Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

GOD BLESS JOHNNY MANZIEL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I bet he slipped in his shower

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Austin davis is going to slip on a McDonalds bag and give us the terrelle Pryor start we deserve.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

GOD BLESS JOHNNY MANZIEL
agreed my frend

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think everyone in Cleveland has concussion-like symptoms

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

old dog child posted:

I bet he slipped in his shower

That's what happened to Tevin Coleman... I don't know why the announcers wouldn't say that vs what they did say, "Freak Shower Accident."

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
They didn't want to say he was loving in the shower

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Chilichimp posted:

That's what happened to Tevin Coleman... I don't know why the announcers wouldn't say that vs what they did say, "Freak Shower Accident."

Well, actually, they were correct. You see, Tevin began his rigid shower routine as he did every day at 7:30 p.m. As always, he applied soap to his washcloth for 20 seconds. He began to scrub face with small counterclockwise motions beginning with his upper right forehead. Unknown to him, Leon Dreyfus, his neighbor one floor above and three rooms further down was experiencing trouble with his sink. Growing up in Cholet, Mr. Dreyfus never had garbage disposal and thus did not know that he might have verily easily fixed the clog by flipping the switch near the sink, which he had only used once and was terrified by the loud noises it made.

Fortunately, thought Mr. Dreyfus, his cousin, Jacques Gagnier, a strongman of some renown in Pays de la Loire, was visiting with him for the week. Mr. Dreyfus had picked up a set of keys dropped by the doorman two days prior. Mr. Dreyfus had every intention of returning the keys but was a curious man and wanted to explore the locked doors in the building. He was especially hopeful to find a stairwell to the roof. Mr. Dreyfus loved heights since he was a young boy. He would climb to the top of his parent's apartment building and gaze out at the town, the people below, or the sky for hours. He once brought a young lady that he loved up there with him. He kissed her and she turned away to gaze at the horizon as she told him that she had fallen madly in love with the chocolatier's son, who was older, taller and read Italian poetry to her. She said they planned to run away to Milan, but that she would send the young Leon a postcard once they settled down. She asked Leon not to hate her and kissed him on the cheek before she left. Leon never again climbed onto a roof and developed a severe prejudice against Italians, which was fortunate that he never met any.

As Tevin began scrubbing his left armpit, Mr. Dreyfus and Jacques found the door to the basement. The third key they tried opened the door. The two decided it would be smartest to turn off the water before clearing what they assumed was poor drainage to the sewer. Tevin was scrubbing behind his right knee when the water was shut off. The landlord had burnt his hand baking frozen fish sticks and was running it under a hot tap. Confused and annoyed, the landlord retrieved the building super and the two made their way to the basement. Mr. Dreyfus was 5 days late on his rent, and had been late the past three months, a source of friction between Mr. Dreyfus and the landlord. Upon discovering Mr. Dreyfus and Jacques tampering with the plumbing, the landlord flew into a fit of rage and began beating Mr. Dreyfus about the shoulders and screaming insults. Jacques, who spoke only very limited English, was naturally upset by this stranger attacking his cousin. Jacques grabbed the landlord by the collar and hurled him careening into a pipe, which broke it at the coupling and spewed greywater over the man's face. Terrified, the super bolted for the door. Mr. Dreyfus restrained Jacques as the landlord recovered from his shock and hurled more insults at the two.

Tevin heard some peculiar noises coming from the shower head. Hesitantly, he leaned his ear to it, and was surprised the detect the faint, but distinct sound of a man's voice. He could have sworn he heard the shower head whisper "sonuvabitch" at him. Mr. Dreyfus apologized profusely to the landlord, he even got on his knees and wrung his hands. He promised to fix the damages, and to demonstrate, told Jacques to fit the broken pipes together. Jacques had no experience in plumbing and was not aware that residual pipe material was lodged in the coupling. Jacques did have much experience being a strongman, however, and so attempted to force the broken pipe together. When it inevitably failed, he simply tried harder and harder until he was swinging the pipes to his full wingspan and smashing them together.

Tevin began hearing some very odd noises from his shower head. When he noticed it vibrating, he turned his head and stared at it dumbfounded. The shower head shot out and struck him on the brow, causing Tevin to fall backwards, knock his head on the back of the tub and become unconscious.

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 31, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I really wanna read that, and I wish I could bookmark -that- post and come back to it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Football fan fiction posts own. :allears:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Magicpants posted:

Well, actually, they were correct. You see, Tevin began his rigid shower routine as he did every day at 7:30 p.m. As always, he applied soap to his washcloth for 20 seconds. He began to scrub face with small counterclockwise motions beginning with his upper right forehead. Unknown to him, Leon Dreyfus, his neighbor one floor above and three rooms further down was experiencing trouble with his sink. Growing up in Cholet, Mr. Dreyfus never had garbage disposal and thus did not know that he might have verily easily fixed the clog by flipping the switch near the sink, which he had only used once and was terrified by the loud noises it made.

Fortunately, thought Mr. Dreyfus, his cousin, Jacques Gagnier, a strongman of some renown in Pays de la Loire, was visiting with him for the week. Mr. Dreyfus had picked up a set of keys dropped by the doorman two days prior. Mr. Dreyfus had every intention of returning the keys but was a curious man and wanted to explore the locked doors in the building. He was especially hopeful to find a stairwell to the roof. Mr. Dreyfus loved heights since he was a young boy. He would climb to the top of his parent's apartment building and gaze out at the town, the people below, or the sky for hours. He once brought a young lady that he loved up there with him. He kissed her and she turned away to gaze at the horizon as she told him that she had fallen madly in love with the chocolatier's son, who was older, taller and read Italian poetry to her. She said they planned to run away to Milan, but that she would send the young Leon a postcard once they settled down. She asked Leon not to hate her and kissed him on the cheek before she left. Leon never again climbed onto a roof and developed a severe prejudice against Italians, which was fortunate that he never met any.

As Tevin began scrubbing his left armpit, Mr. Dreyfus and Jacques found the door to the basement. The third key they tried opened the door. The two decided it would be smartest to turn off the water before clearing what they assumed was poor drainage to the sewer. Tevin was scrubbing behind his right knee when the water was shut off. The landlord had burnt his hand baking frozen fish sticks and was running it under a hot tap. Confused and annoyed, the landlord retrieved the building super and the two made their way to the basement. Mr. Dreyfus was 5 days late on his rent, and had been late the past three months, a source of friction between Mr. Dreyfus and the landlord. Upon discovering Mr. Dreyfus and Jacques tampering with the plumbing, the landlord flew into a fit of rage and began beating Mr. Dreyfus about the shoulders and screaming insults. Jacques, who spoke only very limited English, was naturally upset by this stranger attacking his cousin. Jacques grabbed the landlord by the collar and hurled him careening into a pipe, which broke it at the coupling and spewed greywater over the man's face. Terrified, the super bolted for the door. Mr. Dreyfus restrained Jacques as the landlord recovered from his shock and hurled more insults at the two.

Tevin heard some peculiar noises coming from the shower head. Hesitantly, he leaned his ear to it, and was surprised the detect the faint, but distinct sound of a man's voice. He could have sworn he heard the shower head whisper "sonuvabitch" at him. Mr. Dreyfus apologized profusely to the landlord, he even got on his knees and wrung his hands. He promised to fix the damages, and to demonstrate, told Jacques to fit the broken pipes together. Jacques had no experience in plumbing and was not aware that residual pipe material was lodged in the coupling. Jacques did have much experience being a strongman, however, and so attempted to force the broken pipe together. When it inevitably failed, he simply tried harder and harder until he was swinging the pipes to his full wingspan and smashing them together.

Tevin began hearing some very odd noises from his shower head. When he noticed it vibrating, he turned his head and stared at it dumbfounded. The shower head shot out and struck him on the brow, causing Tevin to fall backwards, knock his head on the back of the tub and become unconscious.

:monocle:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

It's like a Boomerang

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's over

@ESPNNFL
"Johnny Manziel is probably finished in Cleveland." - John Clayton http://es.pn/1mue04j

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Johnny to Dallas and it'll cost them zero draft picks hahaha

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I love you Johnny Football

Your friend,

Bodie

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Your friend,

Bodie

Vaya con dios

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Vaya con dios

*nods head slightly*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, the Browns are so loving dumb.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chilichimp posted:

Jesus Christ, the Browns are so loving dumb.

But by the same token, Johnny Manziel is so loving dumb too.

A match made in heaven.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I wonder if they'll cut him or try to trade. They're pretty much killing his trade value with all this baloney.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Shocked truly shocked this didn't work out for the Cleveland football Browns.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Your friend,

Bodie

*jumps out of airplane without parachute*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
best of luck to jodi mantel in his future endeavors god bless

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

A match made in heaven.

I mean, yes, Johnny has been a train wreck.

He's going into his 3rd year in the NFL in 2016, still on a 1st round rookie contract. They're going to have to cut him, because no one will trade for him (although several franchises would probably sign him). Just PLAY THE FUCKER, and trade him, if you think it's not going to pan out. Someone would have given you SOMETHING for him, now he's dead money against the cap and you've gotta draft ANOTHER QB, that you'll undoubtedly ruin.

How do they keep gettin' fans?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

A match made in heaven.

If his goal is to get out of Cleveland, it seems to be working well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

How do they keep gettin' fans?

Flikken and I have been having this same conversation and we are stumped. Why does Cleveland have such a fanatical devotion to a team that has let them down so hard for so long?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Flikken and I have been having this same conversation and we are stumped. Why does Cleveland have such a fanatical devotion to a team that has let them down so hard for so long?

Same reasons people are still Lions and Cubs fans: Born in the area, family was fans of them for decades, and it'd be nice if at least one of your 17 generations of relatives could say they saw some sort of success from the team before they kick the bucket

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Allow me. [clears throat for sincere posting voice]. AFCN, plus Lions and Bills fans are from a region of the country that's been socially and economically disadvantaged for a long, long time. There isn't a lot keeping people from leaving, and many people leave for college and never come back. We're referred to as "fly over states", and it isn't often that people who don't live here speak of the Rust Belt in any kind of a positive light.

Our sports teams serve as symbols of a better time, and I think the tenacity you see from fans is an expression of the willingness to hang in there with their cities in bad times. Some people don't want to leave, a and cling to their hometown sports teams in a similar fashion imo

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chichevache posted:

Because I'm an idiot that hopes to see success one day.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Oh, hey, a thread about Manziel.

I'll repeat the scorching hot take I made when TFF seemed to all be in love with him. What made him great in college doesn't translate to the pro game, he'll be a good back up QB in the NFL because teams won't game plan for him but he'll never be more than that.

Thanks for reading, god bless and happy new year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chris James 2 posted:

Same reasons people are still Lions and Cubs fans: Born in the area, family was fans of them for decades, and it'd be nice if at least one of your 17 generations of relatives could say they saw some sort of success from the team before they kick the bucket

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Allow me. [clears throat for sincere posting voice]. AFCN, plus Lions and Bills fans are from a region of the country that's been socially and economically disadvantaged for a long, long time. There isn't a lot keeping people from leaving, and many people leave for college and never come back. We're referred to as "fly over states", and it isn't often that people who don't live here speak of the Rust Belt in any kind of a positive light.

Our sports teams serve as symbols of a better time, and I think the tenacity you see from fans is an expression of the willingness to hang in there with their cities in bad times. Some people don't want to leave, a and cling to their hometown sports teams in a similar fashion imo

I understand where both of you are coming from and I really like your points, but to me it feels like Browns fans reach a level of fanaticism (I mean that in a good way) you don't see in fans of the Lions or bills. Bills Army parties hard, no doubt, but the same optimism and hope that Cleveland fans have year in and year out just doesn't seem to be there. Detroit fans still show up to games as well, but we know that they know that it isn't going to end well.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chichevache posted:

I understand where both of you are coming from and I really like your points, but to me it feels like Browns fans reach a level of fanaticism (I mean that in a good way) you don't see in fans of the Lions or bills. Bills Army parties hard, no doubt, but the same optimism and hope that Cleveland fans have year in and year out just doesn't seem to be there. Detroit fans still show up to games as well, but we know that they know that it isn't going to end well.

I think with the Lions the higher uncertainty makes it more fun. Like yeah they haven't won a playoff game since like 1991, but they make the playoffs once every few years. And then they have (near, sometimes actual) winless seasons. And then there's things like this season, where they start 1-7 and then might finish 7-9.

They crush your dreams, but in at least more inventive ways than the Cincy "allergic to Prime Time games" Bengals.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
John Manziel would be an excellent quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. They fit together nicely. It will be very fun to watch TFF scream via text when he plays.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
joni mitchell will do gud

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

johnny five... aces

coming 2016

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Possible, but not likely.

Hell, I thought Tebow would resurrect himself in Foxborough. Even Satan looked at that & said, "Nope."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I won't be the least be surprised when JFF stops having off-the-field issues once a better franchise picks him up,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Android Bicyclist posted:

Possible, but not likely.

Hell, I thought Tebow would resurrect himself in Foxborough. Even Satan looked at that & said, "Nope."

Tim Tebow is you know what autocorrect just wrote Tom Tenor and I'm just going to leave that here.

Tom Tenor.

• Locked thread