Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Vargs posted:

Engie: Does nothing but rep the farm of tanks raining hell on an enemy position who are shelling a base for 1 kill every 3 minutes, while not pushing the point.

Ugh so many times this. If only pubbie tankers could be bothered to at least defend the sundies from enemy tanks rolling in from the next base ahead but noooo. Gotta keep shelling that spawnroom in case someone peeks out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Moto42 posted:

Engie: Does nothing but rep the farm of tanks raining hell on an enemy position. Resulting in more damage and enemy deaths than any 3 HA zerglings. K/D: 0/1, but he did a better job than that 1/1 guy who just rush-rush-rushed.

Infil: Did nothing but spam recon darts, sucking reloads off that engy's ammo pack. Vastly improving the information the guys in the thick of it have to work with. K/D 0/1, but she made all those zergers 2 or 3 times more effective than without that dart-spam.

Medic: Rezes that infil who just got plinked by a sniper. Just rezzes people who get picked off doing support rolls in the tank-farm. K/D: 0/1, but drat, this place is running pretty well when the support staff isn't asleeps in some bloods.

Light Assault: Spent 3 minutes sneaking into a wierd corner of the battle-field to drop a beacon. Didn't fire a shot because that would attract attention, get's podded by the first person to drop in. K/D: 0/1, but the enemy team has a whole new front to deal with.

Galaxy Pilot: Just keeps filling up with pubbies from a nearby not-so-hot zone and fly-by dropping them into the thick of it. A whole 'nuther set of problems for the enemy. K/D: 0/0 Wierdly, there was almost no anti-air from the enemy.

Another Infil: Stalker-cloaked, just snuck around hacking turrets and terminals. K/D:0/1, and that gal-pilot is kinda confused.

Another Engie: Sits in the back of a harasser, eating popcorn with one hand and repping it with the other. K/D 0/1, the gunner and driver rack up far more kills than without constant healing, circling the battlefield, blowing up incoming tanks, and ramping off random terrain.

These players are all doing it wrong. If they had recursion hopefully they would be shamed into being a better player.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

The more people you kill, the less people left to cap the point.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Engie: they don't exist. Redeploy for more ammo. Grind a VS directive gun on the side.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Engie: HONK HONK HONK HONK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK! Get out of the way you stupid pubbies! Get weapons locked and makes lots of cets. HONK HONK HONK HONK!

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.

Westy543 posted:

The more people you kill, the less people left to cap the point.
Death isn't permanent, they can come back. :ssh:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Guy Forget posted:

Death isn't permanent, they can come back. :ssh:

This is why you kill them again!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So if the Heavy nerf goes live, would this make the game worth it to come back to? I racked up like 300 hours and stopped when the game felt like a stalemate because it was just Heavy vs Heavy with vehicles sitting at max distance shelling spawn rooms. Like a super futuristic Verdun.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
how do i get mumble overlay to work with thegame in fancy-pants 64 bits

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

what happened posted:

Unless something has changed recently, you don't. Can run the game in 32-bit, but it's shittier and caused occasional crashes for me.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

what happened posted:

Get dev snapshot of 64-bit 1.3.0 from their website. Here's latest one as of right now http://mumble.info/snapshot/mumble-1.3.0~930~g143bf86~snapshot.winx64.msi (as seen at http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page ).

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Moto42 posted:

Engie: Does nothing but rep the farm of tanks raining hell on an enemy position. Resulting in more damage and enemy deaths than any 3 HA zerglings. K/D: 0/1, but he did a better job than that 1/1 guy who just rush-rush-rushed.

Infil: Did nothing but spam recon darts, sucking reloads off that engy's ammo pack. Vastly improving the information the guys in the thick of it have to work with. K/D 0/1, but she made all those zergers 2 or 3 times more effective than without that dart-spam.

Medic: Rezes that infil who just got plinked by a sniper. Just rezzes people who get picked off doing support rolls in the tank-farm. K/D: 0/1, but drat, this place is running pretty well when the support staff isn't asleeps in some bloods.

Light Assault: Spent 3 minutes sneaking into a wierd corner of the battle-field to drop a beacon. Didn't fire a shot because that would attract attention, get's podded by the first person to drop in. K/D: 0/1, but the enemy team has a whole new front to deal with.

Galaxy Pilot: Just keeps filling up with pubbies from a nearby not-so-hot zone and fly-by dropping them into the thick of it. A whole 'nuther set of problems for the enemy. K/D: 0/0 Wierdly, there was almost no anti-air from the enemy.

Another Infil: Stalker-cloaked, just snuck around hacking turrets and terminals. K/D:0/1, and that gal-pilot is kinda confused.

Another Engie: Sits in the back of a harasser, eating popcorn with one hand and repping it with the other. K/D 0/1, the gunner and driver rack up far more kills than without constant healing, circling the battlefield, blowing up incoming tanks, and ramping off random terrain.

do you actually play this game

JohnnieWalker919
Nov 6, 2014

kalstrams posted:

Get dev snapshot of 64-bit 1.3.0 from their website.

Also, always start mumble before you start the PS2 launcher.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

do you actually play this game

He would but those loving heavies keep him from leaving the spawn room so he just has to imagine what it's like to play PS2

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Ringo Star Get posted:

So if the Heavy nerf goes live, would this make the game worth it to come back to? I racked up like 300 hours and stopped when the game felt like a stalemate because it was just Heavy vs Heavy with vehicles sitting at max distance shelling spawn rooms. Like a super futuristic Verdun.

Game doesn't stalemate much for reasons like class composition. It's mainly the geography. Anyway, the nerf isn't going to make heavies stop being the best non-MAX class at killing people, it's just going to make them a bit less dominant. But heavies are still going to be the class used more than any other.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

At least a non-HA will stand more than a fart's chance in the wind if they get the first shots in of these changes do through. At least against NMG/Adren.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sitchelin posted:

At least a non-HA will stand more than a fart's chance in the wind if they get the first shots in of these changes do through. At least against NMG/Adren.

any time, really! Resist is pretty poor stuff in terms of being reactionary

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

The game says that on my main character 55% of my play time is engineer. Also I try to shoot people as an engineer instead of changing classes. And I am bad at shooting people in close range situations. Like legit terrible and I can't fix this mechanical problem. And I have a positive KD, probably because of fans, periphery, dapp, and aod. I'll still lose to the high KDR heavy mains more than I win but I like that they are showing a willingness to change the heavy even if I can't give good balance feedback on the shields.

Unrelated though my biggest complaint is that it feels like I frequently die as I am throwing a sticky nade with no explosion and yet the grenade (and nanites for a replacement) are eaten. I know that they have to impact before you die but it is super frustrating when I die and see my sticky hit someone in the face and bounce off never to be seen again.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Vynar posted:

Unrelated though my biggest complaint is that it feels like I frequently die as I am throwing a sticky nade with no explosion and yet the grenade (and nanites for a replacement) are eaten. I know that they have to impact before you die but it is super frustrating when I die and see my sticky hit someone in the face and bounce off never to be seen again.

Explosives are weird and only explode and do damage where the client sees it. For instance, where you see and throw your grenade may be different to where your target saw you throw it. In your screen there's a grenade stuck to his face, but in his screen you missed and threw the grenade out the window. This is also how you can get killed if they try to hug you when it explodes, you would die and they'll live.

Also I'm pretty sure all Explosives and rockets become moot when you die.

Vynar posted:

The game says that on my main character 55% of my play time is engineer.

I'm guessing most of that engie time is spent driving in a vehicle? That doesn't count.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 2, 2016

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I'm guessing most of that engie time is spent driving in a vehicle? That doesn't count.

Most of my not vehicle time is as an engineer too because I like sticky grenades and poor life decisions.

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
PSA: If you're at a biolab satellite and you look at the biolab on the map, you'll be able to see which teleporter that base connects to.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Does the Blackhand have bullet drop? It doesn't feel like it but I only had time to use it for a few minutes tonight.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Rexxed posted:

Does the Blackhand have bullet drop? It doesn't feel like it but I only had time to use it for a few minutes tonight.

Not a lot, you have to be pretty far away to have to compensate for it.

Lima fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 2, 2016

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The Blackhand's got better muzzle velocity than a semi-auto scout rifle or the low magnification sniper rifles. It even beats the Vandal on that front, poo poo's insane.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I just want to headshot people through their heavy shields so they slam their desk and yell about loving bush wookies. :(

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I just want to get rid of the headshot sound. :(

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Westy543 posted:

I just want to headshot people through their heavy shields so they slam their desk and yell about loving bush wookies. :(

Snipe "nobel skyknijts" at an air terminal for the same effect :D

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I still love this game but stuff like vehicles not showing on the minimap has been a bug for a long, long time and it's getting kind of tiresome waiting to see if they'll fix important things like that. You'd think it would be a high priority item since it affects everyone and is easy to reproduce and it's not a new feature, it's just broken.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Lima posted:

Snipe "nobel skyknijts" at an air terminal for the same effect :D

Real skyknights won't pull in a hex with enemies in it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Horizontal Tree posted:

Real skyknights won't pull in a hex with enemies in it.

Real bushwookies don't shoot at anything that isn't a hex away!

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Does holding shift while aiming steady all guns or just snipers?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Protons posted:

Does holding shift while aiming steady all guns or just snipers?

It steadies all closed scopes, so the 6x to 12x ones and the night vision.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
What Lima said. Only the ones with scope sway, but on any gun that gets them. Which is really mostly only snipers and a select few others.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

I see. So SoggyCow is retarded and it does nothing to steady a 1 or 2x. I bet he's sitting there, ADS'ing with his Mercenary and holding shift.

Also, :lol: Hammerboss needs to take Xanax intravenously.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Pressing shift when adsing with a 1x-4x scope should uhm, de-ads you.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Wait, it took THAT for you to realize SoggyCow is an idiotic loon?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

I never ever paid attention to people in the game or on reddit. I have had maybe 60 seconds exposure time to SoggyCOw.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Your daily infantry sperg melt down over maxes link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EmeraldPS2/comments/408wuf/fucking_make_the_game_fun_for_us_to_fight_klyptovs/

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

That guy is this mad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNd5sOZSkH4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Same but with... bushwookies? :psyduck:

e: My longcon of getting some of my friends to play PS2 may just succeed. How should someone who's coming from WoT/War Thunder and is bad at infantry spend their first ~2000 certs? I still know next to nothing about vehicle play :v:

Lima fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 10, 2016

• Locked thread