Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The only thing that's bad about drawers is they can be kinda wonky with corporea sparks. They only expose a single stack of their item at a time to the outside world, so they don't show their true contents. They also occasionally get lost in the corporea network, in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

There's also the issue that they don't save slots so if you take out the last zombie brain the drawer is now empty you can't just dump brains in the controller anymore, you have to fill another drawer with them.

There's a key item you can use to lock a drawer to an item! Then it saves that slot even if you run out, iirc.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So has anyone here dealt with the problem where the launcher stops responding to mouse input at all? I've found stuff saying downgrading to Java 7 fixes it, but some mods require J8 now, so I'd rather not.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Also it turns out Compact Chests, er, chests, can't be dollied, oohhhh nooooooooo

This is why i hate that mod and ended up using tons of normal wooden chests instead whenever possible in regrowth. I am a terrible, terrible designer and constantly need to move chests around.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Wolpertinger posted:

Really? maybe I should give it a more thoroughy try, I quit early because of a really buggy incoherent quest I got from a random fence labeled 'note #1' that broke when i pressed right click to read it and placed it instead, destroying the quest item.
Yeah that's dumb but honestly you need to fix broken quests in everything but Blightfall.

Glory of Arioch posted:

wow, i didnt know they backported hqm to 1.2.5
It's based around EE2 or whatever the remake is.

It's... a change of pace from the current HQM setups. You're essentially swimming in infinite resources from minute 1.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Can't launch Agrarian Skies 2 on my laptop. Works fine on my desktop. I let Java update itself before installing it, maybe I shouldn't have done that? Here's the error log I got. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

greententacle posted:

Can't launch Agrarian Skies 2 on my laptop. Works fine on my desktop. I let Java update itself before installing it, maybe I shouldn't have done that? Here's the error log I got. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

If it's because you updated java, then install the legacy java fixer.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
So uh, anybody know how to use CustomNPCs? I put lolmer in the BFSF Dad Bar, but could not figure out how to sit him in a stool like a good dad.

I jumped a little when it did the default "Hello RockoBonaparte" in chat when I rclicked him. I did not know that was a thing and I was going to be all "lolmer get out of my computers!" I need to do this stuff at a sane hour.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So uh, anybody know how to use CustomNPCs? I put lolmer in the BFSF Dad Bar, but could not figure out how to sit him in a stool like a good dad.

I jumped a little when it did the default "Hello RockoBonaparte" in chat when I rclicked him. I did not know that was a thing and I was going to be all "lolmer get out of my computers!" I need to do this stuff at a sane hour.

EDIT: Never mind, the Mounter tool is for something different.

What you can do is shift right click the NPC Wand while looking at a chair or what have you to spawn an NPC on top of it. After that go to the AI Tab, find the Movement button, then in the menu that pops up change "Animation" to Sitting. You can then set "Rotation" to either a manual static number, set the NPC to "Stalk" nearby players (will cause the npc to spin 360 in their chair, so better when on a stool) or set a specific rotation for their head. The default Rotation setting causes them to spin around in their seat at random.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 30, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Enzer posted:

EDIT: Never mind, the Mounter tool is for something different.

What you can do is shift right click the NPC Wand while looking at a chair or what have you to spawn an NPC on top of it. After that go to the AI Tab, find the Movement button, then in the menu that pops up change "Animation" to Sitting. You can then set "Rotation" to either a manual static number, set the NPC to "Stalk" nearby players (will cause the npc to spin 360 in their chair, so better when on a stool) or set a specific rotation for their head. The default Rotation setting causes them to spin around in their seat at random.

Ehh partial credit. I figured out after combing the mod's forum thread that I have to set the animation state to "sitting." I hadn't even gotten that far.

So the dad bar is pretty empty:

I tried to put an NPC of the Lloyd the bartender from The Shining behind the counter, but the skin was 1.8 and it came out awful. I thought I then transformed it to 1.7, but it still kept coming up garbled.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Not a Dad here, but you can call me Book Dad or something since I'm trying my hand at that whole "Writing" thing. Throw a book and quill into my hands or on the table for extra effect!

My Thunderdome avatar should attest to how well that's going quality wise ;) Masters are only people who have failed a thousand times!

Cmon goons, sign up to be part of the bar.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I think I'll just leave it mostly unoccupied and just ask people every time there's a post somewhere--not even just here--that I find that involves somebody playing with their kids, or having to do something with their kids, or how much their kids love it haha. The first feedback on the pack was from a dad on Technic that was using it to learn all the tech stuff because his son went to college and wasn't around to do all the machines any more.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

I'd throw my (not-dad) name in but apparently my MC account got stolen last night.

That said, I was having a lot of fun with BFSR, especially since I haven't really messed with minecraft mods for a while now. It was nice to see what was updated and what had changed.

Though I remember in one branch of the Tinkers' stuff in the book, there was a quest that specifically required you to make something out of slime mud seared bricks? Up to that point I only had the stone seared bricks so I'm wondering if I just missed a reward or something.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Ehh partial credit. I figured out after combing the mod's forum thread that I have to set the animation state to "sitting." I hadn't even gotten that far.

So the dad bar is pretty empty:

I tried to put an NPC of the Lloyd the bartender from The Shining behind the counter, but the skin was 1.8 and it came out awful. I thought I then transformed it to 1.7, but it still kept coming up garbled.

I am also a dad and you can plop me in your bar if you want. My kid is only two but he likes watching me play minecraft!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think I'll just leave it mostly unoccupied and just ask people every time there's a post somewhere--not even just here--that I find that involves somebody playing with their kids, or having to do something with their kids, or how much their kids love it haha. The first feedback on the pack was from a dad on Technic that was using it to learn all the tech stuff because his son went to college and wasn't around to do all the machines any more.

:3: Feels good huh?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Such a disappointment.

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/bigtrees

It's just trees that are big. :bahgawd:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Reason posted:

I am also a dad and you can plop me in your bar if you want. My kid is only two but he likes watching me play minecraft!

What's a URL to your skin, or your player name so I can look it up? I think I can look it up from a player name . . .

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
I actually suggested BFSR to my boss, who plays Minecraft with his kids but doesn't know anything about modded Minecraft. I can ask for his username if you want.

bigperm posted:

Such a disappointment.

The Original Mod Author posted:

(I named them "hat" trees because the leaf pattern reminds me of the conical hats some Asians wear.)

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You need to add Wylker!

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

greententacle posted:

You need to add Wylker!

...who?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

He's a goon Lets Play minecrafter and he posts here.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bigperm posted:

Such a disappointment.

okay, call it 'magic trees' or something.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Go for the obvious pun: TechTrees.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Reason posted:

load up a creative and let him play. After a few days he'll start to surprise you.

I remember the first time my son found the rails. I showed him to put a mine cart on it and some redtorches. Came back 15 mins later and he had made a roller coaster that worked.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Sage Grimm posted:

Go for the obvious pun: TechTrees.

How about :

Coniferous Energistics
Thermal Forestry
Craigtech

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Big Trees is based on the idea of Big Reactors, providing mass access to a resource without the hassle the actual mods provide. Specifically Mana from Botania

Then it just branched out to increasingly amazing concepts

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

bigperm posted:

Coniferous Energistics Eugenics

:godwin:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Meskhenet posted:

load up a creative and let him play. After a few days he'll start to surprise you.

I remember the first time my son found the rails. I showed him to put a mine cart on it and some redtorches. Came back 15 mins later and he had made a roller coaster that worked.

He hasn't quite grasped mouse and keyboard yet. He just pounds on it like a maniac.

Also my Minecraft user name is olybenjamin for the skin.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Big Arboretum.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Craigtech is the best name

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Magres posted:

Craigtech is the best name

Watch as you get the Gregtech guy threaten to sue you off the face of the earth for stealing his original name idea.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I've been on a one-track mind here, so maybe I should back up...

Tyty posted:

I'd throw my (not-dad) name in but apparently my MC account got stolen last night.

That said, I was having a lot of fun with BFSR, especially since I haven't really messed with minecraft mods for a while now. It was nice to see what was updated and what had changed.

Though I remember in one branch of the Tinkers' stuff in the book, there was a quest that specifically required you to make something out of slime mud seared bricks? Up to that point I only had the stone seared bricks so I'm wondering if I just missed a reward or something.

That quest was kind of screwed up, but I fixed it some time ago . . . I think. It was a quest to make slime crystals for making slime bow limbs. After I reach a certain point with what I now call Baby's First City (the tutorial world), I'll add some advance quests. I just didn't want to, say, make turbine quests without having a demo space for them somewhere. Similarly, I would like to do a more in depth thing on mob grinders, but also wanted to halt until I could make a demo rig.

Reason posted:

He hasn't quite grasped mouse and keyboard yet. He just pounds on it like a maniac.
Congratulations! You have a future Minecraft modder!

quote:

Also my Minecraft user name is olybenjamin for the skin.

I popped you in next to Thyr0rk. You have a 1.8 skin apparently, and CustomNPCs screws them up. I just crop it down to 64x32 and lose a little bit of the extradimensional detail.

Carados posted:

I actually suggested BFSR to my boss, who plays Minecraft with his kids but doesn't know anything about modded Minecraft. I can ask for his username if you want.

Sure, let me know--assuming your boss didn't try it and then fired you in the interim. Dad bar is still small.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Has Regrowth reached a state where there's a full array of quests for all the mods yet? I want to make my return

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Elswyyr posted:

Has Regrowth reached a state where there's a full array of quests for all the mods yet? I want to make my return

I don't know about a full array but there's like twenty categories in the questbook now. I quit To The Core to play it and the changes are interesting but already I've found an infinite wood/charcoal/sticks/ wood ash loop by smelting a stack of the dead planks in a furnace. Four stacks of of the resulting blocks turns into two stacks of charcoal, a stack of sticks, a stack of wood ash, and about six stacks of the wood which you can feed right back into the furnaces.

I've just now got iron seeds so the pack is opening up but in general it feels a bit grindier than before. Admittedly the last time I played was 0.7.0 back when a bug caused it to generate villages which allowed a huuuuuge amount of leapfrogging, so maybe I just forgot about the early game being a slog.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've been on a one-track mind here, so maybe I should back up...

That quest was kind of screwed up, but I fixed it some time ago . . . I think. It was a quest to make slime crystals for making slime bow limbs. After I reach a certain point with what I now call Baby's First City (the tutorial world), I'll add some advance quests. I just didn't want to, say, make turbine quests without having a demo space for them somewhere. Similarly, I would like to do a more in depth thing on mob grinders, but also wanted to halt until I could make a demo rig.

Congratulations! You have a future Minecraft modder!

I popped you in next to Thyr0rk. You have a 1.8 skin apparently, and CustomNPCs screws them up. I just crop it down to 64x32 and lose a little bit of the extradimensional detail.

Sure, let me know--assuming your boss didn't try it and then fired you in the interim. Dad bar is still small.

Feel free to throw JAdair in on this if you want. I'm no father yet, but gently caress it, rules are for shlubs.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
How do the crazy people do smeltery automation? I have heard some stuff about piping off smeltery output into separate areas. In the original Agrarian Skies, we did something like that to send molten metals from the high oven to mariculture casting basins. Is there something I can do with fluiducts and smeltery components? I tried to, say, run filtered fluiducts into the back of dedicated smeltery drains to each cast its own ingots, and that went nowhere. I'm assuming it also involves separate smelteries to prevent unexpected alloys.

This is not normally the ideal setup in major tech mod packs, but I just wanted to show the crazy stuff that was possible.

StealthArcher posted:

Feel free to throw JAdair in on this if you want. I'm no father yet, but gently caress it, rules are for shlubs.

Sure whatevers. There are plenty of stools and none of the dads are drinking.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I tried to, say, run filtered fluiducts into the back of dedicated smeltery drains to each cast its own ingots, and that went nowhere.

Have you tried using the basins to make full blocks instead of the ingot casts? I remember having to do that in Agrarian Skies because I couldn't get it to work with individual ingot casts.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

How do the crazy people do smeltery automation? I have heard some stuff about piping off smeltery output into separate areas. In the original Agrarian Skies, we did something like that to send molten metals from the high oven to mariculture casting basins. Is there something I can do with fluiducts and smeltery components? I tried to, say, run filtered fluiducts into the back of dedicated smeltery drains to each cast its own ingots, and that went nowhere. I'm assuming it also involves separate smelteries to prevent unexpected alloys.

This is not normally the ideal setup in major tech mod packs, but I just wanted to show the crazy stuff that was possible.

Sure whatevers. There are plenty of stools and none of the dads are drinking.

I'm a fan of liquid tanks for storing smeltery stuff. Here's a google suggested youtube.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You can pump molten metal out of a smeltery at a smeltery drain. Have the fluiduct connect to the drain and connect the filters at the ducts connecting to the drains, then just direct each metal to their own block caster with their own flui-duct line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Pi In The Sky posted:

Have you tried using the basins to make full blocks instead of the ingot casts? I remember having to do that in Agrarian Skies because I couldn't get it to work with individual ingot casts.

Nope. Ingots are nice round units when feeding the smeltery ore, so I can be sure of getting an ingot's worth from normal stuff.

Anias posted:

I'm a fan of liquid tanks for storing smeltery stuff. Here's a google suggested youtube.

That's something else. I'm trying to set up demo areas for more advanced crap for BFSR. Throwing the fluids into storage is a different topic.

SugarAddict posted:

You can pump molten metal out of a smeltery at a smeltery drain. Have the fluiduct connect to the drain and connect the filters at the ducts connecting to the drains, then just direct each metal to their own block caster with their own flui-duct line.

I thought this is what I was doing. For what it was worth, connecting a fluiduct->drain->table did not work. However, fluiduct->channel->table did work. Kind of. A little bit of metal was left behind.

Wait, are you talking about basins too?