Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hmm if you're Trump do you accept and crush him on live TV but just mocking JEB endlessly while he desperately tries to talk about issues or do you just publicly say that he's a nobody and it isn't worth your time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Radish posted:

Hmm if you're Trump do you accept and crush him on live TV but just mocking JEB endlessly while he desperately tries to talk about issues or do you just publicly say that he's a nobody and it isn't worth your time?

unfortunately the latter, because if anything happens other than jeb being completely crushed then trump has lost the 'expectations game'

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Aerox posted:

Is everyone prepared for a glorious post-Christmas miracle????

jeb. is challenging Trump to a one on one debate.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264328-bush-challenges-trump-to-one-on-one-debate

Hell in a Cell 2016 is going to be fantastic.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:smith: What were we expecting....

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Who saw that coming? Oh wait, everyone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And yet another career-ending-youtube-video leaves another career intact.

#FergusonEffect

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really want to know how they refused to convict after watching that video.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Grand Juries need to be public at least in the case of police.

FlamingLiberal posted:

"indisputable that Tamir was drawing his gun"

The gun he didn't actually own and if he was he'd be legally allowed to carry in an open carry state. So basically the prosecutor feels cops should be allowed to murder with impunity.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seriously, of all the videos NOT to indict on, its two guys in a patrol car driving RIGHT UP to a 12 year old kid and shooting him before they even get out of the car. Like a McDonalds drive through.

gently caress. :smithicide:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's entirely possible that they did not in fact watch the video if the prosecutor didn't submit it to the grand jury

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FlamingLiberal posted:

Matthew McConaughey wasn't there to tell the grand jury to imagine Tamir is white.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

quote:

@resnikoff: In explaining decision not to indict, prosecutor says Tamir Rice's "size made him look much older"

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

FlamingLiberal posted:

Expert analysis to the contrary, probably.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

UberJew posted:

It's entirely possible that they did not in fact watch the video if the prosecutor didn't submit it to the grand jury

Yeah which is why I think grand juries need to be public. Also they used a lot of "experts" to say how the kid was a deadly threat.\

Christ. It's the hulking demon defense all over again. If white people are so scared of black children they need to stop being police officers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"Well, you see, he looked older. So we drove up on the grass and shot him through the passenger side window. Just to be sure."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The more this poo poo happens the more I sympathize with rioters rather than the people whose poo poo they're wrecking, though I'm still waiting for the riot that goes after the suburban sources of institutionalized racism rather than the cities those suburbs are strangling.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

gently caress those people, I hope the city riots.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Black people are guilty until proven innocent.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously this case is so outrageous it's not even funny and it really the perfect example telling how broken our justice system is. It was pretty obvious how this was going down after the prosecution started calling in defense witnesses during the grand jury but it's no less maddening now. I'm not sure how this is going to get topped. Maybe next time a toddler with an ice cream cone will be so scary that the white cop wets his pants in fear before unloading into him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FAUXTON posted:

The more this poo poo happens the more I sympathize with rioters rather than the people whose poo poo they're wrecking, though I'm still waiting for the riot that goes after the suburban sources of institutionalized racism rather than the cities those suburbs are strangling.

Property rights should never trump civil rights or the fight for them HTH.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Radish posted:

Seriously this case is so outrageous it's not even funny and it really the perfect example telling how broken our justice system is. It was pretty obvious how this was going down after the prosecution started calling in defense witnesses during the grand jury but it's no less maddening now. I'm not sure how this is going to get topped. Maybe next time a toddler with an ice cream cone will be so scary that the white cop wets his pants in fear before unloading into him.

The good news for police: You don't even have to leave the comfort of your own vehicle before gunning a suspect down.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
To resurrect a topic from last thread:

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I have a really bad feeling about the numbers for christmas this year.

EDIT: ha ha ha ohhhh boy http://time.com/4128592/black-friday-sales-down/

And, like clockwork, MasterCard just came out with their figures: a 7.9% increase in sales over last year.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Property rights should never trump civil rights or the fight for them HTH.

Oh I don't think the businesses are blameless, I'd just rather see the fight brought to the doorsteps of the aggressors rather than just their insured business holdings.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I know there's a lot of bad news out there but fortunately we have exciting left-wing thinkers publishing hard-hitting, important pieces on urgent topics.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Radish posted:

Well we already have cops getting away with disfiguring an infant with a flash grenade while serving a no knock warrant on the wrong house. So...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Zokari posted:

Black people are guilty until proven innocent.

And are officially a lethal threat the second they hit puberty.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

And are officially a lethal threat the second they hit puberty.

Rice was as tall as a 15 yr old, clearly a behemoth!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

gently caress that. Somebody needs to do something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

I know there's a lot of bad news out there but fortunately we have exciting left-wing thinkers publishing hard-hitting, important pieces on urgent topics.

she really needs to make songs about things other then some dude she broke up with

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Radish posted:

So basically the prosecutor feels cops should be allowed to murder with impunity.

To be fair, this is pretty much a job requirement for DAs.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Raerlynn posted:

Well we already have cops getting away with disfiguring an infant with a flash grenade while serving a no knock warrant on the wrong house. So...

With that one as terrible as it was and the indifferent attitude the police showed when called on it at least there was the ability to say they didn't mean to. This was a deliberate street execution for someone that was breaking no laws and didn't even have the time to act aggressive or do what he was told. There only way to read this is exactly what BLM is complaining about, that people in power consider the lives of certain races irrelevant.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

This loving country man :negative:

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

mandatory lesbian posted:

she really needs to make songs about things other then some dude she broke up with

One of the reasons she and other artists like Taylor Swift are popular is because they sing songs about relatable subjects like break ups, haters hating, partying, sex, and so on. It ain't called pop(ular) music for nothin'.

She only needs to make songs about other things when people stop wanting relationship songs, which will be never, so...

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

FAUXTON posted:

Oh I don't think the businesses are blameless, I'd just rather see the fight brought to the doorsteps of the aggressors rather than just their insured business holdings.

I can only assume a large protest heading from the city to the suburbs, even if it were just to peacefully protest in the street, would be treated like an invasion and probably have the media giving a pass to paranoid homeowners getting onto their rooftops and firing into the crowd.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

gently caress that. Somebody needs to do something.

I don't see whatever protests occurring there being peaceful for very long, and city leaders should all resign. What a horrible grand jury.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Radish posted:

So basically the prosecutor feels cops should be allowed to murder with impunity.

I don't know where you got that ide-

quote:

@JuanMThompson: Prosecutor says straight up: "We don't second guess police officers." "It's clear the officers were not criminal."

quote:

@hash_said: Prosecutor: "It would be unresponsible & unreasonable to require a police officer to wait & see if gun is a real."

quote:

@KateAronoff: Prosecutor McGinty says Rice should have known better before playing in the park, because he "looked older"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Good lord. :gop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I don't know where you got that ide-

Racist filth.