Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Someone's getting shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mr. Wookums posted:

Protests starting in Cleveland it seems. Traffic is being blocked down from the major N/S downtown street :unsmith:

/e- Actually shoreway is just blocked from 9th but I have no idea why.

Oh man wait till radical meme hears that black people are holding up traffic, he's gonna be mad pissed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DemeaninDemon posted:

Someone's getting shot.

Probably an unarmed black child by the police.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Zelder posted:

Oh man wait till radical meme hears that black people are holding up traffic, he's gonna be mad pissed
There's not much traffic to block. Downtown is working at like 50% capacity this week judging by parking.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Probably an hulking thug child brought down by the police.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Probably an unarmed black child by the police.

Don't worry, he won't be an angel.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

No. Some things can be justified. Most things BLM does can't be. Let me know though if BLM ever, ever does anything productive.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

radical meme posted:

No. Some things can be justified. Most things BLM does can't be. Let me know though if BLM ever, ever does anything productive.

im sorry BLM, but you havent produced enough discrete progress quanta for me to take you seriously

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

radical meme posted:

They have, hth.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Another Sikh attacked today, this time in Louisiana. A man yelled racial slurs at a convenience store employee and smashed a beer bottle over his head when asked to leave.

http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/Monroe-man-arrested-for-hate-crime--363724221.html?device=phone&c=y

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

They have, hth.

What? No seriously, what?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
When did that rear end in a top hat Martin Luther King do anything productive? Got people beaten and arrested? lol try harder idiot

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Reminder this was radical meme's idea of how to change the obviously broken system

radical meme posted:

All three really need to happen but, any two of the three are absolutely necessary for any real change. The impetus for change has to come from outside because police and prosecutors are going to resist change. So you have to have social and community groups lobby for these changes. Improved training in non-lethal force is just an obvious winning proposal. It would improve the quality and preparedness of all peace officers and would be the toughest proposal for them to lobby against. We just have to start with lobbying receptive legislators and go from there.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cops closed e9 completely down to the 71/90 exit

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Even Reddit is by and large against the outcome of the Tamir Rice trial, which is surprising.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

joeburz posted:

Reminder this was radical meme's idea of how to change the obviously broken system

And your proposal was?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

radical meme posted:

And your proposal was?

block traffic until people like you have an aneurysm

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

radical meme posted:

And your proposal was?

I propose they kill whitey, starting with you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

fool_of_sound posted:

I propose they kill whitey, starting with you.

"methods of direct action" already make folks like radical meme melt down like the wicked witch of the west

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FAUXTON posted:

You'd think these chucklefucks would be all for it since it would make identifying immigrants easier if it was a standardized field on all states' IDs. But that would be the logical follow-on to their xenophobic bullshit and :lol: like these shitters give a drat about anything other than the capacity to kneecap the country so it makes the black guy in the oval office look bad.

Yeah, um, the complaint vs noncompliant states aren't red/blue like you think:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

"methods of direct action" already make folks like radical meme melt down like the wicked witch of the west

Why do people find it so hard to accept and discuss criticism of BLM? They are just not a productive movement; yet. They have unrealized potential.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

radical meme posted:

Why do people find it so hard to accept and discuss criticism of BLM? They are just not a productive movement; yet. They have unrealized potential.

because you post things calling them "the most useless, impotent, ignorant social movement ever in the history of the U.S.", you freaking clownshoe

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

because you post things calling them "the most useless, impotent, ignorant social movement ever in the history of the U.S.", you freaking clownshoe

I stand by that assessment and will until they do something productive.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

radical meme posted:

If you aren't aware of any of the police reforms which have been proposed and enacted in the last two years you really shouldn't be in this conversation. Get a newspaper.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bunch of cop cars speeding around wtf

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

radical meme posted:

you arrived at that assessment because they delayed some flights in minnesota - a move which im sure you would have been all in favor of it had happened in alabama

its okay to admit you made a dumb, knee-jerk post. everyone does it. let the healing begin, radical meme.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
BLM forced the Sanders campaign to be more visible in regards to policies that could affect minority communities (policing, Justice reforms, etc). So there's that much at least. They're also doing a great job of luring out the All Lives Matter dipshits.

Hell, if you're talking ineffective, limp-dicked groups, doesn't the FreeState Project rank up there? Or the literal Bioshock floating island plan?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FilthyImp posted:

Hell, if you're talking ineffective, limp-dicked groups, doesn't the FreeState Project rank up there? Or the literal Bioshock floating island plan?

While it's not FSP's doing specifically, libertarianism generally in NH has done a great job at loving up public school funding for much of the state, so that's probably something they'd view as an accomplishment come to think of it.

As for seasteading dipshittery, you'll need to be a bit more specific as to which particular group you're talking about.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Even Reddit is by and large against the outcome of the Tamir Rice trial, which is surprising.

I'm pretty sure that even the worst Libertarian has trouble stomaching "gunning down 12 year old children with no warning."

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah, um, the complaint vs noncompliant states aren't red/blue like you think:

Virginia's licenses are compliant. At least, mine (from 2010) appears to have everything they're supposed to have. I guess they just asked for an extension so they could replace the old licenses gradually as they expired rather than doing some bigger rollout.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

radical meme posted:

Presidential candidates are talking about BLM and something related to the movement will likely make it into the Democratic party's platform

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Alkydere posted:

I'm pretty sure that even the worst Libertarian has trouble stomaching "gunning down 12 year old children with no warning."

I'm pretty sure you're completely wrong. Libertarians love to use their ideology as a cover for complete bigotry.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Protests broke off of e9 went down Ontario and are in front of the Q

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Doctor Butts posted:

Protests broke off of e9 went down Ontario and are in front of the Q

For a second there I thought you meant they blocked off the DQ. That dog won't hunt Monsieur.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sword of Chomsky posted:

I'm pretty sure you're completely wrong. Libertarians love to use their ideology as a cover for complete bigotry.

Liberatarians also hate cops though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Libertarians hate cops because they want to be cops shoot the Other.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

fool_of_sound posted:

I notice it really seems to lead to a conundrum when they have to take sides between an oppressed racial minority and law enforcement. the outspoken libertarians I know were all on the cops' side in Ahmed's case

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

fool_of_sound posted:

Wait, since when? All of the libertarians I know would love to be cops if they could pass the physical. THey may not like the cops getting in their way, but they have no problem if that person isn't white. See: Basically any libertarian response to police violence.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
How long was it since we had a serious riot related to race in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Klaus88 posted:

How long was it since we had a serious riot related to race in the US?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_racial_violence_in_the_United_States

quote:

Since 1980
1980: Miami Riot 1980 – following the acquittal of four Miami-Dade Police officers in the death of Arthur McDuffie. McDuffie, an African-American, died from injuries sustained at the hands of four white officers trying to arrest him after a high-speed chase.
1991: Crown Heights Riot – May – between African Americans and the area's large Hasidic Jewish community, over the accidental killing of a Guyanese immigrant child by an Orthodox Jewish motorist. In its wake, several Jews were seriously injured; one Orthodox Jewish man, Yankel Rosenbaum, was killed; and a non-Jewish man, allegedly mistaken by rioters for a Jew, was killed by a group of African-American men.
1991: Overtown, Miami – In the heavily Black section against Cuban Americans, like earlier riots there in 1982 and 1984.
1992: 1992 Los Angeles riots – April 29 to May 5 – a series of riots, lootings, arsons and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County, California in 1992, following the acquittal of police officers on trial regarding the assault of Rodney King.
1992: Harlem, Manhattan in New York City – July – involved Blacks and Puerto Ricans against the New York Police Department, around the time of the 1992 Democratic National Convention being held there.
1995: St. Petersburg, Florida riot of 1996, caused by protests against racial profiling and police brutality.
2001: 2001 Cincinnati Riots – April – in the African-American section of Over-the-Rhine.
2005: Toledo, Ohio – Neo-Nazis and white supremacists marched in North Park, a mostly African-American section of town.
2009: Oakland, CA – Riots following the BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant.
2014: 2014 Ferguson unrest – Riots following the Shooting of Michael Brown
2015: 2015 Baltimore riots - Riots following the death of Freddie Gray
2015: Ferguson unrest - Riots following the anniversary of the Shooting of Michael Brown

• Locked thread