came back after not paying for a long time. How do you force a 6L?

The new Masters system, after you level Masters up they grant you various recipes you can use.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vorici,_Master_Assassin#Crafting

You can use Vorici to change an item to a 6-link for 1500x Fusings, at Level 7.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
That's awesome, going to have to start working on my masters.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

1500 fusings is a hell of a lot of currency. that's roughly 750 chaos. I'd give that amount in ex as well but ex fluctuates so drat much (outside of standard) these days.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gerdalti posted:

That's awesome, going to have to start working on my masters.

From a practical standpoint, it's almost always better to just buy items instead of using the really expensive top end recipes. Elreon is the exception because he can sell you rings with flat minus mana cost for cheap, or add the mods to items for less cheap. And flat minus mana cost is really great for leveling.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

1500 fusings is a hell of a lot of currency. that's roughly 750 chaos. I'd give that amount in ex as well but ex fluctuates so drat much (outside of standard) these days.

Yea and right now a bow with my similar stats but 6 linked is going for 11ex which is about what 750c would cost you.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its almost never worth it to force 5l/6l.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Tornado shot seems like the FOTM so of course I stumbled into it full steam ahead. All the gear upgrades I need (lioneyes, 6 link chest, rats nest etc.) seem stupid expensive. I have a pretty good 275 dps bow that I got for like 10 alts but my total currancy is probably only 30 chaos including all of my alts and stuff. What can I get to upgrade my gear that's affordable? I have capped merc resists and all that already but I'm a bit low on life at only 2800. But res all + life rings and belt are also expensive so I really don't know what to do.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lioneye's is not expensive anymore, mainly because its not really good anymore. Most bow builds want to stack crit, which Lioneye's is bad at. I'd probably focus on getting higher life rolls on your gear if you're under 3k hp.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Lioneye's isn't bad even when playing crit, because it lets you completely forgo accuracy.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Well I just found a chin sol and switched my siege ballista to single target and apparently solved my problems. Buying belt and rings next I suppose.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Lioneye's isn't bad even when playing crit, because it lets you completely forgo accuracy.

also opens you up to reflect if you're evasion based.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008

Washout posted:

Tornado shot seems like the FOTM so of course I stumbled into it full steam ahead. All the gear upgrades I need (lioneyes, 6 link chest, rats nest etc.) seem stupid expensive. I have a pretty good 275 dps bow that I got for like 10 alts but my total currancy is probably only 30 chaos including all of my alts and stuff. What can I get to upgrade my gear that's affordable? I have capped merc resists and all that already but I'm a bit low on life at only 2800. But res all + life rings and belt are also expensive so I really don't know what to do.

Based on that bow price I'm guessing the crit is very low, I'd try to get a harbinger bow with 8+ crit and 250+ pdps for 10-20c. From there make sure you have decent jewelry and 30ms boots, other slots can be filled out with high life+2res pieces for a couple chaos each. That should put your life around 4k unless your tree is hosed. I'd probably shoot for rat's nest after that, lioneye's isn't good because you get so much accuracy from dex/passive tree anyway (plus the reflect thing).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm only just approaching endgame content for the first time in this game (around level 66 right now, so starting to see maps for the first time) so I'm still pretty unfamiliar with all the systems going on here, but is getting a 6l item so rare that it seriously costs 1500 Fusings to guarantee one?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Well, aside from tabula rasa, a unique 6linked chest that has no other stats and costs about 30chaos, getting a 6link is generally an extreme luxury. You have to either get super lucky, or farm like hell to buy one outright. As other folks have mentioned you can usually just buy a 6linked item for less than the 1500 fusings it'd cost from vorici to force one yourself. A vast, vast majority of builds don't "need" a 6link to function and can do just fine with a 5link, which is way cheaper and easier to obtain. So yeah, they are quite rare.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, 6 links are either a luxury or a "well drat, I did that in 10-30 fusings".

By end game you should absolutely be planning to eventually 5-link something, which is only 150 fusings if you want to Vorici it, and thus a completely reasonable goal.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I thought you could get 6 links fairly easily by rerolling armorers chests and then Vaal orbing them.

Speaking of chests, does your magic find kick in when you kill the last mob and it pops, or when you first click on it?

Washout fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 28, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Those 6l armors are rarely better than a tabula. Even in Tempest the good ones were few and far between and goodluck recoloring them.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kild posted:

Those 6l armors are rarely better than a tabula. Even in Tempest the good ones were few and far between and goodluck recoloring them.

Ah yeah, just have to sell them for 40c each and then get enough to buy a real one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Washout posted:

Ah yeah, just have to sell them for 40c each and then get enough to buy a real one.

They were barely more than a divine for 2 resists + life ones cus no one wants a rare chest that you can't recolor.

e: Divines were going for 5c.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got a 6L Astral Plate for my Blast Rain duder, which is my first "real" 6L, across countless level 70+ characters. It improved my DPS a little, but that's about it.

The only builds I can think of that NEED a 6L are what, Cast on Critical Strike builds? Even then, my Fakener that I am currently playing is doing just fine with a 5L.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I'm guessing the need to 6L has eased a bit with the mana buff and corresponding abandonment of Blood Magic

but, yes, normally one plans around a 5L

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

White 6ls aren't that expensive if you're willing to settle for a non top tier base. I got a white body armor 6l, I think the one that is clvl 56ish (so, two tiers below astral iirc) for 2 exa. Got decently lucky with rolling it and got t1 flat armor, t2 or t3 armor %, t2 life, and a t1 resist with room to craft a resist within 15 chaos and called it good. Maybe I just got a bargain though.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
2ex can get you a lot of 6S5L unique armours like a Voll's Protector or Kingsguard or Carcass Jack or Lightning Coil, or even sorta-like-a-good-rare armours like Belly of the Beast or Queen of the Forest

which underscores the cost of obtaining a 6L, even one on a non-top-tier base

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I haven't played in months and for some reason I cannot access my main characters. If I go to the PoE website and use the "login with Steam" option, I can see the 2 characters I want to play. However, when I launch the game from within Steam those characters do not appear- I see a character from a completely different account. When logged in to the website with Steam, I see no option to display what email address is associated with the PoE account that I'm logged in to... and if I try to login to the game client with the email address associated with my Steam account, I still do not see the right characters. Any ideas? I emailed support a couple of days ago by haven't received a reply.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

pahuyuth posted:

I haven't played in months and for some reason I cannot access my main characters. If I go to the PoE website and use the "login with Steam" option, I can see the 2 characters I want to play. However, when I launch the game from within Steam those characters do not appear- I see a character from a completely different account. When logged in to the website with Steam, I see no option to display what email address is associated with the PoE account that I'm logged in to... and if I try to login to the game client with the email address associated with my Steam account, I still do not see the right characters. Any ideas? I emailed support a couple of days ago by haven't received a reply.

GGG Support is likely out because of the holidays, they normally respond very quickly. They can merge the accounts for you but it has to be done manually.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just LOL at reddit trying to make comparisons in mastercraft scamming to playing EVE online.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3yhzvh/ggg_should_not_be_allowed_to_remove_negative/

If you guys need a level 8 person I personally used JesicaBB and she is free and accepts tips. Should work until a goon hits lv 8 in whatever you need.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I need to multimod my vagan dagger so I'll have to try her.

Edit: what the hell do people tip in these cases

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Just LOL at reddit trying to make comparisons in mastercraft scamming to playing EVE online.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3yhzvh/ggg_should_not_be_allowed_to_remove_negative/

If you guys need a level 8 person I personally used JesicaBB and she is free and accepts tips. Should work until a goon hits lv 8 in whatever you need.

Obviously the two aren't comparable with one costing you real money and the other not, but GGG's policies are pretty terrible. They seem to want this late 90's EQ1/diablo 2/UO style of game where it's the wild west and you need to know who to trust, who's a ripoff artist (lightwoods), who's not but isn't trustworthy etc., but then they don't allow any negative feedback in feedback threads, they don't allow community blacklists, no sort of name and shame stuff, which is all kinda needed if you want to take a hands off approach like they do.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, it's the one aspect of the game that I think GGG unequivocally drops the ball on.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
If they open the door to negative feedback they also let in dickholes starting poo poo over nothing, people feeling like they got ripped off, every idiot who doesnt get things the way they want

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

As opposed to people actually getting ripped off because the posts saying 'this person ripped me off' got removed?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I need to multimod my vagan dagger so I'll have to try her.

Edit: what the hell do people tip in these cases

I tipped her 10 chaos to do cata lv 8 mod, then remove it when I got my +1 to skills and then add on a leo dot twice. I even gave her the exalt to do the +1 to skills and didn't jack it. So stand up person imo. She also linked each craft every time to make sure they were correct.

megalodong posted:

Obviously the two aren't comparable with one costing you real money and the other not, but GGG's policies are pretty terrible. They seem to want this late 90's EQ1/diablo 2/UO style of game where it's the wild west and you need to know who to trust, who's a ripoff artist (lightwoods), who's not but isn't trustworthy etc., but then they don't allow any negative feedback in feedback threads, they don't allow community blacklists, no sort of name and shame stuff, which is all kinda needed if you want to take a hands off approach like they do.

I meant in regards to I don't go into PoE expecting to gt ripped off/scammed. You go into EVE knowing that can and will happen. Also the subreddit names and shames all day long.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

If they open the door to negative feedback they also let in dickholes starting poo poo over nothing, people feeling like they got ripped off, every idiot who doesnt get things the way they want

How hard would it be to only allow posts with screen shots of people who got scammed?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I would much rather wade through a mountain of poo poo to reach an informed decision to trust a random player than have an echo chamber that offers as much reliability as a single Yelp review.

I'm trusting a random person, that I have no real way of verifying if they have a master at 8, with my multiple exalt item. An item that I may never replace due to time/cost, that my build that I may have invested several weeks into depends on. You bet your rear end I'm going to do my homework on it if the data is out there.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
How is this for a SRS build? I'd be open to a Witch build if it's a better option.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1427765

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

pahuyuth posted:

They're just super busy. Usually this is a really quick process.

From what you've described it seems like you're running a shortcut to the standalone client through Steam instead of using the Steam Client. You'll need to download the steam client and run that in order to see your characters, because you're logging into a different account when you input an email address.

Steam accounts don't have an email address associated with them by default, they just get the login credentials straight from Steam. So even if you use the email address associated with your steam account it doesn't know they're the same one.

Support can apply your email to your steam account. They'll ask you to send them a PM from it on the website with the email address you want to use. Once you've done that they can close the account that your email address is currently on (do this if you have nothing on it).

If for whatever reason you want to keep that account, change its email address first by logging into the website using your email address instead of steam.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drunk Badger posted:

How is this for a SRS build? I'd be open to a Witch build if it's a better option.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1427765

He skips some duration nodes which is dumb. I used a variation of this one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1197738

If you get cast speed on your gear you can skip grabbing those cast speed nodes north east. And I picked up flask nodes. You can look at my profile at tonic317 and look at PlayngOnMyTablet to see my spec at 87. I have since abandoned her though because CA is more fun and mobile.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Is armor a good idea with a SRS build? I've only played with energy shield, so I don't know what a high level armor build is like

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah, like that guy who freaked about a mastercrafter who screwed up his +2 chaos gems staff, when apparently the staff wasn't able to be mastercrafted in the first place.

Of course, the mastercrafter also hosed up, and wasn't aware that it was uncraftable as well.

Maybe a solution is to only allow negative feedback within the shop thread, and come down like the fist of god on anyone who tries to export drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Is that COC dual nova build workable still in 2.1? Does anyone have a link to a build for it? I started as shadow thinking that would be good but I'm bad at CoC builds but that looks fun.

• Locked thread