Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Dick Burglar posted:

So did anything actually come of this? Did any of them get banned? Was the ban on the sniper permanent? Gimme deets.
Not a thing! Some of our guys think the sniper got banned for shittalking in global since it was only for that server. Also we sent counter-reports just to cover our butts:

(the only response from Wildcard was a timestamp request for relevant info)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Jackard posted:

Haha holy poo poo. Thanks, never saw that

We started a tribe named Tryx on Official 343, a dying server in the stranglehold of two warring tribes - The Merchant's Guild and Angels of Death.

Together they would claim or wall off every resource, every viable location, crush every smaller tribe fearing they were a proxy for the other side. MG alts were used to raid at least two AoD bases, disguised as pirates. Their plans were to finish the server off after Thanksgiving. We know all of this from placing spies in both tribes, rising through the ranks, feeding us crucial information. Also, some of our players were the real pirates! Diplomacy kept them off our backs until we could seize a relatively secure location.

Afterwards they destroyed random tribes suspected of harboring us. Here's a recording of MG recommending the use of ESP

And finally, here's MG crying about everything. After weeks of constant poo poo-talking in chat and throwing their weight around, they run off to a private server after one setback.

(Copied from http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734854&perpage=40&pagenumber=73#post453482172)

PS.

Haha, wow, thanks for that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Light Gun Man posted:

Was playing EDF with goons earlier and a random player joined with a similar but less impressive sounding username as one of us. Made me wonder how effective a trolling strategy it would be to show up in games with usernames that are like "(username) But Better" or "But Not lovely".
In TF2 I used to get flamed before I even picked a class for making my username "I HAVE SEX W/ GIRLS! :D"

Rhymenoserous posted:

For the record: Guns in this game are hitscan. No travel time, no drop.
Glad to hear they're consistent with their prehistoric theme.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You can build electric poo poo later on and guns and bombs and rockets and poo poo. There is a prehistoric mode though that cuts all of that if you want.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
No I mean hitscan is the stone age of gaming and yet CoD still uses it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If CoD didn't use hitscan then you'd never be able to kill anything except the lovely netcode.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

In TF2 I used to get flamed before I even picked a class for making my username "I HAVE SEX W/ GIRLS! :D"

Hahahha that's awesome. It's amazing how easy it can be to enrage people in online games.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Shumagorath posted:

No I mean hitscan is the stone age of gaming and yet CoD still uses it.

Wow, that went completely over my head. It's not like it usually matters though since you will be shooting very big things at very close ranges. Also having actual bullet physics would be detrimental, the game runs like rear end as it is.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Hihohe posted:

I watched that and like, how oblivious can you be? Daniel just kept loving with this guy and he never caught on.

You should see his Second Life videos.

"I want to build a boat"

"No"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

nexus6 posted:

You should see his Second Life videos.

"I want to build a boat"

"No"

YOURE SCARING W CHILDREN

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Shumagorath posted:

Playing on the Lost Continent servers made me really decent at pyro, such that I could go onto most standard-ish servers and top the list as the purported no-skill-noob-class-W+M1 pyro. People always got salty when I asked how bad everyone else must be if a guy named "THE WORST GUY ON THE TEAM" was doing better than the entire server.

Nateron
Mar 9, 2009

What spit?

neogeo0823 posted:

Playing on the Lost Continent servers made me really decent at pyro, such that I could go onto most standard-ish servers and top the list as the purported no-skill-noob-class-W+M1 pyro. People always got salty when I asked how bad everyone else must be if a guy named "THE WORST GUY ON THE TEAM" was doing better than the entire server.

Wait. Pyro is a noob class?

All these years, all these mistakes.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Nateron posted:

its the best of the spray and pray classes. run around someone focusing fire on them for 3 seconds. kite them toward the health. ignite them either as soon as they heal or blow them away from it and take it yourself. watch the kills pile up as people try to kill you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've always been more of a backburner fan, ambushing inattentive players with a bit more health and range than spy.

Nateron
Mar 9, 2009

What spit?

AkumaHokoru posted:

its the best of the spray and pray classes. run around someone focusing fire on them for 3 seconds. kite them toward the health. ignite them either as soon as they heal or blow them away from it and take it yourself. watch the kills pile up as people try to kill you.

Oh ok. Still the best class.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nateron posted:

Yeah dude wm1 :rolleyes:

I loved playing pyro though.

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAue43hU-M0

Another fun fact about TF2, you can push your teammates into walls when they walk away from the game.

When they return, they (and their viewers) are treated with a goatse spray.

AxisofIdiocy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 18, 2015

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Oh god, that's just too delicious.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Turk February posted:

Oh god, that's just too delicious.

Not empty quoting.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Hello redness my old friend...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

2DCAT posted:

FGTM Stars in my latest video, titled "Albion Online: The Star Wars Scam (How to Make Millions)"

Have no fear, no actual Star War spoilers are revealed in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5bXhgRWHRg

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
For you old wushu goons, china game 4.0 is coming to NA soon. Like a month or less. I think.

Here is an example of something you can do to grief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kbBz29FZAc

You can also just sit there with a dinky gun and shoot people off of horses all day.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Looks neat. I bet it's grindy as gently caress and also pay to win

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

For you old wushu goons, china game 4.0 is coming to NA soon. Like a month or less. I think.

You can also just sit there with a dinky gun and shoot people off of horses all day.

Oh boy. I kind of miss the old AoW. I might have to get this.

Dizz posted:

Looks neat. I bet it's grindy as gently caress and also pay to win

10 goon hobos to every :10bux::10bux::10bux: spending poopsocker is what made AoW great to begin with.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'd need to know what the percentage of angry Vietnamese players is before I'd commit to it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Almost certainly a large number still I'd imagine. They were always angry and always bad.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

How grindy is up for grabs right now and we will find out at the end of CB2 or at launch. The KR version is not as grindy as the US version at the moment. There is a vocal minority in the US version that need their asses kicked for wanting a grind.

How griefy will also be known then. There are trade routes and all you can do is destroy their carts and send them back to rebuild it. But if it is really griefy you will probably see quite a few more posts.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

but what is the game called?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Machai posted:

The Aristocrats.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Machai posted:

It's pretty obvious that it's called 검은사막

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Chalks posted:

It's pretty obvious that it's called 검은사막

Black Desert, gotcha

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Machai posted:

Black Desert, gotcha

That's African American Desert you racist.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Machai posted:

Age of Wushu.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get it.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Machai posted:

Age of Wushu Dynasty is the new one I think. NM. That's a mobile game.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 29, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dabir posted:

I don't get it.

Ancient Chinese IED's or something.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Any MMO that allows me to become a literal terrorist planting IEDs is fine by me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Dabir posted:

I don't get it.

There are quite a few posts in here about an older game age of wushu which is pretty much dead now. So here is a repeat of a story.

One of the things that happens in the game is as you run through npcs walking around town, they give you poo poo about it telling you to slow down or watch out as they dodge out of the way.

We started to institute no horse rules in cities where we would whip people and pull them off their horses kung fu style. This pissed them off.

We would end up having them chase us through towns, only to lead them outside of town into an ambush. Traditional kung fu story style.

It became such a large thing that other people started doing this to since they just thought it was the rule of the server.

We found out how to link images in chat at one point and started putting huge in game images in our chat bubbles that read "NO HORSE!" since it was china game and had that for some reason.

That and knocking people off of horses has kinda been a staple of pissing people off in mmos.

Now this new china game lets you plant land mines to do this to people who are on very long non automated traveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Now this new china game lets you plant land mines to do this to people who are on very long non automated traveling.

The Hurt Locker: Ancient China

• Locked thread