Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Seriously. It basically lays bare that his position re black people being killed by cops is a knee-jerk "Chicago murder rate is terrible, isn't it" and that's the end of his concern.

JEB! is a shitlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

You guys missed the best (worst) thing from that Jeb! interview:

:stare:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's on par with Turd Blossom and Brownie as far as quality goes, I guess.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remember, people used to call Jeb the smart one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is anyone in the Bush family capable of self-awareness? I know I'm answering my own question, but Christ man.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_George_W._Bush

Behold our countries collective shame.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'm actually quite fond of "Pootie-Poot".

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Turd Blossom being the name for Karl Rove is appropriate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I remembered some of these, but a bunch were new, and holy hell....

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Zas posted:

that's true, on the other hand jeb bush doesn't care about black people

Not true: he cares a lot that they politely defer to him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is anyone in the Bush family capable of self-awareness? I know I'm answering my own question, but Christ man.

Well Barbara did say they didn't need another Bush President...

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
As is clear with police shootings, the second amendment does not apply equally in America: while the Supreme Court has ruled that the 2nd Amendment applies to white individuals' right to arms, as we can see from Ohio, the amendment is still limited to only applying to african-american associations.

This is an issue which Congress could redress by enacting legislation which makes it a federal offence to infringe upon any law-abiding, upstanding, non-terroristic American citizen's 2nd Amendment rights.

The cop who shot Tamir Rice should be prosecuted for violating that boy's 2nd amendment rights.

Shutting down an airport with public transit access is not the same as protesting the affects of structural inequalities in America's post-war built environments, it's giving your little group of activists a circlejerk while ruining christmas for thousands and harming the working and middle class by saddling them with change fees. If your city is such poo poo that a single group of protesters blocking off one intersection at a time can shut everything down, you don't live in a city.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Haha oh god the smear site is still up

Which only meant that Colbert noticed her, brought her on the show, and basically landed her in the Maine State Senate :kimchi:

EDIT:...for 2012-2014, anyway. :sigh:

"Now if you'll excuse me, I think I may need to go hunt down Grover Norquist and drown HIM in my bathtub."

...so this is what love feels like.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I think it's pretty progressive that we elected a special needs person to the position of president.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

The cop who shot Tamir Rice should be prosecuted for violating that boy's 2nd amendment rights.

It's certainly true that, once again, the nra has proven itself to be a white supremacist organization

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think it's pretty progressive that we elected a special needs person to the position of president.

Some of his friends in office turned out to be real assholes though.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

quote:

(George Bush, famous for giving colleagues nicknames, called Boehner "Boner.")

No way, Rolling Stone. No way. :gonk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:confused: but Jeb hasn't won yet?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Only 27 more hours in 2015 to get in your hot take on the problems with BLM!

Not helping, Joe. Not helping.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mattavist posted:

Accidentally saying Chicago instead of Cleveland in this situation seems like the tamest gaffe ever.

Not the worst gaffe ever, of course, but it clearly shows that you (ie Bush) are just rambling off boilerplate about "Chicago crime" and don't know poo poo about the situation.

That's bad.

Almost like MIGF, but not that bad.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

Not helping, Joe. Not helping.

They have no organizational structure; no way to co-opt them into electoral victory. They're a hollow immitation of Trump's social media organizational ability. Trump, he'll come headline your fundraiser and retweet his support for you; I've yet to see BLM headline anything, or result in any electoral success.

I think that's the best comparison for BLM I can make, to Trump's ability to turnout tens of thousands to his rallies via tweets, while BLM can hardly get a hundred folk to show up on a good day.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Hey, thats my church.
O-Oh
Thanks Reddit.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

quote:

Shades – Peter Wallsten, blind reporter for the Los Angeles Times[39]
:catstare:

I am like 95% sure that's what Wolverine nicknamed Daredevil.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

quote:

Sabertooth – Barney Frank, Democratic Congressman, Massachusetts
Really want to hear the story for this one.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

quote:

Sit Room Guy – White House Situation Room Director James P. Wisecup

I like how almost all of these are interesting in some creative/stupid way, meanwhile this just sounds like Bush couldn't be assed to remember Wisecup's name. :allears:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Not the worst gaffe ever, of course, but it clearly shows that you (ie Bush) are just rambling off boilerplate about "Chicago crime" and don't know poo poo about the situation.

That's bad.

Almost like MIGF, but not that bad.

I meant he could have easily gotten the Tamir Rice situation mixed up with the Laquan McDonald one, but maybe that's just because it's close to home for me. Obviously not something you'd want a presidential candidate to do, still.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

mcclay posted:

Hey, thats my church.
O-Oh
Thanks Reddit.

I tried going to a UU church as an adult. My wife and I attended and I think we were the only ones there under the age of 70. The focus of the discussion was dealing with grief and accepting impending death.

They had great childcare though.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I cant stop laughing at karl rove's nickname being turd blossom.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
The white house sounds like a loving dick tracy book.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

Only 27 more hours in 2015 to get in your hot take on the problems with BLM!

too much lettuce

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

blue squares posted:

too much lettuce

not enough mayo :haw:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rygar201 posted:

Neither one was Chicago. It's just right wing fuckers diverting from real issues by pointing to Chicago/black on black crime, etc.

Either that or Bush is genuinely ignorant of a few major news stories of the past year, ones that he could expect to come up at interviews.

Stuff happens.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rincewinds posted:

Stuff happens.

Except when Muslims do it then it is terrorism

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

mcclay posted:

Hey, thats my church.
O-Oh
Thanks Reddit.

3rd UU in the thread, somebody get a coffee pot going. :hf:

Ron Jeremy posted:

I tried going to a UU church as an adult. My wife and I attended and I think we were the only ones there under the age of 70. The focus of the discussion was dealing with grief and accepting impending death.

They had great childcare though.

It varies a bit by congregation but yeah, I guess if you want to hang out with old white people who aren't hateful assholes, or at least confirm their existence, a UU church is a good place to start. The congregations with higher percentages of pagans and deists/pantheists tend to be a little more fun.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mattavist posted:

I meant he could have easily gotten the Tamir Rice situation mixed up with the Laquan McDonald one, but maybe that's just because it's close to home for me. Obviously not something you'd want a presidential candidate to do, still.

I'm just not as optimistic. If he was thinking about McDonald instead of mindless boilerplate, he could have said so to save face. :shrug:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
From a few pages back, but Netanyahu is Israel's prime minister and therefore leads their government. The head of state is the president (I think Revlin atm. Not sure, phone posting).

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I got the Tamir Rice incident and McDonald confused in the webcomics thread by accident as well. In my case it was because it was a combination of being really pissed hot off news of the decision not to indict in the Race case so close to McDonald being in the news. In Bush's case "WELL THEY SHOOT EACH OTHER A LOT IN CHICAGO!!!" is the standard conservative response to any inference that black people are predominantly not only the victims of police violence but also that the justice system encourages cops to literally shoot first and ask questions later in regards to them. It's a bullshit misdirection that really highlights was a poo poo Bush is when he's been directly asked a question and his immediate answer is standard victim blaming and when called on getting his facts wrong tries to weasel out of it with "well there's a problem I guess but people aren't racist and support cops".

I'm not going to pretend that my mistake wasn't at least subconsciously influenced by right wing messaging's constant saturation with what a battlefield Chicago apparently is but I'm trying to make sure I think about it when I reflexively say stuff.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
"Flies on the eyeballs guy" is one hell of a loving nickname.

:stare::respek::black101:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Radish posted:

I got the Tamir Rice incident and McDonald confused in the webcomics thread by accident as well. In my case it was because it was a combination of being really pissed hot off news of the decision not to indict in the Race case so close to McDonald being in the news. In Bush's case "WELL THEY SHOOT EACH OTHER A LOT IN CHICAGO!!!" is the standard conservative response to any inference that black people are predominantly not only the victims of police violence but also that the justice system encourages cops to literally shoot first and ask questions later in regards to them. It's a bullshit misdirection that really highlights was a poo poo Bush is when he's been directly asked a question and his immediate answer is standard victim blaming and when called on getting his facts wrong tries to weasel out of it with "well there's a problem I guess but people aren't racist and support cops".

I'm not going to pretend that my mistake wasn't at least subconsciously influenced by right wing messaging's constant saturation with what a battlefield Chicago apparently is but I'm trying to make sure I think about it when I reflexively say stuff.

Eh, I wouldn't take it too close to the heart if I were you. There's so many of these loving shootings, it's hard to keep them all in line. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/21/old-man-wanted-more-than-money-branson-bank-robbery/76070266/

A 77 year old with severe health problems that was living in squalor and rejected by a VA hospital in Missouri woke up and robbed a bank and turned himself in so he could go to prison and get healthcare.

• Locked thread