Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Carmant posted:

I cannot do that as I am no longer in the town. I was merely passing through.

WELL GO BACK THEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

peter gabriel posted:

WELL GO BACK THEN

I will do it for a kiss from bird woman.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Carmant posted:

I will do it for a kiss from bird woman.

I can make this happen.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Dec 31, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can make this happen.

I'll make the wiki!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can make this happen.

you guys and your lack of timg tags :argh:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

Friend took a selfie of us. Her phone's camera kinda sucks. I'm on the right.

You are extremely beautiful and you guys make a cute couple.

Hey, John Travolta circa 1978 called: he wanted his way of looking extremely beautiful in a leather jacket back.

Ignite Memories posted:

Long time listener first time caller

meat haunch

Let me just say this: this is a wonderful picture and I think your haunch looks extremely meatful.

e: meaty-ful.

Minimalist Program has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Dec 31, 2015

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can make this happen.

I am not sure if you are kidding or if this is really you (weird costume?) but either way, I think you look good, and very distinguished.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

you guys and your lack of timg tags :argh:

I thought about it, but I decided that Chickenlady needed to break some tables.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's fair. If you want to change it back I respect your artistic choices :patriot:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The joke wasn't good enough to put in the effort.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ignite Memories posted:

Long time listener first time caller

as a cartoon person

So...you going to tell us how you ended up in a crowd shot of Wordgirl?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

hahaha what is up with that aisle sign?

Apparently it is a valid thing in Paxton, IL.
https://richarddawkins.net/2014/10/wheres-jesus-check-aisle-5/

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Minimalist Program posted:

I am not sure if you are kidding or if this is really you (weird costume?) but either way, I think you look good, and very distinguished.

That's the Chickenlady, a minor character from the affable 90's sketch comedy "Kids in the Hall". I went to a 90's-themed costume party a while back as her, but I don't have a picture handy so I just googled up the original.

Still have the costume though, so if Carmant's desperate for that kiss I can break it out.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The difference between beard/hair color is unlikely and amazing.

If I'm out in the sun in summer my beard will turn red and gets darker the deeper into winter we get. The gray bits stay gray though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

So...you going to tell us how you ended up in a crowd shot of Wordgirl?

I story boarded on seasons 7 & 8! Everybody on the animation team got an extra.

That was my favorite job ever, it was a shame the studio shut down or I'd still be happily making wordgirl.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
100 odd new posts and this is the best drama you guys can generate? can't even derail threads right

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

100 odd new posts and this is the best drama you guys can generate? can't even derail threads right

Well, I'd try to do something about it, but I'm too busy trying to avoid Kitchner and his pitchfork-wielding mob. :argh:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Witches get stitches.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Kitchner posted:

Witches get stitches.

Laugh it up, mortal. I'll come to collect what's mine on your death bed. :twisted:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Leaf Witch gonna trap your soul in her cloak for a couple centuries.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Joke's on her, I live in London so I don't have a soul.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Detective Thompson posted:

Leaf Witch gonna trap your soul in her cloak for a couple centuries.
Why would I dirty up my cloak with someone's soul? Souls go in thrice-cursed, glass bottles when in storage. Storing them anywhere else is just asking for trouble.

Kitchner posted:

Joke's on her, I live in London so I don't have a soul.
Sold it already, have you? I'll call around, see who has the contract.

Your soul will be mine. :devil:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

schnickety scribe posted:

Why would I dirty up my cloak with someone's soul? Souls go in thrice-cursed, glass bottles when in storage. Storing them anywhere else is just asking for trouble.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sold it already, have you? I'll call around, see who has the contract.

Your soul will be mine. :devil:

I wish, I could do with cash.

I think London just sucks out your soul via ridiculous tube train commuting and puts them all in some sort of nether realm, and replaces it with a hatred of tourists.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Kitchner posted:

I wish, I could do with cash.

I think London just sucks out your soul via ridiculous tube train commuting and puts them all in some sort of nether realm, and replaces it with a hatred of tourists.

What's so bad about commuting via trains/subways? I take two to work every day and my soul remains quite intact.

Granted, I haven't run into many tourist flocks, except my first week of commuting, when there was a big, important(?) golf tournament along the interurban line, and earlier this year when the Pope came to town and everything shut down. That was nuts. There were so many people just standing around and in my way on the subway platform. If you don't know what you're doing, stand to the loving side instead of having your group of 15 people milling around like confused cattle!

Also, some rear end in a top hat backed into my drat car. At a gas station. While they were being screamed at to stop. :argh:

Joke's on them, my car is a tank and took no damage. Their car left with some fancy new paint and a hosed up bumper. :smuggo:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

What's so bad about commuting via trains/subways? I take two to work every day and my soul remains quite intact.

Crazy house and rent prices in London means anyone who's not a Saudi Arabian Prince, Russian Oligarch, or some sort of banker has to live on the outskirts of the city, but all the offices are in the centre, so each morning I do over an hour on this:

My office (when I'm not at a client) is on Baker Street (yes that Baker Street) which means it's one of the primo tourist destinations.

I guess it's probably not too dissimilar from New York in the way people in the US half-joke that people in New York are rude, it's the same for London.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Jan 4, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

What's so bad about commuting via trains/subways?

It's the eternal signal failure that is the circle line.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

kitchner why would you post a 3000 pixel image without thumbnailing it, you are all just loving with me now aren't you

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

kitchner why would you post a 3000 pixel image without thumbnailing it, you are all just loving with me now aren't you

To be fair, it's something to expect from someone with no soul.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

touche.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I didn't count them.

Also, I'm posting from my phone so I didn't see how big the photo is.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Waci posted:

It's the eternal signal failure that is the circle line.

The three worst things I've heard announced on the tube were:

1) "due to a customer incident, we are delayed" - I've always assumed this meant someone died, until we were literally told once someone threw themselves on the tracks at like 11:00pm and they cancelled all the trains

2) "If there are any customers with professional medical training, please make yourself known to a staff member" - Said on new years eve

3) "Can Inspector Sands please report to the operation room" - this is actually code for "there's a fire" and I wish I never learnt that

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Kitchner posted:

Crazy house and rent prices in London means anyone who's not a Saudi Arabian Prince, Russian Oligarch, or some sort of banker has to live on the outskirts of the city, but all the offices are in the centre, so each morning I do over an hour on this:

My office (when I'm not at a client) is on Baker Street (yes that Baker Street) which means it's one of the primo tourist destinations.

I guess it's probably not too dissimilar from New York in the way people in the US half-joke that people in New York are rude, it's the same for London.

Huh, who'd have thought Gerry Rafferty had such a loyal fan base

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

I lived in Manhattan for years and yes, Londoners and New Yorkers are very much the same breed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

I lived in Manhattan for years and yes, Londoners and New Yorkers are very much the same breed.

Assholes?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I very much like the tube. Cleaner than nyc, same as DC. I didn't ride rush hour like DC tho.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Yes

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fair enough.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kitchner posted:

Who is joking? People from New York are rude as poo poo. Who the gently caress else will stare you straight in the eye yet pretend not to see you when you wish them a good afternoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Washington comes close, but there they respond with fear and confusion.